PDA

View Full Version : Song(s) you never get bored with.

AdrianD
May 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Right now for me is Paradise from Coldplay and Radioactive from Imagine Dragons. I am also very high on Mirrors from JT.

It doesnt have to be todays music. If you like 1920s music (xD) you can list that too. Im just wondering.

Recluse
May 30th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Tears Don't Fall and Tears Don't Fall part 2 by Bullet For My Valentine, Chop Suey by System of a Down... I have a lot of songs I can listen to all time.

LORD ANTE
May 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mirrors from JT.
This is one of my drugs right now. Another few would be Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey, Happy Together by Filter, Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran, and Stay by Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko. Some pretty obvious and mainstream ones, for the most part, but I literally can't listen to them enough and blare them throughout my home every day. n_n

Tetrakeet
May 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Here's a song has been in my head for years, it never gets old for me! xD

FEmRXc2X8-s

*Watches Pristine (my Lilligant) dance to the music* ^ ^

Houndour2005
May 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
My top three of songs I won't get bored of.

WeltenBrand - The Ghost Without A Head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ggXZlhhUM

Alenka Gotar - Cvet z jugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9bIAVCCLeI

Krassimir Avramov - Illusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyAthqewF2g

Nuke
May 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
While I don't mean to criticise people's choices or seem mean, some of these mainstream choices will undoubtedly leave you bored two years down the line.

For me anything from Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion or Interpol's Turn On The Bright Lights will never get boring for me. There are a few Coldplay songs such as Violet Hill and The Scientist which would never be skipped on my iTunes either. I might as well be dead if I get bored of those tracks.

LORD ANTE
May 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
While I don't mean to criticise people's choices or seem mean, some of these mainstream choices will undoubtedly leave you bored two years down the line.

That's the thing about mainstream music, though. It's not supposed to last, and it wasn't made to last. Each song was made to fill a space on an album to make a quick buck, followed by the artist moving on to the next song or album to make another buck. At least, that's how I think of it.

Nuke
May 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
That's the thing about mainstream music, though. It's not supposed to last, and it wasn't made to last. Each song was made to fill a space on an album to make a quick buck, followed by the artist moving on to the next song or album to make another buck. At least, that's how I think of it.

I completely agree, I have no dispute with that. But that's exactly why it makes no sense for someone to say they won't get bored with what is intentionally a temporary use song in my opinion.

LORD ANTE
May 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I completely agree, I have no dispute with that. But that's exactly why it makes no sense for someone to say they won't get bored with what is intentionally a temporary use song in my opinion.

Because it varies from person to person, perhaps? I don't have any songs that I stick with or 'don't get bored of' after more than a year or two of listening to it. That's a long time, man. Music gets old after awhile no matter what genre, what artist, what song; I'll easily grow out of any song.

Nuke
May 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Well that's fair enough if a year or so is the longest you can enjoy a song for. I view the thread by its literal meaning because I feel some songs have lived through large changes in my musical tastes over the past five years and therefore have the potential for me to continue never getting bored of them.

lmcde22
May 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Anything by Hilltop Hoods and Bliss n Eso. Australian hip-hop is great

awolfsquared
May 30th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Pardon my Owl City fanboyism, but.

bQmXgjod8B0

Any song by Owl City really, but I can't listen to this and not be in awe each time. In fact I can the whole it comes from is one I can listen to over and over again and not be bored.

I agree with AdrianD and say Paradise by Coldplay is another song I can listen to and not be bored, I can find something beautiful about everytime I listen to it.

More songs:

5kmhkfZFHio

OIJaQhVoMZg

DiEwJTOderQ
Along with "Take a Walk", "Sleepyhead", "Cuddle Fuddle" and several others.
aCyGvGEtOwc
Just any song by Paramore really
dhldbymXK-8

CN4IIgFz93k

Pmv8aQKO6k0
WgBeu3FVi60 (Actually any Matt and Kim song never gets old cause they're all too catchy! )

fe4EK4HSPkI

There's tons of other songs, but these are some prime examples.

Poke Fox
May 31st, 2013, 01:55 AM
Too lazy to find the YouTube vids - only a few songs:

Slayer - "Raining Blood" & "Angel of Death"
Metallica - "Master of Puppets" & "One"
Megadeth - "Peace Sells" & "Sweating Bullets"
Anthrax - "Madhouse" & "Among the Living"

and the two songs that don't fit in with the thrash metal are:
Morbid Angel - "God of Emptiness" & "Blessed are the Sick/Leading the Rats"
Cannibal Corpse - "Hammer Smashed Face" & "Decency Defied"
Divine Empire - "Storm of Hatred"

Koishi Komeiji
May 31st, 2013, 02:46 AM
Well, oddly enough I don't find much interest in music sung by artists. I'm more into video game music .-. (odd huh)

Of course, the music from the Sonic series.
RPYzgCI6Q1I
Hydrocity Zone Act 2

K12NbfWrlVE
Battlefield 3: Kiasar Railroad Loading Theme

aQBjnhctlgQ
Shadow of the Colossus: A Despair filled Farewell

and that's it, really. No real artists, cos that's not my thing.

Rest
May 31st, 2013, 03:28 AM
For me anything from Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion

Hell to the yes. Love this album from head to toe. Personally I can only take it in small doses though (besides Brothersport).

I'll throw out three songs I've been listening to non-stop these past couple of weeks. Haven't gotten bored of 'em in the least. All three are great and just extremely catchy.

Sunburn by Witness (Hip-hop) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81CBmGUvms)

Let it Out by Girl Talk (Mash-up) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsxfquYHf0)

No Destruction by Foxygen (Indie Rock) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-RT9Iqg2U)

AdrianD
May 31st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Pardon my Owl City fanboyism, but.

bQmXgjod8B0

Any song by Owl City really, but I can't listen to this and not be in awe each time. In fact I can the whole it comes from is one I can listen to over and over again and not be bored.

I agree with AdrianD and say Paradise by Coldplay is another song I can listen to and not be bored, I can find something beautiful about everytime I listen to it.

More songs:

5kmhkfZFHio

OIJaQhVoMZg

DiEwJTOderQ
Along with "Take a Walk", "Sleepyhead", "Cuddle Fuddle" and several others.
aCyGvGEtOwc
Just any song by Paramore really
dhldbymXK-8

CN4IIgFz93k

Pmv8aQKO6k0
WgBeu3FVi60 (Actually any Matt and Kim song never gets old cause they're all too catchy! )

fe4EK4HSPkI

There's tons of other songs, but these are some prime examples.

I dont think i could get bored looking at Hailey of Paramore. Soo beautiful and a great voice

Tetrakeet
May 31st, 2013, 01:32 PM
Metallica - "Master of Puppets" & "One"

I 2nd these! They never got old for me, either. :) I don't even listen to metal anymore, but old Metallica always is worth a listen. ;)

@Classic Song: Sonic 2 had more catchy songs in my opinion, but the bonus stages in Sonic 3 are definitely catchy in my ears~ xD I can't think of other memorable songs from S3 though..songs like the Marble Garden Zone and Carnival Night Zone left me with bad memories. >_<

Also, this is another favorite that stays catchy for me:

f2uJmHoI3BM

Sorry, I'm stuck on video game music right now. >_< Next song will not be from a video game, I promise! ^ ^;

Drew
May 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Oh god, I have to pick...

asian songz
Shinee - Replay
MBLAQ - It's War
MLBAQ - Stay
Infinite - Man In Love
Valshe - Afflict
Mamoru Miyano - Nanairo no Compass
Dir en grey - Kodou

non-asian songs
Shinedown - Bully
Evan's Blue - Q
Evan's Blue - Crawl Inside
Enation - Burst Wide Open
Adam Lambert - Never Close Our Eyes
Breaking Benjamin - Breathe

A lot of pop, and rock.

Most of those I've listened to off an on for 2-6 years or more.

God
May 31st, 2013, 07:41 PM
8WYHDfJDPDc

There's a reason why this song has over 12,000 plays on my iTunes.

NightOfRemorse
May 31st, 2013, 08:10 PM
nHr167eSmgU

g_ihXlWKC7g

X4omAQje1IA

I don't see myself ever getting bored of these. They're too amazing for me to just stop listening to them.

Awkward.
June 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Right now, obsessed with Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, Backstabber by Kesha, Alone by Kelly Clarkson, and Timebomb by P!nk. They're pretty catchy. Also, I'm getting back into Kelly's Behind These Hazel Eyes. Pop-rock was pretty jumping around 2010, I wonder what happened to it.

Alli
June 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM
Christ on a crutch, this page lagged me bad.

Anyway, Fix You by Coldplay never gets old for me. I've been in love with that song since I first heard it and saw the video. I plan to use it in my wedding, whenever that is lol. I'm not walking out to boring traditional music. I'm walking out to this.

Tetrakeet
June 2nd, 2013, 07:04 AM
"My Heart" from Titanic is a song I never got bored with, especially the remixes... ^ ^;

*Gets pelted by berries from all sides*

I'm a fan of Coldplay too, especially "Clocks"

Quiggy
June 4th, 2013, 02:11 PM
A few of my favorites that I don't see myself getting bored with any time in the near future.

NIcuDQ2uwkE

bnKdnDS9KtM

lSk8B28g1cE

Amore
June 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Christ on a crutch, this page lagged me bad.

Anyway, Fix You by Coldplay never gets old for me. I've been in love with that song since I first heard it and saw the video. I plan to use it in my wedding, whenever that is lol. I'm not walking out to boring traditional music. I'm walking out to this.

Haha, that's a brilliant idea! And a great song too, by a great band. I never get bored of it either.

The entire discography of Busted and Muse, never get bored of any of them. Especially Muse, they're literally the greatest band in the world right now. "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and "Diane Young" by Vampire Weekend are two I can't get out of my head at the moment. I know it's only been a hit for about a month or so, but Can't Hold Us is about the 3rd most-played song in my iTunes already (Admittedly that's only counting since I got my computer at the start of the year, but still). Diane Young didn't really seem great when I heard it in the album, but I fell in love with it after hearing it in a club, and for some reason I just want to listen to it 24/7. Really frustrating in exams when all I've got going through my head is "baby baby baby baby...".
Another two albums I never get bored of are "Brothers" and "El Camino" by The Black Keys. Particularly Gold on the Ceiling, ever since I saw the last episode of Chuck where Sarah walks up the beach to this, it's not been out of my head.

And finally, because I love music so I could make a 200+ post thread of just me raving about different songs, every now and again a certain slightly older song pops into my head:

EDIT: Allright, so I seem incapable of putting YouTube videos into my posts, so just click the links. Trust me, you'll enjoy it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHV0zs0kVGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1i5coU-0_Q

Oh, and seeing as I've just picked two songs from 80s films, I feel the need to link to "Twist and Shout" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off because, well...awesome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQFTq2FIdY

EDIT: Btw, I'm not trying to look cool by posting those links, I genuinely do have all these songs floating around my head!

Corvus of the Black Night
June 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Jbp52Z9jRg0
How is it even possible to get sick of this? It's the epitome of making you feel like a badass. Really.

F7jSp2xmmEE
And this. Really. This makes you just realize how awesome everything is.

Dreg
June 10th, 2013, 01:52 AM
As far as VG music goes, there would be far too many to list. But lately, there has been some songs that I came across that I'm sure I won't get bored with. I'll only put 2 of them down.

uMWgmOG6nQU
These sound like a modern day Iron Maiden. I really like Iron Maiden, so I can't see me getting bored of this any time soon.

XHFj-GrAf8w
Now I really love Icewind. I think there's only one song I don't like. But this has to be my favorite of them all.

AdrianD
June 10th, 2013, 08:23 PM
This new song from Karmin's Acapella. It will be available soon. Heard it on the morning radio show, Elvis Duran.

Kanzler
June 10th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Whenever I want to feel sentimental:

Oq4J83DZjDA

Demon Days
June 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Any of Pendulum's songs, especially the older ones. I recommend the people who haven't listened to them do.

The_Consumer
June 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
The songs that I never get tired of...
Gemini-Falling
The Postal Service-Brand New Colony
Jamiroquai-Falling
Gemini-Rise and Fall
Gemini-Blue
Gemini-And You
The Bigger Lights-Hey Summer
New Order-Blue Monday
New Edition-Candy Girl

There are about 500 more. The above is just a taster :P

Sargas006
June 12th, 2013, 12:11 AM
The song I never get bored is The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright. I listen to this song about 4 years and I can't stop!
VrZ4sMRYimw

Fire Flyy
June 12th, 2013, 12:24 AM
A few of my favorites that I don't see myself getting bored with any time in the near future.

lSk8B28g1cE

hell yeah young sinatra, this dude knows what's up, i'll check out the other vids, i think i've heard of eyedea, but oblivious to blueprint.

as for songs i never get bored of
gorgeous - kanye west ft kid cudi and raekwon
electric feel - mgmt
blessing it -substantial & pase rock [prod by nujabes]
hard to beat - hard-fi
and ive also been bumping gotta get thru this by daniel bedingfield at the moment, sort of a classic in my mind

AdrianD
June 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Right now I am really liking this song by Zed I think it is

Brynjolf
June 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I cannot get tired of anything by Green Day, really. Their stuff is everlasting. You can't get tired of them, but I'm biased towards them anyway, because they're my favorite band.

Right now I am absolutely in love with both the Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 soundtrack, as well as the Iron Man 1, 2 & 3 soundtracks.

Ozymandias
June 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Whoop Whoop! Can't ever get tired of a little Slim Shaaady!!!! XD

BfeC6TZZmVA

Or a little Dre and Snoop :p

fhr5UBZh1rY

Mr Cat Dog
July 23rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Most of Fleetwood Mac's discography from 1975 to 1987 is pretty much timeless to me. Since discovering it, there hasn't been a time where I haven't found it all kinds of pleasurable to listen to. This is in contrast with some of the stuff that I used to listen to, which I can't imagine listening to now, and vice versa. Maybe it's because they were already so well established when I first listened, but I can't see myself ever getting bored of the Mac!

Cassino
August 13th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I don't know why but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehsAEpJINIA) is endlessly listenable.

Zero°
August 13th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Anything by Alstroemeria Records, especially their gapless "Dancehall" albums.

There are also a few songs by Wiz Khalifa, especially his older songs from his "Kush & OJ" and "Rolling Papers" albums.

Demetori, Undead Corporation, and Thousand Leaves never get old to me either, especially Star Voyage 2008 by Undead Corp.

Hikamaru
August 13th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Right now I am really liking this song by Zed I think it is

Oh, you mean Clarity?

I have to admit I fell in love with this song lately, the clip is actually goddamn epic graphics-wise. No wonder I had to stick the video on my profile. Otherwise, I also tend to never get bored of anything by Calvin Harris, I think his songs have good charm to them.

(Oh, and I liked your post there)

Crunch Punch
August 13th, 2013, 02:55 AM
I'm a sucker for reminiscing on good times, and the vibe and the feel-good tone to this song just makes it perfect. The lyrics are awesome too. Even the music video adds to the feel to the song... it's just perfect.

knU9gRUWCno

ShadowE
August 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
ScarS by Anna Yvette

Idk why, but i just have this song endlessly on repeat and im singing along aswell. Lyrics are amazing, so is the singing... A song to fall in love with imo

Aeroblast
August 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Anything Linkin Park, really. It's difficult to pick a favorite but New divide,In the end, Numb... I could probably listen those 100 times in a row and not get bored.

pompayyy
August 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM
WqukWXviyew

American Pie - Don McLean

This is a song that
A. Is SUPER CATCHY.
B. Has many controversial lyrics, that are fun to try and decrypt
C. Talks about the death of Buddy Holly :(

I really liked this song when I was young, and I still love it.

The_Consumer
August 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM
The songs that I never get tired of...
Gemini-Falling
The Postal Service-Brand New Colony
Jamiroquai-Falling
Gemini-Rise and Fall
Gemini-Blue
Gemini-And You
The Bigger Lights-Hey Summer
New Order-Blue Monday
New Edition-Candy Girl

There are about 500 more. The above is just a taster :P

Ironically I don't listen to these songs at all nowadays...
EDIT: I just realised I revived a pretty old thread. Sorry if I have caused any inconvenience :(

Sideshow Bob
August 15th, 2014, 04:42 AM
One Less Lonely Girl, it's just a sweet, soulful tune, which if listened to by the right person, it actually means something.

CrazyBunnyCoaster
August 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Anything by Simple Plan. I am in love with their music and them as well because I have grown up with them since the age of sixteen. Their music has touched my heart and made my life a little better each time I listen to them.

Also, despite the love and hate it gets, I love the song Let it Go. Not by Demi Lovato, though I do like her version. I love this song because I can relate to it so well.

There are so many songs I could list, but I can't think of them at the moment though. XD

I just realized this is a dead year old thread. Whoops.

Bryanpiuma
August 15th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger's ost

Nolafus
August 15th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Right now, it's Panic Attack by Dream Theater. I don't know what it is about this song, but I never tire of it. I listen to it just about every day.

Yuta
August 16th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Love Words by Hatsune Miku...her voice is so cute and cheerful!! I never bored listening to it..

Evil Stud Muffin
August 16th, 2014, 12:59 AM
The entire Aqualung album, and the entirety of Zepplin's discography.

Quilva
August 16th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I'm gonna assume mods know that this thread is necroed and allowed it.

Almost every Hollywood Undead and Linkin Park song and
whl91kKmu5w

-Nai-
August 25th, 2014, 10:52 AM
46 & 2 by Tool and anything by Nirvana :P

kyuubi93
August 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Nothing Left by As I Lay Dying

Probably one of my favorite metal songs. I love listening to it, especially when the opening track "Separation" is played before. Perfect way to open an album, and this song will never get old to me.

awolfsquared
August 25th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Goes back to this thread to post more.

This song gets in my head all the time. I don't think I'll ever forget it.
bAsGFnLl2u0
Like if I had to show someone what indie rock sounded like, I'd use this as one of the examples. And then "Repitla" by The Strokes and maybe also the radio version of "I Will Posses Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie. Or "Soul Meets Body".

Oh there's three other songs that never get old.
Other songs:
Dreaming by Smallpools
Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots
Trees by Twenty One Pilots
Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
Be My Escape by Relient K
Dare You To Move by Switchfoot
Meant to Live by Switchfoot
Fireflies by Owl City
Somebody Told Me/Mr.Brightside/Spaceman by The Killers
All The Small Things by Blink-182
Pop by N sync (I'm not afraid to admit that. I had a love for pop music as a kid, this song just stuck to me even now.)
All Star by Smash Mouth
Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy.
Teenagers by My Chemical Romance ( and a good amount of other MCR songs like Na Na Na ..., Planetary Go, Helena, I'm Not Okay , etc.)
I Write Sins, Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
The Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic! At the Disco
Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco
Still Into You by Paramore

Poki
August 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Most songs by the bands I listen to, and anything by Nirvana.