PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread 2013

Captain Fabio
June 5th, 2013, 12:37 AM
http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/06/e3_2013_logo.jpg

THE TIME HAS COME ONCE MORE!
Welcome to the official E3 discussion thread. The time is upon us, once again, for the biggest Video Game Expo of the year. This is where the big companies battle it out on stage and aim to 'wow' the audience with their new technology, games and plans for the coming year.

Event information
Live event coverage will be HERE (http://uk.ign.com/events/e3)

When?
June 10th through June 14th

Where?
Los Angeles, CA at the Los Angeles Convention Centre

Time Zone?
UTC/GMT -8 hours

Schedule
Microsoft
Monday June 10th - 9:30am

EA
Monday June 10th - 1:00pm

Ubisoft
Monday June 10th - 3:00pm

Sony
Monday June 10th - 6:00pm

Nintendo
Nintendo Direct: Tuesday
June 11th - 7AM

Pokemon X/Y Panel
June 11th - 6PM

Discuss everything that is E3 here!

Rest
June 5th, 2013, 01:32 AM
I'm excited to see what Nintendo has in store. Pretty pumped to see PS4 in the flesh too. I don't particularly care for XBox One.

Pinkie-Dawn
June 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm generally more excited for Nintendo Direct at E3 because of Smash Bros., and I'm planning to create a new thread discussing about it by analyzing rosters from previous titles. For Microsoft, I'm expecting whether or not that image for the upcoming Xbox One launch titles, which has been going around the internet not too long ago, is true.

Captain Fabio
June 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Just so you know guys and girls, Nintendo aren't actually doing a conference like the others, as they decided they didn't want to, so they are just doing the Nintendo Direct thing.

Just incase anyone was wondering why they aren't in the main line up.

Miss Doronjo
June 5th, 2013, 10:46 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'm wondering how much boos Microsoft will get this year. Or at least, how they will screw up, according to viewers.

Other than that, I'm always looking forward on what Nintendo will show in their Nintendo Direct, with Mario Kart Wii U and Super Smash Bros Wii U up on the horizon. I hope Sony will showcase Tales of Xillia too, and maybe they'll showcase more HD-remake games. Hm. I'm going to be looking forward to the Pokemon X&Y Panel too.

Morkula
June 5th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Microsoft has a lot of damage control to do, and not much time to do it. Their conference is going to have to blow people away with games while at the same time clarifying their position on a number of controversial topics.

Meanwhile, Sony is in a lot stronger position going into E3. They're still in gamers' good graces and have already shown off a number of PS4 titles, with a lot more obviously to be shown off at E3. Plus, Microsoft is going first. If MS makes even one misstep in their conference, Sony can take it and run with it 8 hours later at theirs.

Should all be interesting to watch. I'm really looking forward to observing it (and covering it, for that matter).

Captain Fabio
June 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I agree that Microsoft have a lot of damage control to do. The xbox1 hasn't gone down well at all, so it is going to take a lot for them to try and win this years E3. With Microsoft going before Sony, they need to really hard home hard with something, or Sony are going to have an easy platform for the PS4.

Brendino
June 6th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I think that some of what we hear at both Microsoft and Sony's conferences on Monday will really determine whether gamers that are on the fence go with either the Xbox One or PS4. I know that I've been anxiously awaiting each presentation, as this is probably the most we'll find out about each console until they're approaching their respective launch dates.

Obviously, Sony has a huge advantage by having their presentation go later in the day, meaning they can pick apart any small things that Microsoft talks about that gets even a little negative reaction. Microsoft will really have to hit it out of the park if they want to both make up for some of the negative reaction that they've already received, and to outshine the PS4 conference.

I really wish I would've thought about booking the day off work in advance, but maybe that could be a blessing in disguise, as I won't be spending an entire day glued to my computer screen awaited each little tidbit of news.

Kura
June 7th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I think Microsoft will continue to show us crap. And nintendo is showing nothing. That's my forecast for E3

Overlord Drakow
June 7th, 2013, 04:38 AM
COME ON SONY!

I'd really like to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 released over here but I can't see it happening V_V

Maybe some news on Kingdom Hearts 3?

The PS3 has served me well throughout the years, never had any technical issues with it. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4 at some stage. Oh man, maybe they'll finally put out some good games for the PS Vita too . . .

The funny thing is, I'm still playing my PSP and in some aspects I think it's better than the 3DS lmao - you can hook it up to a TV how cool is that bro?

I'mma stop rambling now.

KingCharizard
June 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM
I cant wait, im just upset i couldn't get tickets and no one gave me any this year. The biggest thing im looking forward to hear about it the future of multiplayer on these new consoles.

As most others are saying I dont think microsoft will impress, and I think sony will continue to do what it has done up to this point. The thing about nintendo is surprising but some would say its to be expected, there is only so many motion gaming titles you could make before it gets old and boring, also nintendo has a habit of falling back on old IP's and using them to make money.

Pinkie-Dawn
June 7th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know which gaming website will show livestream conferences at better quality and less lag?

I think Microsoft will continue to show us crap. And nintendo is showing nothing. That's my forecast for E3

You do realize that Nintendo will be showing new trailers of their upcoming games, including the anticipated Smash Bros. title and Retro Studios' secret project, as well as a Pokemon conference later on next Tuesday?

Morkula
June 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know which gaming website will show livestream conferences at better quality and less lag?
Usually GameTrailers has the best quality streams - they're HD and pretty big too. Not sure about lag though.

And I'm really excited to see the "future of Final Fantasy" even though I'm pretty sure it's just Versus rebranded to XV. Then again, I doubt we see it for a few more years even after they finally show it off. Probably going to happen at the Sony conference, since there's a private press event about it on Tuesday.

Zet
June 7th, 2013, 10:05 PM
COME ON SONY!

I'd really like to see Valkyria Chronicles 3 released over here but I can't see it happening V_V

Maybe some news on Kingdom Hearts 3?

The PS3 has served me well throughout the years, never had any technical issues with it. I'll be looking forward to getting a PS4 at some stage. Oh man, maybe they'll finally put out some good games for the PS Vita too . . .

The funny thing is, I'm still playing my PSP and in some aspects I think it's better than the 3DS lmao - you can hook it up to a TV how cool is that bro?

I'mma stop rambling now.
Unfortunately we won't hear anything about Kingdom Hearts 3 until Versus is out :(

You do realize that Nintendo will be showing new trailers of their upcoming games, including the anticipated Smash Bros. title and Retro Studios' secret project, as well as a Pokemon conference later on next Tuesday?
As Morkula said, GT offers the best quality streams, and I've never had any lag problems with them(I'm in Australia so that says a lot).

Overlord Drakow
June 10th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I think you got the wrong timezone, it should be pacific not UTC.

Nauje
June 10th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Just gutted that the Sony press conference will be at 2AM here in the UK, which I won't be up till 'cause I got an exam tomorrow. Urgh :(

Still, I'm interested to see what these '15 exclusives' Microsoft are promising for the XBone. I'm a Playstation guy (have owned all the consoles except Vita) so I'm hoping they continue to screw up and Playstation becomes the holy relic of gaming bar PCs haha

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Yeah I won't be watching the Sony conference since they'll most likely ignore the Vita as usual (for the love of god sony give me a reason to play this damn thing) and I really don't care about the PS4 or Sony's current franchises to stay up late for them.

In it for Microsoft and Nintendo though. It's gonna take way more than Halo to get my and others attentions this time, Microsoft. So it should be interesting to see what they're cooking. I've already got a Wii U and that thing needs games.

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I'm looking forward to the MS conference. I guess I'll read up on what Sony are up to in the morning, since it's at a poor time for me.

Pokemon tomorrow will probably end up being more interesting than the consoles themselves.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Smash 4 is what I'm particularly excited for. I'm more than content with a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita this gen, and I know they'll all get good games eventually. (3DS already did) I doubt I'll get an Xbone or PS4, but hey, it's E3 today, so I might change my mind as soon as tomorrow. A new Naughty Dog game could get me to buy a PS4, if it looks appealing to me.

EDIT: 3 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Smash 4 is what I'm particularly excited for. I'm more than content with a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita this gen, and I know they'll all get good games eventually. (3DS already did) I doubt I'll get an Xbone or PS4, but hey, it's E3 today, so I might change my mind as soon as tomorrow. A new Naughty Dog game could get me to buy a PS4, if it looks appealing to me.

EDIT: 2 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

If you're talking about The Last Of Us which is getting a lot of hype at the moment, it's a PS3 game.

Anyway we have to assume CoD will be shoved down our throats so have some pre-E3 warmup.

Link1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3ffGIgey9yg) Link2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wmw39Qa8eds)

Footage of two missions. People finally seem disappointed for once, it's about time it has been horrible since MW2.

Miss Doronjo
June 10th, 2013, 06:14 AM

EDIT: 3 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

I thiiiiiiink they're only going to show brief screenshots of the new smash bros game, according to a Nintendo direct sometime ago. Unless I'm missing something here.

...I've been thinking about this a lot, but, if Microsoft actually pulls through with their presentation, maybe my mind will be changed about the Xbox One? Of course, it depends on what video games are going to be available for the Xbox One, and for the PS4 for that matter, but, I guess we'll just have to see.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Smash 4 was confirmed to get a trailer by none other than Sakurai himself.

If you're talking about The Last Of Us which is getting a lot of hype at the moment, it's a PS3 game.

Not Last of Us, a new game, preferably a new IP. The Uncharted 3 team probably got something cooking for PS4. We'll see.

Zet
June 10th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah I won't be watching the Sony conference since they'll most likely ignore the Vita as usual (for the love of god sony give me a reason to play this damn thing) and I really don't care about the PS4 or Sony's current franchises to stay up late for them.

In it for Microsoft and Nintendo though. It's gonna take way more than Halo to get my and others attentions this time, Microsoft. So it should be interesting to see what they're cooking. I've already got a Wii U and that thing needs games.
If they're showing off the PS4, you can bet they'll be showing off the Vita as well.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Sure sure, but will they show off the Vita games? :P That's what I'm interested in.

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Starting off with MGSV, smart move.

Captain Fabio
June 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Nothing has stood out to me so far and Ryse looks... awful. It just looks like a quick time version of Total War.

Miss Doronjo
June 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Starting off with MGSV, smart move.

I thought it was only an Sony exclusive though. Hm.

Nothing has stood out to me so far and Ryse looks... awful. It just looks like a quick time version of Total War.

For the game, I don't think you'd have to rely solely on QTE's. They were probably just constantly using QTE's to show off their animations. But, eh, I have mixed feelings about the game myself, but, I thought it looked cool~

EDIT: I really like Sunset Overdrive; it reminds me of Borderlands!

TwilightBlade
June 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
EDIT: I really like Sunset Overdrive; it reminds me of Borderlands!
wuh wuh wuh? 8D

Oh, it's exclusive to Xbox One. I'm never getting that, not after reading about some of the questionable policies. :(

I'm especially looking forward to Smash 4 news. It may tempt me to get a WiiU (besides Sonic Lost World). :P

Boomburst
June 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I died when the sound cut off when Crimson Dragon had a sound glitch. Looks like the next generation is here. Also, I am sick of SmartGlass already and I haven't even used it, and while I'm not against second screens on video game consoles, It doesn't look very well done.

Just give me Sony and Nintendo's new games and I'll be happy.

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Sunset Overdrive looks like Borderlands crossed with Jet Set Radio, not sure if I like the look of it.

The 360 preservation is looking good and I'm looking forward to playing Halo 3 again when it's on offer for free.

The games for the One have been largely hit and miss, but the console itself and its policies are looking a lot better than they did originally. I suspect games will be largely the same on PS4 anyway minus Forza.

Crimson Dragon's lack of music just made a hilariously bad game look worse.

Expect mass editing for BF4.

KingCharizard
June 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I must say, Microsoft has impressed me with with the games, but im still not happy about the kinect and used game crap..

How the hell will people be able to afford $500

Miss Doronjo
June 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
They're putting up Xbox One for $499. That's... quite a lot. XD Although, maybe because it's a first launch?

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
£429 I'm out.

Nice try MS, but uhh no not for now. Sony go under 350 and I'm happy to jump ship.

Captain Fabio
June 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM
£429 I'm out.

Nice try MS, but uhh no not for now. Sony go under 350 and I'm happy to jump ship.

£429 - UK
$499 - US
€499 - Europe

Wow, that is an insult to the UK fans. Shocking price.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 10:02 AM
BAHAHAHA 500$.

Also the Dead Rising 3 gameplay was disgusting. Way to kill what made the last two titles different from other zombie games, which are colors and personality. This main character makes Chuck Greene look fun, and that guy was super serious next to Frank West

Best thing about this conference, aside from MGS5 looking soo good, was Halo 5 being 60fps. Everything else was boring or borderline crap. I love how Insomniac did not learn from FUSE at all.

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
£429 - UK
$499 - US
€499 - Europe

Wow, that is an insult to the UK fans. Shocking price.

XE conversion from $499 to £ is £320.

Really how do we get such a bum deal all the time?

Pinkie-Dawn
June 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I'm surprised that none of you guys mentioned the return of Killer Instinct, nor are you excited about it. I guess people really did lose confidence in Rare's games ever since Nuts 'n' Bolts.

Aeon
June 10th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I was actually surprised to see Killer Instinct make a return (and the lack of Call of Doggy) . I was expecting Banjo-Kinectie or something like that...

Anyway, $499...this means the PS4 is probably going to be more horrifyingly expensive and the Wii U's price suddenly seems justified. Overall, games/10.

Miss Doronjo
June 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Anyway, $499...this means the PS4 is probably going to be more horrifyingly expensive and the Wii U's price suddenly seems justified. Overall, games/10.

Then again, maybe if Sony markets their PS4 price at about $399 or so, they could gain the spotlight and steal the show from here.

Well, I'm not an marketing expert, so, I guess we'll see what they'll do.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
OK, yeah, I admit, I forgot about Killer Instincts, and the fighter fan in me makes me interested in it. But I can't help but think it was boring? I don't know. Just was not appealing at all. I just don't trust Rare anymore into making a proper fighter.

Did anyone else laugh at the "DEATH OF A.I, MAKE IT MORE HUMAN" speech? Gold stuff.

They pretty much gave Sony the win here. Unless they screw up too, which is still possible. We'll see. That conference just made the PS4 look all the more appealing to me and I did not even like the PS3.

Nuke
June 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I didn't think it was a disappointing conference overall like many people do, it's just the price is really excessive especially in the UK imo.

Either way those with 360s will still be happy for a while before they get to make a next gen decision.

Aeon
June 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I actually was hardly expecting any bit of a show so for me, MS didn't disappoint.

I'm kind of doubtful the PS4 will be at a $399 price point though. A bunch of graphs I see...seem to show the the PS4 has more raw power than the Xbox One, but we'll just have to wait and see (then again, it's not being bundled with some silly motion-tracking camera that nobody really wanted bundled.)

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Plants Vs. Zombies - Garden Warfare.

E3 everybody.

Nauje
June 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Plants Vs. Zombies has turned into a third-person shooter.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 12:30 PM
"Tell us why dribbling is important."

"Because it's the only way we're allowed to move up and down the court with the ball"

E3 2013, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Spinosaurus
June 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Alright, I'll admit, Plants vs Zombie TPS actually looks rad.
"Tell us why dribbling is important."

"Because it's the only way we're allowed to move up and down the court with the ball"

E3 2013, Ladies and Gentlemen.
But...they're right? Or am I missing something here?

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Alright, I'll admit, Plants vs Zombie TPS actually looks rad.

But...they're right? Or am I missing something here?
Nah, I just found the whole question and answer to be at least chuckle worthy. I always get some sort of enjoyment out of the Sports bits.

And I agree about PvZ. I'll definitely be checking it out.

awolfsquared
June 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I'm not exactly sure all that's happned with Microsoft, but so far of what I've read , the Xbox One doesn't attract me yet. $500 for a system that requires internet connection every 24 hours, DRM, restricts used games, and requires Kinect to use? No thanks.

I'm still looking forward to Nintendo' Direct stream tomorrow morning the most. I'm the most excited for Smash 4 info and the X and Y panel. I'll probably get Smash on my 3DS cause I see myself more or less getting than first over a Wii U. (I'll hopefully get a Wii U too though.)

Razer302
June 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Been waiting for this to go up. Haven't seen any so far just got in from work. Xbox one for me has lost a lot. The price was insane, and MGS goin to be on XBOX has let me down a lot...

watching Ubisoft now. Assassins creed looking great. This actually has made me want to go out and pick up AC3.

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'd say Ubi was pretty much the same as last year: okay show with an interesting finisher. I honestly can't wait to see more of The Division, it looks like an interesting (and pretty ambitious) title.

Kura
June 10th, 2013, 03:45 PM
You guys are forgetting tax. 499+Canadian HST makes it around $570. Still, the UK is too expensive. The UK price translates to about 650-700 bucks. Insane.

Arx
June 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM
In other words, MS thinks we are a bunch of avid gamers who will jump on his console. No thanks.

Moist
June 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
DEAD RISING THREEEEEEEEEEE

I still can't believe the rumors were true :O

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 04:16 PM
DEAD RISING THREEEEEEEEEEE

I still can't believe the rumors were true :O
Hopefully it will go to the other platforms. Personally, I want to play it on the PC, or the PS4 or Wii U at least, but I'll be dam^ed if I'll buy an Xbone for it.

Zet
June 10th, 2013, 04:25 PM
You guys are forgetting tax. 499+Canadian HST makes it around $570. Still, the UK is too expensive. The UK price translates to about 650-700 bucks. Insane.
It will also probably be $600-$700 here as well, which is probably going to lose a lot of pre-orders.

Arx
June 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Actually preorders XB1>PS4 by 2.3% according to a site. It's awful I know.

machomuu
June 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah, it's scary how many polls have been in favor of the Xbone, especially considering most of the outcry against it.

Rest
June 10th, 2013, 04:42 PM
None from the X-Box One launch line-up has impressed me, besides Killer Instinct.

$500 for a set? No thanks. DRM? HELL to the NO. It's funny they decided to sweep it under the rug.

Captain Fabio
June 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I don't care about the pre-order stats currently because they mean nothing. Microsoft went first, so it is certain they have more people going for the xbox one.
I bet after the Sony conference, you will have the PS4 getting more pre-orders, on average, then the xbox one at the time.

Just how it works. Wait and see in a month or two and see who is actually ahead.

Kanzler
June 10th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'll never be able to afford these game consoles TT.TT And Valve isn't doing anything for E3 2013 TT.TT I'll be excited for Assassin's Creed, Company of Heroes 2, and more on the story for COD: Ghosts. Go PC Gaming!

Razer302
June 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
omg kingdom hearts 3... Thats it for me Sony just won... I love kingdom hearts. that has sealed the whole thing for me. Don't even need to bother going back and watching the rest. Had a group convo on skype going and we all shut up when KH3 came out.

And ff versus... Looking good

Renyui!
June 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM
>mfw when they announced FF versus becoming FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/093/308/Thank-You-Based-God.jpg

Netto Azure
June 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
LOL Sony is flag-waving their Non-XBOX restrictions on used games.

Purple Materia
June 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Sony killed at E3.

No used game restrictions? No online requirements?

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts freaking three?!

I'm buying a PS4. No questions asked.

Captain Fabio
June 10th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Well, that was entertaining. I am sold on the PS4. Sounds like you have to pay for online gaming, which sucks, but a £349 price ($399) and the games and features easily covers that up for me.

Sorry Microsoft, but you lost.

Razer302
June 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Microsoft just lost that so hard. FF versus was epic. KH epic. The way they handled the whole used games and online thing made me laugh.

And then to kick it off with the price... Just killed it.

Kanzler
June 10th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Do you think the PS4 will get a price drop in the first year or so or is $399 as good as it's gonna get for a while? Sorry, speculating on price drops already, I'm cheap, I know, I'm not going to buy any gaming system full price :P

Zet
June 10th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Well, that was entertaining. I am sold on the PS4. Sounds like you have to pay for online gaming, which sucks, but a £349 price ($399) and the games and features easily covers that up for me.

Sorry Microsoft, but you lost.
It's not too bad paying of PS+ considering how much better it is than xbox gold.

Also the Australian price for the PS4 is $550, while the Xbox One is $600. I didn't think the price difference here would be so close to each other.

Pinkie-Dawn
June 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM
So far, Sony has won E3 with Versus XIII/XV/whatever and the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It's gonna take Nintendo a lot of hype to exceed the same levels of Square's game for the PS4 (maybe revealing Ridley for the SSB4 trailer should do?).

vaporeon7
June 10th, 2013, 10:05 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/5552_626419480703471_1042705843_n.jpg
Better luck next time Microsoft.

Rest
June 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
>mfw when they announced FF versus becoming FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3

>FFXV
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Dark Cloud on PSN
>Ico-esque Rain
>Oddworld
>Destiny
>mfw

Microsoft got told.

I'm pumped. Can't wait for Nintendo Direct too (SSB trailer especially).

Aeon
June 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Microsoft got told.

Cash4Told
kWSIFh8ICaA

Hyped for the Nintendo Direct stream. Mainly for that SSB4 and maybe some X/Y? I know there's a round table about it but yeah

awolfsquared
June 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM
The PS4 looks way better than Xbox One.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/PlayStation_4_Trasparent_File.png

Sony just put the finally nail in Microsoft's coffin. With FF XV and KH3 , they won.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has to offer, maybe they can beat Sony, but who knows. I'll probably still sleeping when the Nintendo Direct happens here (even if it at 9am here, I usually don't wake up till 11am or 12pm) but I'll probably catch the info on Facebook newsfeed on all the Pokemon and Nintendo- related pages I've liked lol. Pokemon Direct on the other hand, I hope I'll be awake and on my computer as the Twitter updates are happening. (And refreshing Twitter constantly. XD) Can't wait for more X and Y info mostly.

Brendino
June 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Well, I wasn't able to follow the coverage during the day, but it looks like Sony won out big time over Microsoft and the Xbox One. The only real downside that I've heard is that you have to pay $5 a month for PS+ if you want to play online, but with the 360 having done that for the past couple years, it isn't that big of a concern to me.

And while I was already leaning towards getting the PS4, it easily sounds like the better system, and starting $100 cheaper is a huge plus in my book. I still can't see myself getting it at launch (I'll wait to see the public's opinion on it before I jump in), but it would take something huge for me to want to jump ship to the Xbox at this point.

I'm also interested in what Nintendo has to offer in their presentations. I've been on the fence about hearing any X/Y info, since I'd like to avoid spoilers as much as humanly possible, but just logging onto PC everyday makes it hard to stay away, so I might just end up tuning in. And while I don't really care about the Wii U, I'd love to hear what they have in store for the 3DS over the next couple of months.

Overlord Drakow
June 11th, 2013, 12:18 AM
YES, KINGDOM HEARTS THREE MOTHER****ERS! GAME SET AND MATCH RIGHT THERE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Spinosaurus
June 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Can anyone list the games that were revealed during the Sony conference? And did Vita get any?

Because Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV do NOTHING for me.

Sony really landed a death blow on Microsoft with that pricing though hahahaha.

So far, Sony has won E3 with Versus XIII/XV/whatever and the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It's gonna take Nintendo a lot of hype to exceed the same levels of Square's game for the PS4 (maybe revealing Ridley for the SSB4 trailer should do?).It's all tastes but no matter how you look at it, Smash and 3D Mario are bigger than Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. The only difference was that 3D Mario and Smash 4 were announced in advance.

Personally, when it comes to the games, Nintendo has this one in the bag just with the line up we already know, but I still don't know Sony's one.

Zet
June 11th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Can anyone list the games that were revealed during the Sony conference? And did Vita get any?

Because Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV do NOTHING for me.

Sony really landed a death blow on Microsoft with that pricing though hahahaha.

It's all tastes but no matter how you look at it, Smash and 3D Mario are bigger than Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. The only difference was that 3D Mario and Smash 4 were announced in advance.

Personally, when it comes to the games, Nintendo has this one in the bag just with the line up we already know, but I still don't know Sony's one.
For Vita games, I can remember Killzone: Mercenary, FFX/X-2 HD, and God of War 1 and 2 HD.
The Vita will also be a remote controller for the PS4, so you can play your PS4 games on it in another room.

Gran Turismo 6, Infamous: Second Son, Beyond two souls(or something like that), Killzone, AC4, and a bunch of other stuff. You can watch the Sony conference here and find out more.

DmoZAPDV3ew

Rest
June 11th, 2013, 04:12 AM
snip

There's a full list of announced Sony games in this link (http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1g3347/official_rgames_sony_e3_conference_thread/) in the comments section, m8.

Aeon
June 11th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Well Nintendo has finally done it. I now feel like I've got a reason or two to buy a Wii U now.

Pinkie-Dawn
June 11th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I believe Nintendo won this year's E3? Because of one thing:

Mega Man confirmed for SSB4!

Captain Fabio
June 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade are the only things that interested me and one is a remake.

So, I am afraid I won't be buying your console, Nintendo.

Nuke
June 11th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I'm still catching up on PS4 info as I couldn't watch the conference due to time.

From what I gather so far it wins though. £79 cheaper, FFXV (should still be called Vs.XIII but oh well), job done.

That said I don't think there's enough on either console to actually warrant my money on release or the Christmas which will quickly follow release. My 360 will probably stick around for a good while yet.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I think Sony won this game with Final Fantasy XV and KH3 (and I see several of you agree xD), also their console is less expansive than the Xbox One.

I must say I felt like Nintendo did the weakest...and Microsoft doesn't even have games I play but they sure looked cooler.

Spinosaurus
June 11th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I want to know how Nintendo is the weakest?

Because in terms of games, Sony is.

machomuu
June 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I think Sony won this game with Final Fantasy XV and KH3 (and I see several of you agree xD), also their console is less expansive than the Xbox One.

I must say I felt like Nintendo did the weakest...and Microsoft doesn't even have games I play but they sure looked cooler.
So you think they were better for their presentation than what they actually presented?

Spinosaurus
June 11th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm so surprised at the people praising Sony's presentation. In terms of games, even Microsoft had a much better showing, and they actually made me think about next gen. Sony was super underwhelming in that department.

But nope, because they announced the lack of a DRM, their presentation is suddenly the best ever. It's so sad we're seeing people getting sooo excited about it, to the point they forget about the other anti-consumer policy they're bringing in, a paywall for online. (Microsoft had it before, sure, and there's no defending it, or this.)

If no DRM is what people wanted, might as well look into the Wii U.

EDIT: Let's not forget how the PS3 had a better showing than the Vita.

machomuu
June 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I'm so surprised at the people praising Sony's presentation. In terms of games, even Microsoft had a much better showing, and they actually made me think about next gen. Sony was super underwhelming in that department.

But nope, because they announced the lack of a DRM, their presentation is suddenly the best ever. It's so sad we're seeing people getting sooo excited about it, to the point they forget about the other anti-consumer policy they're bringing in, a paywall for online. (Microsoft had it before, sure, and there's no defending it, or this.)

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV was pretty much all they needed to win, that was pretty much their "if anything goes wrong, we'll still win" button; nothing could have lessened such an announcement. Then, of course, there was Destiny, to appeal to the non-KH/FF crowds, as well as Beyond Two Souls, Second Son, Annual Ass Creed, Tearaway, ESO (if I recall) and...well...the Xbone's expense. They were pretty much guaranteed fanfare, they showed pretty much everything most crowds of gamers would have wanted.

Nuke
June 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
It's harsh to say Nintendo did the weakest as they don't have a new console on the way so they don't have a similar aim to Microsoft and Sony.

That said I'm not really defending Nintendo, the Wii U deserves to do terrible because of its technological inferiority and poor marketing, I really have no idea what they were thinking with the Wii U really unless they thought that the 360 and PS3 wouldn't be replaced for a few years. The 3DS has a lot of good things ahead now though.

Spinosaurus
June 11th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Destiny were not announced as exclusives and thus most likely aren't. I'm looking for exclusives here when it comes the big three.

Other than that, it's stuff we already saw, plus The Order which is eh imo.

machomuu
June 11th, 2013, 08:41 AM
That said I'm not really defending Nintendo, the Wii U deserves to do terrible because of its technological inferiority and poor marketing, I really have no idea what they were thinking with the Wii U really unless they thought that the 360 and PS3 wouldn't be replaced for a few years. The 3DS has a lot of good things ahead now though.

Is that really fair? The 3DS, DS, and Wii were (and are) all inferior to their competition by quite a bit, but they did so well that they all practically left their competition in the dust. The Wii U's problem is the exact same problem that plagued the Gamecube: low 3rd party support (though, ironically, Gamecube was the strongest system of its generation, iirc). It doesn't have a library and it has no foreseeable library. I don't think it deserves to do badly because it's weaker, that wouldn't be fair, but I think that they'll need to make some quick and drastic moves/changes if things don't turn around soon for the Wii U.

Miss Doronjo
June 11th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I did like Nintendo's presentation, but at the same time, I just expected more from Nintendo. I mean, sure, there were a list of video games that they've announced to fit in their Wii U console, but then again, someone might ask, why should I buy the Wii U? Granted, games like the new DKC and the new Wind Waker remake looks good, but, I just have this sensation that Nintendo isn't telling us everything. Like... from a perspective, sure these games are great, but, what sets them apart from the other ports on the 3DS, or other games from that matter?

Just a thought.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 11th, 2013, 08:43 AM
So you think they were better for their presentation than what they actually presented?
Well the game looked interesting, such that I actually wish I could play some of them, though not enough to buy an Xbox One.

I found it odd that KH 3 wasn't announced as an exclusive as thus far it's only been exclusive to one platform for every game. However if that's true it'll be nice for those who own a different console as that's one of it's biggest criticisms, to play the series one must have a thousand consoles, and from different publishers too.

Also Nintendo itself didn't introduce much new stuff either...
This is a strange position for me as Nintendo is my favorite of the three...however I won't be blind to admit their lost.

machomuu
June 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Destiny were not announced as exclusives and thus most likely aren't. I'm looking for exclusives here when it comes the big three.

Other than that, it's stuff we already saw, plus The Order which is eh imo.
It's more about when it happened rather than the status of the product to the masses, and its all about the approval ratings to the company (which will definitely come back to aid Sony (and SE) in the future). It's because it happened at Sony's that people are so ecstatic, and that's what Sony wanted. It certainly worked out for them.

Though Kingdom Hearts will probably be exclusive. None of the KH titles have ever been on a non-Sony home console (though they're fair game with the portables). Final Fantasy will also probably be Sony exclusive, since the only FF to date (not counting remakes or the Nintendo days of yore) to ever go multiplat was the XIII trilogy, with XIV being PC/PS3.

Nuke
June 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Is that really fair? The 3DS, DS, and Wii were (and are) all inferior to their competition by quite a bit, but they did so well that they all practically left their competition in the dust. The Wii U's problem is the exact same problem that plagued the Gamecube: low 3rd party support (though, ironically, Gamecube was the strongest system of its generation, iirc). It doesn't have a library and it has no foreseeable library. I don't think it deserves to do badly because it's weaker, that wouldn't be fair, but I think that they'll need to make some quick and drastic moves/changes if things don't turn around soon for the Wii U.

It depends on your perspective really, but from my eyes Nintendo decided 'oh lets make this giant controller to fight the tablets' instead of actually fighting the other home consoles by making the Wii U's specs competitive for next gen, instead they seem more matched to competition with the 360 and the PS3. Therefore you could argue the lack of 3rd party support is justified as developers don't want to waste time on less powerful console. Their game will also be probably be less successful on Wii U due to the larger casual audience.

By putting the Wii U out there so early they basically have restricted themselves to using Mario alone to sell consoles. I suppose for many on here the Wii U is their perfect console, but for a wide amount of the gaming audience it's pretty poor.

Miss Doronjo
June 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Just so you know, KH3 was confirmed to be non exclusive. So, I dunno, maybe it'll be a working title on the Wii U or Xbox One.

ソラ
June 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah, FF15, and KH3 is going on PS4, and Xbox One. I mean good for fans on both sides of the systems. I'm getting PS4 version for sure. :). I'm happy Ps4 is region free, so I will import KH3!! :3

machomuu
June 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
It depends on your perspective really, but from my eyes Nintendo decided 'oh lets make this giant controller to fight the tablets' instead of actually fighting the other home consoles by making the Wii U's specs competitive for next gen, instead they seem more matched to competition with the 360 and the PS3. Therefore you could argue the lack of 3rd party support is justified as developers don't want to waste time on less powerful console. Their game will also be probably be less successful on Wii U due to the larger casual audience.

By putting the Wii U out there so early they basically have restricted themselves to using Mario alone to sell consoles. I suppose for many on here the Wii U is their perfect console, but for a wide amount of the gaming audience it's pretty poor.
I blame the overly ambitious innovation. Unlike the touch screen or motion control, this console hinges on something that most devs don't want to work with and don't even see catching on. Honestly, I wish that they had gone more traditional, 'cause heck, the tablet even scares me away. The only thing that really attracts me to the Wii U is X which, funnily enough, probably won't hinge on the tablet.

But I think this is the kick in the pants that Nintendo needs for 9th gen. They will change their game, they have to. I can't see things doing a 180 any time soon, if at all, and I actually think it to be better for them to do badly with this one because they do have the potential for high sales and popularity, as past generations have shown.

Nuke
June 11th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I blame the overly ambitious innovation. Unlike the touch screen or motion control, this console hinges on something that most devs don't want to work with and don't even see catching on. Honestly, I wish that they had gone more traditional, 'cause heck, the tablet even scares me away. The only thing that really attracts me to the Wii U is X which, funnily enough, probably won't hinge on the tablet.

But I think this is the kick in the pants that Nintendo needs for 9th gen. They will change their game, they have to. I can't see things doing a 180 any time soon, if at all, and I actually think it to be better for them to do badly with this one because they do have the potential for high sales and popularity, as past generations have shown.

I completely agree, nothing would please me more than to see Nintendo bring out a real challenger when we get to the next round of consoles. Also if they do go down the same route again with their Wii U follow up I really hope they drop the 'Wii' from the title. For a lot of people who are perhaps less educated in the gaming world, it seems as if the Wii U is like an edition of the Wii rather than a whole new console in its own right. The lack of marketing for the console hasn't really helped Nintendo's cause with that issue either.

Also I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but did anyone catch the Destiny trailer? I'm pretty disappointed in Bungie, they really seem to have followed the Halo route all over again. Would it have killed them to have come up with a new concept?

Edit: Omg just realised a new SW Battlefront was announced, oh life is good again.

Morkula
June 11th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I don't see how people say Sony was weak in terms of games. The whole conference was two hours of rapid-fire game trailers, announcements, and demos. We had trailers leading into trailers, with hardly any pause in-between. Microsoft showed a lot of games, yeah, but I honestly think Sony showed more, and Sony definitely had more variety. Not only that, but for those concerned with graphics, PS4 games look a hell of a lot better than the Xbone footage we saw.

And Nintendo was seriously disappointing. Two HD 3DS rehashes (so much for a proper 3D Mario) and Retro's big new project is...another Donkey Kong Country. Wii U is going to have another weak holiday without a real system-seller (a ten-year-old game port and another practically-2D Mario are not system sellers) and I don't really see how Nintendo is going to turn things around, especially if they insist on staying at $349.

BraveNewWorld
June 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Nintendo Direct was so disappointing to me.

Mario 3D Land was a great game on the 3DS. Bringing its sequel, and keeping 3D in the title, to the Wii U is just dumb. Where's the sprawling open world for Mario to run around in?

Where's Retro's big game? The big secret is certainly not Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

The only three games I'm interested in are Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and DKC. My Wii U purchase still hasn't been justified...

Sansa Stark
June 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I'm still kinda disappointed with the Wii U. I mean, I'm obviously getting Smash Bros. and Zelda Wind Waker Wii U, but other than that..?

I think I'm actually going to pick up a PS4. It looks so awesome. ;-;

SnowpointQuincy
June 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Nintendo Blew me Away. Obviously exited about Pokemon. New 3D Mario!!! There were a number of games that looked original and different.

Nintendo knows that games are about "fun". Nintendo looks like it has plenty of fun games.

Now, I only play 3DS, but WiiU looks like a great system. (with a weird remote.)
Seriously, just have a regular controller...

Echidna
June 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Before I go forward with what I am about to say, I would like to point out that over the years I have learned one thing, if anything: Never doubt Nintendo. That is to say, before you actually try something Nintendo offers, do not judge it. At all. I held out for 61/2 years before buying a Wii because when I first saw its controller I fainted. I must admit, I thought it was the dumbest thing Nintendo had ever done. It was not the dumbest thing Nintendo had ever done. That is to say, it was genius. And so I will hold all final judgement until I actually try these games, and try them I will. For now though, I will provide some very detailed preliminary input on the games revealed in today's Nintendo Direct. Mind you, I have a lot to say and I will not hold back. Watch out for a wall of text.

Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS looks AWESOME!!!11!1 SPECTACULAR!!!111!
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze looks AWESOME!!!11!1 SPECTACULAR!!!111!
Mario Kart 8 looks AWESOME!!!11!1 SPECTACULAR!!!111!

Super Mario 3D World looks, well, ok let's talk about this a little. If you've been extensively scouring the web ever since this morning's broadcast, which is admittedly what I've been doing all day, you've probably heard this a lot. Super Mario 3D World was not what I was expecting from Nintendo. Not by a long shot. To sum up by feelings towards this announcement:

There are two ways this can go:
A) Nintendo can opt to replace our classic 3D mario 64/sunshine/galaxy-esque games with, well, this crap. In which case I will opt to stock up on copies of 64/sunshine/galaxy and play them endlessly while ignoring all this 3D Land/World nonsense.

Or B) they can opt to consider this series separate and, in the near future, create a new 64/sunshine/galaxy-esque game, in which case Super Mario 3D World seems very creative and I say: "Go Nintendo".

Your move Nintendo, your move.

Also, just so people don't come out and tell me that I'm contradicting myself, allow me to point out that I am not judging this particular game, I'm judging Nintendo's decision to replace what we love in 3D Mario, with this.

Zet
June 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM

EDIT: Let's not forget how the PS3 had a better showing than the Vita.
Microsoft's conference was like only 5% exclusives while everything else also being on the PS3/360/PS4/PC.

KingCharizard
June 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
i gotta admit, the ps4 got my vote for the next console im getting bye bye microsoft..

also M$ was pretty butthurt when sony announced they fully support n will continue with used games as we do now, also offered a cheaper console with just as much power but thats what M$ gets for trying to corner the market and get more money out of users

Rest
June 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
With E3 wrapping up, I think it's safe to say I'm getting a PS4 without the Plus service (not at launch, but some time after I see the later releases, and I rarely go online) and a second-hand 3DS. Something something Raylan Givens quote something.

Boomburst
June 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
While I have no plans to buy a PS4, the system impressed me a lot this E3. Quite a lot of new, interesting titles were announced for it such as FFXV and KH3 (both of which are also Xbox One titles) as well as more information for titles such as Knack and Infamous Second Sun.

Nintendo's showing was good, yet disappointingly predictable. Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros looks fantastic as well as X and Donkey Kong Country. Super Mario 3D World looks a lot like 3D Land, which I didn't enjoy so I may skip that one.
Don't regret buying a Wii U after E3 Nintendo Direct.

As for Microsoft, I like to pretend they aren't here.

Sony won E3, with Nintendo being a very close second.

AdrianD
June 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know how much tickets are? I think I found another reason to go to LA

fenyx4
June 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
It's been hard for me to keep up with E3 2013 (mainly due to lack of much Internet access at the moment), but the news that I've received so far is very exciting (and there's still E3 news that I won't be able to look at for a while...)! Nintendo flat-out won E3 2013 for me with the mere arrival of so much Super Smash Bros. 4 content, let alone new Pokemon X and Y tidbits! ^^

I had to find out the first SSB4 E3 2013-related news through Twitter...(and while I've seen one of the SSB4 Developer Direct videos (it featured Masahiro Sakurai), I'm still yet to see the actual trailer)...MEGAMAN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!. So glad to see an amazing fan request like that come true, and now I'm only more excited for future veterans, newcomers, and third-party characters... The Never Trust A Trailer (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverTrustATrailer) trope is in full effect here (at least for me); but once SSB4 receives an official release, playing as Megaman in the actual Smash series (as opposed to Super Smash Flash 2) will most likely be glorious. It's neat to see other veterans returning as well (thank God that Link keeps the Bow, Bomb, and Spin Attack moves so far; still waiting for Boomerang/Gale Boomerang).

Villager of Animal Crossing was quite a surprise (I first saw his name in a tweet and initially misread it as Villagers, which made me think that there was a group of Assist Trophies or something that attacked); can't wait to hear the SSB4 announcer stating his name in epic fashion. On another note, I really hope Title Scream (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TitleScream) returns for SSB4; the series just isn't the same without it.

The inclusion of the Wii Fit Trainer (WTF?) was definitely a surprise (the biggest case of Unexpected Character (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnexpectedCharacter) in the SSB series for me; I'm surprised she was announced so early)...her moveset seems like it'll have some potential... I feel sorry for whichever highly-requested character(s) don't make the roster due to her. XD

I noticed that Pit received a new move; hopefully his Super Smash Bros. Brawl is enhanced rather than worsened...all seems good so far (and I'm hoping that his forward smash attack receives a little more range this go-round). The stages I've seen look excellent (although I'm really hoping that a lot of classic stages return from past SSB installments); I'm loving the redesign of the Battlefield stage, and I'm ecstatic that we'll finally get to fight on a Zelda-inspired Spirit Tracks train, within Gerudo Valley, and inside a boxing ring! Graphics also look gorgeous so far, especially the Wii U version.

Not a fan of the current titles of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS; I'm hoping those are just placeholders...hopefully better implementations of Super Title 64 Advance (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperTitle64Advance) or other subtitles occur, such as Super Smash Bros. Revolution (Wii U/3DS), Super Smash Bros. (4:) Universe (Wii U) and Super Smash Bros. (4:) Dimensions (3DS), or Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale (Wii U/3DS). If all else fails, plain old Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U/3DS) works just fine (although it kind of emphasizes the games' sequel aspect a little too much and peculiarly uses a number rather than a word).

------

From what I've heard, PlayStation 4 fared better than XBox One XBox 720/XBox 3 (sorry, but the name "XBox One" annoys me a lot); although Wii U personally surpassed the other 2 consoles, PS4 is also intriguing me much more than Microsoft's forthcoming system...I'm glad Sony learned a lesson in price reduction at least! XD (I heard that Sony's PS4 is $100 cheaper, and that Sony made that announcement right after Microsoft announced the XBox 3's price tag...)

Super-excited that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy Versus 13 Final Fantasy 15 (the latter being a prime example of almost-Vaporware and a worthy memetic successor to the legacy spawned by Duke Nukem Forever) were finally announced (at the same E3 convention, no less!) It's a bit weird that Final Fantasy XV is still a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection despite the unexpected/interesting name change (skipping over the online-based FF14 just like that), but whatever... Now all we need are tangible release dates...

I am quite irritated that KH3 and FF15 were only announced for PlayStation 4 and XBox 3...I know that the Nintendo Wii wasn't graphically stellar for some people (which shouldn't even count for much regarding games, but again, whatever) and may have had underpowered hardware compared to its rivals of the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360, but I would think that the Wii U at least deserves a chance to receive these two long-awaited titles... This "2 out of 3 platforms" thing has got to stop...either make a game for one system (i.e., Nintendo Wii U), a pair of system from the same company (i.e., Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, something in the vein of SSB4), or go all multiplatform (either all of the currently-marketed home console systems - Wii U, PS4, XBox 3; all of the currently-marketed handheld console systems - 3DS, PlayStation Vita; or both of the aforementioned sets combined).
I guess the developers have their reasons though...one 'reason' I recall is that the Wii U's GamePad controller is 'too hard to work with'...which, IMO, seems lazy...you *could* just put more data (i.e., stats, maps, attacks available) on the controller's screen so that the TV screen isn't cluttered with little symbols and such...not to mention that Nintendo's Wii U works with the Wii's Classic Controller and has its own "traditional" controller, both of which are suited for conventional gameplay control layouts that the PS4 and XBox One still adhere to. Aside from the screen, the Wii U's controller(s) really doesn't look more difficult to 'work with' compared to other companies' controllers. In any case, I'll still hold out hope that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 receive Wii U releases at some point, similar to what happened with Ninja Gaiden 3/Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and the Wii U (although PS3 and XBox 360 eventually got that title as well...le sigh).

E3 2013 definitely seems like a success for me, as it got me excited for a slew of games, and I await to see what the next months/years hold in store for Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft! I hope Nintendo returns to doing actual keynote presentations at future E3 conventions, though...

P.S. If you happened to read all of this, thank you so much! ^_^

Bartolomeo
June 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I couldn't watch it live earlier due to non-availability of internet connection on my PC. But I read some posts about FFXV's and KH3's unveiling on some forums using my mobile. People were going crazy over the former's trailer. I, personally, didn't like it that much. It didn't make me go "WOW" like Infamous Second Son (that's what its name was, I think?) and MGSV's trailer did. I still have yet to see all the trailers but MGSV's trailer, imo, was the best out of whatever I saw.

As for the console war...yeah, PS4 got this. Dunno what MS is thinking.

ProfGrove
June 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I'm mainly an Xbox gamer, but I recently got a 3DS XL because after seeing Pokemon X/Y the urge to play Pokemon again (after 10 years) was so great that I broke down and picked up cards, games, etc. to get ready for it. I'm also planning on getting a PS Vita sometime to get their games as well, primarily LittleBigPlanet 2. I'm sticking with the Xbox One for my main console next generation, but will have the PS Vita and 3DS alongside it for a number of exclusives.

CarcharOdin
June 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I missed most of it, but from what I'm hearing, Nintendo was the highlight. I'm going down the Wikipedia list of things shown right now. Here's my thoughts on most of them:

- Call of Duty: Ghosts (*snore*)
- Dragon's Crown (would get it if I had a PS Vita or PS3)
- Dead Rising 3 (only on Xbox One...screw you, Capcom)
- Duck Tales: Remastered (AWESOME)
- Plants VS Zombies 2 (AWESOME)
- Everything Microsoft showed (sucks ass because it's either on Xbox One or because I'm not interested)

- The Elder Scrolls Online (if I have to pay, not interested. Otherwise, maybe. Make an Elsweyr game, Bethesda. And give Fallout back to Interplay now that Black Isle is up an running again)

- Dark Souls II (AWESOME)
- Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (AWESOME)
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (AWESOME)
- Pokemon X & Y (AWESOME)
- Super Smash Bros. 4 (Please be faster and more fun than Brawl)
- Kingdom Hearts III (this would be nice if I actually still cared about KH)
- Assassin's Creed IV (I'm done with this series...really)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (please be better than Conviction)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (Obsidian, I AM BEGGING YOU....DON'T. F***. THIS. UP)

Other than that, the only other info I got in E3 was this guy's take on it. Prepare for expletives:

4sLpG6_36Cc