PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Released at Midnight June 8/9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the newest title in the Animal Crossing series and a Nintendo 3DS exclusive.

I just picked up my copy at midnight (only to remember there is very little to do late night in Animal Crossing) The Graphics are darn pretty, and I'm in love with some of the new features (the fortune cookie and the Re-tail shop specificity)

My towns name is Kaze

My fruit is Peaches, I've acquired Cherries

I have 5 current towns folk with 1 new character already moving in.

Buck the Horse
Anchovy the Bird
Annalissa the Anteater
Tangy the Cat
Pancetti the Pig

I've already paid the down payment on my house and will be getting it tomorrow! Red Roof! I've also gained the shovel and the Net, and I'm just waiting for the fishing rod. (I've always loved the Aquarium)

Feel free to post any pictures you take, designs you make, and if you want to meet up with anyone on the forum for a romp let us know! I would love to see all your lovely towns :)

waveguidebuizel
June 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Just picked up my copy today. I'm in pretty much the same position as you, in regards to the spoiler tag. So excited for tomorrow! ^-^

Let's see... my town is called Paradise. My native fruit is apples, but I should be getting cherries somewhat soon. The villagers I have now are:

Alfonso (alligator)
Gigi (frog)
Curt (bear)
Victoria (horse)
Hamlet (hamster)

Also, I'm jealous that you got Tangy. :P

jamesmikehj
June 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM
i had mine since midnight on release i time jump so i can get to island have 5-6 of the fruits and alway have a fish rod it shop i buyed off whole frist floor and am working on second i keep 4 shark of the game as my pets and i happy to help you guys

Mochi
June 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I have it! I'm playing it right now!

I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan but I love this game so much. I just paid off the 38,900 loan and I've still got about 50,000 leftover. Going to unlock the island tonight so I can visit it tomorrow!

jamesmikehj
June 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM
you welcome on my island lighting

simplysam
June 11th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I just bought my copy today! Well, just like, two hours ago. Not much to do at night, really. xD This is my first Animal Crossing game, so this is all brand new to me. O: It's cool to see that each game is a bit different, like how people start out with different fruits and characters. And the characters are so cute! I'm loving this game so far, even if there's not much to do right now. It just makes me more excited to explore some more things tomorrow! ^^

Gyardosamped
June 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I received the game this afternoon and have been playing it ever since. My fruit is pears, but I should have peaches soon. :p

This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I'm quite new to how everything works but I'm learning it all pretty quickly. All of the characters are super adorable, and it's just a really relaxing game to play.

As for what you wrote in your spoiler, I just got done doing that, and for now I'm just trying to build up the amount of Bells I have by fishing and collecting seashells. I just received a net as well, so we'll see how bug-catching goes. I've also been donating a lot of stuff to the museum too.

I can't wait to explore more of what the game has to offer!

Autaven
June 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
It's out here in the UK tomorrow so I'll be picking up my copy :) Very excited! I'm a complete newbie, never played it before but thought with the new 3DS game I'd jump right in. Look forward to learning lots.

TheBigMan0706
June 13th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I might get it soon, although i haven't played the other games

Tetrakeet
June 13th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I've been debating on whether to get this or not and I'm still trying to see the draw to it. I have played the Gamecube, DS, and Wii versions, but I honestly could not get into the games. There must be something wrong with me, everyone says the game is great fun and very addicting! >_< Is the 3DS version a big step up from the old ones? Maybe it could be more fun if I played with people on here instead of alone? ^ ^;

Mr Cat Dog
June 14th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I've previously played the original GameCube one and, while I liked it well enough, I didn't really delve deep enough into it to truly experience the joys that everyone else did from it. Partially because I liked to binge my way through games back then and, if anything, Animal Crossing is NOT a binge-game. But I'm really considering getting New Leaf. Partially because I have less time to play it so would need to do so a little bit every day, but mainly because it's received such good write-ups from everyone involved that I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. If I do get it, I'll be sure to share my town with the peeps here! :D

TreeKangaroo
June 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I really want it. ;_; Pokemon X or Y or this will probably be the only 3DS games I'll play. And finally, a villager with my name! Well it's Japanese but whatever, and the character looks really cute. In case you were wondering, my name is Natalie.

Autaven
June 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Got my copy yesterday! I only managed to play for about 20 minutes as I had to sleep for work today but I'm very excited to go home and get into it. I dont really have a clue what I'm doing just now but once I do if anyone wants to exchange FCs that'd be great :)

The Doctor
June 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Downloaded it straight at midnight on release yesterday. My towns fruit is Apples with some Oranges growing.

I'm refusing to time jump at all in this game, I want to do it properly.
The only time I time jumped was when I got it since I didn't want to wait till morning till everything was morning, then I changed it back when I went to sleep.

I'd love to visit other people's towns if anybody wants to share friend codes.

Mr Cat Dog
June 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I've created my very own Pawnee with Wendy and Baabara and Sheldon and Lucy and Butch and Zell is moving in and I'm already so excited and haven't even been to the island as of yet and aaaaaaaah. Even things like watering the plants is surprisingly addictive. Already planning on what to do with my first extension! :D

Miss Doronjo
June 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM
So far, I think the majority of the Bells I got came mostly from selling insects. Well, granted, I've only just started today, so, I didn't caught a lot of rare insects (or much at all for that matter) but here they are:

Darner dragonfly x3 - worth 200 Bells each
Mantis - worth 430 Bells
Raja B. butterfly - worth 2,500 Bells
Agrias butterfly x2 - worth 3,000 Bells
Tiger butterfly x2 - worth 160 Bells

They helped me pay my down payment. ^^ The rest went to the museum.

TreeKangaroo
June 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM
New fish are in the game? Then that means...MORE RAGING ON SEA BASSES! You can catch oarfish now? Those things are HUGE!

Morkula
June 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I picked the game up on Thursday. I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan...I get bored of the games fast and find them really mundane and repetitive. I'm actually enjoying what I've played so far though. I won the Bug-Off today by a wide margin and I'm looking forward to getting more into the mayoral stuff since I just reached 100% approval rating today and hopefully get my development permit tomorrow. I should have my house expansion soon too since my loan is close to being paid off.

Brendino
June 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I hadn't played any of the other games in the Animal Crossing series before, but I had an EB Games gift card, so figured I might as well give it a chance after hearing how popular it was.

I'm still sort of figuring things out, but I've been having fun with it so far. Other than all the introductory stuff, I've mostly been catching bugs and collecting shells to earn some more Bells, and just managed to put the down payment on my house down. Hopefully I can do a little bit more once my house gets built tomorrow, and then hopefully pick up the fishing rod.

Oryx
June 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I might get it soon, although i haven't played the other games

AC is definitely not the kind of game where you need to worry about that. :P

I got screwed a bit today because I was out and about until like 11 at night so I didn't get to do the Bug-Off and didn't get to actually buy anything/go to any stores other than the recycling store. So I haven't been able to buy a watering can yet, and I think that's why my approval rating is hovering around 90% right now. :( Hopefully tomorrow I can bump it up!

My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!

Antemortem
June 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM
My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!

God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.

U.Flame
June 15th, 2013, 10:32 PM
God I love this game! Everything I expected in a new Animal Crossing, everything City Folk lacked, and more! Especially the new clothing options. I just can't look at past Animal Crossing games the same again, not just pants and shoes, but crossdressing too! I just want to rant all day about my blown mind, but meh, who'd listen?

I spent a good ten minutes deciding the town name, what to reference, what fits...Equestria was my second-best (and now that I look back, probably my best) choice, but I decided to go with a Tales reference and named it Aselia, the name of the Tales of Symphonia and Phantasia world. (Just couldn't come up with anything original :p)

I've been playing non-stop and am about to reach the first week since the town's creation, so I'll soon be able to upgrade the shop, wake up Cyrus, and actually do stuff! So far, I've expanded and paid off my home loan on a daily basis and plan to finish without missing a day! The island just makes it so easy to earn bells.

What else...eh, I think I'll conclude my rant here. Just, my God this game is perfect!

Tyrantrum
June 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I bought Wild World back in December, because I wanted to try and give the Animal Crossing games a try - I had always thought the games looked kind of boring. And, of course, it kind of was. I decided to try New Leaf, though, because of all the hype. So, I traded in Wild World and got ten dollars off New Leaf and started playing, and I really love it! This game is adorable and I can't get enough of it (even when I can't find much else to do at the moment, haha).

Oryx
June 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.

Trees don't need watering this game! Mine are getting there, but I think I need a few more days for them to be fully grown. @-@

I'm having the same problem with picking it up late at night though. At least there's an ordinance that you can pass once you get all set up that makes people stay up later, the stores stay open later, etc. I'm really impatient for tomorrow in my game because that ordinance will go into effect, my public work of a yellow bench will be built, and my house will be expanded!

How is everyone decorating their houses? Any pictures of them? I always have tons of trouble deciding how to decorate my house in this game. @-@ Gulliver gave me a Statue of Liberty on the first day I played so I want to use that because I feel like that kind of thing is rare, right? But I have no idea how to build a house around it. XD

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 16th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I currently have Peaches, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone still needs any more of the fruits (feel free to send me a PM with your Friend Code, mine is public so feel free to just snatch it out of my profile ^_^)

Also to anyone looking for the watering can, it can be obtained without shopping for it

I'll give ya'll spoilered instructions below.

Ok, so to get the watering can, you have to keep talking to the Poodle at the Town Hall (sadly can't remember her name), always asking her whatever the top option is (it goes away after you obtain the watering can), and continue to follow her suggestions until you obtain both rewards (A random fruit that isn't your starter, and the watering can.)

Also there is now a flower shop in my game, I have no idea if that relates to me having the watering can or not so...yeah.)

I totally missed the Bug Off, but at least now I have an ordiance where people stay up later so I don't have to wake up early just to play my game (My work schedule lovingly loves to keep me away from this game. >_>)

What are some of the Public Works Projects you started? I'm building a campsite, while several other of my friends are working on Fountains or more bridges.

Oryx
June 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
First thing I did was build a bench right on the edge of the cliff overlooking the ocean! I was a little annoyed that I couldn't rotate it because there was a great spot where it would have fit vertically but looked weird horizontally. I started/paid off the campsite today, so it'll be up tomorrow, then I'll probably get a bridge because having one bridge is a bit of a pain x.x;

You got the Garden Center cause you watered flowers or pulled weeds or planted trees/flowers at least 30 times. So it's probably related, but not directly related. :P I just got peaches today, so now I'm up to...what, 5 fruits? I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings. :(

Unknown#
June 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
As someone who has owned and played every Animal Crossing game since the original one on the Gamecube, I can definitely say that New Leaf is the best in the series.

As for my town, its called Hell (not after the fiery place, but instead after the Caribbean island of Hell, strange, I know) and as for my fruits, my main fruit is peaches, though I do have a few cherry trees (though none of them have produced anything yet).

I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings. :(
I have the same problem. Tons of fish, tons of bugs, tons of fossils, but no paintings.

Also, if anyone wants to exchange friend codes, just pm me.

simplysam
June 17th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I have no paintings as well for my museum. Dx Redd is in town today though, so I have to look up a guide that shows me how to tell which paintings are real and which are fake. xD I got my Garden Shop today, though the axe wasn't in stock today.I'm so eager to chop down some of those trees. xD

Also if anyone wants my FC, PM me. :3 I have cherries, and I'm growing coconuts, lychees, bananas, and apples.

Miss Doronjo
June 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to fish for Red Snappers, but look; this is my luck in a nutshell:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5a7fda8c3237e41f325463d93bc43866/tumblr_moco0awWQV1qfv29bo1_500.jpg

Ugh. Hopefully I'll make 220K by the end of the day, but... it's not easy. XD

Oryx
June 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm having an issue rn where I'm trying to fish for moray eels, which are the same size shadow as sea bass. This means I'm getting inventories full of sea bass with no other money-making fish mixed in there, and I still haven't found my eel. :( I did get up to like 45 fish in my encyclopedia today though!

vaporeon7
June 18th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I've had the game for 3 days and I've already got 25 hours of play time. I don't have any paintings either, I guess I just have to wait. PM me if you want to exchange friend codes~

Autaven
June 18th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hey guys, if anyone wants to exchange FC's today I'll be around :) Only have cherries so far, and please don't trample my flowers as I don't have paths yet T.T

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 18th, 2013, 03:08 AM
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0

I've just tried transplanting some fruit from the islands over onto the mainland to see how/if they grow.

I still need Pears, gave my axe away to a friend who continually was getting unlucky with his shop so my orchard of sorts is getting very crowded very fast.

Also I'm horrible at catching the bugs on the trees. I almost always never see them.

Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.

TreeKangaroo
June 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
IS RESETTI BACK? He's a classic. I hate him, but it couldn't be animal crossing without Resetti.

Unknown#
June 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
IS RESETTI BACK? He's a classic. I hate him, but it couldn't be animal crossing without Resetti.
I reset a few times to see if he was in, and apparently he only shows up the first time you reset unless you have the Reset Surveillance Center built.

TreeKangaroo
June 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you! I shall have that built to see an entertaining, annoying speech.

Gyardosamped
June 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0

I will be given access to the island tomorrow. :] I'm kinda excited because I heard there's tons of new things on it that you aren't able to get in your own town. How are you liking it so far? Also, I haven't gotten any paintings yet. I guess that'll come soon enough.

Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.

My character was tripping constantly yesterday. I heard that it was because Katrina (the fortune teller) declared your fortune 'unlucky', therefore causing you to trip continually for a day. Luckily it's only for a day. Supposedly, if you want to stop tripping, you're going to need to locate her in a town where she's in, whether it be yours or someone else's, and obtain the item she tells you to acquire in order to cure the bad luck.

Snowdrop
June 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
My town's name is Westwind and my name is Tanzania. I've got Bianca the snow leopard, Pierce the eagle, Tipper the cow, Ribbot the frog-droid, Hans the gay gorilla, Filbert the lazy squirrel, and Sally the squirrel, I think. I've had it since it was released on the 9th and I've logged about 80 hours or more, I think. Hey, if you want to add me as a friend message me! My 3DS friend code is in my lookup thingy. I REALLY want a Midna's mask, so I'll pay or trade for it.

Overall, the game is slightly disappointing in new content but still incredibly fun and addictive. The multiplayer/online feature is a great touch, I've learned some spotty Japanese! It's a fantastic game, just wish it could be a bit different. Soooo many things are the same...

Mr Cat Dog
June 19th, 2013, 01:39 AM
I got a Mona Lisa yesterday, so that was fun! Although is there any other way to get paintings other than at Redd's gallery?

And yeah, as above, PM for friend codes and whatnot. I'd love to check out everyone's towns so far. My fruit is cherries, FYI. :D

waveguidebuizel
June 19th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah, sometimes, villagers would sell art. I'm not sure if it guarantees authenticity or not, but it was a bit more expensive than usual (I think it was 20% more?). In my case, Blathers accepted it into the museum. ^-^

Tetrakeet
June 19th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Does anyone know how to catch the balloon that has a gift attached to it? I watched it slowly float from my gasp for 3 minutes. :(

In my opinion this is the best of the series. I played all of the other ACs and they seemed so dull in comparison. I don't know why, but this version is so much more immersive.

TreeKangaroo
June 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
You need a slingshot for those balloons.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM
You can also sometimes get lucky and if it's on the beach and it hasn't risen to the mainland yet you can wait at the edge of the cliff and knock it down with your Bugnet! :)

Miss Doronjo
June 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Building the Reset Resotto for my first project. Well, it was the first one on the list, so, why not. n__n

Only about 110k of Bells left to go for my next loan. :)

Classical Insect
June 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
:D! I just got this game yesterday! My fruit is apples but I just planted some pears/durians/coconuts so in three days I should have those too. I have to wait for someone to move in before I can do anything mayor-related.

yeah so like everyone else PM/VM for FC.

bobandbill
June 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Got this game a few days back. It's my first time playing AC before, although I've seen someone else play it. I've managed to hit the 100% approval rating today, and will be able to go to the island tomorrow I think as well?

Got pears as my fruit and my second one was a perfect one. :V Also have a Luigi shirt and a fancy moustache to match, along with a pot of pikmin from the fortune cookies.

Sheep
June 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Can't believe I haven't posted here yet ahh

I am absolutely hooked on this game. There's so much to do. :D I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures but am still searching for that Char; it spawns around waterfalls so it's pretty tedious to find. Been on an expansion spree as well but lately I've been focusing more on public works projects.. just built a bridge aya!

jov0006
June 22nd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Can't believe I haven't posted here yet ahh

I am absolutely hooked on this game. There's so much to do. :D I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures but am still searching for that Char; it spawns around waterfalls so it's pretty tedious to find. Been on an expansion spree as well but lately I've been focusing more on public works projects.. just built a bridge aya!

Same here! As for the Char, I found it by luck when I thought it would be cool to say "Hey look at me! I'm fishing at a top of a cliff!" And now I've caught nearly every fish :3

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 23rd, 2013, 01:52 AM
I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures

0_0 I really need to stop flying blind while playing this game, had no idea there was month specific creatures ^_^

I finally finished my first public works project, a campsite! People...camp....in...I don't know what I was expecting honestly, but I'm moving on to bigger and better things (a bridge to be precise), after that I'm moving on to a Dream Center. I have no idea what it is, but I'm excited.

I also managed to have Shrunk show up trying to get his club started, It didn't help that the response "Permission Denied" amused me so much I decided it was to my advantage to use it on him... I also got a shoe shop...because...idk why I'm sure somebody does.

Autaven
June 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
This is the first game I've actually considered getting a guide for - there is just so much stuff involved and that I don't know about. I really don't want to be missing anything!

I'm really loving it - a bit obsessed actually. Finally got to the Island so making a bit of money for projects is great :)

siiadams
June 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Character Name : Shawn
Town Name : Foothill

Neighbors : Tangy (cat), Snake (rabbit), Camofrog (frog, duh...lol), Miranda (duck), Poppy (squirrel), Lionel (lion), Deli (monkey), Paula (bear), Kyle (wolf)

Fruit : pear (native), apples, peaches, lychee, coconuts, lemons, pineapple-looking ones (forgot the name), mangos

If anyone wants to come visit my town, PM me.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Autaven
June 24th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Anyone getting any good prices for turnips today? Reese is seriously trying to rip me off haha :)

Sheep
June 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I'm never awake for turnips so.. :( Sorry about that! Hope you get some good prices somehow ahh.

And I'm still trying to get that Char. Will be pretty upset if I miss out since it'll be gone in July, ugh. Lucky is moving in tomorrow and I'm very excited for that, though!

Alli
June 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM
You'll love Lucky, Cirno. He's my favorite villager. <3 Hope he stays forever. Then again, I love all my villagers. If I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be Sparro because he's a big jock and he's really obnoxious about it, but oh well. I'm also jealous of everyone else's house. lol Mine looks like crap compared to theirs. :(

Anyway, I'm hoping to start working on a museum shop soon, and I've donated a lot to the museum, but I haven't donated any art yet. :( If anyone has any art they don't want or need, I'd be willing to pay for it!

Moist
July 2nd, 2013, 01:51 AM
My friend code is: 0602 - 6419 - 4735

Pm me if you want to add me.

My Name: Michael
Town name: Twinleaf
Fruit: Oranges
Villagers: Elvis (Lion), Cookie (Dog?), Mathilda (Kangaroo), Tia (Elephant) and Buck (Horse).

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 02:42 AM
You'll love Lucky, Cirno. He's my favorite villager. <3 Hope he stays forever. Then again, I love all my villagers. If I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be Sparro because he's a big jock and he's really obnoxious about it, but oh well. I'm also jealous of everyone else's house. lol Mine looks like crap compared to theirs. :(

Anyway, I'm hoping to start working on a museum shop soon, and I've donated a lot to the museum, but I haven't donated any art yet. :( If anyone has any art they don't want or need, I'd be willing to pay for it!

The worst is Rocket. >_>; He's so annoying and he makes me feel like my villagers hate me. :( I don't understand what it means but he always runs around telling me I'm "quite the freshman mayor." slkjdf;lasjf

I love Kyle. I have a crush on him. Every time I walk up and he's like, "Yo, Aloine, you wanna buy this HUGE UGLY PINK BATHTUB FOR 480,000 BELLS??" and I'm like "... YES KYLE WHATEVER YOU WANT BABY" and then I die.

... my life.

Mr Cat Dog
July 4th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Some of my villagers have the weirdest catchphrases for me. Sheldon the squirrel's a real gym nut and calls me 'cardio' for some reason. Although I've gotten him to change it to 'treadmill' as I find that infinitely more amusing. But Sylvia the purple kangaroo has started saying it instead!

Also, every time I explain this game to my friends they think I'm completely insane. Especially when I get to Pudge the orange cub and Sylvia the purple kangaroo.

Creame
July 5th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I started my game on July 2nd and I absolutely LOVE this game!

My name is Jojo
My Town name is Sunrose
I have cherries and apples!

If anyone feels like coming over or wants me to come over let me knooow! :)

Alli
July 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Some of my villagers have the weirdest catchphrases for me. Sheldon the squirrel's a real gym nut and calls me 'cardio' for some reason. Although I've gotten him to change it to 'treadmill' as I find that infinitely more amusing. But Sylvia the purple kangaroo has started saying it instead!

omg I have a jock bird that calls me "ladybro." :| It's really annoying. But then everyone else calls me honeybun. The first day I was there, Penelope the mouse asked if she could call me that, and I mean, it being my first day I was trying to get my approval ratings up, so I said yes. Sure enough, the entire town asked if they could call me that and I didn't have the heart to say no. v_v

Sheep
July 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hahaha I think one of my villagers used to call me ladybro, too. Nowadays they call me chica or J bear. XD;

bobandbill
July 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Three of my villagers now call me 'cool guy'. I'm okay with this.

waveguidebuizel
July 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Haha, I think everyone called me "chickpea" before. :P Now, "kiddo" is beginning to take over.

Ausaudriel
July 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
omg I have a jock bird that calls me "ladybro." :| It's really annoying. But then everyone else calls me honeybun. The first day I was there, Penelope the mouse asked if she could call me that, and I mean, it being my first day I was trying to get my approval ratings up, so I said yes. Sure enough, the entire town asked if they could call me that and I didn't have the heart to say no. v_v

hahaha one of mine does too :D It's actually my favorite nickname 8)

ナギ
July 7th, 2013, 02:41 AM
i can't believe i didn't find this thread earlier! i don't have New Leaf yet, but i'll be getting it in two weeks! AHH. i haven't even decided on my character or town name OR town layout yet... so much to figure out! i do have a few animals i definitely want as villagers at some point... but it might be hard since even if you convince them, animals might still move out.

i've also heard they made Resetti optional now because he 'caused distress to younger players'... sorry. but i found that to be absolutely hilarious.

Spinosaurus
July 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
So I finally got around to playing this properly and god damn I'm already getting addicted to the series again.

I've done so much today, already got a 100% approval rate too. Got two sharks as well, one pimping in my house.

NightOfRemorse
July 10th, 2013, 10:41 PM
omg I have a jock bird that calls me "ladybro." :| It's really annoying.

That jock bird wouldn't happen to be Jay, would it? Hahaha, he calls me that too.

Has anyone else been using the Dream Suite? I went to this really popular Japanese horror town called Aika Village. The story, atmosphere, music, everything about it is so creepy. Definitely worth the visit. This is the code if anyone's interested: 2600-0218-7298

Brendino
July 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I've tried Dream Suite a little bit, but haven't gone to the Aika Village yet, though I've heard about it.

There was also a Japanese town that I went to in the Dream Suite that had a lot of cool Pokemon textures for paths, signs and whatnot, with a code of 1200-1040-9659. I can't imagine how much time and effort some people put into their towns with all of these custom patterns, when I can barely make myself a decent looking t-shirt.

Ausaudriel
July 17th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Antemortem and I went on a date tonight. 8)

We got away from the hustle and bustle of village life and took a trip to the island. Notice our matching hats.
http://i.imgur.com/daplUYV.jpg

Back in town, we sat down in the museum and talked about astrophysics.
http://i.imgur.com/hSmYL6G.jpg

And later that night... ;]
http://i.imgur.com/sxEvlfB.jpg

Alinthea
July 17th, 2013, 01:38 AM
And later that night... ;]
http://i.imgur.com/sxEvlfB.jpg

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

This is disturbing and you should feel bad!

PixelWarrior
July 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Oh my god haha, this thread literally makes me feel so bad. I've heard so many good things about this game and want it really bad but I still haven't been able to get it. ): The graphics look crisp and the villagers look lovely and cute as ever, agh.

I seriously want to buy this. At first I was not so interested in AC due to the main plot of the game, but after reading about it I couldn't help but fall in love with it haha. n__n;

Hypocrates
July 17th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I am in love with this game and have been for the past month. ;; I still need to do a bunch of things though. I'm not even half way through everything yet.

My 3DS FC is 4554 - 0462 - 1987 is anyone wants to add me.

Toshiro.
July 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I just got my copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf yesterday in the mail! I love it! It's so entertaining. I didn't get to play much yesterday, but today I got out of the tent and into a home! Nothing fancy yet, but so far so good. I visited my friends town last night, and it was a blast. I love the connectivity in this game. I'm hooked!

I'll post my friend code once I get my town squared away (:

Spinosaurus
July 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Did anyone get the Wario hat? I've been waiting for my chance for ages, even freaked when I saw the Mario hat only to realize it's red and the W was upside down (up?). :(
Oh my god haha, this thread literally makes me feel so bad. I've heard so many good things about this game and want it really bad but I still haven't been able to get it. ): The graphics look crisp and the villagers look lovely and cute as ever, agh.

I seriously want to buy this. At first I was not so interested in AC due to the main plot of the game, but after reading about it I couldn't help but fall in love with it haha. n__n;
You know as much as I'm loving this game right now, it's best to keep your expectations in check. Especially if this is your first Animal Crossing.

It took me three weeks and complete utter boredom to finally get into the game.

waveguidebuizel
July 17th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I got a Wario Hat somewhere in my huge pile of clothing, I believe. I'm such a pack rat... >_<;

Team Fail
July 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM
So I managed to pick up a copy of the game (When I didn't want it, everyone had it, and when I did want it, nobody had it because logic.) today, and I just got all set up in a tent and whatnot. I kinda wish I got all the Best Buy DLC (I got the suitcase so far, but none of the earlier DLC), but I might be able to get it in the future. So I'm looking forward to the next part of the game, whatever it is haha.

xxkaylabby
July 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
i love animal crossing. my villagers call me k-honey.
here's me & muffy
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPf04gICQAMsy3P.jpg
message me if you wanna visit each other's towns!

Snowdrop
July 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
^ OMFG your house is beast!

Ugh... guys, I need someone who will let me use their town as storage. I have TONS of stuff I need to store so I can reset my town, so it'll take me some time to drop it off and it could take me a while to create a new town. After the town's creation I will pick it up ASAP. Anyone who'll let me use their town for storage I'll pay 200,000 bells after I gain access to the island, because I already spent 100,000 on someone else :C Respond here or PM me if it's okay...

xxkaylabby
July 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
^ OMFG your house is beast!

Ugh... guys, I need someone who will let me use their town as storage. I have TONS of stuff I need to store so I can reset my town, so it'll take me some time to drop it off and it could take me a while to create a new town. After the town's creation I will pick it up ASAP. Anyone who'll let me use their town for storage I'll pay 200,000 bells after I gain access to the island, because I already spent 100,000 on someone else :C Respond here or PM me if it's okay...

lol it's not very fancy, i gotta redo it since i got the rococco set now cataloged.

Snowdrop
July 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Okay, like, I still really need someone to let me use their town for storage D: I'm on my 3DS right now, actually, so if you want to help me just say your FC and I'll pop it in. Mine is in the upper right of my profile. Like I said, I'll pay 200k to whoever helps me once I gain access to the island.

TreeKangaroo
July 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I got it on my birthday and I caught rare fish pretty early on which is nice. My town is:
Lucy
Papi(second fave!)
Henry
Peck
Annalise
Sprinkle
Rizzo(favorite! He paid me 10,800 bells for something I found underwater)

Those jellyfish are annoying when you're swimming. They're like the scorpions and tarantulas. I stole some fruits from the island to grow hehe.

machomuu
August 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
If any of you Animal Crossing fans also have an interest in Touhou Project, my Town Theme is Marisa's Theme: Love-Colored Master Spark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6L6E7TLy10). I made it myself, but I think it's pretty accurate.

EGA-EGA-
EGAECBAG

monks1692
August 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
I like the game a lot; best one in the series.

Creame
August 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I absolutely adore this game! I am literally bringing it everywhere I go.. If anyone feels like visiting Sunrose, PM/VM me! :3

I love having visitors over and have a great time!

Water Gym Leader
August 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I got my copy 2 days ago (yes I waited, I'm lazy, ces't la vie) my fruit is apple but i am growing oranges and a lychee tree. I paid off my morgage once, am building a second bridge and am getting the island tomorrow. Anyone is free to come to my town, Aquos, and meet my mayor Arlyn...and maybe bring me some different fruit.

pokemonromhacker
August 11th, 2013, 08:26 AM
getting NL soon, i have CF and WW, also AF for the n64. Looks an AMAZING game :)

xxkaylabby
August 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
getting NL soon, i have CF and WW, also AF for the n64. Looks an AMAZING game :)

it is an amazing game ^_^

if anyone needs to catalog the rococo set or the polka dot set i have it ^_^. also have other stuff too.

lynds
August 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I got it a few days ago now.

My town is called Firwood
Native Fruit is Oranges, I have Pears, Lemons and Bananas growing :3
Still relatively new town. Oh and I have Nibbles, Goldie, Buck, Egbert, Monique, Rocket and Mira (<-- Who I want out!)

xxkaylabby
August 13th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I got it a few days ago now.

My town is called Firwood
Native Fruit is Oranges, I have Pears, Lemons and Bananas growing :3
Still relatively new town. Oh and I have Nibbles, Goldie, Buck, Egbert, Monique, Rocket and Mira (<-- Who I want out!)

aww but mira is the super hero bunny she's so cute! i just had her in my tent a couple days ago!

*Icecold*
August 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I own New Leaf, and I adore it! They took everything that sucked about the original ACs and re-did it!

My town's name is Meepcity and my name is Pearl. Currently have a two-story house and am rich thanks to the island ;)

I have Jay (who needs to get out), Beardo, Maple (the best :D), Belle, Axel, Groucho, Jeremiah, Winnie and Cranberra.

Our native fruits are cherries but we also have apples, lemons, durians, lychees and perfect cherries.

lynds
August 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
aww but mira is the super hero bunny she's so cute! i just had her in my tent a couple days ago!

Her look is too.. out there for me and she hardly talks :(