PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

JakeDarkblade
June 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hi, I am Jake, I decided to register here because I am a fan of Pokemon, obviously. Anyway, I'm not the kind to go on about myself so this is it. I hope I make good friends here!

awolfsquared
June 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Jake! Welcome to PC!

It's fine if you're shy at first. Most of us are when we join PC or any forum. But making friends is easy here! The community is really friendly and I'm sure you'll make friends here. Next thing you know you'll no longer be as shy!

Most of us are into Pokemon, but what about it are you into? Do you just play the games or are you into the anime as well? What about the manga or TCG? Or maybe your into trading and battling? Don't be afraid to open up around here and explore the forums. There's many sections dedicated to Pokemon and even some off-topic sections on things such as music and art. What else are you interested in? It 's fine if your intro's short, but I think you should let us get to know you more. :)

Well anyway, hope you enjoy it here. If you have questions I recommend you to ask a staff member in blue , orange , and red and they will help you with what you need. I also.recommend you to look over the rules as well. See ya!

Sheep
June 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Naw, that's fine. I was never the type to talk much about myself.. hence why my own introduction a while ago was so plain and boring. xD; Either way, a very big welcome to you, Jake!

I'm a huge fan of Pokemon myself - we all are. AWsquared has already asked you some nice questions, though you're in no way required to reply. We're just the types that like to know our new members a bit since it becomes much, much easier to make friends and find people to connect with that have similar interests. There are a ton of boards around here that cater to all sorts of people.. whether you're a gamer, debater, hacker, or anything else, you'll fit right in. :) I'd personally recommend delving into our Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234) or Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161) since they're popular boards for members looking to connect in-game with others, and the two sections are quite wonderful and friendly. If you're a battler we even have a cool Pokemon Showdown server that you can participate in to battle our members!

Hope to keep seeing you around and I'll be crossing my fingers that you enjoy your time on PC. You should start exploring as soon as you can since you're still sitting on your first post, but creating an introduction is a great first step. There are some great summer events in the works you lovely members right which is an even bigger reason to consider sticking around. If you're ever lost, just contact one of the staff or even our members since everyone here is pretty eager to help out; you can also post in the Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) board.

Enjoy your stay, great meeting you, and have fun!

Hikamaru
June 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Hello Jake, and a big welcome from me too!

I was very shy when I was a newbie two years ago, never even made a thread in this section alone so I had trouble making friends. Fast-forward to today and now I have made loads of friends and contributed so much to the forums. I do hope you eventually become an active member and eventually make new friends like I did.

Cirno has probably shown you Trade Corner and Battle Center, aka PC's trading and battling hotspots. We also have a Pokemon Showdown server but it's down at the moment due to a security breach and an attack by a hacker, but it should be back up eventually. Other than that, we have various other sections for discussing Pokemon, so definitely go check them out!

Creating an introduction was a good start, and I do hope you enjoy your time at PC. Just make sure you read the rules or contact a moderator like Cirno over there. If you ever need a new friend, I'm always happy to chat with ya. Just send me a VM anytime. And when the Showdown server does get back up, you can find me as Daikenki or Hikamaru there. Have fun Jake and I'll see ya around!

- Hikari10

EDIT: Oh wait the Showdown server is back up again!

JakeDarkblade
June 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Hey! Thanks for all the big welcomes. I am not the type of guy to come to forums and interact with others. I am the kind of guy who sits at the back of your maths class all quiet. I spend a lot of money online so maybe after a few years I can make a donation to this website. I am mainly here for the trading corner. This summer I want to hold all sorts of tournaments with prizes such as rare Pokemon give away.

As a kid I use to wake up every Saturday and Sunday morning to watch Pokemon at 7 am lol. But currently I don't watch Pokemon. What I am currently re-watching is Yugioh-gx. I find that pretty amazing and interesting. If anyone else is a fan and wants to talk to with me about it then feel free I will always be up for a chat!

As far as trading cards go, I have never really played the card game but I am a fan of yugioh. Recently, I spent a grand total of $300 on cards to make different decks. I usually go to random card tournaments but I am not famous at that yet. The closest i have come is 4th place!

Thanks for welcoming me!