PDA

View Full Version : So..Um..Hi there

MistyDragon
June 24th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I'm new to this community (which is why this is here,) but I am not new to forums and whatnot. Some might recognize me from a few servers on Pokemon Online (I'm MistyDragon on there as well). If you do not recognize me, blame me for not being on the servers for a long time.

I love to write and constantly think of new ideas for stories. I can write, but I never finish what I start. I might post tidbits here and there. If I get around to do that, I'm always open for criticism (good and bad).

So..Yeah that's me in a tiny nutshell. :)

Doppelgänger
June 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Hello and welcome to PC!

If you enjoy writing, be sure to check out our Writing and Fan Fiction (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) section of the forum! There, you can share your writings with the other members of the site, get feedback, and also check out some awesome stories written by our members. There is also a Writing Lounge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) located in that section where you can ask for advice and share advice with your fellow writers. I recommend checking it out!

You may also be interested in our Roleplay Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18) section of the site. There you can participate in all kinds of RP's and show off your writing skills! RP's are really quite fun if you've never participated in one before. You should check it out! If you need anything do not hesitate to ask (:

Sheep
June 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Ahh, I write too. But lately I haven't been writing as much nor finishing most of what I do write.. it's a little sad but at least we still write something, yeah? You're going to enjoy our writing board which the wonderful Toshiro has already suggested, so be sure to take a peek there sometime. It's a good board for feedback that really could use more participation. Perhaps while you're at it you can look through other members' stories and let them know what you think through a post? That would be very appreciated! :) Wow.. I said writing a lot in this paragraph. xD;

Oh, anyways, welcome to PokeCommunity!

Hmm, I don't recognize you, but I never go on Pokemon Online either. Guessing you're a battler going by that, so be sure to take a look around the Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234) board if you're interested. :~D That's a great place to get involved in battling-related events and get your teams rated, assuming you were needing such. I get the vibe that you're quite competent at forming your own teams, having experience with battling and all. PC does use Pokemon Showdown rather than Pokemon Online, though, and it's a great and sleek-looking server that I'd recommend peeking into sometimes. I love chatting with the members there and it's quite an active platform. I'd say it's one of the best ways to make friends around here, even. Your opinions in that board will be appreciated if you're as experienced as you seem; there are always people popping in asking for team help.

I do hope you have an amazing time during your stay here! Do you have experience with bigger forums like this one? A handful of new members get lost every once in a while around here, but the staff are always eager to help out and etc. I remember being so lost when I first found this place in 2006 that it intimidated me enough to leave altogether for a few years. If you ever see a confused new user, you should try and help them out! There aren't as many of us experienced forumers in comparison to the confused new people, baha.

Nathan
June 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome to PC Misty! This is a very good thing that you decided to introduce yourself to the community. We are a bunch of nice and kind people there and I'm sure you'll make some good friends there. I used to go on Pokemon Online too but I stopped going there for some time just like you.
I also love to write, my mind is always creative but I am too lazy to finish what I begin just like you. I don't have enough plot right now to post a story on PC but I hope one day I'll be able to and I also want to read one of the stories you're going to post there. What do you like to write about?
I can break nutshells I hope you have a wonderful stay with us. Have fun and stick around :)

Hikamaru
June 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Hiya Misty, welcome to the community!

Making an introduction thread is a great start to joining PC, because it helps us get to know you more. In fact, PC's memberbase is really friendly, especially the older members like myself. I came here back in 2011, but never made an introduction thread which meant I had trouble making friends, and now I don't seem to have that issue anymore.

And as for Pokemon Online, I never used it due to how inconvenient it is to access. PC uses Pokemon Showdown these days, which is hosted on the internet, meaning no download required. Since you're a competitive battler, you should follow Cirno's advice and check out the Battle Center section, which also has a link to PC's Showdown server. I'm there as Daikenki or Hikamaru btw, and you'll meet loads of PC members there so I advise you go check it out.

Don't be scared if you get lost, staff as well as older members are here to help you! I was very lost back in 2011, when I joined around March of that year. Now I am very familiar with the rules and members and everything. I do hope you have fun here Misty!

- Hikari10