PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here

pokemontrent
June 25th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Hello I'm pokemontrent.
I have played pokemon since diamond came out because i didn't know there were games but I've been a pokemon card collector for as long as I can remember.
Well that's me./

awolfsquared
June 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Let me be the first to say hello Trent! Welcome to PC!

Ah so I guess you've been a fan for a long time, but didn't know of the games. I know someone like that here. I enjoyed Diamond and it was the one I picked when it came for DP, cause I loved Dialga's design more. Personally I enjoyed it alot but I enjoyed Platinum a lot better. I still loved Gen VI though, specially HeartGold and SoulSilver! A person like would love our Fourth Generation Gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238) section.There you can discuss all about Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and Soulsilver. I've talked with some of the regular posters there, including the section's mod, Curious. , they're really nice!

You've been a fan of the TCG longer than the games I see. Is that what got you into Pokemon? If not what did? I used to collect and play the card game a lot as kid. Not so much as a kid, but I still buy cards today every now and then. Mainly for the artwork, but since there's an online version now, I might just get back into it. I definitely think you should check out Pokemon Trading Card Game (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14) the section for TCG fans of all kinds. There's a wide variety of topics there from recent card pulls, to sub-forum for deck reviews and everything else. You should check that as well as many other forums we have to offer to. There's many boards here related to Pokemon, but there's also many off topic boards as well. So just go nuts and explore the forum fully.

We have lots of friendly members so it easy to make friends here. Just start talking to people and there you go! In fact I don't mind a good chat now and then so send me a VM if you like! Hope you have fun here and enjoy your stay. Hope to see you around !

Hikamaru
June 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hello from me too Trent, welcome!

I understand your situation, I was a fan for years but never played an actual Pokemon game until Ruby. I guess I liked the version exclusives more than Sapphire's, but I was a first-timer back then. Now I usually tend to pick the version I want to play based on the version exclusives I like better. Like what AWsquared said, you may be interested in the Fourth Generation Gaming section here, which discusses about HG/SS, and also D/P/Pt!

And there's also the Pokemon Trading Card Game section like what he also stated, it's not one of the most active places here but we do get a fair share of TCG fans every now and then. I never played the TCG, but the cards have very appealing artwork on them. And we even have off-topic boards as well if you ever need a break from Pokemon.

Have fun, and remember you can always ask me or a moderator if you need help! I do hope to see you around, Trent!

- Hikari10

diab_low
June 25th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hello pokemontrent the name is Diablo and I welcome you to PC. I have been a Pokémon player since silver and just recently gave my 1000 card collection to my two cousins. Hope you have a great experience here at PC and meet lots of cool people. Take care and we will be seeing you around.