PDA

View Full Version : New here

drafonis
June 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hello, everyone. As you've probably gathered, I'm new to this site (been lurking for a while, though).

However, I'm not new to Pokemon, having played it when Red first came out in the US. I only owned Red and Yellow (beat the Elite Four in both), though, until now (White and Black 2), so I decided to get active in a related community since I find Pokemon much more fun when you're playing with a group.

I also watched the anime for a while, though I stopped watching after a while because I found myself missing more and more episodes until I became seasons behind. Having school and being in the Drama Club tends to make it difficult to find time for anything else. Plus, there were few people interested in Pokemon (although my alma mater high school might have had a few, since it tended to be a little less focused on conformity).

Outside of Pokemon, I'm a student in community college (computer science), so I'll probably also be interested in the Game Development section.

ShiningLust
June 27th, 2013, 04:57 PM
welcome to PC hope u have fun here

Sheep
June 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
What's up drafonis! Welcome to PC, good to have you here with us. :)

Yeah, about time you joined! It's definitely a lot easier to keep interested in Pokemon if everyone around you is a fan. That's why forums are so great! Without 'em you might not be able to meet all these awesome people from around the world who share things in common with you. I've met so many great people through PC that I can definitely vouch for how fun this place is. :D You'll be on your way to meeting people in no time so long as you stick around. If you're interested, you can stop by the Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161) and Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234) if you're looking to connect with other members and do trades/battles. Maybe you'd be able to open up a trade shop if you have enough Pokemon to offer.. owning a shop or club is always pretty fun and I'd say one of the most enjoyable things to do here.

But ugh.. I feel your pain. There are so many Pokemon episodes that it's difficult to watch them all. I missed out on a good chunk of Sinnoh but kept up with Best Wishes/Black & White up until about a year and a half ago. It started getting hard, especially with other interests and school taking over. What's your favorite series? I adored Kanto, Orange Islands, early Johto, and most of Hoenn. It sucks that the English voice actors changed though.. still not used to them. :(

But hey, I'm sure you'll have a great time here as you seem willing to get involved! College is tough. I'm a senior right not and hoping to graduate by next semester, though it might take a little longer since I only recently found out I'd be behind by five credits. Good luck to us both! Computer science seems like a great major, though I heard it's quite math-heavy?

Have an awesome time on PC, drafonis! Hope you'll stick around for a long while. Feel free to message me or another staff anytime if you need anything. :D;