PDA

View Full Version : Hi

freddy f1shf1nger
June 27th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I have been aware of this site for some time and I figured that I would get around to joining eventually.
However that was some time ago. XD

So I figured now, why not. I am yet to do much in this forum but I guess we'll see.
I am hoping to develop my own rom hack but I am having alot of difficulties with the scirpting of the
game itself.

I believe that I have everything else down pact but unfortunately as most of you who have tried would
know, scripting is probably the most important thing.

I do play competitive pokemon on Showdown, I am by no means the best but I figured it was worth
mentioning.

Last thing that is worth any relevance or so I think is that I have played pokemon since the first generation with my initial game being pokemon red which was closely followed by yellow.

That's probably it, thanks guys.

Sheep
June 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome to PC, Freddy! :) A big, big welcome!

Never too late to join, all that matters is that you're a member now whee. Now that you're official a member you cannot leave for you are tied to us forever. We'll keep pulling you back down when you tried and walk away.

Hah, well, hacking in general seems pretty tedious. Once you've gotten the ball rolling and understand the basics I'm sure it gets a lot easier, though. We have a thread dedicated to helping you with scripting (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163576) so you're free to use that - just remember that you can't request people make you scripts there! Hopefully you get it down soon enough and create that awesome game for people to play. Perhaps I'll be one of the first to try it. :D; You're already very far ahead if you have everything down except scripting, too, so consider yourself lucky. A lot of new hackers quit before they make much progress because it's so difficult to get off the ground.

Oh, competitive battling is pretty fun, though it's been a while since I last played. I mostly use PC's official Showdown server and that is usually very fun, especially when there are events going on for us to participate in. We had a load of fun ones a few months back.. though I never did get very far, baha. Makes me wonder what will become of competitive battling with the release of the sixth generation in a few months. It's pretty exciting to think about! And hey, awesome to hear you've been playing Pokemon for so long; we have that in common. I got Red for Christmas of 1998 or 1999 and G/S/C soon after. Yellow and Crystal were probably the best of the bunch for me when I was a kid though.. I mean, who didn't like having Pikachu follow you and then animated sprites?!

Seems like we're going to get along awesomely. Hope you have a wonderful stay around the forum and if you ever need help, just contact a moderator or post in the Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) board. See you around. n~n