View Full Version : Greetings

June 28th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Hey everybody! I created an account awhile back, but failed to impose a proper introduction. Although I have mostly broken off from the Pokemon franchise in recent years, it will forever have a place in my life. As such, I have gone into ROM hacking, which was my main reason for joining PC (originally). Anyway, thank you for your time, and have a great day.

Edward Elric
June 29th, 2013, 6:10 AM
Hey and welcome to PC manadhon!

Since you mainly joined PC for Rom Hacking, I am sure you've checked out our large Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) section and all it has to offer. All the resources and tools you need to hack can be found there, as well as various in-depth tutorials for beginners. You can also check out and play all the hacks made by our creative members!

Sure, PC is mostly for Pokemon, but since you kind of broke away from the franchise, you can still get the most out of PC with the non-Pokemon sections! We have a Video Gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) section for games on the Wii, Xbox, PS, etc. There you can chat about all your favorite games, no matter what console. You can also check out and even post your own Let's Play guide. We also have an Art & Design (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)section if you enjoy drawing or creating cool graphics. There are also various contests that go on in there too that are pretty fun! Our General Entertainment (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) section can be used for discussing movies, tv shows, and so much more.

If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask (:

June 29th, 2013, 9:41 AM
What's up manadhon! I adore your avatar, ahh. <3

Well, ROM hacking is extremely popular here so choosing PC to look into it was a great choice. I joined PC way back in 2006 thanks to amazing Shiny Gold and it'll always have a place in my heart. Was sad to see it never got completed (from what I know) but the game was very amazing and ate many hours of my free time. :D; Luckily we have great new Johto hacks like Liquid Crystal and others now, though! They're wonderful. Hacking's known to help people keep their interest in Pokemon alive since it's always a lot more fun to play through brand new stories and, for the "bigger" hacks, brand new fan-made Pokemon as well. Any plans to make your own game sometime or are you just a player? We do have a lot of resources for any aspiring member looking to get into the hacking scene.. so this'd be a great opportunity, ehe.

While it's great to see our Emulation board gain even more popularity, I do hope you'll consider looking around other parts of the forum. Toshiro has made some wonderful suggestions already so perhaps you might enjoy looking around those boards. Perhaps you'll rekindle your love for Pokemon with the coming sixth generation? It has a lot of us really hyped, myself included, and the game looks absolutely amazing. If you're a fan of the older Pokemon games you can also delve into boards dedicated to the earlier games such as Metal/ Color Generation Gaming, (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36) though ultimately it's up to you, of course.

Just hope you have a blast here. :D; See you around and do contact me if you need anything at all! All of our members are great and always willing to lend a helping hand.

June 29th, 2013, 9:58 AM
Well this could use some more response! Welcome to PC manadhon!

Yup as Toshiro said, Emulation is the place to go for all ROM hacking needs. The community there is large and is known for all things hacking and emulation so you'll find everything from hacks, to resources to tutorials there. The people who regularly post there are really friendly and helpful too so they can help you with anything there. I personally really wanted to try some hacks myself. Flora Sky in particular sounds fun. I downloaded the ROM for it but haven't touched my VBA in a while. Should get around to that soon.

I can understand if you're not a into Pokemon anymore , there other members who are the same way. But maybe being around here can bring back that spark in you! There's new games , Pokemon X and Y coming out in October, so maybe those could bring your interest back. I'm so excited for them and they look like they'll be awesome games. Or perhaps talking about older games will do that too? Even so, there's many non-Pokemon related sections you can go to discuss other things. Toshiro suggested most of them so go around and maybe you'll find some boards you'll enjoy.

Well I hope you have fun here and that I see you all over! Be sure to send me a VM if you like and you can ask me or other members any questions you may have! See you alter!

June 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks everybody! That spark, that love for Pokemon never really left me, but rather stuck to Gen 3. I just lost interest somewhat during the reign of Gen 4, and I have rekindled it by becoming a ROM hacker. X and Y do pike my interest, and I'll definitely check them out.
On the subject of ROM hacking, I am in the works of one, which I hope to release sometime in the distant future. I am also an avid player of ROM hacks, My personal favorites being Snakewood and Shiny Gold (@AWsquared, Flora Sky is pretty good).
I can't thank people enough for such a warm welcome, so, uh... Thanks, again!