PDA

View Full Version : If you could end someone's career...

LORD ANTE
July 1st, 2013, 07:28 PM
If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?

Poke Fox
July 1st, 2013, 09:14 PM
I could think of hundreds of bands, mostly from the 80's Hair Metal era - especially Poison... but then I'll go with a lame answer, None, I remember that those artist are people too (I'm sure they have family somewhere they need to maintain).....

that aside: Poison, Ratt, FireHouse, Cinderella, White Lion, Stryper.... (I can't believe I used to love their music).... #1 choice: Poison [mainly for Bret Michaels]

Alli
July 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
I will end Taylor Swift. I'm tired of hearing her whining on the radio. GOOD. BYE.

Hikamaru
July 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
I'd basically put an end to P!nk, her songs are overplayed as heck and I did admit her music got a bit boring lately. They sound nothing like her old stuff!

Rest
July 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
Will.i.am. He's a shrewd businessman but I have little respect for him otherwise.

Darkroman
July 2nd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, and Katy Perry. They all just annoy the heck out of me.

gimmepie
July 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
It's... so hard to choose.

But it would probably be Nikki Minaj, One direction or Bieber. I just hate their music so much, SO MUCH.

But since we have to pick one I'll go with Bieber based on this
1. In live shows all you can hear is the backing track - because he needs autotune.
2. Terrible songs both lyrically and music wise
3. He's a temperamental little tool who throws a tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
4. He makes more money than I do.
5. Just make him stop.

JayD
July 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Choosing between Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber.... I would go with Bieber.

I hate his music, they all sound the same. Always singing about girls and he started singing about girls when he didn't even hit puberty yet. No experience with girls whatsoever. His attitude is also horrible and his fans are just horrible. After his bad music and lousy attitude, his fans are the worst. When Selena Gomez was dating Bieber, some of Biebers' fans threatened to kill her for dating Bieber. Seriously? >.>
If the kid just stopped his career, everyone would be happier.

donavannj
July 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
That guy who produced Rebecca Black's Friday. His record label generally has been producing positively atrocious music. That's if I'm allowed to use him as my answer, that is.

Brynjolf
July 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
No one is allowed to say Green Day as long as I'm alive

Honestly I'd like to say Justin Bieber. He is incredibly stupid (just google his ski mask picture) and since his fame has been fizzling out, he's been begging the media for negative attention, because it's all he can get. And his music is horrible

Cordelia
July 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrqA93sW-8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s) in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6j4f8cHBIM&feature=youtu.be&t=46s) ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO,

Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.

Tsutarja
July 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I would also end the careers of a lot of modern pop singers from the late 2000s and 2010s, most notably the ones AW mentioned above. I have never tolerated music from Justin Bieber nor One Direction, and I dislike the fashion of Nicki Minaj.

Alli
July 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?

If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?

I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

JayD
July 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

Kim Kardashian actually made ONE song, haha :P

Although it's only one song and she doesn't plan on making an album anytime soon :P

Alli
July 2nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
I bet it's better than I Hit It First. That in mind, it brings up another artist worthy of an ended career...too bad it was never started to begin with.

Broken_Arrow
July 2nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Lady Gaga and Nicki minaj...what in world?? i have no idea

Powerserge
July 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Are you ready? Okay. No Particular Order.

Nicki Minaj
Drake
Rhianna
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Bieber
Kanye West
Alicia Keys
One Direction
Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Nickelback
Michael Buble
Ellie Goulding
Ed Sheeran
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bruno Mars
Pitbull
Shakira
Maroon 5 / Adam Levine
Kesha
Flo-rida
Fun
Carly Rae Jepsen
T.I.
Iggy Azalea
Selena Gomez

And a lot of other genre/foreign artists that I can't think of right now.

Osiris
July 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
It didn't take me long to have Chris Brown pop into my head. With all of the stupid stuff that he's done over his relatively short career, I'd have no problem if his career were to come to an end.

And while it's already been said, I'd put Justin Bieber on this list as well. I've never cared for his music, but never had a problem with the guy himself for the longest time. More recently, though, it seems like he's letting the success get to his head, and if you look up any of the "Beliebers" on Twitter, etc., it's almost scary how overly obsessed they are with the guy. I think it would be healthy for everyone if he faded away, as I'm sure he's already set for life with the money he's made.

Limerent
July 2nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
My choice is Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Justin Beiber, 1D, and any rapper that blares about firetrucking female dogs, taking drugs and shooting up other "African Americans". Just for producing tasteless music with rude words targeted at pre-teens "twelvies" that encourage negative behaviours and stereotypes. In the case of JB and 1D being more soppy than an episode of House Husbands, The Bold and The Beautiful or some other really soppy soap opera.

I can proudly say I have never listened to a song from any of those artists and am not in a position to judge :)

Curtis542
July 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Justin Beiber, One Direction, pretty much any rapper or heavy metal band, and every Disney star that for some reason sings too. Also, Lady Gaga. They're all horrid.

Sweets Witch
July 3rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
I am indifferent towards many artists/bands when it comes to their music, but their conduct is a whole different story. If I had to pick just one artist whose career I'd end, I'd pick Taylor Swift. It's hard to believe that such an unpleasant person has so many fans. Even if one were to say that her bad press was just a bunch of PR stunts gone wrong, they'd have to excuse her music as well. It's as if her songs were written to be simple enough for any child to understand since they make her sound like a child and most of her fans are children, but the messages within them are so terrible that I would never let my daughter listen to her music until she's old enough to understand it. Hell, at that age I'd probably give my daughter a crash course in music from this decade to help her understand why people whine about all music of entire genres being bad.

P.S. I love Ke$ha.

Second place would probably be Bieber, but with more focus on his conduct than Taylor Swift. It seems like he got to be a smug little chumpstick with a huge ego ever since he hit puberty. In the past year or so he's done and said so many things that have been flat-out stupid. My personal favorite is his Anne Frank comment, but that illegal tattoo comes in close second (because that one's just plain funny).

Cordelia
July 3rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrqA93sW-8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s) in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6j4f8cHBIM&feature=youtu.be&t=46s) ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.

It's all over conspiracy theories websites that my wife likes to frequent. She's huge into it. I shouldn't have said it as fact. I just dislike them for being a part of big media and everything.

No but they're "famous" and their "careers" need to be ended now please.

Esper
July 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Can I just end America's music career? No, not the band America. I mean the collective music careers of America. I know there will be a lot of unintended and unfair casualties, but I think that in the end it's for the best that it be put out of its misery.

Boilurn
July 3rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
A lot of votes for Justin Bieber, and although I'm not into his music either, I'd more importantly end Katy Perry's music career. Her voice is really quite annoying since that Firework song was released. I'd also want to stop Pink's career, especially after that awful Blow Me song which made me cringe.

Nil Nuane
July 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Eh, hard question for me to pick just one. There are a lot of pop artists that I can't stand. Even some rock bands.

Can I just end America's music career? No, not the band America. I mean the collective music careers of America. I know there will be a lot of unintended and unfair casualties, but I think that in the end it's for the best that it be put out of its misery.

You're not serious..? I know that there's a lot of bad music, but there's also a lot of good stuff still out there.

Dreg
July 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I think there would be too many to name, but there is a majority from the 2010's onward. However, here's 5 of them that I would end:
Nicki Minaj
Justin Bieber
1 Direction
Kings of Leon
Alicia Keys.

I've never liked any of their songs that they have come out with, and most of them are just annoying, especially Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" which is overplayed far too much and it gets on my nerves. Alicia Keys "this girl is on fire" irritated me because it was overplayed also, and because of Sarcasm, I've started to call it "this milk is expired".

Gyardosamped
July 4th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Oh man, every current pop star/pop group should have their career ended, especially One Direction. I can't stand them...... their music makes my ears bleed.... they're just another group famous for their looks.

Here's my list in no particular order:

One Direction
Justin Bieber
Rihanna
Miley Cyrus
Ke$ha
Britney Spears
P!nk
Kelly Clarkson
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Beyoncé
Christina Aguilera
Pitbull
Taytay Swift
Justin Timberlake
Bruno Mars
Chris Brown
Adele
Lil Wayne

and might as well say every metal, rock, country, punk, alternative, and rap singer/band out there too.

KacyCrawford
July 9th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I dont wanna think of ending an artists career, would better prefer ending a politians career

Powerserge
July 9th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Oh man, every current pop star/pop group should have their career ended, especially One Direction. I can't stand them...... their music makes my ears bleed.... they're just another group famous for their looks.

Aren't you apart of their fan club though? Or is that just to be ironic, haha.

Mr Cat Dog
July 12th, 2013, 04:44 AM
If I may, I'mma use the term 'artist' in a broad sense and murder the bejeesus out of Adam Sandler's career. One of the least artistic, yet one of the most successful, artists working today, Sandler manages to make one feel stupider after having seen one of his films. The success of his filmography has led to copycats and a proliferation of his toxic worldview into popular culture. If I could euthanize it now, I certainly would.

Squirrel
July 12th, 2013, 05:53 AM
If I may, I'mma use the term 'artist' in a broad sense and murder the bejeesus out of Adam Sandler's career. One of the least artistic, yet one of the most successful, artists working today, Sandler manages to make one feel stupider after having seen one of his films. The success of his filmography has led to copycats and a proliferation of his toxic worldview into popular culture. If I could euthanize it now, I certainly would.
Oh god 1000 times yes. When I came into this thread I was thinking "I can't think of anyone I hate that much...", but after reading this post I'm convinced. I can't think of a single movie starring Adam Sandler that wouldn't have been made better by a 4 year old playing his role instead - he plays the intelligence of a gnat and the charisma of a toilet brush. I wouldn't want anyone's career to fail, but I certainly wouldn't mind him moving to another country to direct Bollywood films or someting. :p

Rest
July 12th, 2013, 06:28 AM

I would too.

He capitalized whatever critical support he got in the '00s in all the wrong ways.

classiccartoonsftw
July 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I would put an end to 100% NL if I could!

In case you don't know it, 100% NL is a radio transmitter with terrible pop and rap music that gets far more love than it deserves!

ElectaTHUGG
July 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Drake

that fool is soft as a serta

Green Stache
July 14th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Any type of 'band' or 'artist' that pays someone else to write all the lyrics and music for the song for some talentless auto tune 'singer', AND, all it is, is; 'Yeah we're gonna party, all night, party, all night, and party, and party, and party *and que weak bass drop*' or anything along those un-original lines that talentless people get so famous for.. I'm not gonna get to into this topic because when I start I get very frustrated and can rage for hours;) haha. But, to name one, my most hated band is 1D, Lil' Waynes just amusing to make fun of. Hehe..

Hannah
July 15th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Beiber

Justin Beiber

Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Even though I'm a huge fan of Justin Bieber, and I mean huge, I do think it's time to end his career. His image is absolutely ruined now. He isn't the good boy that got famous on YouTube anymore. He's a completely different person, and although I still love most of his songs, I don't think he should continue making music if he's doing things that're ruining his reputation. Especially with that Anne Frank comment. Ugh. Don't get me wrong here, though. I'm still a Belieber, but I think Justin should just say goodbye once and for all.

Manila Luzon
July 15th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Every band that makes "music" by just screaming into the microphone.

Aaaand along with Darren Criss, he's got a lackluster voice and is a total attention seeker tbh and his acting his laughable. Britney Spears... now I'm a fan of Britney but I honestly think it's time to end her career; singing career at least. Pretty much everyone under the Young Money label except Nicki Minaj. Azealia Banks, whilst her music isn't awful she is one of the most disgusting people on this planet. Will.i.am, what does he even do except for badly rap?

(and to those saying Gaga, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and P!nk shame on you tbh; those 4 artists genuinely have good music and know how to put their all into a song, they all have good, powerful, enjoyable voices too so idek what you're talking about tbh)

Controversial?
July 15th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I think this thread resonantes a unanimous Justin Bieber. He used to be that annoying kid, now he's that annoying prick. Also his music basically encompasses everything I hate about mainstream pop music.

Also, Chris Brown. He's a despicable person.

(and to those saying Gaga, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and P!nk shame on you tbh; those 4 artists genuinely have good music and know how to put their all into a song, they all have good, powerful, enjoyable voices too so idek what you're talking about tbh)

I actually don't like any of them, but I know what you're getting at; they've all made some absolutely terrible songs but their good songs are actually good, and I can respect that they can be good songwriters sometimes

François
July 15th, 2013, 02:58 PM

All pop music must be destroyed, I miss when real music with MEN and GUITARS existed!!!

The only people whose careers I actively want to end are Jessie J and Emeli Sandé. Their music isn't even that bad, but I just can't even deal with the way they've been forced down the public's throats. Popularity really doesn't get more manufactured than endless TV appearances (Emeli Sandé appeared 3 times at the Olympics... OK), endless airplay and every award they could get. Emeli in particular is annoying because she started out looking like someone who'd be interesting and then sank into bland adult contemporary to sell albums.

For all the hate of Justin Bieber, "his songs all sound the same" is a sweeping generalisation and an ignorant one at that. I'm not a fan at all but anyone with ears and an open mind should be able to tell there was a large sonic (if not lyrical) evolution between his first and second albums. At least make sure your criticisms are valid before you tear into someone, no matter how much you dislike him.

PokeChris123
July 15th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Justin Bieber... Don't like him, a lot of people I know don't like him... yeah.

The Dark Avenger
July 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Lady Gaga...though my ears are glad that her music isn't a frequent flyer on the radio-waves as it used to be. Please let Artpop be a dud so I can continue to be at peace. :p

Lady Gaga's new single:
http://youtu.be/ss_BmTGv43M

All pop music must be destroyed, I miss when real music with MEN and GUITARS existed!!!

The only people whose careers I actively want to end are Jessie J and Emeli Sandé. Their music isn't even that bad, but I just can't even deal with the way they've been forced down the public's throats. Popularity really doesn't get more manufactured than endless TV appearances (Emeli Sandé appeared 3 times at the Olympics... OK), endless airplay and every award they could get. Emeli in particular is annoying because she started out looking like someone who'd be interesting and then sank into bland adult contemporary to sell albums.

Jessie J is my number two for sure. Pricetag, epitomizes hypocrisy, though we can't blame her since she probably didn't write a single word of it.

droomph
July 15th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I don't hate anybody's careers as much as their songs so I'll just say right here, I have none in particular I have anything against.

But the people who should really stop their careers:
1 Justin Bieber
Don't get me wrong, he's a good artist, a good person, and most of all, normal. He's going through adolescence. It's normal to be a little ***** for a few years. I think, in fact, that it's good to act like that - it's how your body develops emotionally and mentally (how, I don't know), and would be weird otherwise. I have to admit, being self-aware at 16 makes me want to kill myself most days (I'm not joking, btw - it's a real thing that I feel) so until my body develops self-control, I would prefer that I not have any sense of how annoying I am.

And on a similar note…
1b) All teenage pop stars/actors
You're developing. You need to rest. Have a normal life, learn something before it's too late. You know what they did in the 1700s Italy? If you were a teenager play actor and your voice was getting low, they would castrate you to keep the hormones from ever getting you to adulthood. That's basically what you're doing - taking the things you need to grow healthily and throwing that **** right out the window for what, $15 million dollars? Your healthy rest-of-your-60-years is worth a lot more than money can buy.

1c) Post-teenage actors who grew up acting
Get out of the business. I understand that you know nothing at this point other than acting, but I really want you to take a risk. You have money, right? And if your parents took all of that, force them to send you through college, by logic or by law. You'll be a much happier person, and you can go back to acting afterwards, and you won't have to drag your team along when times get hard, because you could just switch careers when things go down the toilet again in the acting world.

2) People in it for the gain
Look, we get that you love attention. I do too - that's why we're all alive.

However, there are better ways to get attention. For example, starting a business for a useful product to the same audience. First, you won't get all the bad rap (I'm speaking to you, certain movie actors) which really doesn't help get attention in the long run, and secondly, you'll be remembered forever (just ask Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, and Steve Jobs) and frankly there's just a satisfaction that comes only from seeing people use your product. I mean, it's not like fame, but I'm sure Mark feels a little pride everytime Times does a report on Facebook's success and sees funny posts on the Internet about Facebook mishaps :p

Though that's just me from what I know. Don't bother listening to me if you don't want. But you'll have to grow up (which, btw !=maturity; many grown-ups are still children at heart) eventually.

The Dark Avenger
July 15th, 2013, 06:21 PM
^ Droomph, isn't nearly everyone who ever got into the biz do so for fame, or at least money?

I don't mind subjectively if someone wants wealth and fame so long as I enjoy their music.

I think we are too hasty to label any indie band as being modest and respectable, when most of the time, they desire to accumulate more fame like any pop star, which isn't a bad thing. I understand that the desire of fame may detract from the music and compromise a person's artistry, but for others it doesn't; so then, why not listen to the music if you enjoy it?

Green Stache
July 15th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Every band that makes "music" by just screaming into the microphone.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there. ;)
The types of screaming are actually quite difficult and a lot of the guitarists and especially drummers in those bands are quite talented, as are the singers. And it can be great stuff to listen to if you actually do like how it sounds, sure at first it just sounds like a bunch of noise but it actually isn't.

But there is some 'screamo bands' I do actually dislike a lot, such as Blood on the dance floor, bring me the horizon and bullet for my Valentine, eg. But stuff like Parkway Drive, Northlane, and August burns red, I do enjoy.

But this of course is just my opinion. :)

François
July 16th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Jessie J is my number two for sure. Pricetag, epitomizes hypocrisy, though we can't blame her since she probably didn't write a single word of it.

As much as I find the woman to be abhorrent, she started her career as a songwriter for other people before she took to singing her own songs, so I'm inclined to believe she gets her writing credits for good reason.

The Dark Avenger
July 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
As much as I find the woman to be abhorrent, she started her career as a songwriter for other people before she took to singing her own songs, so I'm inclined to believe she gets her writing credits for good reason.

Ugh, you know what, I think I heard this before, and was suprised then. I completely forgot that she was in the songwriting industry for others. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well then, I guess that means she is responsible for that "Pricetag" monstrosity. I mean, unless she just wants to do free concerts and give her music away for free on itunes. :p

T!M
July 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Taylor Swift, Niki Minaj and Katy Perry. Why? because I don't like 'em. :)

Ephemeral Euphoria
July 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Bruno Mars because he makes Bieber sound butch in comparison and his songs make Ludacris sound classy imo.

Lanayru
July 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Are you ready? Okay. No Particular Order.

Nicki Minaj
Drake
Rhianna
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Bieber
Kanye West
Alicia Keys
One Direction
Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Nickelback
Michael Buble
Ellie Goulding
Ed Sheeran
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bruno Mars
Pitbull
Shakira
Maroon 5 / Adam Levine
Kesha
Flo-rida
Fun
Carly Rae Jepsen
T.I.
Iggy Azalea
Selena Gomez

And a lot of other genre/foreign artists that I can't think of right now.

^ All of the above! Except Lady Gaga... I loved Paparazzi and Bad Romance too much, but definitely One Direction. Everyone is obsessed! I just don't get it. Katy Perry is the worst! I cringe every time I Kissed a Girl comes on. -_-

Ozymandias
July 16th, 2013, 08:12 PM
^ Droomph, isn't nearly everyone who ever got into the biz do so for fame, or at least money?

I don't mind subjectively if someone wants wealth and fame so long as I enjoy their music.

I think we are too hasty to label any indie band as being modest and respectable, when most of the time, they desire to accumulate more fame like any pop star, which isn't a bad thing. I understand that the desire of fame may detract from the music and compromise a person's artistry, but for others it doesn't; so then, why not listen to the music if you enjoy it?

Really? Come on man do you have to make a point about everything? XD

Lol just playing with you buuut, to get down to the real business...

I would have to say end a bunch of peoples but i'll just list a few

Justin Beiber
One Direction
Nicki Minaj
Lil Wayne (For the record i love rap music but, he's garbage)
hmmm scratch that this list will be too long but, pretty much wanna be rappers TYLER THE CREATOR

Weeaboo Name
July 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Anyone from that show Glee.

Manila Luzon
July 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Anyone from that show Glee.

Wow, okay...

You can dislike the show all you want but you cannot deny that the show isn't full of talented people. 7 of which have been on Broadway, 6 who all received recording contracts during the shows run, 3 of which who are authors, Chris Colfer even made New York Times' best selling author, he even wrote and produced his own movie, not all of them are duds, several members of the cast have even won awards - and the show has won them too. It has its major downsides, but it has more upsides than down tbh. The show also has its cast members who aren't as talented as the rest but they still put all of their effort in... So saying you'd end their career just because they are on a show you dislike is totally unfair... At least give reasons and maybe try to pinpoint which cast members. I know I said a few things about the people in my original post but at least I gave reasons, as did the majority of the other posters.

Just sayin'

Rest
July 17th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Wow, okay...

You can dislike the show all you want but you cannot deny that the show isn't full of talented people. 7 of which have been on Broadway, 6 who all received recording contracts during the shows run, 3 of which who are authors, Chris Colfer even made New York Times' best selling author, he even wrote and produced his own movie, not all of them are duds, several members of the cast have even won awards - and the show has won them too. It has its major downsides, but it has more upsides than down tbh. The show also has its cast members who aren't as talented as the rest but they still put all of their effort in... So saying you'd end their career just because they are on a show you dislike is totally unfair... At least give reasons and maybe try to pinpoint which cast members. I know I said a few things about the people in my original post but at least I gave reasons, as did the majority of the other posters.

Just sayin'

Some people just find the kids from Glee annoying, I guess.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
July 17th, 2013, 04:28 AM
If i had to choose 1 artist only. I'd probally choose Pitbull. Alot of the other mediocore pop artists at least have a song that sounds decent. Although I dislike Nikki Minaj, Flo Rida, and Willow Smith as much as Pitbull. Pitbull has had the most succuss and further chances of releasing new material.

arachnidsGrip
July 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Justin Beiber. I admit I do love like atleast 1-2 of his songs but seriously dude, stop acting total badboy just because the internet tells you you're gay. idk if he continued down the path before he could been more respected or such but he chose to be badboy and stuff :/

Captain Fabio
July 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Justin Beiber. In my opinion, he is the main reason as to what is wrong with popular music today. It will be a happy day when he stops released those cringe worthy, stomach churning, plain distasteful excuses that he and his fans call songs.

And Nicki Minaj.

LORD ANTE
July 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Oof, the lack of reasoning on the majority of your choices is disappointing, guys. =/

Anywho, I don't really wish the fatality of anyone's career in specific, but I tend to dislike any older bands/artists that are trying to stay afloat based on the publicity and fame they've garnered through their old successes, but are still not even successful to date. I don't have any clear cut examples right now, as if I threw any names out, they'd only be those I feel are on the brink of such exposure and that wouldn't be fair to them. Yet.

Controversial?
August 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
I'd end Struck Twelve. Like, who the **** do those guys think they are?!

Manila Luzon
August 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
As well as the others I said before I'd add Justin Bieber to my list. Not just because his music is terrible but because he's a terrible role model for young children; and since the majority of his fans are young girls who literally will do anything for him. (#Cut4Bieber anyone?)

His latest stunt sickens me I mean who spits on their fans? If it wasn't for them his terrible music career wouldn't have even moved off the ground, he owes everything to those children of Satan (lbr, the majority of beliebers are just awful)

Controversial?
August 3rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
As well as the others I said before I'd add Justin Bieber to my list. Not just because his music is terrible but because he's a terrible role model for young children; and since the majority of his fans are young girls who literally will do anything for him. (#Cut4Bieber anyone?)

His latest stunt sickens me I mean who spits on their fans? If it wasn't for them his terrible music career wouldn't have even moved off the ground, he owes everything to those children of Satan (lbr, the majority of beliebers are just awful)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQlsbxdCEAAZFB6.png

Basically this. Apparently the spitting one was photoshopped but nonetheless just look at all that.

Shrew
August 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Absolutely none. They worked hard for their careers. Anyone should be able to ignore an artist, especially the ones that act like jerks.

Sandshrew4
August 23rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
All techno singers. I'm horrible, a horrid person, you don't need to tell me, I hear it enough.
Reasoning? I hate techno. I quote Bob Seger when I say "today's music ain't got the same soul..."
It's a hard thing to explain. When I had to listen to the music, it just felt so...electronic (duh) and empty. Using machines (computers whatever) to make music is a dumb idea in my mind.
Just my opinion. Don't kill me.
Please?

blaziken25
August 23rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Kelly Clarkson's before she gets too bad. She's turning Country *vomits*