PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Is this a problem??? Or is this a new thing?

awolfsquared
July 1st, 2013, 11:59 PM
When I got on just now I see this??

http://i.imgur.com/Y6GWF9M.png
I'm thinking this is a problem, or you guys got new user group things for staff. But I'm sure it's an error more-or-less cause I'm thinking if you changed the usergroups, you have one for supporters. And the tags would of been changed too.

AWsquared AWsquared AWsquared AWsquared

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
We're just playing with things and trying some new ideas. No glitches. No worries. 8) Hakuna Matata!

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Alright then. If I can give some feedback, I like the bold names and color better, it makes things easier to tell who is who and what not. It's easier to point out the staff from the members when they're in bold so I say keep it as it was. Just a thought.

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 12:12 AM
The idea is that staff don't need to stand out so much because there are already a lot of ways for them to be identified.

But we're still playing with stuff, it'll be changed back soon. No worries.

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 12:24 AM
Alright. IMO though the bold names make them a bit more identifiable than the little tags, but it's good to see you guys are experimenting with how the forum works.

Squirrel
July 2nd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Is it just me adoring this new format? We look so classy *.*

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Oh now I see Audy's definitely messing around now cause all of the staff are sexy now. XD I want to be sexy. :C

IDK. I think the bold names have more pop to them. That could just be me though.

curiousnathan
July 2nd, 2013, 01:10 AM
I agree. These new tags look awfully awkward. XD

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Is it just me adoring this new format? We look so classy *.*

I love them like this. 8) Much less intrusive, while still communicating the point. Usernames don't have to be screaming loud in order to identify who the staff are.

Squirrel
July 2nd, 2013, 01:22 AM
If it is for some reason decided not to keep them let's at least keep them as togglable (totes a word)? Now that we've seen the future there's no going back B)

Hikamaru
July 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
I agree. These new tags look awfully awkward. XD

I agree with Nathan, the tags take up a lot of space and almost everyone's name looks unformatted. I'm all for it being an option to toggle with in the User CP like what Ozzy said, so that way if someone prefers the colored names for staff and supporters they can at least change between the colored names or the tags.

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Well if this actually stays, I would like it able to be changed back upon request or togglable as Ozzy said. As I already said, personally I think the new tags are pretty boring looking and that the old tags is much easier to identify people with. I like seeing my name as as AWsquared than CS2 AWsquared. So if it becomes real I'd like to be able to just change it so I can see the colored names instead.

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Really? D: I think these take up WAY less space than the old ones. Without the big userbars the postbits look way less cluttered.

Tsutarja
July 2nd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Okay I totally didn't notice the userbars gone too, but I just now woke up and saw the change and for sure it was an eye-catcher xD

I like the change! But maybe only for posts. I think the online users should be reverted because it does take up space but I'm fine with it being on posts

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 01:49 AM
Really? D: I think these take up WAY less space than the old ones. Without the big userbars the postbits look way less cluttered.

Personally I think userbars are easier to look at and not too cluttered at all. They're easier to read too.

Went
July 2nd, 2013, 01:50 AM
I like the change! But maybe only for posts. I think the online users should be reverted because it does take up space but I'm fine with it being on posts

Audy I agree with this, as I told you before. Even if we remove the italics and boldings and all. Colours alone are distinct enough, at least for the who's online.

Hikamaru
July 2nd, 2013, 01:53 AM
Personally I think userbars are easier to look at and not too cluttered at all. They're easier to read too.

I prefer the colored usernames and userbars better like what Aaron said, they are much easier to read. I mean, if someone looks at me and asks me "Hikari, what does CS5 mean?" they'd be confused thinking it's some special rank.

I actually like my name better as Hikari10 rather than CS5 Hikari10. Looks less cluttered.

curiousnathan
July 2nd, 2013, 01:57 AM
For me, these new formats feel a lot more chunkier and less organized compared to the previous formatting. I love the idea of being able to have this format as another option, though.

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 02:00 AM
Yeah, the userbars and the colored usernames stand out more, and it's human nature to want to stand out and be noticed. I get that. But part of the reason why I wanted to change these things around is to take the focus off of what rank the person posting is and to put it more on what the person is actually saying, you know?

The whole reason why PC has colored usernames and user bars is to show who's on staff, right? So that members can find people to help them when they need it. (Supporters getting them are a perk, but that isn't the point right now.) I think having huge bold and colored usernames is going overboard--it's become more a staff perk than an actual useful thing, and especially lately with all of the stacked ranks and text options it's just become cluttered and messy.

This new layout tells you what the staff member does without screaming it in your face like the old stuff did. It's less intimidating and less tacky. Supporters are still shown for their contributions to PC. etc.

And plus, with the larger changes coming in PC's near future, postbits will be changing rather significantly anyway and the ranks will look horribly out of place on them like whoa. :(

Just give this a chance, guys. I know you're used to the colored usernames, but remember how long people complained about supporters turning from blue to green? Change is always rough at first and there will always be people who resist it, but I honestly really think this is a positive change for the community. Trust me.

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
I do like having it as an option, an option I'll never use, but still if there's people who want to use it, they can and those who don't can use the colored names.

Forcing people to like it isn't good either and not everyone is gonna eventually like it or adjust to it. Not everyone still like the supporters being green, in fact I've noticed more people requesting to change their name to have normal user colors and I can see many wanting to do the same with these new tags.

Tsutarja
July 2nd, 2013, 02:04 AM
I'm all for at least having the option for returning to the old layout of usernames, as suggested above.

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 02:11 AM
Forcing people to like it isn't good either and not everyone is gonna eventually like it or adjust to it. Not everyone still like the supporters being green, in fact I've noticed more people requesting to change their name to have normal user colors and I can see many wanting to do the same with these new tags.

Certainly right. I agree. I'm definitely not trying to force people to like it, but every time PC wants to change something we can't create another option to toggle it on and off to appease the people who want things to always stay the same and never change. You understand where I'm coming from?

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Certainly right. I agree. I'm definitely not trying to force people to like it, but every time PC wants to change something we can't create another option to toggle it on and off to appease the people who want things to always stay the same and never change. You understand where I'm coming from?

I do get that, but if supporters can have the option to change from being green to plain, then I can't see how there can't be an option to make the new tags toglable.

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Supporters switching is a matter of us changing which usergroup is the "display" usergroup. If we wanted to make these ranks optional and let people switch to which they see, I'd have to code the feature from scratch.

Elaitenstile
July 2nd, 2013, 02:32 AM
Whatever led to this feature, this stuff is totally sweet. One of the reasons why I would not take a coloured username upon being a supporter is this. Like Audy said, the username really shouts out a lot. It brings attention, and often when I read posts, I feel intimidated since the username and the "Staff Admin" basically shouts an 'Oh, no' to me while posting lol. It's nice to see Audy not being so tacky with the new style lol.

(I figure coding this up must've been a real pain XD)

Ausaudriel
July 2nd, 2013, 02:34 AM
Whatever led to this feature, this stuff is totally sweet. One of the reasons why I would not take a coloured username upon being a supporter is this. Like Audy said, the username really shouts out a lot. It brings attention, and often when I read posts, I feel intimidated since the username and the "Staff Admin" basically shouts an 'Oh, no' to me while posting lol. It's nice to see Audy not being so tacky with the new style lol.

(I figure coding this up must've been a real pain XD)

I'm glad you agree. :] A lot of my old PC friends (most of whom aren't around anymore) used to say that one of the biggest problems they had with the community is how cliquey it is. I mean, I know this isn't like a huge deal and going to solve all social classing issues overnight or anything haha. But I mean, it's a step in the right direction, right?

And it looks so much better. @_@

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 02:36 AM
Supporters switching is a matter of us changing which usergroup is the "display" usergroup. If we wanted to make these ranks optional and let people switch to which they see, I'd have to code the feature from scratch.

I'm assuming that's not easy is it? Well, as much as I want my green italic name back (and I really do mean that.), if it's not possible to have a toggle option, I MIGHT just have to try to adjust to this. :(

shenanigans
July 2nd, 2013, 02:40 AM
Personally, I think that being intimidated by staff is just one of those things I'll never fully understand. But, if people are actually intimidated by us and this helps resolve the issue, then it's definitely a step forward. I guess that since I don't understand staff intimidation it's hard for me to gauge how big an issue it is but I would love to see a PC where all levels of staff are better integrated with the members and this seems to be a good start with that. I never really thought about username formatting before and what its implications were but I guess it meant more than I thought. It's making me wonder what else happens that I'm totally oblivious to, haha.

As for how it looks - I think it looks pretty good! Not much better or worse than before but it feels cleaner and more to-the-point than username formatting and userbars. I'm not certain I like how it's shown in the recent visitors and whatnot but I'll either get used to it or it'll be changed somehow. But yeah, all-in-all I actually like this a lot better.

I'm assuming that's not easy is it? Well, as much as I want my green italic name back (and I really do mean that.), if it's not possible to have a toggle option, I MIGHT just have to try to adjust to this. :(

Honestly, yeah. A lot is gonna be changing on PC in the coming months (pretty big-time, we're talking) and a lot of it is gonna feel clunky or awkward or disorganised or whatever at the start, but really it just takes some getting used to. You're gonna have to get used to getting used to things, haha. It does work, though; you don't see anyone still complaining about green supporter names because most people have either grown to it or accepted that it's not a big deal now. The same can be applied to more or less anything - it's not a huge deal and most of the time if you don't like it, you'll just get used to it if you're not dwelling on reasons not to like it (Which I'm not saying you are, but this is just in general). And if you are dwelling on reasons not to like something then... really, that's more an issue on your end.

Forever
July 2nd, 2013, 02:55 AM
I love how these look, gj Audy. I'd even consider posting around here occasionally (instead of for specific reasons, aka in server information thread) because these look so sexy :3 I think it makes postbits way less messy and looks pretty formal, so woo.

Regeneration
July 2nd, 2013, 02:56 AM
I'm totally fine with this. We all look more like a community now with no one standing out more than the other.

Ace.
July 2nd, 2013, 02:59 AM
I really like this. It looks pretty cool. But it looks pretty weird in profiles XD.

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 03:11 AM
Personally, I think that being intimidated by staff is just one of those things I'll never fully understand. But, if people are actually intimidated by us and this helps resolve the issue, then it's definitely a step forward. I guess that since I don't understand staff intimidation it's hard for me to gauge how big an issue it is but I would love to see a PC where all levels of staff are better integrated with the members and this seems to be a good start with that. I never really thought about username formatting before and what its implications were but I guess it meant more than I thought. It's making me wonder what else happens that I'm totally oblivious to, haha.

I agree that members shouldn't be intimidated by staff members because in the end, they're just normal members just with fancier titles and more duties. I think members should be able to turn to staff when they have an issue or question they need to be answered. And I don't think staff having colored usernames makes them more intimidating either or should make them more intimidating. And I don;t see how changing the tags should make them less intimidating. I think the colors make staff look more important, but they're normal users either way.

I'm not certain I like how it's shown in the recent visitors and whatnot but I'll either get used to it or it'll be changed somehow. But yeah, all-in-all I actually like this a lot better.

Yeah I guess I'll be fine with these being in the postbits, but they seem strange in the recent visitors and "who's online". I'd like to at least have those colored if possible or if not that, something else.

I really like this. It looks pretty cool. But it looks pretty weird in profiles XD.

I agree with this too. Having a special colors in the profile stands out more. For staff, particularly it shows more importance to me.

Harley Quinn
July 2nd, 2013, 03:44 AM
i fail to see how this solves anything tbh
to me it seems even more in your face than the previous ones

Elaitenstile
July 2nd, 2013, 03:52 AM
Also! CS6 becoming CS★ was pretty freaky. It seems more 'real' now, like Tier 6 being a bit exclusive and elusive lol.

arachnidsGrip
July 2nd, 2013, 04:10 AM
imo why cant we have both? like that sexy thingy and the old format together? or like Ozzy said, make it toggable? :B

awolfsquared
July 2nd, 2013, 04:24 AM
imo why cant we have both? like that sexy thingy and the old format together? or like Ozzy said, make it toggable? :B
I like that idea. Or if the userbar is too much, then just make a smaller one or less use a previous one. Or get rid of it completely. Personally I just think these tags would look better/stand out more if the usernames are bold and/or colored. And the supporter one doesn't see, very obvious like Hikari mentioned in a previous post. I can expect many people asking what "CS2 or CS★" stands for, that's just confusing.

arachnidsGrip
July 2nd, 2013, 04:38 AM
Me as CS3 Lady Gunner makes me think I was made using Photoshop CS3 :P

Infact CS# makes me think bout Photoshop xD

Twiggy
July 2nd, 2013, 04:44 AM
It's not just the matter of size. Positioning and style also matters significantly when it comes to little things like this. As configured like this, the tags are intrusive.

I'd rather take the old style, since right now, it clashes with just about everything else.

Gonzo
July 2nd, 2013, 05:39 AM
Colours are more natural way of marking stuff/people and personally i find them less intimidating that badges. I don't like the badge idea for three reasons:
1) Colours worked well so far. If you're afraid of staff members, flowers, sweets and bardes won't make you less intimidated. It's in people's heads, not in staff's appearance.
2) The change seems to be huge for non-newcomers. Personally, when I was reading a thread today I was thinking "WTF? Why did they demod so many staff members?!" And then I found this thread.
3) 95% of forums use colours to distinguish staff/VIPs from regular users, so people who are registered in other places can relate to that and will find that more familiar.

If you want to be less intimidating, ditch Red and Yellow (Orange?) as high staff colours, because they are intimidating and aggresive, contrary to purple, green and blue.

Nauje
July 2nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Yeah, I think I prefer the old style. I mean, I will probably get used to this when time comes but right now it just looks so... clustered and packed - 3- sorry guys, but really, I preferred it when the names for supporters and stuff were green/bold blue/bold yellow/bold red.

But I do understand about the intimidation thing with members and staff and such, and I'm glad you guys are trying to do something about that. Not sure how to say this, but I appreciate what you are trying to do. But aesthetically... eeyeah I prefer the old style really.

Patchisou Yutohru
July 2nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Can't please everyone I guess?

I think this is much better this way. More clean, more professional, more modern. I expect these wont stay this this but it would be great if they did. The formatted usernames and bars are tacky in comparison.

Why don't you guys give it a day or two before you start screaming how much you don't like it like this, yeah? Be a little more open minded and progressive.

shenanigans
July 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
2) The change seems to be huge for non-newcomers. Personally, when I was reading a thread today I was thinking "WTF? Why did they demod so many staff members?!" And then I found this thread.
3) 95% of forums use colours to distinguish staff/VIPs from regular users, so people who are registered in other places can relate to that and will find that more familiar.

I don't really understand how having [mod] written next to a mod's username could be considered less informative than a username colour. I don't get how you thought we'd demodded people when they still have "mod" written next to their name.

As for your point about intimidation and that, yeah, intimidation's all in peoples' heads. But people have already commented that this could be a step in the right direction for not making mods so... blazingly "I AM A MODERATOR", if you get what I'm saying? I don't see why we shouldn't at least try to make progress rather than just saying "it's in your head so it's your problem". Although fair point if you personally find badges more intimidating; I can't really argue with your personal opinion on that. d:

...although if I was intimidated by staff I'd find one badge less intimidating than a userbar and a bold coloured username. *shrug*

edit: if this reads aggressively, which skimming back over it I feel it maybe does, sorry! It's not meant to be that way haha.

Toshiro.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
....ew.

I mean, this solves nothing. I was staring at the online list moments before checking this out, and I found it incredibly difficult to figure out who is a mod or not, and I've been here 4 years. Even figuring out who supporters were was a challenge for me. Maybe its just me, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I feel new members are going to have a problem with this, identifying who is who. I mean, im not shooting it down and I'll give it a chance and everything, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

And I don't find that staff members with big bold names intimidate people, I think it helps new members and anyone with identifying who can help them with their questions or concerns. It's a staple. I mean, all forums pretty much have that system tbh.

Alli
July 2nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Please at least create an option to see posts the old way with the colored names. I really can't stand this. I think it looks terrible. I'm sorry, just...it looks clunky and people aren't as easily identifiable now and I think we look terrible without our username formatting.

Recluse
July 2nd, 2013, 06:45 AM
Also! CS6 becoming CS★ was pretty freaky. It seems more 'real' now, like Tier 6 being a bit exclusive and elusive lol.

This 100%. I like the CS Star tier now, not just Tier 6, but Star Tier!

Squirrel
July 2nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
I really don't understand the whole "clunky" thing - surely this is 100% less clunky because there's no userbar to fuss around with? I personally much prefer this format; it's much classier and a heck of a lot less tacky looking.

As far as being identifiable by rank is concerned, once again I don't see this as a problem. It's obvious what ranks people are from the badge next to their and, although mod/smod aren't the most identifiable ranks compared to moderator/super moderator, I do think we should give people more credit than that. If necessary we can just add alt text to it so open hovering it gives the full title, but it really isn't something I see as a problem. It's only new members that it could be a problem for though, so maybe they're the ones we should be asking haha.

As for CSx not being identifiable, I don't think that matters at all. It's not like it's an 'official rank' of any kind bar showing they've donated money and they have access to perks, and if people ask about it then all the better - we just get more interest in donations. But once again, I just don't see any of these things as problems other than for the reason of "I don't like change" or, more reasonably, "the new format is ugly".

I'm personally a huge fan of it and I really hope it stays, and for those of you that aren't I urge you to give it a try for at least a day or two to get used to it, but just don't count it out straight away because it's not what PC is used to. I think it's a big step in the right direction, both aesthetically and as a case of 'tackiness'.

Zorua
July 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m76ifjg3vk1r98rtso1_500.gif

For some reason, I fully expected this thread to turn out like this. Everyone has their opinions, but this isn't a surprise in the slightest.

At first I was pretty taken back by the change yea, but afterwards I kind of noticed....they actually look pretty hot. No offense to anyone here, the reason I feel a lot of people oppose it is because they're just too used to the old look. Yes, it's "natural" to have username colors, they've been prevalent on forums since the dawn age of foruming, but this looks a lot...cleaner, I suppose? One can make the argument that maybe they don't look so good in the active users list, but on the postbit, they seem rather clean and professional to me.

Personally speaking, I do urge people to at least give this a day or two and see how this goes. I don't see anything particularly wrong with this system. I don't really understand colored usernames achieve here that this system kind of doesn't already, if that makes sense.

I mean, this is just me, and I personally like it, and I like the old style the same. So it doesn't matter to me which one we stick with.

wolf
July 2nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
I quite like it. Not as much as my previous set up (formatted usernames and no rank images), but this is easier to understand. I have one suggestion, though. The rank image would look more natural in the postbit if it was to the right of the username.

Comparison:

http://i.imgur.com/nXa4GsQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/CzrN4mx.png
http://i.imgur.com/gksYqn5.png
http://i.imgur.com/ROjBCgk.png
However, it probably looks better on the left for the Who's Online list.

Also, I just noticed there's a quick link beside the number of each post. That'll be handy.

Zorua
July 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
+1 wolf's post. It would look SO much hotter if it was on the right instead of the left. @_@

Boomburst
July 2nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
What does this solve? It makes the Moderators and Supporters look even more noticeable, which means this new feature seems to do the complete opposite of what it aims to do - making higher ups less intimidating. They take up space and look jarring next to text. They stand out, which is what they weren't designed to do.

Also, how does this make us look more normal? It discredits the people who have donated or/and keep the place running.

If we are going to have this option here, please don't make if forced on the user.

Zorua
July 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Also, how does this make us look more normal? It discredits the people who have donated or/and keep the place running.

You do realize that the supporter name colors are more of a perk than a given, right? That h-staff doesn't really HAVE to give supporters name colors at all, but chose to anyway? I don't see that as "discrediting" at all really, especially since, if you use standard postbit, they actually look pretty neat. o.o

Sheep
July 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
My problem with this is how much space this seems to take up on the users online list. Having those buttons next to so many members' post really does clutter the entire list, especially with how big the buttons are in comparison to users' regular names. I find Wolf's setup with the button being after the name better, at least, too. I'd probably prefer that staff and supporters get a small, square-shaped button somewhere in their postbit that could identify their rank rather than placing it on the same line as a username (if it's simplicity you're going for).

I do love the style of it but the general placement is what gets to me. :( Despite that, this is very unique and a pretty awesome style you guys chose to go with. Perhaps when the updated postbits are released this will look better so I'll hold out until then to see what changes are implemented.

And on the note of discerning donators who paid money for the name, I can see the dissatisfaction since a handful of you probably donated for the name alone and it's suddenly being taken away. At the same time, though, you're not guaranteed to have this forever given how we go through changes every once in a while. A change as big as this (which is for the better) wouldn't have been very far off.

Esper
July 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
I think these stand out quite a bit since they become the only color in the "currently online" or "currently viewing" areas. Since they're still text I thought it was some new kind of identifier for mods and so on and thought "Who's smod and how did they get promoted so quick-- oh, wait."

I'm kinda indifferent to them otherwise. They're a little weird because they're new, but I'm sure I'd get used to them if they stuck around. I'd like it if they were to the right of the usernames though, like Wolflare suggested.

Honest
July 2nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
I actually really really really like this, I dunno. I'm fine with this, so I'm not going to argue it being changed. I do have one small suggestion though.

I guess this is for mods specifically, but it it possible to have a feature where when you mouse over the blue mod box, there'd be a title pop-up saying what section we mod? I sorta feel that'd be useful/neat. Kinda like how nicknames would pop-out when the cursor went over our usernames.

Also, a question. For Staff Members in general it seems, will there be no way to tell if we're Supporters as well?

Boomburst
July 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
I have found something - if you remove the option to underline hyperlinks, they fit with the postbit a bit better due to them having a rather ugly line at the bottom of them which doesn't fit and cuts into the text.

I've tried many forum styles and I just can't work with this. While I commend PC for implementing new features, I really don't see the appeal in this.

Rukario
July 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
a thought..
will look strange if the usernames are pretty long when using the legacy postbit display.

Mr. X
July 2nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
While I suppose we could get used to this, the changes do make the currently active users list look like crap.

Edit - Why not move the tag to above the username? It would, imo, look a bit cleaner then it currently does.

adventure
July 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
All of you who say that it looks better than the old userbars and use that as an argument - your argument is invalid. There is already an option to turn off chunky userbars and just have a line of colored text underneath the usertitle stating rank/supportership. If you want simplicity, why not just have that being standard instead of userbars or these button thingies? Regardless if usernames are colored or not.

I've been to forums where staff names are not colored/bolded and they have just a tiny button or something to let the world know that they are moderators. Sure, I think the "clique-feel" might have been lower there, but it was also a bit more difficult to find a staff member quickly than on forums where their names stood out more. But maybe that was just me not recognizing the staff members well, idk

These button thingies look better to the right of the name.

Lol my name with this must look odd in Legacy then?

I agree that colored names would look better in the online users list.

Lastly, I'm one of those who take some time to warm up to changes and right now I miss my newly obtained blue name but if more things are going to change soon and you think this will go better with that, whatever :p

Zorua
July 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
There is already an option to turn off chunky userbars and just have a line of colored text underneath the usertitle stating rank/supportership. If you want simplicity, why not just have that being standard instead of userbars or these button thingies? Regardless if usernames are colored or not.Except that argument is invalid because having an entire sentence of ranks (Moderator/Community supporter Tier (number) / Event organizer) on one line is extremely unappealing and quite unnecessary (not to mention really tacky). At least through this method, I just have to scroll through buttons instead of the former, in which, as much as I've tried to adjust to the "simplicity", just didn't work out.

abnegation
July 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Wow three pages on this? We've just been testing some things, and seeing how they look. We're currently working towards revamping a few areas of the forum software and design, and so we would like to ask everyone just to accept that there may be some minor changes here and there. Feedback is always appreciated, but remember to keep it as feedback and suggestions, avoid flipping lids every time a minor change has been implemented. Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused. We will be trying out some ideas from time to time, all in the name of fun and improvement of the forum, so I hope you can all appreciate that and let us know what you'd like to see! Just going to close this one up, given that your user-colours are back, and that you now know what's been going on. I'm sure we'll come up with a more aesthetically pleasing design, thanks guys!

Locked.