View Full Version : Greetings from England!

July 2nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey, my name is Lowstah or Low for short. Been wanting to join a community for a while but haven't had the time - just finished my first year of university :)

I've been playing since Red and have owned at least one game from every generation. I'm currently trying to complete my fire red pokedex before heading back to white 2 to finish it.

I fancy myself to be a writer and i'm currently working on a fan fiction which follows a similar style to the anime, set in the Johto region after the events of Heart Gold & Soul Silver.

Speaking of the anime I've seen almost every episode (some catching up is needed!) and the majority of the films.

Recently i turned my head towards the manga's - The Electric Tale of Pikachu and Pokemon Adventure - but i haven't got very far.

Last but by no means least my favorite pokemon is Arcanine because it reminds me of my family dog from when i was young - an alsatian-rottweiler cross... but he was a *****cat really... 0_0

I hope to contribute to this forum greatly!

July 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hi Low! Welcome to PokéCommunity.

I don't think I could ever get through the entire anime. I heard that the manga is much better, as in it's less watered down and more graphic/violent. How are you liking it so far compared to the anime?

July 2nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hi :)

It can be a bit of a grind sometimes... every time ash enters a new region its like he has amnesia and forgets everything short of basic motor skills!

The manga, particularly pokemon adventure, is written much better in my opinion - but i guess that's because its aimed at a slightly older audience... at least thats what i could gather from the first few chapters

July 2nd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hey there Low, and welcome to PC!

If you're into fan fiction, then I'm sure the Fan Fiction and Writing (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) section on here is something for you to check out! :)

Anyways, if you need help with anything, please do not hesitate in asking any questions to anyone on staff!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^