PDA

View Full Version : What games don't you like but others enjoy?

JayTheKing
July 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
As the title says.
I dont like LoL and any RTS(like WoW).It just feels like random stuff happening for no real reason.
I also cant enjoy the Patapon series.

Miss Doronjo
July 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
My friends and some other people irl I know seem to like the digimon video game series, but... I dunno, I don't really like them that much. There's nothing really wrong with the games, it's just.. I don't see the appeal with those digimon video games.

Freezer
July 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Yoshi's Island is THE answer for me regarding this thread.

Like, I realized it's a very good platformer, and I don't blame people for liking it at all. But to me, the horrible pacing, among other things, ruins the game. It's just so slow, and the shooting mechanics (which I also think is stupid) doesn't help. I actually saw a speed run of the game a while ago and it was STILL slow as hell so I didn't finish it. Normally to me good level design and good controls are the most important thing for a platformer, but Yoshi's Island (which has both) somehow prove me wrong. Pacing IS so important to me.

It's definitely a great game and I understand why people love it (if not nostalgia, to be honest), so I won't argue about it. Unless someone calls it the best platformer of all time or close to it, then I will call them out for it.

Ephemeral Euphoria
July 2nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Well I know for certain that I do not like Minecraft in the slightest because if I wanted to play with blocks now I would go get a box of Legos.

Alli
July 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Call of Duty...I think that's what a lot of people can agree with, honestly haha. Especially when you consider how many people hate it anyway. But anyway, I've never gotten the appeal and I just think there are better FPS games out there. Though I'm not good at FPS games in general, but still.

Like, I realized it's a very good platformer, and I don't blame people for liking it at all. But to me, the horrible pacing, among other things, ruins the game. It's just so slow, and the shooting mechanics (which I also think is stupid) doesn't help. I actually saw a speed run of the game a while ago and it was STILL slow as hell so I didn't finish it. Normally to me good level design and good controls are the most important thing for a platformer, but Yoshi's Island (which has both) somehow prove me wrong. Pacing IS so important to me.

Although I really like Yoshi's Island, I definitely agree with this.

JayD
July 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Call of Duty and sports games. I just don't like CoD, very repetitive and not much improvement with each release.

Sports games, if I wanted to do sports, I'd go outside and play. Much more fun that way, anyways.

Tsutarja
July 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
For me, it's the Pikmin franchise of games.. I've never seen the point of those games, yet there are people out in the world I'm sure who like them. I've just found the Pikmin games to look a little childish.

ShiningLust
July 2nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
well mostly the only games that I don't like witch is all of the call of duty games and ALL sports games

Nil Nuane
July 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Borderlands. Well, I kind of like the gameplay, but the world seems so... dull to me. None of the atmosphere or excitement, of say, Metroid Prime or even Halo. A lot of my friends don't seem to mind though. ~_~

League of Legends. RTS's aren't my thing. I tried the game out but it just wasn't very fun to me. I almost wished I liked it, because a lot of my friends play it, but man, it just doesn't interest me at all.

And this might shock some people... but Super Mario Galaxy. I liked Super Mario 64, and Sunshine, but Galaxy... I just don't like the level design. Too linear for me, and I honestly don't really like the fact that every level had the same sphere planets. Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.

Team Fail
July 2nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
Mostly, the FPS genre in general. All of them, in my opinion, are the same thing. It's a war scenario, you're the hero, and you have to shoot everything that moves to get to your ultimate target.

Koishi Komeiji
July 2nd, 2013, 10:02 PM
I dislike CoD (Call of Duty) quite a bit, I find it really repetitive :( yet most of my friends on my PS3 play it..

Osiris
July 2nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
First person shooters and MMOs fall into this category for me, even though they're two of the most popular genres. Actually, first person games in general I find hard to enjoy, which would put games like Minecraft and Skyrim on my list, too. Something about the fake first person perspective never really appealed to me, as I've always found it had the opposite effect on me of trying to put you more into the game.

Hikamaru
July 2nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Like what most people said, Call of Duty. I don't get why it's so loved when in fact I have this thing against the FPS genre in general. What makes it even more egregious is that my brother is a fan of these games, so that really fuels my anti-FPS nature. Also, war scenes are no fun at all.

And also like what LilJz said, there's also very little new stuff with every new CoD game as well.

Curtis542
July 2nd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Like some of the people above said, all sports games. I don't see the appeal of pretending to do something you can do in real life, or even watching sports games. I love Call of Duty though, surprised to see so many people dislike it.

JayTheKing
July 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Oh i forgot about Yoshi's Island!I heard such good comments about it and when i played it i was like ''How is this any good?''
I like Yoshi but to an extent.I dont like the idea of swallowing every enemy on the field and have B.Mario on your back the entire time.

Believe it or not i only know 2 people who adore CoD and we are not actually friends.
I dont understand why is so exciting killing humans.I only like FPS that allow you to kill monsters and zombies not boring humans.

Freezer
July 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
^Oh god thank you for reminding me of Baby Mario. That's a BIG turn off for me. I'd rather a normal health system.

Also I just remembered about Fire Emblem: Awakening. I do love the Fire Emblem series, but the one game from it that I don't like is the one everyone is all on.

Actually, I don't don't like it, I HATE and DESPISE it.

Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.
That's...the point? :P

Though Galaxy honestly is all about the experience so I don't know where you're getting at.

R.F.
July 3rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
And also like what LilJz said, there's also very little new stuff with every new CoD game as well.
But the new game has a dog. A dog!

Games, I don't like:
- LoL (I gave this game MULTIPLE trys and I've never gotten into it)
- FPS (especially multiplayer (which means mostly every one of them)). Well, Duke Nukem 3D was kinda interesting, even though, I never finished it xD
- sports games: if you have the time and money to buy and play such a game you would be better off, actually leaving your house and do some real sports

Talli
July 3rd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Part from the CoD/Minecraft like people have posted...
I do not like Farmville as I find it a cheap man's Harvest moon without the Dating.

Actor
July 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
And this might shock some people... but Super Mario Galaxy. I liked Super Mario 64, and Sunshine, but Galaxy... I just don't like the level design. Too linear for me, and I honestly don't really like the fact that every level had the same sphere planets. Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.

YES YES YES I'M NOT ALONE. I always felt like this game was just too hollow for it's intergalactic theme and I missed the non-linear level design. And it also kickstarted the trend of Mario games relying on nostalgia rather than innovation to make their games.

I really don't like a lot of the 3DS games I've played. They either felt like lazy rehashes (Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7), had dumbed-down gameplay (Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity) or were just really poorly designed (Kid Icarus Uprising).

I disliked Uprising as the controls were terrible (no, I don't care about getting use to them, they are still imprecise and give me hand cramps), the writing was criminally unfunny and the gameplay was repetitive and felt like busywork.

Well, at least the 3DS has Animal Crossing New Leaf, Theatrythm and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, making it my go-to handheld system when my PSP Go isn't around. I like the 3DS, but I was not fufilled with may of it's titles.

tl;dr most first party 3DS titles and recent Mario titles.

Arc
July 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I do not enjoy this game at all. I got this game because many of my friends were telling me on how amazing this game was and how there so many positive reviews, so I bought it. I finished the game, but I was left with an overall bad experience. The game was boring, the combat was bland, the writing made me cringe, and a lot of the models in the game look visually unpleasant.

Nil Nuane
July 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
That's...the point? :P

Though Galaxy honestly is all about the experience so I don't know where you're getting at.

Eh, can you explain what you mean when you say Galaxy is all about "the experience"? Are 64 and Sunshine about "the experience" too?

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I can see why people love it actually. It's just not my personal favorite.

Well, actually, I can think of a good reason that detracts from my liking of the game. I'm not used to my 3d games being linear. I grew up with somewhat non-linear games like Super Mario 64, the Zelda 64 games, and Metroid Prime. I never really played the 2d mario games as a kid, and I never really enjoy them that much even when I played them later on.

TRIFORCE89
July 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Eh, can you explain what you mean when you say Galaxy is all about "the experience"? Are 64 and Sunshine about "the experience" too?

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I can see why people love it actually. It's just not my personal favorite.

Well, actually, I can think of a good reason that detracts from my liking of the game. I'm not used to my 3d games being linear. I grew up with somewhat non-linear games like Super Mario 64, the Zelda 64 games, and Metroid Prime. I never really played the 2d mario games as a kid, and I never really enjoy them that much even when I played them later on.
The Galaxy games and moreso Super Mario 3D Land are truer 3D representation of the 2D Mario games. 64 is a great, great game. But it and Sunshine were collectathon platformers, and while I adore that genre that is not what the 2D Mario games were. They were "linear", athletic, bouncy, obstacle courses. These Mario games from EAD Tokyo are more like the 2D Mario games than even the NSMB series is in terms of level design and physics.

If you were grew up in the height of Mario Mania like I did, or just have an appreciation for those kinds of games, you'd love the experience.

TreeKangaroo
July 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
CoD, the trolls on youtube, the trolls! And to be honest, other than OoT, I'm not a big fan of the Zelda series, idk, I never found them to be that interesting. Woo now I'm going to get flamed for having an opinion. Oh yes, and Yoshi's Island I hated baby Mario, and his swallowing enemies is kinda a rip-off of Kirby and I love those games. The only difference is that yoshi doesn't get abilities.

Dalekhater
July 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I didn't really like OoT because I got lost all the time.
Super Castlevania IV is something I don't really like either but people seem to adore; I'm much more of a Dawn of Sorrow guy.
I also don't like shooters that much besides TF2 and the Battlefront series, but those are special.

Purple Materia
July 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
League. Tried to really get into it but I just didn't like it.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I was good at it, but in the end I just don't feel like spending any time on it whatsoever.

Spartacus
July 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.

Sweets Witch
July 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.

If you don't like New Vegas then don't bother with 3 because they're really similar. You might like the older ones, though. They're a bit different.

As for me...I don't really like sports games. They're a lot more complicated than they let on to be and I just don't have the patience to learn everything that I'd need to learn in order to be decent at them.

Spartacus
July 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Ahh okay, cheers for telling me before I went of and purchased 3. I really want to like it, though...oh well.

As for me, I love sports game! It's probably because I play it and am competitive so that makes me like them I guess.

Darkrai Lv.1000
July 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I don't like the Call of Duty games, I think they're overrated. Also the trolls and 12 year olds online... can't stand it. And I hate the fact that a lot of people get mad at me because I don't like them, telling me things like "Stop plaiyng Pokemon! Yoo shood plae Call uv Dooty! Its a man'z gaim! Grow up!"

I'm not insulting all the people who play them, just the ones with that mentality.

I also don't like Mario Kart Wii. I enjoy all the others (except, in a "sort of" kind of way, 7), but the introduction of bikes made it a problem. They're responsible for a lot of cheap wins, and that's all everyone uses online as well, leading me to call it Mario Bike Wii.

I'm glad that they can't wheelie in Mario Kart 8. Gives everyone a fair chance. (Hopefully)

Aeon
July 11th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mario Kart Wii. It seriously punishes you for being skilled. I didn't have anything against the bikes, but making it more rigged than before really did it in for me...that and the god awful item 'balance.'

I also don't really like JRPGs. The more I play them, more often than not, the more I don't like them. The are exceptions, but they are of the few.

Also I understand that everyone seems to think Sonic Adventure 2 is the best game in the whole series, but after playing Generations I can't find myself to love it anymore.

Olli
July 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Most FPS games and war games in general, solely for the fact that I always get overly competitive, and together with the fact that I can't aim for life, it doesn't exactly make a good combination. I can say the same thing for a lot of sports games as well, most notably the Fifa franchise. I'm not exactly good at them, but I have friends who love them to death, and are overly bent on making me play them all the time, which'll eventually lead to me snapping ;D

I can't really think of any specific games that I don't enjoy which others do, as I'm honestly not one to play games I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy. I have several examples of games that I enjoy which others don't, but that's not exactly the question :p

T!M
July 12th, 2013, 03:00 AM
There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/

DataFile
July 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
For me, most Mega man games are annoying. Shooting enemies was fun, but sometimes it just feels that most stages are winnable only at first try, because of stupid 2nd ammo doesn`t refill after death and those freaking enemies respawn! :( Ironically in the first Mega man health and ammo items did respawn, and it is still my favorite in the entire series.
Ps. Mega man music is GREAT!

There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/

I think you mean that you hate Skyrim because it`s overrated.

lauerolus
July 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Other M. Everyone else that liked Metroid that I know dislikes it(with some valid reasons) but Other M hard mode, aside from Prime 1, is my favorite Metroid game now.

SupremeSeeker
July 12th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Call of Duty and sports games. I just don't like CoD, very repetitive and not much improvement with each release.

Sports games, if I wanted to do sports, I'd go outside and play. Much more fun that way, anyways.

Pretty much the same thought of my opinion in these games.

Atomic Pirate
July 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.

Squirrel
July 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Call of Duty! I've just never found the appeal in those games haha. They're so famous all over the world with practically everyone I know playing them, often to huge extents, and yet I can't stomach an hour of it. I just find it so dull and repetitive and the concept irks me - yet for some reason I'm perfectly fine with games like Borderlands or Halo haha. I should give it another try some time, but so far it's not a game I've liked one bit.

Morkula
July 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Call of Duty is the biggest poster child of what is wrong with the industry today, yet it sells millions. I've played a few of them and honestly just don't like them that much. I don't mind shooters, but they have to do something different for me to take an interest in them.

I've also never really cared for fighting games (in general...even Smash Bros. to an extent). Also could never really get into Oblivion - it's too massive and gives too much freedom for my taste - but I want to try to get into it again eventually. Skyrim does look awesome but I won't get it because I didn't like Oblivion.

Lanayru
July 15th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Many people may hate me for this, but my answer is Skyrim. It would have been cool, if for the first few months my brother didn't put me off with naked Norks and killing creatures because he was bored. Plus I don't like the gameplay. :I

Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.

D: Okay, you must be completely INSANE to have posted this, unless you're joking. ...You are joking, right? I mean, how can anyone on the planet dislike Zelda? Skyward Sword is like, my favourite game!

I can't believe the words you put into your post about Final Fantasy VII. I mean... how could you? And FYI, Cloud is NOT emo! Do you understand all that has happened to him? Imagine how it would be if you were in his place, your closest friends were murdered and everyone called you emo? He just comes off arrogant and cocky in the beginning, is all. Besides, I find that sexy in a guy. - /) -

Callīope
July 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Call of Duty, Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.

They're all so popular, but I just can't get into them. I've played a bit of all of them, and maybe I just need to play more, but I don't feel like missing anything from life without them. I've heard people go on about them (each game within the franchises), and I'm not all that curious about them. CoD isn't my cup of tea, and I'm not into scifi much, which is the entirety of Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.. I love fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, which is closely tied, but I can't get myself to play through much of FF game without growing bored of it.

Mr. X
July 15th, 2013, 11:15 PM
EA Sports *insert sport here* 20whatever, The Sims, Skyrim.

EA Sports is pretty much a yearly rehash - Just update the playerlists, change the year on the box, and you've got something that suckers nationwide will buy.

Sims 3 is... boring. Very boring. So boring that if I had to chose between spending a hour playing it or watching paint dry I'd go with the paint.

Skyrim is meh. I never liked it, and I still haven't figured out why either. I had a few hours worth of amusement going around as the Emperor but after that, nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There were a couple of mods that got my attention, looked real intresting, but they are pretty much abandoned.

Mana
July 16th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Skyrim - far too open and seriously unpolished (I mean, think back to the opening where there were glitches EVERYWHERE). Also, I really like Dragon's Dogma, which is pretty much a better version of Skyrim.

FF13 - I am an avid Final Fantasy fan, but this game hurt. In some respects, the sequel was actually better. The characters are uninspired, the gameplay was dull and the 'summons' were disappointing.

Kingdom Hearts - I hate the meshing of un-related universes. Considering all FFs are separate (with some theoretical exceptions), and disney universes are separate... it just doesn't work. Severely overrated imo.

Also most FPS, but mainly because I suck at them :<

PixelWarrior
July 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Definitely going to be League of Legends for me. My brother loves it, and I mean absolutely adores it in a way that it takes up most of his life. He watches videos on it 24/7 and aspires to become a pro. Now, I'm hoping that he enjoys the game to its full extent and all, but I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

The characters were visually amazing, actually. I loved the variety and the skin selection in the game, but I was dissapointed to see the actual gameplay. For such good character creation and development, they threw that all away with the horrible playing perspective. The characters details and features are barely visible on the board-game like field and are shrunk by a large margin. On top of that, in ranked matches when it gets to the intense parts of the game and attacks start flying, the small characters shooting their attacks while scrunched together creates a very crowded and ugly looking screen filled with skills and other glowing, flying junk. I tried, but LoL is just not for me.

Shrew
July 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
-Pretty much every FPS. I've never gotten into FPS's.
-LoL and other MMORPGs.
-Animal Crossing. I tried it, and it still surprises me today, when all my friends are asking me if I got New Leaf, how much I didn't like the series.

Epickid
July 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
I don't like Halo or God of War, and everybody seems to really enjoy those games.

Ckbruin
July 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Halo is a franchise I can't get into. (but I do play CoD and a lot of other shooters so I doubt it's the FPS aspect) MOBAs, such as League of Legends and Dota 2, are not in my book, as well as some RTS games. Skyrim is a specific game that I didn't play because it was overrated. And to end my list off, sports games (i.e. NBA, EA Sports, etc. etc.) never appealed to me in the first place.

Mr Cat Dog
July 23rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
Most shooting games and J-RPGs, irrespective of their perceived quality, are games that I just can't get passed. I understand why they have their fans, but the fundamental principles of how to play the game and the story structure and many of the gameplay elements themselves just don't sit well with me whenever I'm playing. I don't think that many of them are terrible or anything, I just chalk it up to "not for me".

ShadowE
July 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Even tho it has been mentioned a lot. I honestly dont like CoD in fact, i hate it.
I got the game, played for some weeks and then quitted of all the little kids that scream a lot... God this is why i prefer Borderlands over any other FPS (Far Cry 3 being a exception).

The countless invites i got from almost all my friends made me just go on a deleting spree. Maybe thats why my friends list is kinda small xD
Also if i say i dont wanna play the game they instantly insult me from being a coward or a idiot for not playing it.

Xela
July 23rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Definitely sports games. A lot of my friends at school play stuff like FIFA and NBA and I find myself unable to get into it. It's just that one genre of video games that I know I won't be able to enjoy.

HaiImNate
July 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I really didn't like the Super Mario Galaxies, but most fans seemed to enjoy them. I just didn't like the space theme of it all I guess.

Oshamaru
July 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Sports games. I think video games are supposed to let you do stuff that is impossible to do in real life. Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?

Yoshi's Island. It's a bit interesting, but I'd rather play a normal Mario game.

Platformer Mario games. I like some of them, but I prefer the spin-off games a lot more.

Zelda. I've played some of the games, and they're fun and interesting, but I never got that much into the series.

Spartacus
July 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I went to my friends' house the other day to play Portal 2. I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why people really enjoy it, but it's not one of my games. I asked my friend why he found it fun and he explained it but I still, no matter how much I tried, couldn't like the game. After 2 hours, I simply placed the controller on the floor and asked to play another game.

xxkaylabby
July 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
i think that would be Pikmin. i haven't really played it, it just looks weird. lol

blaziken25
July 29th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I don't like CoD and Halo is a bit bland too. I don't like games where all you do is shoot-shoot-shoot. I think most FPS games have the same basic storyline to be honest.

Mr. Magius
July 29th, 2013, 06:29 AM
For me it would be Minecraft...I mean, I DID enjoy the single player game to some extent but it got tedious for me to play after awhile.

OH, and sports games! I've never enjoyed any of the soccer, football, and hockey (among other) games. I'd much prefer to be playing as a guy with magical superhuman powers with nonexistent creatures by my side... Although I don't mind playing sports games with friends, I can't sit there alone and play one without ripping my eyes out.

ƒin
July 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
There's quite a few of these, and I hate to admit it a lot of the time. One big one recently was Skyward Sword, it's not that I didn't enjoy it per-se, I just didn't love it as much as other games in the Zelda series. For me, I enjoyed the LoZ games which added a sense of exploration and discovery such as Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker. Each of those games allowed you to freely roam a larger expanse of areas. Within Skyward Sword, you're pretty much limited to the sky, which incidentally, does not actually have a whole lot to see and do. It did bother me that the entire game only really had one town to visit, which hampered the diversity for me. Amazing gameplay and dungeons, as well as story-telling, but thanks to the lack of exploration, the replay factor died a bit for me, and it rendered the post-game redundant as there was pretty much nothing to do.

World of Warcraft, and almost any MMO, bother me. While I love Western RPG's, and RPG's in general, I find MMO's to just really lack storyline and consistency. Quest systems have so much potential, but I've found these games to lack drive and strong design. The same goes for any top-down MMO's, I simply cannot stand games such as League of Legends and Diablo 3.

Mass Effect is another game I struggle to get to terms with, while the series has some of the highest rated games of all time, I have yet to enjoy it much. I find the setting to be overly sci-fi and I suppose that's not a genre that interests me too highly. In saying that, I did pick up the first Mass Effect for 99c, so I might give it another go. I do love my RPG's as I've said before, and while Mass Effect is intended to be one of the finest in existence, I'm struggling to relate to it.

A big one is Dishonored. People have been giving this game massive praise, but I found it to be really badly polished. The start of the game did nothing to engage me, and I feel that if a game can't get you to be engaged within the first hour, it's already failed on you. I know a lot of people enjoy this game, and it does have a lot of positive points about it, I felt it did lack the strength to grab me in and make me want to keep pushing. I never made it to my second hour.

Assassins Creed 3. I love this series, it has some extremely strong points, and I would consider myself very faithful to it. However, the only thing I really enjoyed about this game was the online multiplayer. While it did look great, I found it to be a really buggy and unfinished game, which again, lacked a lot of finesse. It's one I'm almost finished, but find myself struggling to do so. I feel that Ubisoft are certainly cashing in big time, even with AC4, they knew that the most fun thing about AC3 were the ships, so they're making a game where you're a pirate. I'm beginning to lose faith in Ubisoft, so I hope they take more time to polish this one, which is doubtful given the release date.

There's quite a few, and I know my opinions would easily come under fire for them. But alas, we all have our guilty hates.

Keizaal
July 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Sports games, Call of Duty, Halo. Also, Dead Island. I got the game because my friend said it was great but it was really hard to get into, the game is really hard. The fact that your weapons break after about 10 hits and you have a horde of zombies chasing you while your unarmed is annoying. I played it three times and gave up. The controls are weird and the map system is confusing and the zombies are way too overpowered, especially with your weak weapons.

EDIT:
A big one is Dishonored. People have been giving this game massive praise, but I found it to be really badly polished. The start of the game did nothing to engage me, and I feel that if a game can't get you to be engaged within the first hour, it's already failed on you. I know a lot of people enjoy this game, and it does have a lot of positive points about it, I felt it did lack the strength to grab me in and make me want to keep pushing. I never made it to my second hour.

I quite liked Dishonored, but the replay value is low. You'd probably only want to replay it a second time for the different ending. (High Chaos, Low Chaos)

Infinite Latios
July 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Only one that comes to mind is Majora's Mask. I just didn't like it as much as the other Zelda games.

New Eden
July 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm actually not a fan of Zelda as a whole. The only one that actually ever caught my attention was Four Swords (GameCube) with multiplayer. That's pretty much it. I tried giving OoT a chance when it hit VC since everyone was raging over it, but honestly I didn't enjoy it, in fact the more I played it the less I liked it. Same goes for Twilight Princess. As a result I never bothered with Skyward Sword nor Wind Waker.

Also I'm not a fan of Colosseum/XD games. I just got bored with them super quick. I even didn't get halfway through XD.

...and also I still don't know whether or not I like Super Mario Sunshine.