PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what's up everyone?

Nil Nuane
July 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Hello everyone, I'm Nil Nuane. I'm a pretty big fan of the pokemon video games, I've been playing them since pokemon sapphire in 2003. I'm currently very hyped about pokemon x&y, definitely getting it on release day! Yveltal ftw! ;)

Onto pokemon. Murkrow is my favorite pokemon, and dark is my favorite type. For fun, I like to do challenge runs, like Nuzlocks, mono type runs, underleveled runs, etc. I sometimes play competitively even though I'm not the best competitive player. Feel free to send me a battle request if you want to battle me though, I'm usually up for one.

Other than pokemon, I like listening to music (rock&electronic music mostly), reading books (science fiction&fantasy mainly), and occasionally I like to delve into serious stuff like philosophy and politics. But I'm generally a very friendly person, feel free to hit me up for a friend request if you want someone to talk to.

That's about it, hope I have a good time on the forums!

Sheep
July 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
I really love how diverse of a person you are. :3 You've got a ton of interests that'll really make your time here more enjoyable. That's pretty great. Welcome to PC, Nil Nuane!

Ahh Xerneas is my personal choice so I'm going to get X. They're both awesome legendaries though.. and this time around my boyfriend can finally start buying the games too, so we plan on getting opposite versions. Be sure to post around the X & Y (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256) board to let us know your opinion on the different aspects of the games - it's definitely worthwhile given how much there is to talk about. It always seems to die down a tiny bit when the hype over new news is gone, but we'd love having more faces around there. :D ...and since you're a challenges fan, there's also the Challenges (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202) board to explore anytime! I really like monotype and monocolor. My last challenge was the monotype challenge in Silver, I think, and I used normal types. I'll probably do fourth or fifth generation challenges next time since I've never done one in those games.

As for competitive battling.. it's really fun, isn't it? It's especially fun when you battle without worrying about EVs, IVs, and perfect hold items. Though IV and EVing gives you plenty to do post-story, baha. Battling overall is really fun and I always enjoy a good randbat every once in a while. Pokemon Showdown's great!

Before I end this post I'll leave one last suggestion of the General Entertainment (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) board for you, though, given that you like music and books. Both topics are covered in that board so you're probably going to enjoy that (hopefully). You can also discuss anime, movies, and TV shows there, so it's a pretty diverse part of the site. Great to hear you're so friendly as people like those are more than welcome here. We love all you new peeps so keep on logging back in and all that good stuff!

Have an awesome time here, all right? Pleasure meeting you! :3

Terabyte
July 2nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hey there Nil Nuane, welcome to PC!

Cirno explained the general gist of things, but I wanted to welcome you personally! You'll love it here at PC, and just take your time to browse around! You could post as much or as little as you want, and post whever you want as well!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate in asking anybody on staff! They'd be more than happy to help you! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

Hikamaru
July 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hello Nil and welcome!

Cirno basically explained all the sections you may have an interest in, I'm looking forward to X & Y myself so I do hope to see you around the X & Y board here and contribute to all that ongoing speculation. Any thoughts on the starter you're choosing? I'll probably go with Froakie but Chespin looks adorable too!

And since I heard you love Dark-type Pokemon, you should join our Dark-type club (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7721847#post7721847) in Pokemon Clubs, it's run by one of my BFFs, the lovely AWsquared so you'll know that it's a really fun club. I do hope to see you around there, since it's one of the sections I regularly visit. PC has loads of variety so you'll love the forum a lot.

Have a great time at PC, and remember to ask Cirno or another moderator if you have questions! I'm also happy to talk to you anytime if you need a new friend.

- Hikari10

Nil Nuane
July 2nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
@Cirno, thanks, I'll definitely check out those boards you mentioned. :)

@ZachLMedia, Yeah, I'll definitely post around here and there.

@Hikari10, I'm thinking of choosing Chespin. I usually like the grass type starter the best. And I might visit the dark type club, sounds pretty fun.

Kouzan
July 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hello Nil Nuane! Welcome to PC! :)

You seem seem very unique and diverse and that's very good. We have alot of unique users here and accept anyone. We're a friendly community, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get a several friend requests during your time here. I'll send you one as soon as I'm done with this. :) Ah yes I'm excited for X and Y as well. Yveltal for the win! He's my favorite of the two legendaries this time and is the reason I'm going with Y myself. All of the other Pokemon revealed so far look cool too and so does the entire game so far. I'm loving the graphics the most cause they're so beautiful. As already suggested, try the X and Y section if you want to discuss on the games.

As Hikari said, since Dark types are your favorite, you should join us in the Dark type club! It's a really fun club and we're always discussing something and you can have Murkrow as your partner there. So pleas join us sometimes. :) I think clubs are a great way to fit in here and make friends so consider joining a few. I also suggest the boards, Cirno mentioned, but also suggest Discussions & Debates (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39) if you like being into politics at times. All of the boards here are great here so look around a bit. :)

I hope you enjoy it here and have fun. See you around!