PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Newbie :(

jcl
July 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hi guys! I joined because I was looking for beta testers for my game. I figured that this would be the best place because of how active the community is here. However, I am unable to make a thread about my game until I rack up 15 posts... I don't really want to go around spamming threads, and I'm not exactly conversational. Perhaps someone can help me come up with 15 posts? xD We can have a nice chit-chat on this thread here. It would also be nice to make new friends. I'm kind of a loner. :'(

awolfsquared
July 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hello there, welcome! You don't seem like a loner to me. I'll be your friend. :)

Yeah you need 15 posts to post URLs here. Sorry that's how it is. But it's fine if you not really chatty. Not everyone here is, especially when you're new. I wasn't exactly into chatting when I first joined, but eventually after posting around here a lot , I meet people and started talking more and became more open. It's really not too hard to make 15 posts here. PC has lots of diversity here for a Pokemon forum with a lot of off-topic boards. Most threads here don't really delve into much conversation. For example, a lot of thread in Chit-Chat and Polls (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23) , are just simple mundane questions that only usually require one post to them.

I wouldn't mind chatting with for a bit. There's bound to be other people who post here and of course you can respond to them too! To make it easier to chat with you, can you tell em more about yourself? What do you like to do for example? What got you into Pokemon? Is there anything about Pokemon you like the most? The games? Anime? Trading card game? Are you excited for Pokemon X and Y? Yeah I think that's enough questions lol. ^_^

Well I wish you luck, especially with your game your developing. I'm assuming you found the Rom Hacking forum , if not it can be found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156). I hope you can find all you need to make your game awesome. And I hope you can eventually open up your shell and enjoy yourself here! Don't be afraid to ask questions either, the moderators here are nice and will help you with almost anything you may need. I hope to see you around JCL!

jcl
July 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I was into Pokemon ever since I was a child. Yeah, I'm a 90's kid. I used to play the game all the time with my friends. I like to roleplay Pokemon as well, and I used to draw comics about them. But now I'm just focusing on developing my programming and design skills, because I'm in college now and need to improve my portfolio and apply for internships.

The game I'm making right now is a dress up game where you can customize your own Pokemon trainer. It's almost complete, but there are a couple of bugs and errors in it and I can't find them all by myself so I need people to help. ^_^; Once I reach 15 posts I'll make a thread about it in the game development sub-forum.

awolfsquared
July 9th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Sorry for replying late! Ah!

Oh ok cool. Well it seems you already have 15 posts so that's good! Wasn't hard at all was it? I'm a 90s kid as well! Born in 92 and remember things like the macarena, Furbies, Tamagotchi, Pinky and the Brain, Doug, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Recess, Hey Arnold, all those old shows. I remember when dial-up was the only way to connect to the internet , and that you weren't allowed to use the phone if someone was online. I remember in the 90s first discovering Pokemon as a kid and play all my Red version all the time. I got caught one time bringing my Gameboy Color to school. XD I used to trade and battle with friends all the time too. Yeah the 90s were such a good times.

I used to roleplay all the time on Gaiaonline's forums. I have to admit though, I wasn't good at it. lol While we don't have a section just for Pokemon roleplays, there is the Roleplay Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18). you might ahve already looked and posted there, but there's some Pokemon roleplays there. The game sounds really cute and it seems you have 15 posts so go nuts and post it! Good luck with the game by the way. :)

Sheep
July 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Awww, it's tough for some people to rack up enough posts sometimes, especially if they're shy. But I really, really encourage you to just poke around our boards and find some threads that interest you. :D There are so many different kinds of people here, old and new, shy and outgoing, so you really won't have a problem settling in. You remind me somewhat of myself when I rejoined in September 2011; I wasn't very talkative and looked at my posts five times over before posting to make sure they sounded okay. But soon after I realized how friendly this community was and settled in easily.

And if you're looking for friends, I'm always around! AWsquared is a very nice guy himself. It's wonderful that you've already hit 15 posts and hopefully you continue to post around for a long while to come. :) Welcome to the forum! Apologies for the late post! I was at work when you made this thread so I probably came home very tired and couldn't reply earlier.

How's the beta testing/programming going? Hopefully all is well, we have some very talented programmers around the community. They're always around to assist members, especially if they're as nice as you are. :D; I'm.. not knowledgeable on this topic at all so I can't help, but PC is a very creative community so there will always be someone. A dress-up game sounds adorable and I cannot wait to have something like that to play! Seen one game like that on deviantART; they're such a pleasure to play. Keep me updated if you like, I'd love to know your progress and perhaps we can even become friends in the process. I'm always here to lend a hand if needed. We have boards for pretty much everything here, roleplaying and art included, so I'll be crossing my fingers that this becomes your new forum home.

Have an amazing time, jcl! Hope to see you around! Leave me a message anytime and feel free to ask a moderator if you have questions.

Hikamaru
July 11th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi, and welcome to PC!

I'm sorry if I missed your intro since it looks pretty good. We had loads of newbies join in the past days so I couldn't get around to everyone, but yeah we have some friendly people here like those above me. And reaching 15 posts without spamming is easy given the diversity of topics PC has. Like what the others said, the Roleplay Corner and Emulation & ROM Hacking sections might be good places for you to check out. The entire creative board (in which those two sections are housed in) is pretty fun in general, but we also have the various Pokemon topics and also off-topic stuff.

I do hope your game is getting along well, but are you excited for Pokemon X & Y as well? The topics are really awesome and the games look like they're giving us a lot of new features and also the new Fairy-type is something I'm looking forward to. I do hope the full list of Fairy's weaknesses and resistances are finally revealed because I might try and give it a shot. But yeah have a great time at PC and if you need help just ask a moderator, and I'm always happy to talk anytime!

- Hikari10

Cordelia
July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Welcome to PC! It's a wonderful place where you should make lots of friends and expand on your interests, which is what I did. The first 15 can be difficult, but it looks like you got it, so congratulations! I hope to see you around~

Captain Fabio
July 12th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Be a loner no more!
Welcome to PC. If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask myself or any of the staff members on the board. I see you have gone over 15 posts now, so hope your game post is going well! :)

-Fabio

jcl
July 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. ^^ One thing that shocked me the most about this forum is that I found someone who's going to my school here! xD So I guess I found a potential IRL friend.

If you want to check out my game, you can do so on this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304511
Still in need of beta testers + suggestions. :)

And I can tell that there are a lot of aspiring programmers here as well. I wonder if anyone here is adept at Actionscript 3? I might need a little help considering I no longer talk to the person who was originally helping me. :(

Honest
July 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Fashionably late, but who cares about that? You're going to college with me! 8D

Don't think I ever properly said it, but welcome to the forums jcl. This place has a lot of really nice people, and you'll fit in, no doubt. Kinda insane that we're gonna be taking the same Psych class, so hopefully you and I become good friends. =D

Welcome again, enjoy your stay, and lastly, thanks for the help you've given me means a lot. :3