PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Signature Separator always left

Apotheosis
July 12th, 2013, 01:59 AM
I have my signature separator set to "none" in the options. When I make a new post, it is invisible at first. But when I refresh the page, it turns up to the left, as standard. I'm just wondering why.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/gardenstates/1_zpsfd58fbc4.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/gardenstates/2_zpsc676c26c.jpg

Mana
July 12th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I have mine set to 'middle', have the same problem: looks fine when posting, refresh the page and it's on the left instead.

seeker
July 12th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Can I ask what style you're using? A lot of styles don't have the latest plugins and additions.

Mana
July 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I am using Modern.

#praisenick

Tsutarja
July 12th, 2013, 05:47 AM
I'm using Chromatic, and whenever I set the separator to the right, it stays on the left, and even after making new posts, to further showcase this problem.

EDIT: weird it's to the right after this post, but it wasn't when I posted elsewhere a moment ago O_o
EDIT #2: after editing it shifted back over to the left (sorry for the edits lol this is my last)

Apotheosis
July 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
PC's extrafeatures be cray

Can I ask what style you're using? A lot of styles don't have the latest plugins and additions.
I'm using Forever Standing. But if this can be related to things like the like button not working, I have tried other skins and the like button doesn't work anywhere for me. I haven't tried different skins for the sig separator thing though. Can do that.

EDIT: okay, with REBOOT skin, the sig separator immediately goes to the left, without even being gone (as I've set it to be) before I refresh.

seeker
July 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
That's a skin issue then, try something like Route 167, where most features seem to work. It depends on whether relevant parts of the templates have been edited within a style, by the creator. It just means the relevant ones in which are missing the features need to be edited,

Elaitenstile
July 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM
This happens to me too. However, when I "quick reply" the separator seems to obey me.

#thisisatestinroute167

Apotheosis
July 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
testing...

Tried liking a post on Route 167 - it did not work still. I'm quick replying now and we'll see what happens with the sig separator.

EDIT: okay, it works (invisible) on Route 167 when I've just posted. Just like on any other skin.
EDIT2: aaand right when I've edited, the signature separator is back on the left.

Conclusion: it's not a skin problem.

EDIT3: huh, when I click on Go advanced instead of just making a quick reply, the separator doesn't obey me at all and comes to the left immediately. Test run finished!

Ausaudriel
July 13th, 2013, 02:45 AM
It's funny because I never actually finished coding that feature. Someone noticed that I had started it and posted it in the quick updates thread before it was done, haha.

I guess it's my fault because I didn't write, like, "beta" on it or anything. 8(

I'll take a look later.