PDA

View Full Version : Meet me!

Shangahyando
July 12th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hello!
I'm rather grumpy 15-years-old guy with no real life and no friends, spending all days at home. I joined because I want to chat about my childhood's passion here and I had nothing else to do with my life.
Some stuffs about me:
- I'm from Poland
- I didn't and don't have any console (no money) so I only could play pokemon games on emulators
- Pokemon was my favourite cartoon (wait, it's actually anime) in the childhood
- In free time I enjoy listening to Finnish metal bands and trying to find time to learn Finnish language
- I'm addicted to computer, phone, TV and basically everything that has a screen
- I'm not religous
- My favourite games are "King's Bounty" and "Drakensang" series
- I hate pokemon h
- My favourite pokemons are scizor, blastoise, gardevoir and arcanine
I hope I'll spend some nice time at this forum.

Major Ziggs
July 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM
You seem cheerful ;D

Hi Shangahyando, welcome to the forum! Which is your favourite Pokémon game that you've played? And why do you like those Pokémon so much? They all seem like quite fierce/angry Pokémon (bar Gardevoir which is just adorable) which fits well with your love of metal, so I can kind of see that working for you haha. And how did you first get interested in the Pokémon franchise? :)

If you've got a certain aspect of Pokémon that you'd like to discuss then just say and we'll point you in the right direction, or otherwise I'm sure you'll be able to explore the forum and find yourself a home quickly. Remember to read the site's rules and talk to any staff member (that's us in blue!) if you need any help or just want a conversation; we don't bite. :D

Hope to see you around!

SomaQL
July 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Studies done on the subject show that healthy interactions on forums (debating, not arguing :D) is actually a very good way to improve or create social skills, just so you know.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, If you're interested in online battling, we use a simulator called pokemon showdown that can be found here: pokemonshowdown.com (we're the pokecommunity server in the left/middle of the page). www.smogon.com has an excellent database on how to play competitive pokemon, and even use each one in competitive play.

You seem like a rowdy fella, so the Battle Center should be a perfect section of the forums for you, as well as te Off-topic Discussions forum to help you find more finnish metal (I personally like Maisen & Dragen, an EDM Duo from Finland).

Hikamaru
July 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Hello there and welcome to PC!

Sorry if I missed your introduction since it looks really good and detailed, we had loads of newbies join in the last few days but at least I finally came here. Like what Ozzy said, is there any reason as to why you joined PC? Some people join for hacks, others for competitive battling and maybe even discussing the Pokemon games. Since I heard you love music, I may suggest the General Entertainment (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) section for you.

And what's it like over in Poland? It looks like a really cool country from what I know, I'm Australian so you'll notice how different everyone on PC is culture-wise. You'll meet people from all over the world and maybe even make new friends along the way. Remember to read the rules since some newbies get into trouble by not reading the rules, and I do hope you read them because getting into trouble isn't fun. We also have very helpful staff members here, like our little squirrel Ozzy over there. They aren't too hard to spot so you're sure to get the help you need.

I do hope you enjoy your time at PC, nice meeting you dude!

- Hikari10

Green Stache
July 14th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hey mate, welcome. :)
I'm new here too, and already enjoying the place, so I hope you do too! I'm also a fan of metal, although I'm from Australia so haven't heard much of what the Finnish have made. I use emulators too, due to also not having much money, I have a Gameboy though and ps1, but those games are hard to come by now.
Anyway yeah, welcome to.. Place.. haha. :)

AWsquared
July 15th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Hello! Nice to meet you too! Welcome to PC!

You seem like a very approachable person rather than grumpy. You put a lot of detail into your intro , but why not tell us more so we can point you in the right direction? What got you into Pokemon? Is there anything in particular that you like about Pokemon? Say like how about the anime? Or the maybe just the games? Or how about the manga or even the trading card game? Like Hikari said, we have all sorts of kinds of Pokemon fans here. Those are some really cool favorite Pokemon by the way, especially Scizor. :D One place I can definitely recommend right away is General Entertainment, like Hikari mentioned. And also our Video Games (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) (who just got a cool new moderator, Miss Doronjo!) section since you seem to be a gamer. There's discussions for PC games as well as all sorts of video games there.

It's good to hear you're willing to chat with people here. There's not a lot of people from Poland here but that shouldn't matter cause you can get along with just about anyone from all over the world here! We have many friendly members so don't be shy to chat with people. This includes me, you can send me a message on my profile (also known as visitor's message or VM) and we can talk anytime you'd like! The staff member are nice as well so if you have any questions or concerns, you can just ask them. They will gladly answer you. Poland seems nice by the way. What's it like there? It look beautiful from pictures!

Well , anyway, I hope you do enjoy your stay here. Have fun and I hope to see you around!