PDA

View Full Version : "Oh, that's my favorite song!"

Noah Ridgewood
July 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
My favorite song changes all the time. So, what's your current favorite song?

Mine's Grouplove - Spun

2iyrGrNmdDw

You don't really have to explain why. Sometimes we like songs (or they are our favorites) for no real rhyme or reason.

Alli
July 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
My favorite song is Arizona by Kings of Leon. It was the first song I heard by them, recommended by my best friend. They're my favorite band and the song has a lot of personal meaning to me. Not only that, but it's absolutely beautiful. A close second is Fix You by Coldplay, which lol I just changed my sig to have lyrics from it in there. But yeah. That's been a favorite since I was in early high school when it came out. Still haven't gotten tired of it after all these years.

ShadowE
July 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
My fave song is Open Window by MitiS ft. Anna Yvette, as this song... its... its just amazing in my opinion. I love the lyrics (which is why i have one of em in my... what's it called again... user status? I love Anna Yvette's voice and together with the song... amazing.

Wobbu
July 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hmm, I can never have just one favorite song. There's usually three or four at a time that float around in my head all day, but I guess the one that's been floating the most would be Drakkar Noir by Phoenix.

thefallendetective
July 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Right now my favourite song is Guren no Yumiya by Linked Horizon! It's the first OP
of the anime Shingeki no Kyojin and my favourite part like most other people is...

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN NO WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!

t6sb8_4cWrM

Sanguine
July 13th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Favourites are fleeting in my case, but for now, I'm in love with this track.

I think that it's the piano sections that I've grown to adore :3

ERSQP1blt5M

Darkroman
July 14th, 2013, 02:55 AM
This was my favorite song for a while. Not sure why, but it just sounded so beautiful to me.

ygXD4igA7ME

Purple Materia
July 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Second Story by ClariS. I can't find any videos of it but man, it's such a good song. So adorable!

ElectaTHUGG
July 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM
right na i gotta say its Starships & Rockets by 8Ball & MJG

**** so groovy

Poke Fox
July 14th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Megadeth's "Mechanix" for a few weeks now its been my favorite song, it will be for a few more weeks too!! Its an old favorite of mine from 1985. Its tied in first place with my other favorite Megadeth song, the cover of "These Boots"

rAuYaeQjBXc
8AsfR8JN_NQ

Green Stache
July 14th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I don't really have a favourite song, but my favourite bands would have to be Reel Big Fish, Green Day, Blink 182 and Red Hot Chili Peppers. <3

Hannah
July 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
eAfyFTzZDMM

I am beautiful, no matter what they say.
Words can't bring me down.
I am beautiful, in every single way.
Yes, words can't bring me down.
Oh, no. So don't you bring me down today.

This matches Christina Aguilera's voice perfectly. I can't explain how much I like this song.

François
July 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Ko-OSFvndng

A truly inspirational song.

LORD ANTE
July 15th, 2013, 09:44 PM
My favorite song changes a lot but ever since AWsquared introduced me to Capital Cities, my focus has been on them, especially Safe and Sound. I listen to it when I wake up, when I'm in the shower, while I'm eating, while I'm walking/running... well, maybe not that much, but it does pop up on my Youtube and iTunes a lot! It's really nice and its beat is addictive and aaa.

SomaQL
July 16th, 2013, 12:39 PM
lTx3G6h2xyA

Madeon - Pop Culture
Hailed as "The Next Deadmau5," French artist Madeon has always held a special place in my heart as having an utterly unique sound (demonstrated in his song "Finale"), as well as being able to remix on an absolutely divine level ("Pendulum - The Island (Madeon Remix)" and "The Killers - Smile like you Mean it (Madeon Remix)"). I've always felt that hewas destined for greatness, and his efforts are finally paying off.

droomph
July 17th, 2013, 09:26 PM
GdJTqXLjLj8

I don't even know why x]

This may be racist, but I find "black" voices to be really soothing…all of them make me feel really good. I'm horrible.

Logiedan
July 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM
0kdRubxK_w0

EDM all the way! And yeah, my favourite song changes a lot as well, it can change genres to from Earth, Wind and Fire to EDM songs.

Esper
July 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Is it just me or are a lot of videos on this page only showing up as the random characters in youtube urls? Anyway.

Cosmic Love by Florence + the Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EIeUlvHAiM)

I can never have one favorite song, but today this song came up and I had to listen to it again. I love this song, its intensity and the imagery. It's dark without being bleak or crass. It's a love song without being sappy. It's just amazing.

Sableye~
July 27th, 2013, 03:44 PM
"You're Going Down" - Sick Puppies
I just re-found this song recently and <3

이큐리
July 29th, 2013, 04:57 AM
I mostly listen to Asian music, but I didn't want to just post an Asian song because I know not everyone listens to that.
So here are two songs.

My current favorite English song would be:
ziBWIwaNykY

My current favorite Asian song would be:
VvdUwZJlWpU

Digimon Kaiser
August 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Probably.... Snuff by Slipknot. It's a very heartfelt song one wouldn't normally associate with a band known for screaming and swearing.

Talli
August 4th, 2013, 04:50 AM
my favorite song right now is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1E_9ZncmQ
I know it's old but Carmel's Carmelldansen is still catchy.

TrainerJacob
August 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I have a bunch of favorites, but currently my favorite is, Cartoons: Witch Doctor.
It's catchy, goofy and I've loved it since Middle School.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAhL6aaxlPQ

DarkfoolDave
August 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
My favorite song is Unbound(The Wild Ride) by Avenged Sevenfold. I love the ascending/descending piano runs, haha.

watch?v=QTWyVcSUIXU

Chalifoux
August 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I'd have to say it's Young the Giant's "Cough Syrup" because of the soft rhythms that soon switch into awesome guitars and the strong message it carries and how sad it is *sobs*

UAsTlnjvetI

Mr Cat Dog
August 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm a sucker for theme and variations in music, and Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" takes the concept and runs with it for over 7 glorious minutes. I could listen to it all day and still find new things in it, it's that stuffed with goodness! :D

WbrjRKB586s

Knor
August 7th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Probably.... Snuff by Slipknot. It's a very heartfelt song one wouldn't normally associate with a band known for screaming and swearing.

I'm liking this one right now, too. Certainly a change of pace, considering their other stuff...

I'm also really liking Follow Me by Muse. I'm a huge Muse fan, and this song is the one I've been listening to a lot of lately.

Nakala Pri
August 11th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Planets by Short Stack. Seriously, it is such a great song and the lyrics are still planted in my head. :D

Peitharchia
August 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Just like most of you, my favorite song changes from time to time. Right now, One by Metallica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgGTTtR0kc) is my favorite. The solos in this song are amazing, the bass is calm, the vocals are great, and the drumming is beautiful. This song defines the trash metal genre, in my opinion. I end up listening to it five or six times every day. Maybe more, haha.

Shizzable
August 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Hmm, this is kinda difficult. I guess my Favorite song at the moment is The Stranger by Billy Joel. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlvPoDU5LY)

LORD ANTE
August 12th, 2013, 05:46 PM
My favorite song has radically shifted to Clarity by Zedd. I think it's been out for awhile, but I only recently stumbled upon it and I'm really hooked. Of course, I've been overplaying it for going on three days now so I'll end up getting exhausted, but I'm in love with the vocals of the female singer in the song and it's just... so great!

Hikamaru
August 14th, 2013, 04:19 AM
My favorite song has radically shifted to Clarity by Zedd. I think it's been out for awhile, but I only recently stumbled upon it and I'm really hooked. Of course, I've been overplaying it for going on three days now so I'll end up getting exhausted, but I'm in love with the vocals of the female singer in the song and it's just... so great!

I second this yo, I have to admit the clip is really awesome and oh god those vocals are so beautiful, it totally made me stick the video on my profile. My faves tend to change a lot, but this one will be a long-term fave of mine. And I didn't even know who the female vocalist was until I looked on Tumblr and realized she was a gal named Louisa Rose Allen.

(Oh and I liked your post btw)

pompayyy
August 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM
x2KRpRMSu4g
My favorite song (as of now) is Baba O'Reily by The Who. It's probably their most well known song and I luvuvuvuvuvuv it.

Squirrel
August 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Right now my favourite song is Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners. It's an old song, it's a classic, and it's nothing like my normal selection of music, but for some reason I just can't get it out of my head. It's such a good song and the story behind the recording helps a lot (the quickening bridge was a result of having only one chance to record and running low on time during the recording, so I've heard!) and despite his pronunciation of just about every word known to man being incomprehensible, I absolutely love the vocals and the voices in the song.

See for yourself;

oc-P8oDuS0Q

Brizz
August 17th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I'd have to say that my current favorite song is Humble Beginnings by Reef the Lost Cauze. I hadn't heard of him until about a month ago when a friend of mine played me an album. The first song off the album is Humble Beginnings and turned out to be my favorite. Although like many great songs out there, it's too short! (mainly because of the one minute intro to the song)

SLJd-7afDDw

Nolafus
August 18th, 2013, 03:25 AM
My favorite song is Sticks and Stone by Jonsi. Part of it is played at the ending credits of How to Train Your Dragon if you've seen the movie. I ended up buying the soundtrack for that movie and now Forbidden Friendship also ranks high up there at number two. They are both just relaxing songs that really make me feel better whenever a day hasn't exactly gone my way.

pompayyy
August 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I'm a sucker for theme and variations in music, and Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" takes the concept and runs with it for over 7 glorious minutes. I could listen to it all day and still find new things in it, it's that stuffed with goodness! :D

WbrjRKB586s

I'm glad someone else here is giving classic rock some love :)

Dter ic
August 21st, 2013, 05:00 AM

Aww yes that's my favourite too! First heard a remix of it on Liquicity and then later heard a cover on an episode of Glee. :P Zedd had a remix competition for the song and I have to say even if the vocals may be the same every remix feels like a different song.