PDA

View Full Version : Former Doxian Here

Shrew
July 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hello. The only pokémon forums which I was ever a committed member to was Pokédox. I wouldn't be surprised if most of you haven't heard of it. It was a very small community that shut down maybe a year ago.

Over the past year or so, I haven't really found a good place to talk all about pokémon as much as I would like to. The banners for this site has caught my eyes several times whenever I'd visit this site, so I guess it came to mind when I decided I wanted a place to migrate to.

I liked that the old forums I was a part of was small, because it allowed me to get to know people there pretty quickly. Joining the PokéCommunity, for me, is like being a medium fish in a small pond moving over to a big pond. I'm not sure if I'll ever fully acclimate to this community. But I've been dying to talk about pokémon like I used to for the past year, so I'm really excited to be a member. ^_^

Zach
July 13th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Hey there Shrew, and welcome to PC!

Not to worry, don't think of yourself as a medium fish in a small tank! We have a very large community, but don't let that seem intimidating. :] And if you've come here to discuss all things Pokémon, then you for sure came to the correct place on the internet! :D

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over our rules here so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble of sorts and so that you can avoid getting any infractions. ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone on staff around here (with the bold usernames), and they'd be glad to help you! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

Hikamaru
July 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hi Shrew, welcome to PC!

Sadly I wasn't a member of your old forum, so you may not know me at all. I understand what it's like joining PC, it may be big and intimidating at first but everyone here loves helping you guys out when possible and given how diverse PC is I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum a lot. Like what Zach said, don't think of yourself moving from a small pond to a big pond. Everyone here was a new member at some point.

Is there any particular parts of PC you are interested in? I already saw you posting a bit in the Pokemon gaming sections so maybe that might be what you like. Always remember to read the rules, because we have them there for a reason. Getting into trouble is no fun at all, and I did learn the hard way back when I was still new. Thankfully that allowed me to change into a more helpful member so I can help make sure the new members who joined long after me can also avoid getting into trouble. Also, we have staff members who can help you, like Cirno who is a real sweetie and she loves helping new members out.

I do hope to see you around PC, Shrew! If you ever need a friend, just leave a VM!

- Hikari10