PDA

View Full Version : ... Hello? I guess.......

clarencecaldsman
July 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hi, I pretty much don't know what I'm doing here. I sign up to pretty much every website I encounter, keeping in mind I use Lastpass to generate and store secure, random passwords, and I use MaskMe to generate random emails that safely forward the emails towards my real email for privacy.

Another reason I signed up was to access the forums during down time. Oh well, there's just pretty much nothing to do online anymore, so might as well spend some time reading large forums of something I actually have interest in.

Well, I don't know what to say anymore, so oh well.

Tsutarja
July 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hey there clarencecaldsman, and welcome to PC!

Yeah, PC was down for quite a bit today, but things have seemed to stabalize for now. It's a common occurrence for PC to go down due to the high server load, unfortunately. Also, do you have any specific interests in Pokémon? Those could come in handy if you need help in navigating around here, since we have tons to talk about here at PC!

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules (if you havent already) because we don't like seeing newbies getting infracted or getting in trouble :3c

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone on staff around here (users with the bolded usernames), and they'd be more than glad to help you! :]

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

Sheep
July 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hey hey hey, clarencecaldsman! :) Welcome to the forum! I'll.. call you Clarence, I think. That okay? I cannot remember your username for the life of me so I had to copy and paste it, haha.

There is a ton to explore here when you're bored with other things.. I'd know that very well since I get bored so easily and the first thing I jump to exploring is PC. You like Pokemon, right? What do you like most about it? You didn't mention much at all so I'd like to know a little bit more. Since we're a Pokemon forum there are many Pokemon-related things to chat about, like the games, anime, and so on. But as you have forum experience I'm sure you'll be able to settle in that much easier! :D; Definitely read the rules as Zach suggested and ask away if you have questions, we're all really nice here.

But it's cool that you're trying to be as safe as possible online, I only learned about LastPass a few days ago so I might get that too. I always make sure my passwords are as secure as possible but lately I've been jumping on the secondary protection like setting up my phone for when I log in from an unknown location. Ever since someone apparently got into my Gmail months ago I've been a lot more secure with things. Which was odd to me, since I was always secure to begin with... :(

And you said quite a lot already, no worries! Just be sure to stick around. Go ahead and ask any forum questions you might have over at Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) or contact a moderator. I'd love to help you out anytime, for example!

Hikamaru
July 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Hello there, welcome to the cool forum known as PC!

PC is more than your average forum, it's very diverse in topics and that's why so many of our members love PC. I joined here in 2011 and over the course of the two years I've been here I've made so many friends and welcomed countless new blood into the community and you are no different. Remember we have very helpful people here who you can always ask if you need help, like those staff members such as Cirno over there.

She and Zach have already covered you but I'll still add my bit, glad to see you being aware of safety online. A few forums were attacked by a hacker a while back and while PC was unaffected surprisingly it still prompted a few safety concerns. Like what Zach said, I definitely advise you read the rules because getting into trouble is no fun at all. And I'm always here if you need a new friend so feel free to leave me a visitor message anytime!

Have fun and I do hope to see you around!

- Hikari10

clarencecaldsman
July 16th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Yes, yes I really like Pokemon, despite the fact that many things in the Pokemon world don't make sense. Also, I really should take time reading boring rules, just in case I get kicked out.

Also, doesn't PC run on Cloudflare? It helps caches webpages so that during down times, the guests can still see the webpages? I've heard Cloudflare has recently helped stop a 300TB Server Attack from Spamhaus or something..... Too bad it doesn't work with websites that have webs(.)com as a domain. (I don't want to put a link there. Just in case it violates a rule)

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome, my internet is slow, so I might drop by only a few times a month, and read up on some stuff...

And yes, you can call me Clarence, without worrying that I will purchase a government-level IP tracking device, track you and your real name down, and sue you for at least $250,000 in fines and 5 years in prison. Also, I am not a computer nerd. I still don't know how to build a computer, and I still don't know how to break a computer apart and rebuild it.

awolfsquared
July 17th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Hello Clarence! Welcome to PC!

Yeah there's a lot of things that don"t make sense in Pokemon, like how does the professor know when you're using your bike indoors? Or why can't we just climb ledges that look 1 foot tall instead of having to walk around? But hey, it's a fictional game it doesn't have to make sense! XD It's still an awesome franchise either way! Pokemon as a whole has many aspects to it from games to the anime to the card game. PC has boards covering all of those so look around to see what you fit in best.

You seem pretty smart to me! Yes PC uses Cloudflare, it's what protects this site during downtimes and yeah it caches the site too. I think someone like you might just like the Internet & Technology (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57). I know you said you weren't a computer nerd, but you do seem to know somethings on technology, particularly related to the Internet. There's discussions there on all sorts of technology so if that's something that interests you, then check that place out! If not , that's ok , there's many other boards here not for Pokemon so I'm sure you'll find some other things that interest you. :)

Yup if you haven't looked them over yet, look over the rules. They're right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6446812) in case you can't find them. If you need anything else you can always ask a moderator or other staff in the orange and red bold letters. I hope to see you here as often you can. Enjoy your stay here and have fun!