View Full Version : Who Is your Favorite video game Hero
July 17th, 2013, 3:22 PM
i seen a thread on favorite villain so why not heroes? list your Favorites 1-5 and a description
1.Goku- saved the earth how times?
2.sonic- stopped eggman and beat the final haziard along with shadow
3.naruto- defeated pain got through his enemies and restored peace no matter how hard it was
4.Mario- has a dedication to save princess peach from broswer
5. megaman- overall favorite stops the hands of evil
July 22nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
1. Ratchet- the most epic galactic hero with the most epic arsenal.
2. Clank- buddy of Ratchet.
3. Nathan Drake- knows how to have fun and kick butt at the same time.
4. Sonic- can destroy anybody because they are so dizzy.
5. Mario- kills evil turtles.
July 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
1. nathan drake - he's beautiful and is smart
2. lara croft - she is the best female hero
3. ratchet - i just loved the game and the woodland creatures
4. mario - who doesn't love mario?
5. lili de rochefort - idk if she's a hero, i just love her. xD
July 29th, 2013, 6:41 AM
1. Cloud Strife - I just love him.
2. Princess Peach - What? She's basically the hero in SPP.
3. Link - The hero of my favourite game, Skyward Sword.
4. Mario - How can I not?
5. Naruto - He's cute and I can't remember the rest.
(100th post). :D
July 29th, 2013, 2:15 PM
1-Zack Fair - Best hero ever. Needs no reason - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy 7
2- Cloud Strife - Plain awesome 'nuff said - Final Fantasy ?(Don't remember the number lol)
3-Goku - savior of the year - DBZ
4-Daxter - funny and great - Daxter
5-Toni Cipriani - he's liberty city's here to me - GTA
July 29th, 2013, 5:45 PM
1. MC (Called Minato Arisato in manga) - Persona 3
2. Tactician/MU - Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Reimu - Project Touhou
4. Lloyd - Tales of Symphonia
5. Solid Snake - MGS
I wish I could go on and on, including Mario, Ein, Link, Cecil, Rudy, Fox, Aelph and so many other characters, but a limit to 5 is harsh.
July 29th, 2013, 6:34 PM
1. Link - Everyones favorite pot-smashing hero. (The Legend of Zelda)
2. Ezio Auditore - Charming, athletic, heroic Italian Assassin. (Assassins Creed II)
3. Sora - Awesome kid who values his friends more than anything. (Kingdom Hearts)
4. Cloud Strife - Hero of the best RPG of the 90's. (Final Fantasy VII)
5. Donkey Kong - Throws barrels and goes on adventures. (Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Country)
July 30th, 2013, 3:24 AM
1- Goku- he is just unstoppable
2- Connor- helps end a war
3- dragonborn- skyrim
There are meany notable heroes these are just a couple of my favorites.
July 30th, 2013, 9:39 AM
Desmond Miles: The REAL main protagonist of the Assassin's Creed series. Saves the world from an apocalypse at the cost of his own life. (Assassin's Creed - Assassin's Creed 3)
Ratonhnhaké:ton: Probably my favorite assassin because he's a mix of a badass mofo to a big sweetheart and switches between the two in approximately 0.2 seconds. I also feel that he's grossly underrated and gets too much hate. Primarily from the "Ezio fanboys/girls" (Assassin's Creed 3)
Booker DeWitt: I just love his pesonality and throughly enjoyed playing as him in Bioshock Infinite. Too bad Jack and Delta didn't talk/make interaction like Booker, that's why I liked him. (Bioshock Infinite)
Martin Septim: Just because he's kind of underrated and he sacrifices himself to save Tamirel. He's voiced by Sean Bean so bonus points for Martin. (The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion)
Those are just a few, the ones I can think of off the top of my head
July 31st, 2013, 3:48 PM
• Spider-Man, a selfless hero in every game with a timeless message that speaks to everyone. A teenager under the guise of a super hero who must learn everything for himself. He had no mentor like Batman, he learned everything he has now from trial and error and remembering that; with great power must also come great responsibility. (except for Spider-Man 3, near end he turned into a joik)
• Captain John Price (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series), a strong leader who only wanted peace but in the end, sought revenge. Hardened by the last two games, his patience has worn thin in MW3 and his time for mercy had ended.
• Sargent Frank Woods (Call of Duty: Black Ops/2), A iron willed-soldier who's motto was "...Get **** done and get your guys home safe!" Selflessly passionate about his fellow soldiers and more important his best friend's son. In the second game his stability was compromised when he was tricked into a terrible set of events. Even then, he still understood what he did wrong and the errors of his ways. Making him a damn good soldier.
• Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 (Halo series), a man of few words but actions that wrote epics. He has seen his closest friends die, watched human colonized worlds burn around him but he kept his constitution of steel. Fighting for the safety of the known universe. He's been through quite a bit but never lost sight of the greater goal, far beyond protecting the universe. Protecting those he loved.
• Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy 7), Bitter about his failed dream to be the first to go into space. He is gruff, but deep inside fights for the planet's safety as well as those he fights with. Despite his irritable demeanor, the man has a soft side, you just have a dig a bit.
August 3rd, 2013, 7:36 AM
Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Series!!!!!!
Or the ninja from Ninja Gaidennnn
August 3rd, 2013, 7:43 AM
1: Squall Leonhart. I'll be cosplaying as him soon.
2: Commander Shepard. I've erased ME3's ending from my brain -_-
3: Shadow the Hedgehog. I have a plush of him on my shelf.
4: Samus Aran. Super Metroid is my favourite game of all.
5: Red. Okay, sure, I'm going mainly on the manga. I just thought he was cool, okay?! :laugh:
August 3rd, 2013, 1:48 PM
Big Boss (most of the Metal Gear series, but technically only a 'hero' in MGS3/PO/PW)
Spoilers for some of the Metal Gear series follow:
A star field agent of the CIA (codename Naked Snake) in 1964 during the Cold War, he was ordered to assassinate his mentor (codename The Boss) after finding out she defected to the Soviet Union. Only after the mission is done does he find out the defection was fake and whole thing was orchestrated by the CIA to ensure a separate mission wasn't blown. For defeating her, he is rewarded with the official title of Big Boss.
Years later he is framed for treason when his unit goes rogue in South America. He and his former commanding officer Zero (along with a few others) set out to create a behind-the-scenes (read: secret) organization that would use black ops to steer world powers towards peace and unity, as was The Boss' final wish. Zero secretly made modified clones of Big Boss in an effort to create the perfect soldier, and when Big Boss found out he became angry and left.
Big Boss started his own mercenary group in Costa Rica, then moved on to fight mercenary wars in Africa and Russia in an effort to realize The Boss' vision on his own terms. When Big Boss' mercenary army became a nuclear power with his creation of the Metal Gear, Zero perceived it as a threat and sent several assassins after him. One of the three perfect-clone-soldier sons of Big Boss (codename Solid Snake) ultimately succeeded, but Zero kept Big Boss' body alive on life support (assumed to continue the perfect soldier project). Zero's organization then twists it purpose, creating, supplying, and prolonging wars across the world so that a few individuals could become wealthy from the artificially-created war economy.
By 2014 (at then end of the events of MGS4) Big Boss is reawakened from his life support coma. He finds and kills Zero to end the madness their organization had become. Only minutes after, he falls victim to a genetically-engineered assassination virus designed to target one of his clones and he dies.
Although Big Boss is ultimately painted as a 'bad guy,' it is very hard to see him as an actual villain. He's still a hero in my book.
But aside from his dramatic life story, the guy's also a master of hand-to-hand as well as being pro with anything that has and edge or fires a bullet (even when he's well into his 70's, he manages to effortlessly disarm Solid Snake while unarmed himself). He's a bona fide bad[redacted], but at the same time not the stereotypical hyper-macho soldier type.
August 17th, 2013, 7:10 AM
Link from the Legend of Zelda series easily tops my list. His drive is similar to many other characters, for example Mario, as they share the same primary objective in rescuing the princess of their respective lands. What separates Link from his peers is his tenacity and courage. When you look at other games, there are power ups, helpful recurring characters along the way, and other aspects that ease the hero to victory. Link, on the other hand, was alone more often than not. When he wasn't, his only companion was the less than helpful Navi. To save a process and conquer an evil overlord with that pestering annoyance at your side is a respectable feat in itself. Link has done it time and time again, never failing to save the region of Hyrule and remain humble after every victory. If I'd seen half of the gruesome bosses Link has encountered, I'd be in a mental hospital right now ahaha.
August 17th, 2013, 8:00 AM
Mario. He's easily the most recognisable gaming hero of all time, and in my opinion, he's also the coolest. He is the mascot of Nintendo. I've played almost every game that he's been in, and loved each and evey one of them. Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series is my favorite as well. He's fluent in six different languages, and he possess an IQ of 180. His allies call him "the man who makes the impossible possible." Oh, and he likes to hide in boxes. I like hiding in boxes myself. xD