PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

Silais
July 18th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Silais, and I've been a Pokemon fan for 12 years (at least). I'm looking forward to posting on the forums :)

Zach
July 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hey there Silais, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure to meet you! {:3}

Out of curiosity, how do you pronounce your name? It's such an adorable and unique name ♥ And could you care to tell us a little more about yourself? Not that you don't have to, that's just a helping point for our friendly members to get to know you better :] And like you, I have been a Pokémon fan for over a decade (Gold being my first game), but I've been one for 13 years :P

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble at all. The last thing we want to see from new members is them getting infractions just by breaking small rules :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they'd be glad to help you out at any time! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! Feel free to send me a visitor message or a private message if you ever wanna chat with me! ^_^

Sheep
July 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hi there Silais, welcome to PokeCommunity! :D

12 years is a long long time.. that's around how long I've been a fan, too. Now that I think about it it's probably closer to 15 years! I got into the series in 1998 and it's 2013 now. Pokemon is just that wonderful, isn't it? Did you start with the anime or the games? I started with the anime and then moved onto Red and Blue, everyone in school played and watched the show so being a kid at that time was awesome. Like Zach said, tell us more! We love getting to know our newbies as it would help us reach out to you and become better friends. There are all sorts of fans on PC so it's fun to see where we all are when it comes to Pokemon. :)

Oh, and what do you like outside of the franchise? Any TV shows, anime, music, sports, and so on? Do you draw or write? We have boards for all of those things as well so it'd be cool if you could stop by! A lot of members on the forum are creative and end up sharing their art, hacks, fangames, writing, or even roleplay. I'm an artist and writer myself but.. I'm a bit guilty for not updating my art gallery in a while, ahhh.

Have a great time here, all right? Be sure to let a moderator know if you're lost and need some help! We're pretty good with understanding the ins and outs of the forum. The members are too though.. everyone here is super sweet and friendly.

KriegStein
July 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hey there Silais! Glad you joined PC! I see youve been a fan a long time. :D About as long as be actualy. So how did you came in contact with pokemon? Like Zach and Cirno said: Please tell us more. :)

Anyways I hope to see ya around. And hope you have a blast here! :D

Miss Doronjo
July 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.court-records.net/animation/ema-cheerful(b).gif
Hi Silais! I'm glad that you've scientifically found your way comfortably in PC! I believe I was a fan of pokemon for around 10-12 years myself, and the world of pokemon do hold a number of memories for me!

http://www.court-records.net/animation/ema-notes(c).gif
For me, it all started when I first watched the anime around... 1998 or so. It came after a show called Monster Rancher, and it was pretty silly and fun to watch! Then my friends at elementary school started to bring pokemon cards to school, and I was pretty jealous, so I saved up money to buy some. I mean, those were the good times, huh?

http://www.court-records.net/animation/ema-confident(b).gif
In any case, in PC, we do have loads of boards that are dedicated to Pokemon! So, feel free to post to your hearts content, and I look forward to your contributions as well! Don't be afraid on talking to people if you need any help; everyone would be happy to help as long as it's within their power to do so. :3 I hope to see you sooooon~

Silais
July 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Wow, everyone is so friendly :). My name is pronounced "Sil-aay-is". I'm not really interested in any anime or manga, but I do love Game of Thrones, Star Trek TNG, the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. I read whatever books come into my hand; I'm not discriminatory! I love to read and write but I am majoring in Criminal Justice & Psychology at my university. I'm already a sophomore there. Not sure what else to put here, but I'm open to any questions!

Kouzan
July 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hey Silais! Welcome to PC!

I'm sure been a fan of Pokemon or more years or so. Probably actually 15 or more though. I got into Pokemon in 1998 when the anime came to America. Didn't get my first Pokemon game, Red, till about 2 years later but it's special to me cause of the memories and it was the first video game I've ever played. :3 There's so many good memories with the first and second games for me and I still play them today. It's amazing how Pokemon connects us all and brings us together on forums like this.

I've heard of Game of Thrones and it sounds like a really good show. It gets a ton of hype and I'm always curious how it is. I've seen the Colbert Robert several times before and I have to say it has it's moments. If you want to talk about both of those shows , there's General Entertainment (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29). You can also talk about anime , music and even books as well! I love reading and which I could read more than manga more often haha. Right now though, me and a few friends are doing a online book club and we're in the middle of finishing The Alchemyst which is shaping up to be a really good book so far. (If you read it, don't spoil the ending for me lol.) If you also write stories, you can check out Fan Fiction and Writing (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) and submit your own stories or poems. I've always wanted to write a story myself cause I find writing sort of fun, but never got around to it. I've had some good concepts too. Hopefully I can get around to writing one sometime though!

Good luck with college! I should be a sophomore or junior by now if I were in college. I hope school doesn't tie you down from using PC too much! Though we understand if you leave to focus on your studies cause we get that alot. :) But I hope to see you around and that you enjoy your stay as much as you can. Talk to me anytime if you like! Just have to send me a VM or PM!

Silais
July 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Thank you very much :). I will send you a message if I think of anything!