PDA

View Full Version : What Song is it Anyway? week 1

LORD ANTE
July 19th, 2013, 07:47 PM
What Song is it Anyway?
what's this about?What Song is it Anyway? is a bi-weekly game in which your music-listening skills and memory are put to the test as you have to listen to a set of ten modern, popular songs and guess what the songs are as well as their artists. The only catch is that the songs have all been changed to 8-bit format and are set to a certain theme that changes every time.

how do I play?To play, all you have to do is click here and listen to the Soundcloud file (https://soundcloud.com/nothingscaresme/what-song-is-it-anyway-week) with all ten tracks listed. Note that each track will be separated by two seconds of silence so it's obvious which is which.

After you think you've figured out what each song is, send me a private message with the tracks listed in order along with their artist. You have until July 27th to submit your guesses; whoever guesses the most correct (don't forget the artists!) wins!. Oh and here's a hint: this week's songs are set to the theme of Pop and R&B Queens.

Kano Shuuya
July 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Came for the title. >w>

Stayed just to lurk and see who actually wins at the end of this, because I don't listen to the group, so I'm screwed. xD

Maybe I'll tediously listen to every single song on youtube, until the the ungodly hours of the morning.

Edit:
oh its
OH.
Wow. yep. no. I only know two. /sits back and watches XD

awolfsquared
July 19th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I only knew about half of these. XD I'm probably not gonna figure some of them without Youtube. I'm no expert in pop after 2010 the only reason I know some of the newer ones is cause of hearing them through flipping through the radio lol.

LORD ANTE
July 19th, 2013, 08:47 PM
My apologies for the briefness of the first song. I extended it and reuploaded the new version and it can be found here (https://soundcloud.com/nothingscaresme/what-song-is-it-anyway-week) as well as in the first post.

Alli
July 19th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I know all of them, but I'm having trouble with the first one. Gonna keep listening till I can get thisssss.

Jake♫
July 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
I can not figure out the second one and the last one. Those two are just completely stumping me. But I'll figure it out soon enough hopefully!

Squirrel
July 20th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I managed to get numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9, but unfortunately the rest escape me haha. I'm not a huge pop/R&B fan though so looking forward to next time!

Manila Luzon
July 20th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I thought I'd do pretty well at this considering I love Pop and R&B but omg I suck?? I've gotten like 5 of them. 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10 are the ones I'm stuck with, although 2 and 7 sound soooo familiar omg. :(

Alli
July 20th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I think I just proved that I like pop music too much since I got all but one. I listened over and over to the first one and couldn't figure it out, lmao.

Esper
July 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Geez. I can't figure out any of these. :( I mean, I'm a bit tone deaf and R&B isn't my thing, but I thought I might be able to guess some of the pop ones if they were famous enough.

Good game idea though.

shenanigans
July 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
So far I have 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8. I definitely recognise 3 and 6 but their names are escaping me gahhhhh. The problem with 6 is that the section's really repetitive so if you think you recognise it and need just a bit more to confirm that then you're screwed. As for the others I have absolutely no idea yet. 8)

Also man this game is awesome. Love it.

François
July 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I think I've gotten all but 10, which I recognised but couldn't get the name of :( Great round but I can tell this is the one and only week I'll be good at haha.

Jake♫
July 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Okay, figured out 2. Now I'm just missing 10. WHAT THE HECK IS IT?

Honest
July 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I can't get number one nor the last two. The first one's right on the tip of my tongue too, ughhhhh.

Great game, by the way, love it.

Meganium
July 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I only got four. That was it. There is no way I'm gonna get all 10 lmao xD

This is awesome :D

Noah Ridgewood
July 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'm really getting pissed off. I only know 4, 5, 8, and 9, but I recognize about four others.

Alli
July 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
Nick, you of all people should know all 10. Anyway, I found out what the first one was and there was no way I would have gotten that. I don't listen to that artist, so lol. Had I though, I would have had them all. :( Oh well. 9/10 ain't bad.

Noah Ridgewood
July 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Figured out #7! Really disappointed at myself for not figuring it out faster, but it was one of the ones that I recognized, at the very least?

Edit: Figured out #3!
Edit2: I know WHO #1 is, but I don't know what song it is from. WHAAH!

awolfsquared
July 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm still having a hard time getting number 1! Argh!Wish I had a hint or two... :( I think I know them all except I'm sort of unsure about my answer for #9 and #2 being right.

LORD ANTE
July 21st, 2013, 11:35 PM
I'm still having a hard time getting number 1! Argh!Wish I had a hint or two... :( I think I know them all except I'm sort of unsure about my answer for #9 and #2 being right.

I might consider giving out a hint on the really tough ones near the end of the week, but that's to be seen!

God
July 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
THIS GAME STRESSED ME OUT BUT I GOT EVERYTHING

Honest
July 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
One is giving me the biggest headache ever. The last two I don't think I've ever heard, but the first one is making me pull my hair. =(

Edit: GOT IT. NUMBER ONE, YOU'RE MINE

Edit 2: okay, I got the wrong one. I got ten, not one. =D

Crunch Punch
July 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I recognize like nearly all of these beats because of my sister blaring the radio at times but I CAN'T FIGURE THE NAMES OF HALF OF THESE ARRRRGGHH

Actor
July 26th, 2013, 05:14 AM
*sigh* I really should know less of these songs, really embarrassing infact.

Number 1 is really easy for me to figure out actually. I've got most of them and will submit by tomorrow. Have no idea what the last two are.

Amore
July 26th, 2013, 06:47 AM
No.8 is the only one I got first time...

EDIT: Can't believe i didn't get 7 faster.

LORD ANTE
July 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I'll give about three more hours for entries!

Team Fail
July 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I can only recognize one of them, but I don't know its name. I'll probably wait until next week's. Great idea for a game though.

Honest
July 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Are the answers gonna be put up post submission?

LORD ANTE
July 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Are the answers gonna be put up post submission?

When I post results, I'll post the answers.

LORD ANTE
August 3rd, 2013, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry I'm so late with this, I was taking a bit of a break. In any case, that's a wrap on this one! It was really enjoyable to see you all squirm, haha. Anyway, I'll give you the answers followed by the winners. To win, all you had to do was guess each song title and artist correctly. First, here are the song titles and the correlating artists.

1. Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
2. Rihanna - Diamonds
3. Beyonce - Love on Top
4. Kesha - Die Young
5. Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
6. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
7. Rihanna - S&M
8. Nicki Minaj - Starships
9. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
10. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together

I was looking for the person that was able to name the most correct, but only one person was able to identify ever song and artist successfully and that person is Harlequin! Congratulations, Chris; you'll be receiving your award when I get around to handling it. Thank you to the considerable amount of participants and I hope to see you next week with the next round of songs! :]