PDA

View Full Version : Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (The Sunday Without God)

TwilightBlade
July 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
[css-span=font-size: 18px; color: #FF8D6E;]Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi[/css-span]
[css-span=font-size: 14px; color:#832B37;]The Sunday Without God[/css-span]
The story takes place 15 years after the world has been abandoned by god. No more humans are born and nobody dies. The only way someone whose time has come can get some peace is via a Gravekeeper. A 12 year old Gravekeeper named Ai is learning the trade when a boy who identifies himself as 'Hampnie Hambart, the Man-eating Toy' arrives in her village. He's hunting the not-quite-dead dead even though he cannot kill them himself (since he isn't a Gravekeeper), but what is the unexpected truth he will reveal to Ai?

Episodes: ?
Aired: Jul 7, 2013 to ?
Genres: Mystery, Fantasy

Mana
July 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
I will be watching! I'll leave a comment once I have some idea :L

sρεcтяα
July 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
I might pick this up; it looks intriguing, and there are some good 13-episode anime floating about this season.

Satoshi Ookami
July 21st, 2013, 11:18 PM
This is definitely one of my favorites this season.
While sequels of older series are gonna take up TOP 3, this is gonna be high on my ranking =)
Ai is so adorable :D

TwilightBlade
July 29th, 2013, 09:18 PM
This series has so much potential to be amazing! I'm really impressed with how much has happened in 3-4 episodes.

episode 3
Hampnie ;________; I seriously didn't expect that! This was one of the few moments I wasn't spoiled about a death prior to watching, haha. Oh man... I've been reading a couple explanations as to why he died. When he was 17, he wished for immortality, but then he admitted to wanting to die happily surrounded by family and friend leaving a hint of regret. God granted the second wish then, having Hampnie wake up as an undead. :( It's interesting how the world believed God to be absent, but in a world where nobody could bear children since 15 years ago, a 12 year old half human half gravekeeper is born... God hasn't completed abandoned the world, maybe.

I'm trying to read manga/synopsis too to see if anything was left out - first, I believe that the group of (undead) delinquents were excessively torturing HH. Second, HH tells Julie to take care of Ai, aww. Even the emotionless Scar teared up during the burial scene. :(

episode 4
Oh wow, a city of dead people! Every second, I thought Scar was going to give in to her gravekeeper urges, attack, and get herself killed by the townsfolk. Now that would have made me weep soooo much. :(

Cirrus
August 5th, 2013, 06:19 AM
The series has a very strong light novel showing, but I'm not currently following this anime currently.