PDA

View Full Version : the more-or-less irrelevant person returns!!

Crystalanachrony
July 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yes, hi. I am the irrelevant person, it is me.

I'm Crystalanachrony! You can shorten that however you desire or just call me Gira like I go by on other sites, but one way or the other, I am kind-of-semi-new to PC.

Long ago in the days of legend, when people were still able to change their usernames (seriously you can't do that anymore? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT) I walked around here under the username Giratina ♀. I then disappeared from the forum for quite a while, haven been driven into exile out of shame from the utterly embarassing fanfics I posted back then. And then I came back. Upon realizing that it's incredibly inconvenient to have an unusual Unicode symbol in your username, I just decided to jump ship and take up another moniker... so here I am.

I see there are a lot of Homestucks on this forum. This pleases me. So for all the Homestucks, and all the non-Homestucks, hello!

Tsutarja
July 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Hey there, Crystalanachrony, and welcome back to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Unfortunately, name changes are not possible due to all the hiccups and downtime that could happen if a name is changed, and if a user wishes to change their name, they're better off making a new account. ;) And yes, we have a Homestuck fan club (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294052) here, so be sure to check that out and sign up! It's one of our most active clubs here on PC!

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to refresh yourself with the rules here at PC, so that you do not wind up getting into any trouble.. the last thing we want to see here is a returning user getting into trouble and earning themselves an infraction :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff.. they're the users with the bold usernames around here, and they would be more than glad to help you out!

Hope you enjoy your stay back here on PC, Crystal! You are always more than welcome to send me a friend request! And if you wish to ever chat with me, you are more than welcome to leave a VM on my profile or send me a PM! ^_^

Sheep
July 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
...omgah your avatar. *~*; Cutest one I've seen in a while. Welcome back to PC, Gira!

Haha.. I originally joined in 2006 but didn't become active until September 2011 under this account, so I don't think I've ever experienced username changes. It sucks that they're gone but sadly they caused a ton of stress for the server. :( I remember the staff tried testing some name changes and a single one caused the entire site to crash for a few hours or a day. It was awful, haha. But good news is on its way! Right now we're working on stabilizing and reworking PC so name changes can be possible again in the near future. I was ecstatic when I found out so hopefully that'll be ready soon in the future. As much as I like my name, I think it's about time I go with something I'm more attached to.

But hey, personally I love that female symbol in your old name. It's unique and really cute. Kind of wish I picked something cuter for my name (like a heart eee) but oh well, too late for that now. All that matters is that you're back and better than ever! If you're a Homestuck fan then I'm sure you're going to love our ever-so-wonderful Homestuck fanclub. :) It didn't open very long ago but it's growing to be one of our biggest clubs. Is the series good? I tried it but it was really slow, though fans have said the pace isn't that good in the beginning. Might be time for me to dive into it again to see what it's all about! You should check out the other off-topic clubs in the Clubs & Groups (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73) board while you're at it, and if you're interested, explore the Pokemon equivalent called Pokemon Clubs (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24). These two boards are one of the best ways to meet people with similar interests and are something I always recommend to members.

Do you still write fics? I'm sure the writing board would appreciate more participation if you were to get involved there again. It's a great place and I'd definitely read your stories. :D; I write but never actually publish my stories here.. looking to complete them first, make some edits, and then start asking for feedback.

Anyways, before I ramble on too much, I'll just end this by saying I hope you have a great time here this time around. We've been getting better and better these last few years.

Crystalanachrony
July 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hmm... now that you two mention the thing about the server slowdown, I seem to remember that happening. Maybe I left later than I thought.

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to refresh yourself with the rules here at PC, so that you do not wind up getting into any trouble.. the last thing we want to see here is a returning user getting into trouble and earning themselves an infraction That. Would be bad. Don't worry, though! I read through the rules to make sure that it was still OK to create double accounts, so I'm all caught up. o9

...omgah your avatar. *~*; Cutest one I've seen in a while.fhjksdl gurgles

Thank you! Pixel art and the Zangoose species are two of my many loves, so I went hunting all over pixel art tumblrs until I found this. Haha.

Is the series good? I tried it but it was really slow, though fans have said the pace isn't that good in the beginning. Might be time for me to dive into it again to see what it's all about!...

let me tell you about homestuck.

Okay, in all seriousness. I think Homestuck is a good series because it's really innovative in terms of using computer media, and the characters are fabulous. The plot is pretty good too, equal parts emotional and low comedy, and if you can get through Acts 1 and 2 without NOPEing away from the layout (which is basically an extended love letter to old-school computer games), you should be fine for the rest of the way. The plot does get a little weird, though, so don't be afraid to check the Wiki when a term comes up you don't recognize -- I know I did that a lot when I was reading it the first time through.

As for the writing, yes, I do! One of the main reasons I decided to join again was because I'm taking one of my old fics, the only one whose central plot is still salvageable, and rewriting it to post on the forums. I am writing and editing the entire story before I post it, though, so we're in the same boat.

One last thing, Cirno... are you a Touhou fan, or were you when you created the account? That username's pretty unusual. Look who's talking.

Sterling
July 24th, 2013, 08:09 AM
^Cirny thought the name was cute, so she took it, I don't think she's much of a Touhou fan.

But anyways, welcome back, Crystal! I'm Megan and it's great to see you here. I'm sure you will get along with the rest of the community just fine, as a lot of us really love Pokemon as much as you do! But aside from that, I do remember someone using that old username, but it's always great to start off fresh after some time off. It's a great feeling.

You'll have a lot to recover as PC has changed quite a ton since you left! There's also a lot of new features you may have not heard of, so take your time roaming around the forums and read what you like! Won't hurt at all. :D

Anyways, have a wonderful time here, and shoot me a message if you wanna be friends & stuff. :D Have a great time and see you around <3