PDA

View Full Version : Hi There!

DarkfoolDave
July 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone! I'm David, or Dave- I'm partial to either. This forum seems lively, so I'm gonna join in :)

I (like probably everyone else here) love Pokemon a lot. Been with it for 12 or 13 years now(I'm 20). It's funny because I got started a bit late, and played Gold first. I loved the series from there on- including the show- Oh wait... I think I just lied.. I'm pretty sure I had Stadium before Gold. I digress, though that one's fantastic too. Nevertheless, Gold was my first of the main Pokemon games, and Ho-Oh has remained my favorite out of all of them to this day.

I think I like the series more for the world itself, and the traveling aspect of it. Competitive battling isn't really my cup of tea. I did try it out and made a solid team in Diamond, but it wasn't my thing in the long run. I much more enjoyed the little things like taking on Team Rocket, throwing rocks at Chanseys, and the tension of catching legendaries. I've been addicted up to Black 2 and probably will stay that way through X!

But Pokemon aside, I love lots of other games, too. Especially older stuff like the PS1 Spyro Games, Oddworld, and N64 games like Paper Mario and SM64 (I love platformers, as you can see). On Youtube I enjoy Let's Playing as a hobby.

In life, I do a lot of random stuff. Like, when the words "what if I..." cross my mind, I'm very likely to go and do whatever it is. Example; I'm trying to learn piano now for no real reason. I'm a student in college studying cinema and economics.

Anyway this is long, and I'm tired right now so I'm just gonna call it here for my first post. Like i said before, it seems like a lively forum, so I hope to meet a lot of interesting, fun, and friendly people here!

Sheep
July 23rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
We already have something in common - I've been a Pokemon fan for about as long as you, having started in 1998 or so and loving it now in 2013. Pokemon is just that wonderful, isn't it? Stadium seems like a super fun game to start with and I was seriously hooked on that as a kid. Do miss it nowadays.. so hopefully there'll be another Stadium sometime in the future. 8D; Never did own Stadium 2 but my friend did, and I always came over to her house to play that.

And yeah, it's understandable if you're not a competitive battler; I'm not really either, but every once in a while it can be fun. That's probably why I prefer random battles through Pokemon Showdown/Online so much.. it's fun to see what Pokemon and movesets you'll get. A lot more fun than building that special team and spending ages trying to predict your opponent's team to get the better results. Playing the game naturally is always pretty fun. Oh, the good old days of going "I have Earthquake, I'm gonna destroy you!" are days that I miss, hehe. There wasn't much to competitive battling during the link cable days, was there? Any generation you prefer more than the rest? :) We have a lot of discussion boards for anything relating to Pokemon and plenty of people around that are always discussing them. Pokemon X & Pokemon Y (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256) might be a worthwhile place to check out right now if you're interested in those games. We're all really excited and eagerly anticipating October! I can't tell if I want it to come or not. If it comes faster then school will start sooner, but if it doesn't we'll have to wait longer for X and Y. Ugh!

There's also the lovely Video Games (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) board to talk about gaming, including showing off your own gaming videos if you'd like. It's a popular place as most of us love video games here, I'm sure you'd fit in well! My favorite game series right now are Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. Probably pretty generic given the popularity of these titles right now, but psh, I just love them. <3

Anyways, a very big welcome to the forum, David! Hope your stay here is amazing. Be sure to let me know if you're confused about anything, all right?

awolfsquared
July 23rd, 2013, 08:57 PM
Hey David! Welcome to PC! It's funny, I have a friend with the same name who's also into Pokemon lol.

I also started off about the same time, maybe even longer. I started with the anime in 1998 so yeah that's more like 14 or 15 years ago. Red was my first game, but I still remember Gold fondly, cause that's the one I picked. I remember my friend had Silver and he'd trade me clones Lugia all the time. XD Good memories. We also used to play Stadium 1 and 2 when he would bring his N64 over. It was tons of fun and I really hope it has another sequel. That's what's so great about Pokemon , it bring people together.

I'm not really into competitive battling either lol. I don't understand half of the tiers or terms at all. I usually just call out whatever attacks I think works best. Just doing that is fun enough for and I just like playing the games. But yeah, really excited for X and Y too! The X and Y section is pretty busy at the moment cause of all the news and speculation going on. You should join in the fun to get you more hyped for them! I'm loving alot of the gen VI Pokemon so far! Though no matter what generation you like, there's discussions here for it. You can talk about everything from Red and Blue (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36) to Black 2 and White 2 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200) so browse around and explore!

The N64 was such a good system! It looks like you have a lot of games for it. I have one myself but only have one game for it, but I've always played games on my friends's systems such as Smash Brothers, Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Older video games are really nostalgic. Now I usually only play Pokemon, but I've been wanting to play othr series too. As Cirno suggested , you should check out the video games section. Besides discussing video games, you can watch user's Let's Play and review them and even post you're own!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy you're stay and have fun! See you around and if you need anything you can contact a [mod]moderator[mod] such as Cirno and they can assist you with any problems. See you around!

Tsutarja
July 24th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Hey there Dave, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Looks like my two good friends Cirno and AWSquared took care of everything we have to offer here at PC, so be sure to check those areas mentioned out! I came on by to welcome you personally myself! :3

As a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules here, so that you do not wind up getting into any trouble.. the last thing we want to see here is new members getting an infraction just by breaking a small and simple rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad to help you out whenever you may need it! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Dave! You are always welcome to send me a friend request if you want! And always feel free to leave a VM on my profile or send me a PM if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

DarkfoolDave
July 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Thank you guys for such a warm welcome!

Yeah a lot of my friends have been going crazy over Animal Crossing; I think I'm gonna jump on it when the next game comes out. Last I played was on the Gamecube.

It seems like X & Y is where it's at, so I will check it out as soon as I can!

Oh, and my favorite gen? I'd have to say 3. I loved the focus on open water and the addition of beaches. It brought me a lot of new favorites past gen 1, more than any of the other generations did (though 5 came close!)