View Full Version : They see me rollin'

July 25th, 2013, 7:56 PM
I resent that title too, but bear with me: this thread is about your favourite video game vehicle; tell me about it!

I seem to have the most enthusiasm for EVN's Old Earth IDA Frigate. It's inexpensive (for the hull alone, anyway...) and widely available, yet built like a tank without handling poorly. Well, in truth, what I mainly like is that it's a flying brick, which is quite an alright thing to be in space. It's utilitarian, militarisitc and according to lore has stood the test of time. There's a sort of catharsis in beating up flashy modern ships with it.

Also love using the Beowulf in Tribes Ascend. The main gun is gratifying to fire.
That said, this thread doesn't have to be about combat vehicles. There are a lot of racing games, of course.

August 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Bump with permission from Miss Doronjo.

August 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mind if I mention Tribes' Ski mechanic? It's not a vehicle, but it's a darn fun and interesting way of getting around, and often times I prefer it. I don't play the game much, anymore, but it's one fine attraction that that makes it so interesting. I've always been a fan of the style-based sort of games, and Tribes certainly hits the mark with it.

August 13th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Arwing (http://images.wikia.com/nintendo/en/images/d/dd/Arwing0.jpg), the starfighter from Star Fox, is an amazing vehicle. It's able to fly in loops, it could perform u-turns, it has the ability stay airborne at a complete stop, and you're also able to do barrel rolls with it. This piece of machine could fly even without any wings. Arwings are always equipped with laser guns, so you'll never end up getting yourself into trouble when enemies are nearby. Haha.

Miss Doronjo
August 13th, 2013, 3:15 PM
Arwings are incredible. XD

I was gonna say the Landmaster, because I love the way it floats for brief periods of time, and it's just, so powerful~ It can even take down Arwings with ease if you go to VS mode in Star Fox Assault.

August 13th, 2013, 3:51 PM
I absolutely hate vehicles in-game.

But when I'm forced to use them to proceed. (Halo)

I prefer the Scorpion. I can bulls eye a moving Ghost or an airborne Banshee from quite a ways away.

Apple Juice
August 13th, 2013, 4:18 PM
Maybe it's because I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy, but my favorite is the Super Blooper (http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Blooper_(Mario_Kart_Wii)) from Mario Kart Wii. I think the little squids are just adorable, and making them into a kart sealed the deal for me. It's not too shabby either, which is great because in games I usually pick looks over usefulness, and this specific vehicle packs both. What more can you ask for?

I don't really play any vehicle-oriented games other than racing ones, so I can't say I have any other mentions. They never appealed to me! :<

August 13th, 2013, 4:53 PM
Yes, I love using the Super Blooper!

Do the dragons from Skyrim count? It's fun riding them around and attacking things lol. The mechanics could still be tweaked a little, but it's still cool.

If dragons don't count, then I would have to go with the Tiny Tug from Mario Kart 7 :3
It's like a boat but for land!

Starlight angel
August 13th, 2013, 5:11 PM
Yes I bet that dragons from skyrim does count I bet but theres no money involved if theres a attack from them but hey im doing good for it pretty much yeah if dragons don't count then im flying away with my wingull lol