PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Video Game Enemy?

TreeKangaroo
July 27th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Bosses, random enemies who cares? So which video game enemies do you find to be the creepiest?

Blizzeta-Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. Do I need to explain? She starts off normal and then she goes like pretty...mirror... and then she becomes an evil yeti and does a scream! Her theme was awesome though.
Giygas-Apparently he was based off a r*** scene in a movie!(I learned that from peanut3423)
The piano from Luigi's Mansion-Again, I don't think I need an explanation if you played Luigi's Mansion for the first time.

And that's it for me.

Oh yeah, it's my birthday today!:D

ShadowE
July 27th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Threshers in Borderlands 2... These things pop up in front of you and leave me behind with a "SON OF A...." reaction... Terramorphous is the worst since its enourmous.
Veinhole Monsters in Tiberian Sun: These things used to scare me a lot so i avoided maps with veins.
Eye of Cthulu in Terraria: A giant eyeball that chases you and eventually transforms into a giant mouth...

JayTheKing
July 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Graham Jones from Aria Of Sorrow was rather scary.Just google his second form.

The chainsaw guy from Resident Evil 4.Oh my God!The thought of that thing hunting you is just...

The ornes from from Kid Icarus Uprising.Man those things can kill you in one hit and they cant be killed so the only thing you can do is run.

TreeKangaroo
July 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Graham Jones from Aria Of Sorrow was rather scary.Just google his second form.

The chainsaw guy from Resident Evil 4.Oh my God!The thought of that thing hunting you is just...

The ornes from from Kid Icarus Uprising.Man those things can kill you in one hit and they cant be killed so the only thing you can do is run.

Oh god, getting chased by a guy in a chainsaw? That seems like hell.

And that's retarded taht you can't kill an enemy and it can kill you in one hit.

How about silent hill stuff? Oh god.

Infinite Latios
July 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Scariest enemy I've ever seen is by far Dead Hand. Everything about it is just so... disturbing.

thedestinedblade
July 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Pyramid Head hands down; nothing has scared me more in a game than him. Forget about what he represents, his look and great knife are iconic in the SH series. Not to mention the scene with the two mannequins, which is downright creepy, cements his place even further for me. The first time you see him walking through the hallway, and he's just on the other side of the barred wall, staring; man, that was brilliant. {XD}

His other fanservice appearance have been pretty bad though, lol.

Talli
July 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Redeads for the legend of Zelda are the scarest enemy I have come arcoss in all my years of videogames.

Ephemeral Euphoria
July 27th, 2013, 08:31 AM
If not the Necromorphs in general from Dead Space I would have to say the ReDeads from Ocarina Of Time hands down.

Edit: NINJA T_T

Oshamaru
July 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Redeads as well. I mute my game, and even then I'm still creeped out.
Giygas was scary the first time as well, but now I can look at it easily. It's still creepy though.

The piano in Mario 64 scared me a lot when I was little. :I

Darkrai Lv.1000
July 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
How about:

-The Silent Realm Guardian from Zelda Skyward Sword: Take too long to get the next tear or get caught by a Watcher, and the most tense run ever begins.

-The SA-X from Metroid Fusion: Every encounter with the SA-X is tense, as you have to hide in just the right way in order to not be seen and decimated by her Ice Beam. It makes the end fight so much more exciting though.

-Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: This huge muddafudda chases you throughout the game relentlessly. You never know when he's going to show up, and that theme of his... it's forever etched into my mind.

-Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil REmake: She scares the crap out of me every time she shows up. And that scream... I need a hole to hide in. ._.

-Slendy himself from Slender: The Arrival: needs no explanation.

Dakota
July 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Doctor Salvador. And yeah, I share this one. :c Gotten over it at this point, but when I first started the game, I'd literally scream when he got to close. My mom was watching and asked me what the effing hell I was playing.

The Regenerators from RE4 were worse, though. :I

kronos9
July 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Bowser.

Yup yup yup. >_>

JayTheKing
July 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Doctor Salvador. And yeah, I share this one. :c Gotten over it at this point, but when I first started the game, I'd literally scream when he got to close. My mom was watching and asked me what the effing hell I was playing.

The Regenerators from RE4 were worse, though. :I

Remember the Iron Maidens?They were an upgraded Regenerator with spikes.
Even though there werent many their faces were scary as hell and when they came close they would throw those spikes.

Doctor Salvador was more memorable for me because of the chainsaw noise which became louder as he came closer.

Perrie ✿
July 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
pretty much every enemy from resident evil lbr

The Chainsaw Majini from RE5; it wasn't physically scary but being chased with the sound of a chainsaw in the background is awful. And the Executioner Majini, too; I just hate being chased. Along with those; any enemy that either chases and/or has a horrible theme. :(

OH and the T-Rex from Tomb Raider, jfc the music then is aaaaaawful.

Mr. Avocado
July 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Vaas Montenegro.

Do you find many video game characters who are humans that slaughter other humans, keep their heads as trophies, find murdering people a hobby? Are there many that tie you up, look you in the eyes, talk about insanity, then throw you off a cliff? Vaas is special. I don't think there are many contenders against Vaas for the scariest video game character. If it was real life, you would be done.

...I still love him, though <3

Nil Nuane
July 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I don't play many horror games. The only recent one I've played is slender, and I admit slenderman freaks me out lol. I played that game in the dark on a big tv. Yikes.

The eels from Majora's Mask when you have to get the eggs creeped me a lot. Going in deep water gives me the chills in games. I grew up in Hawaii so maybe there's a connection there.

TreeKangaroo
July 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Oh my god redeads and dead hands, don't remind me please. Zelda has some pretty disturbing enemies.

Oh and the spider queen from okami, her true form looks disturbing, and her Japanese name is Pros****** Spider.

bobandbill
July 27th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Although I missed out (so to speak) on the game as a kid, I do appreciate how scary Redeads are having played the 3DS version.

The waterwraith in Pikmin 2 was a pretty scare enemy when I first encountered it. Steamrolled a whole bunch of my pikmin when it first appeared out of nowhere, and that music... hnng. Beating it up was satisfying.

Miss Doronjo
July 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Speaking of Zelda; I'd say it'd be this thing:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091222221508/zelda/images/0/0a/Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Do I really have to say more? ;___; Well, Wallmaster's aren't that scary anymore, but, when I played Ocarina of Time as a kid, they got me nervous as all hell. :(

Tsutarja
July 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Speaking of Zelda; I'd say it'd be this thing:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091222221508/zelda/images/0/0a/Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Do I really have to say more? ;___; Well, Wallmaster's aren't that scary anymore, but, when I played Ocarina of Time as a kid, they got me nervous as all hell. :(Those things scared me too whenever I played a Zelda game as a younger boy myself. But wanna know what else scared me?

This:
http://i.imgur.com/1JDaYaf.png

Yeah, the first time I encountered the ReDead, I think my heart rate had increased a little, and they still scare me to this day. The weird noise they made and the high-pitched squeal didn't help with my discomfort towards them. {D:}

Dansparce
July 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Ornes from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I don't know if its the music or if i'm scared of being insta-killed, but whenever I encounter one my heart rate increases by 1000.

Dead Hand from OOT: These things are just terrifying. Here's a quote from Peanutbuttergamer all about these horrifying things. You walk into a room and then there are nothing but arms and hands with fingernails that are much too long and red, and then... nothing happens at all. Until eventually... YOU'RE GRABBED BY THE HAND AND THE DEAD HAND IS COMING FOR YOU, AND HE WILL COME FOR YOU UNTIL YOU'RE DEAD AND HE'LL EAT YOU WITH HIS MOUTH, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO AND YOU WILL DIE...

Kanzler
July 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Fast headcrabs and fast zombies. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. I can't but feel dirty and violated as they thrash themselves around me with those horrible grunting and gurgling sounds. And even when you pause the game, the sounds continue to play on loop DX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXEiU6JEnD4
Here are the sounds, but watch if you dare.

Wings Don't Cry
July 28th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Anything on the last 20 floors of the Via Infinito in FFX-2. Every enemy there is a boss that could wipe your party out in an instant unless you're prepared. Your best bet is have first strike and just run out of any battles you come across. Chances are you'll run into someone who will inflict terrible status effects that will completely shut you down or someone who is just so outright powerful that you don't have the HP to tank it.

LolPizzaLol
July 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
The screams of ReDeads just scare the crap out of me.
Slenderman, nuff said.
Fast Zombies from Half-Life, they don't look really scary, but those screams :(
I haven't really played much horror games, because I'm a pussy, so I can't think of anything else.

Sweets Witch
July 28th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Piggsy from Manhunt. I've been constantly afraid of him my whole life because he's freakin' mental and the battle with him is downright terrifying.

Also pretty much every psychopath from the Dead Rising series.

Keizaal
July 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Dead Hand, Redeads, Wallmasters. OOT was scary.

I used to be terrified of Master Hand as a kid. Probably from the evil laughter before the boss fight...

I also used to be terrified of the Witches from Left 4 Dead. Not so much anymore, but I still nope the hell out of there when I hear crying.

Splicers still give me jumpscares in Bioshock and my first encounter with a Little Sister was terrifying until I found out they were actually innocent.

I refuse to play scary games or watch horror movies because I'm guaranteed to have nightmares for weeks and/or be sleep deprived no matter what movie/game it is. So I don't have very many enemies to say.

TreeKangaroo
July 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.

zroc
July 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.

AnonygooseD
July 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah, it's my birthday today!:D
First of all, happy birthday! Looks like I'm late but yeah glad you put it up here so people can see it :)

Back to the topic, first thing I'd say the "shadow people" from Silent Hill 1 (the ones who actually attack), they're like transparent game models but you can see their outline a bit black-ish, but since the game is already extremely dark they're invisible like 90% of the time... :P
Also the little babies/zombies from the school in the game, I suddenly find 2-3 of them in front of me & one grabs me making it impossible to attack while the other waits until the first let go then takes his turn right afterwards... If I don't kill at least 1 of them quickly with the gun before they approach me then I'm done for. ^_^
And the mutant creatures from the sewers, they descend from the ceiling in a blink of an eye & attack with sharp claws, not to mention that they're pretty fast & I barely escape them considering that I'm a normal guy & not a stunt man.

Oh and...
Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.
I've seen him in the movie only but he freaked the hell outta me! I wonder how he's like in the games... >_>

Thergox
July 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.

Is that the thing from Yume Nikki that looks a little like a derpy Scream?

I would say the Gatherers from Amnesia were pretty scary, but they've been worn out. Sure, the weird dangling jaw and the massive claws were kind of frightening at first, but the craze has kind of settled.

If anyone has played "The Witch's House" (The first horror game I played and actually was afraid of) the legless girl in the end gave me a flip -- anything that can crawl THAT fast without the use of legs shouldn't EVER exist.

I rather enjoy horror games, but not very many are that frightening. A lot of them have great story lines, but that's about all I've ever seen them offer aside from the random jumpscare. I liked "The Witch's House" so much because it played with the atmosphere and rooms when you went backwards.

AmourPearlShipper
August 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Those Buzzes from Donkey Kong Country 3. Zingers were pretty cool but why do these robotic bees have to replace them? Robotic insects are disgusting and very scary. Oh, and also, if they're robotic, how come they are practically found everywhere?

monks1692
August 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Charzard hahahahahaha he scares me

Mr. Avocado
August 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Charzard hahahahahaha he scares me
I wouldn't classify Pokemon as enemies, especially Charizard, considering it's us that normally use it over other trainers using it against us.

DarkfoolDave
August 4th, 2013, 04:59 AM
This may sound very weird, but in Donkey Kong 64 there were these moments where you could go inside a log cabin to do a mission, and if you ran out of time, a deep voice out of nowhere would say "Get out..." And a crosshair would appear on the screen. 10 seconds, instant death. It kinda freaked me out, haha. And in freaking Donkey Kong!

.:batto:.
August 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hands down.

Ocarina of Time's Redead's
http://zeldawiki.org/images/a/a9/ReDeadAttack.gif
The scream & how they followed you really got to me as a kid. I HATED the castle grounds as grown up Link.

EDIT: GHOULS. From Fallout New Vegas. As i used to turn down the brightness inside when i knew Ghouls were inside. As i knew it would make things scarier as you would here WHACK! out of nowhere. {XD}

SinfulGuroRose
August 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I admit with my more morbid tendencies, the creepy things don't tend to scare me. But I will tell you, the shadow people and manipulations from Alan Wake terrify me. ; A; For some reason, the thought of only being able to kill them with light from a limited life flashlight and bullets from a gun with limited, hard to find ammo is the worst thing ever.

Peitharchia
August 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Andross from Starfox 64 was a scary one. When battling against him, he looks at you with his big eyes and smiles. That terrifies me. Also, when you finally defeat him, his brain and eyeballs manages to survive and starts attacking you. The guardians from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword were also pretty scary. There were mace guardians, and then there were flying guardians. In the game, you had to collect Sacred Tears from the Silent Realms without disturbing them. If they catch you, then you'll be required to recollect all of your Sacred Tears from the beginning.

xxkaylabby
August 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Idk what they're called, but the zombies in uncharted. they scared me so badly D:

Apple Juice
August 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series tops my list. His concept is simply horrifying, haha. Right down to his bright red hair and vomit-colored skin. The way he carries himself in the games and portrays his views on the world definitely fit the bill for an evil ultra-lord. His schemes to steal the princess and obtain the full Triforce are always diabolical, but the bright side to it all is a strong villain always makes a game that much more interesting. I would even go so far to say that it motivates me to get through the game and defeat him! If you can pull off a character with that kind of effect on gamers, all the better for the game. Personally, I think Ganon's one of the many reasons why LoZ is so popular.

TreeKangaroo
August 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Oh wait I learned that Giygas was not based off that. The story of how he was thought of goes like this:
The creator was in the movie theaters and he accidentally went into the wrong movie and he heard a bloodcurdling scream and he thought it was r***, and traumatized him, when it was actually like murder. That's why when you damage giygas more, he gets bigger, and you start to notice a fetus shaped thing.

Keizaal
August 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM
EDIT: GHOULS. From Fallout New Vegas. As i used to turn down the brightness inside when i knew Ghouls were inside. As i knew it would make things scarier as you would here WHACK! out of nowhere.

This! I've only played Fallout 3, but Ghouls TERRIFIED me. They still terrify me now. Except for Gob in Megaton, he's my bro.

This may sound very weird, but in Donkey Kong 64 there were these moments where you could go inside a log cabin to do a mission, and if you ran out of time, a deep voice out of nowhere would say "Get out..." And a crosshair would appear on the screen. 10 seconds, instant death. It kinda freaked me out, haha. And in freaking Donkey Kong!

I HATED THIS! Is wasn't just in a cabin, I remembered it happening in a Temple, and other parts in the game. It's scared me so much.

zakisrage
August 18th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I once accidentally refused to pay Kecleon in PMD. It was freakin scary. The Kecleon is beyond powerful, super-fast, and will call on its entire family to massacre you. I tried putting the items back, but apparently Kecleon takes it as a grave offence.

Foxrally
August 18th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Bears in Assassin's Creed 3. Those guys can swim, and they can attack you underwater, but they're FRIKIN INVISIBLE.

Sir Servine
August 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
No contest, it's the Regeneradors from Resident Evil 4. They've been the only bad guy that made me phase out for a second in fear. x_x

Awkward.
August 18th, 2013, 11:43 PM
THE FRICKIN SPIDER ENEMIES IN RESIDENT EVIL 4

OH MY GOD

Those things are terrifying beyond measure. The first time I saw one, I was all like "nope nope nope nope nopenopenopenopenope" and just ran away aND THEN IT JUST CAME FROM BEHIND AND STARTING STABBING ME WITH ITS WEIRD FRICKING SPIDER DEATHS LEGS AND I WAS LIKE THRASH-PRESSING EVERY SINGLE BUTTON I COULD AND OH MY GOD I THREW THAT GAME OUT AFTER THAT NO NEVER NOT HAPPENING SORRY NO WHY DO THOSE THINGS EXIST JUST NO.

Also, anything in the Dead Space series that removes part of your body or cuts it off - nope. Not happening. Or those disgusting things that throw up on you and make you die from vomiting. That's not creative, that's just nasty. Wank-ass game devs.

Phantom
August 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Witches in Left 4 Dead.

Banshees in Mass Effect.

Deathclaws in Fallout: New Vegas (THEY RUN IN PACKS DAMMIT... PACKS OF FREAKING MOVING SLASHY DEATH MONSTERS. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE.)

EVERYTHING IN DARK SOULS.

Dark Zapdos
August 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
As a Kid The piano on Mario 64 allways made me jump, never trying to get that red coin EVER again

Magic
August 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Everything in Bioshock.

I'm so jumpy and terrible at aiming that every loud thing to jump out the dark was terrifying.

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Tyrant from the first Resident Evil.

And every giant spider in any game ever.

ShadowE
August 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Spiderants from Borderlands 1.

They popped up straight in front of me, which scared the crap out of me, Also the Spiderant King (which is pretty large) jumps on you, which is terrifying D:

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Spiderants from Borderlands 1.

They popped up straight in front of me, which scared the crap out of me, Also the Spiderant King (which is pretty large) jumps on you, which is terrifying D:

*Madly scratches Borderlands 1 and 2 off of "Games To Buy" list.

Mr. X
August 21st, 2013, 02:32 PM
This guy, right here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xej9jRYe6KA/UCCOrizXsCI/AAAAAAAAALM/0LAyY9LSp8U/s1600/ME2-HumanReaper2.jpg

Looks harmless you say? Well, this is what it looks like after you piss it off.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/images/me2_stupid.jpg

And here he is getting ready to blast you...
http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/14235013/images/590/me2_0890.jpg