PDA

View Full Version : I bring greetings!

Urvy
August 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Greetings to one and all, my name is Urvin and I've proudly joined this community, which I should have done the very first time I visited!

I'm 23 years of age and have been playing Pokemon since I was 8, you can never be too old, as the game itself keeps on evolving, so do human beings, right? :)

I chose my forum name to be Urvy, cause it's a general nickname I was given a while back and I took a liking to it, so feel free to call me Urvy or Urvin, either works.

Alas, I haven't played competitively due to the lack of owning a DS or 3DS, but I've amused myself with Pokemon Online/Showdown and still play regularly to kill some time and/or try out some new stuff.

I found this site because I was told of a great game I just had to try, Pokemon Reborn, which happened to be on this forum and I found it to be amazing. So amazing, that I've started to create a game along with the help of a few friends. Hopefully I can showcase it in the Emulation section as I make progress with it!

I guess that will do for introductions?

~Urvy

Zorua
August 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
And I'll bring you a nice hug to welcome you to the community n_n If that's okay, of course! And I definitely agree...as someone that's 20 and still playing Pokemon (taking a hiatus though, until X/Y come out), there's no shame really playing it, as I see it fit for something of all ages, really~!

Also, if you're interested in competitive play, then you're very welcome to swing by our Pokemon Showdown server (http://pokecommunity.psim.us/)! We also have a Community Day coming up this Saturday, which is basically like a get-together of some sort! Think of it like a huge party, where we have tournaments and events and all that kind of stuff really, it's fun stuff. :3

I suppose that clears things for my greeting, but I really hope you have a blast here at this community! Making friends here isn't difficult at all, and it's really easy to have such a great experience here at PC. Post in the sections that interest you, and interact with people, and you might make some amazing friendships happen, of course!

Tsutarja
August 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Hello there Urvin, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Have you been to our Pokémon Showdown server yet? We have one of those, and you can access it here (http://pokecommunity.psim.us)! I'm ServineKing around those parts, so that's me if you ever see ServineKing in there! :3 And not to worry, a lot of people still don't have a DS or a 3DS yet, but I hope you could get one soon! (: And I'm not much of a competitive battler, but that's one of my worries when challeging people is if they want specific tiers (OU, NU, UU, etc) only. I haven't followed tiers much, but I know that they exist. And finally, like you, I was very young when I started playing Pokémon, considering it was 13 years ago when I was 5 years old and finally got a copy of Pokémon Gold, which was my first game!

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble at all! The last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction simply by committing repeated offenses by breaking the rules, but I have my hopes you aren't one of those people ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on PC that's on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may possibly need their help! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Urvin! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Sheep
August 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Can never be too old indeed! I'm 22 and have been playing since I was 8 as well. Pokemon's that sort of thing that is perfect for all ages so whenever my parents say it's "for kids" I always get a little frustrated. Psh, of course they wouldn't understand!

The first thing that caught my eye was your avatar, so I'd likely to happily push you in the direction of our MLP: FiM fanclub (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291372). It's got a lot of members as the series seems to be quite popular among a chunk of our memberbase, meaning you'd more than settle in there if you enjoy the series. There are also a lot of other lovely clubs to look at in the Clubs & Groups board, so be sure to check it out! I'm sure it would be a nice little home for you. :) As Twilight Sky said, we have a great Pokemon Showdown server here that's actually very active with a slew of events coming up. Now's a wonderful time to join if you like to dabble in competitive battling.. we'd welcome you with open arms there and chances are you'd run into me as well as lots of others during your stay as well, so whee.

But maaan, you absolutely need a 3DS! Missing out on X and Y would be really sad. The graphics are looking amazing and some of the new Pokemon designs really are breathtaking. Have you heard of the upcoming sixth generation, though? I wouldn't want to ramble on and on if you haven't read about it yet, ehe. And I'm a bit curious on if you've been keeping up with the Pokemon games? Do you play them on emulators or something else? Hope you have a blast digging around and working on your game; I'm sure it'll be wonderful if you put your mind to it and keep working. I try to urge all new hackers to keep at it since we have too many that join up to try and make a game, then disappear... ;( If you do that you really won't get very far, so.

Have an amazing time and be sure to let me or another moderator know if you need some help, all right? We're always here to help out and would be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Welcome to PokeCommunity, Urvy!