PDA

View Full Version : New. :)

BinaryEyes
August 1st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hey guys. New to the Forums. Just found the awesomeness of Wi Fi trading. -_-

First game was yellow with no link cable or anyone to trade with so..I'm going on a frenzy!

awolfsquared
August 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
Hi BinaryEyes! Welcome to PC!

Isn't technology wonderful? I'm one of those people who started with the first generation of Pokemon. My first game was Red and I remember having to trade with the link cable. I remember having to sit there awkwardly next to the person I was trading or battling with and it took forever to trade. It was a hassle cause sometimes it would disconnect or fall out the other gameboy. -_- Then sometimes I lost my cable or it would brake and I wouldn't be able to get the version exclusives or get the Pokemon that require trading to evolve such as Alakazam. I remember always wanting a Gengar in Red but I never was to get one cause I never had the cable most of the time. :( Thank God for WI-FI and wireless trading cause it's much easier to trade. I can just find someone online to get Pokemon I want and a few minutes later I have it! If you haven't found it already, you should definitely check out Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161). There's always people there itching to trade anytime and you could become even more obsessed with wi-fi trading! Hehe.

So anything else you like to do? Anything about Pokemon you like? No matter what, I'm 80% positive we have a section for it.There's sections covering all things on Pokemon and even one for random chit-chat and other things. I say the best way to settle in here is to explore the forum. Of course you can also chat with people too. That's an easy way to make friends! :P I know for certain after being here for almost a year and half, that people are generally friendly so don't be shy to talk to people! You can always send me a message or a friend too. I could always have more people to talk to! And more friends are well accepted too!

I hope your time here is an experience to remember! If you're ever lost ask any questions you need. The moderators will gladly help you with any problems and concerns you may have. See ya and have fun!

Tsutarja
August 2nd, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hello there BinaryEyes, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Looks like my good friend AWSquared has shown you around on what we have to offer here at PC, but I came on by to personally welcome you myself! :3 Ahh, Yellow! I miss my Yellow version because the battery died on it several moons ago ): but when I tried replacing it I think i used the wrong kind and wound up frying its save board somehow o3o but I hope if you still have a Yellow Version, it could still at least save. My Red and Blue can still save, but my Blue version was like brand new and unopened when I got it several years after its release, so yeah :p And technology, too! From link trading in RBY, GSC, and Ruby/Sapphire, to wireless local trading in FRLG/Emerald, to internet trading Diamond/Pearl onward! I am amazed at how much trading methods have expanded since the original Game Boy days xD

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look at the rules here if you haven't already done so, so that you do not wind up getting into any trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction onto their profile simply by not following the rules and committing repeated offenses, but I trust you aren't one of those people ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are the users here with the bold usernames, and they would be more than happy in getting to help you out whenever you may need them! We also have the Community Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) section here where you could also ask your questions, and even leave feedback about the forums if you have any! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, BinaryEyes! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either sending me a PM and or leaving a VM on my profile if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Sheep
August 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Wheee, welcome to the forum, BinaryEyes. n~n The link cable days were very limiting so it's great that we can finally trade.. with people all around the world, nonetheless. Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Trade Corner is a lovely little board and it has some sweet people who would be more than willing to help you out if you'd like to trade. You can start up a shop if you have more than 20 different species of Pokemon to offer, orrrr you can stop by the quick trade thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278248) if you're just looking for a single trade or two (so this would be where you go if you don't have enough Pokemon for a shop). What games are you trading in right now? I'm very excited for X and Y since there'll be more trading opportunities, I'm sure, and collecting Pokemon will be much more fun with the 3D graphics. We have people trading in both the fourth and fifth generation games so you've got quite a few choices. In the occasion that you ever want to chat about trading in general, we have a great thread called the Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270351) where that's possible. :D;

I'm sure you'd find quite a lot of places to explore even outside of the trading board as we have so, so many things to do here. There's also the Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260) where you can involve yourself with battles if you're interested in that as well as the many generation discussions we have around the forum. You're in for a wonderful journey throughout PokeCommunity so be sure to keep posting around. :) Discuss your favorite games or other aspects of the franchise you might enjoy, like the anime or manga, perhaps!

Have an amazing time on PC, Binary, and be sure to let myself or another staff member know if you need help! We'd be happy to show you the ropes, though our members are just as wonderful. All-in-all, everyone's amazing and you should never hesitate to contact us! Have fuuun.