Ylan_D
August 4th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hello PokéCommunity :)

I am Dylan :)
my nick is Ylan_D !

I am a PokéFan too soo...
What do i say about me ?-...

I Like Pokémons and Pokemon Games
I Have Pokemon Platinum(my favourite) and Pokemon SoulSilver :)
Some times i program PHP, MySQL, Command Prompt(I have a Windows 7 :))
But now my wish is Create a Pokemon GBA Rom
I know, i know its hard but i can.:)

Ok in basic is that...
Here i am a new PokeCommunity USER :) !!

Tsutarja
August 4th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hello there Dylan, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Yeah, I'm sure all of us here like Pokémon, or else we wouldn't be at this nice little community! xD So you like Platinum and SoulSilver, eh? The Fourth Generation Gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238) section here may be an appropriate place to start out with! And you're into PHP and MySQL, eh? I'm not too into MySQL but I love coding in PHP, but I haven't done it in a while, but feel free to head on over to our Technology & Internet (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57) section here if you want to talk about PHP and MySQL! And if you want to ROM hack, then I suggest you check out our Emulation & ROM Hacking (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) section here on PC, which does get quite the activity! :o) Over there you can get help on getting a head start into hacking, download others' hacks, and maybe eventually showcase your own hacks! And feel free to browse around the rest of PC as well and post wherever you may feel comfortable in posting! We have lots to talk about here with Pokémon, alongside roleplaying, art/drawing, and even some off-topic discussions! We are also booming with activity 24/7 because we're literally growing by the minute here and we have quite the large worldwide community here, so you'll really like it here! =D

Anyways, as a reminder, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to look at the rules so that you do not wind up getting into trouble! The last thing we want to see here of a new member is them getting an infraction simply by not following the rules, but I have my trusts that you aren't that kind of person, Dylan! ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may possibly need them! We also have our own Community Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) section here if you want to ask questions about the PokéCommunity there as well, or even leave feedback about the forum or make a suggestion for the forum as well! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Dylan! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

Sheep
August 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Heya Dylan! Welcome to PC, awesomepossum to meet you. n~n

Platinum was one of my favorite games too, though I sadly don't have it anymore since I gave it to a friend and she hasn't even gotten past the first gym yet. :( It's been at least two or three years! Maybe I'll ask her for it back since I really miss it.. Diamond and Pearl are good but definitely not as good as Platinum. Fourth Generation Gaming will be a wonderful little area for you to dive into as a Pt and SS fan; you can discuss those games there, as Zach said, and even log your adventures in the travel journal thread.

It's really awesome to hear that you program, though! :) I'd love to learn in the future. I was mostly interested in things like C++ and Java so I could make some cool games, though HTML/CSS is always fun since I'd like to start up a website one day. Have you been programming for a while? Is that something you plan to pursue as a degree or is it more of a hobby? I'd love to know! You'll definitely have a pleasant experience working on your ROM hack here as well as we have a lot of tools you can utilize, like the Toolbox (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66) for mods and other additions to your game and Team Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68) for when you're lookin' to put a team together. It might be a bit confusing to explore around there at first but I assure you you'll get the hang of it if you stick around and ask for help if needed. The lovely DrFuji and giradialkia moderate Emulation and they're always here to point you in the right direction if need be. Just remember that they're a bit busy so you should give them some time to reply, right? I'm always open to answer any questions you might have, though I'm sadly not the best person to go to for hacking-related inquiries since I'm not a hacker. I can try to show you the ropes of this place!

Be sure to have a lovely time and stick around, Dylan! You're going to fit in swimmingly and if there's anything we can do to make your stay better, let us know. Hope you enjoy posting around the many places here and be sure to explore around the whole forum rather than just a single area or two.. you'll have a great experience that way and meet so many wonderful people. Of course it's up to you in the end but we just want to make sure you enjoy it here. <3

See you around!

Axeliira
August 4th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I am caught by the use of your name...it's interesting. xD But anyways, welcome to the forums, Dyl. ;3

You'll totally have the opportunity to create a Pokemon Hack based on your ideas. The Emulation section, in which the above two mods have linked to you, is a great section to get started on your hack. We have all the help, the tools, the tutorials and more. There's also people over there who are more than welcome to help you out with your hack as well...or you can get some people and form a team in the near future. Yeah, I agree that creating a ROM hack is hard, but if you have motivation, perseverance, and ambition, I know you can do it!

I wish you the best of luck...and don't remind me...I have to take a PHP/MySQL class in the fall semester. xD

Have fun, and see you around. <3

Ylan_D
October 31st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the hospitality.
:)

But how i can post a Thread ?:)??

Sheep
October 31st, 2013, 09:52 AM
Hi Ylan_D, welcome back! You can post a thread by going to the appropriate board and clicking the "new thread" button. It's very easily found so I'm sure you'll have no issues finding it! But PC sadly doesn't allow bumping of threads older than a month in most boards and this one's from August, so I'll have to close it, sorry 'bout that! :(

Feel free to message me or another staff member if you need some more help, though.