PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Captain Oshawott
August 4th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen, fellow Pokemon fanatics alike!

I am Shad0wChas3r, with one of the most generic L337 usernames ever! If it makes it easier, I am known as Mister Oshawott on other forums.

Been in a bit of a rut for the past couple of months, haven't touched a Pokemon game since then. Until the other day, however, when I finally picked up my HeartGold version and started it over for a Nuzlocke Challenge playthrough. Ever since, Pokemon has really been on my mind, but most of my other forums consist of other fandoms, mainly Halo or big-name console exclusives.

I decided to search for a community with which shares the same feelings as I do about the Pokemon Franchise. I never really let the fellows on my other sites know that I was a Pokefanatic, not of shame, just because they straight up never owned DS' or Game boy colors. I think they missed out on good times, but I digress.

My search for said community has brought me here. At first, I was introduced to the site with the image of a Porygon being ripped apart by Joltiks, and assumed it was down. However, I wasn't going to give up so easily, and registered for an account, just to be sure. Sure enough, I took note that at the same time I had joined, easily thirty other people took the chance as well!

With that, I am glad to have found this place, and I'm eagerly looking forward to getting to know you guys as much as humanly possible.

Sheep
August 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Oh the good 'ol Porygon and Joltik image.. you have our lovely Sylphiel to thank for that artwork, hehe. Welcome to PC! :D

Challenges are really wonderful and definitely one of the best ways to keep interested in Pokemon since there are so many different ways to play. Though I'm unfortunately still stuck on my unevolved playthrough in HeartGold.. on Clair nonetheless. Sadly my team of a Cyndaquil, Mareep, Poliwag (soon to be replaced with Seel), Bellsprout, and Phanpy just isn't up to par with her severely overpowered Kingdra. Well, I suppose good things don't always happen. >_>; Glad to see you've already found our Challenges (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202) board so hopefully that keeps you entertained here for a long while to come! There are many different challenges to join and the moderator frequently holds events for her regulars to participate in. It really is a great place to be here.

But d'aww... those people definitely missed out. Playing Pokemon as a kid changed my entire outlook on things. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but the franchise was and is literally so amazing that it's hard to pull away. Are you mostly into the games or do you involve yourself with other parts of the franchise, such as the anime or manga? A lot of us adore the games but there is a whole lot to Pokemon.. as great as the games are, they are only a small part of what makes up the series, right? So from the looks of things you have a lot of forum experience so I'm sure I won't need to outline the rules or anything.. you're going to fit in awesomely! :) There's a whole lot to get involved in here and we have a really nice community full of huuuge Pokemon fans. Do hope this will end up being one of your other home forums.. it certainly has for me and many others.

Have a great time here, sir Oshawott! Let me or another moderator know if you need help or want to talk. Looking forward to getting to know you as well so perhaps we can exchange some profile messages to get to know each other? That'd certainly be fun and a great way to start off your forum journey~

Have fun! <3

Hikamaru
August 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Shadow, welcome to PC!

Hate to say this, but I happen to love Oshawott a lot, and that avatar is so cute but funny at the same time. Glad to see you joined because we are a very diverse and our members are all helpful and love to help newbies like you in any way they can. Glad to see you already found the Challenges section here, the fun challenges there are definitely worth looking at like the ever-popular Nuzlocke and it even ranges to things like monotypes, Gender Discrimination and many more.

That picture with the Joltiks and Porygon that's used when the site is occasionally down was actually made by our very own Sylphiel so if you see her around, you should tell her how awesome the pic looks. I'm sure you'll be able to make some new friends along the way because someone out there might share interests with you. Also, read the rules so you don't get into trouble because it's always sad when new members break even the simplest of rules. Otherwise, if you need help you can either contact a moderator or even ask in Community Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) where someone should be able to help.

I do hope you enjoy it here at PC, Shadow!

- Hikari10

Captain Oshawott
August 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Much appreciated warm welcomings, Hikari and Cirno. Thank you.

I mentioned the games a lot in my post, mainly because I really haven't followed much on the Anime. Something about the new cartoon is off with me, maybe the nostalgia that Misty isn't there anymore, or that I've missed so much about it. I dunno.

As for the rules, it is always customary for me to familiarize myself with the rules before I introduce myself. However, if I did break the rules with my post, I do apologize. It does appear the challenge area will most likely be my housing, but that won't limit me. You'll more than likely see me around the PC.

Thanks again!