PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Game Intro?

Peitharchia
August 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
The purpose of an introduction is to give the player a good first impression and also to fuel their desire to play the game. Some video games have long introductions, and some have short. Which video game, in your opinion, has the best introduction? Why do you think so?

Miss Doronjo
August 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
My faaaaavourite video game opening is Tales of Destiny 2's opening:

KD-aTg_rYO4

Essentially it's like an opening to an anime, but, I really like how this shows us a breif overview of the game. :3 And for me, it's pretty much the best opening. <3

In general, I do love the opening to all the Tales Games; most notably, ToD2, Tales of Abyss, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Vesperia, etc, etc.

Magic
August 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
And final fantasy game? <_< Aha.

The latest games especially, since it's like watching a movie.

ShadowE
August 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hands down: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

MVbeoSPqRs4

It shows Kerrgians goal and how the Zerg acts. And a giant Battlecruiser collapsing on a planet is just plain awesome.

Mr. X
August 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Hard for me to decide really. This is one of my favorites though.

pJ6v934-KR4

Fenrir Reki
August 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM
The opening for God Eater Burst is by far my favorite opening in any video game:

6HRLshdOUok

Arcturus.
August 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mass Effect 3 has a really great and emotional opening in my opinion.

«Chuckles»
August 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Dgk5cUGsz-U

Since its like watching an anime made by miyazaki

Mr. X
August 10th, 2013, 12:21 AM
I've always preferred 2's opening.

Anyway, another favorite.

ZlPJtrfb5jI

Slayer1986
August 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I cannot decide, so I must add all three

RvZWOG8QkOg
dUSZ2tCQ_Ko
0FdYd7jOn6M

Apple Juice
August 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Agreeing with Shawn here, my favorite openings to games all come from Tales games haha. Vesperia and Destiny top my list, but there are a lot of them. I love it when the incorporate an anime-like opening. It adds the effect that you're partaking in a journey that you've seen on television, if you get what I'm saying haha. I definitely when the developers take the time to perfect an opening and make it a quality one.

Tlachtli
August 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Genetic control.
Information control.
Emotion control.
Battlefield control.
Everything's monitored... and kept under control.
War... has changed.

zv3GYgy0NH8

MGS4 is one of my favorite game openings. Most war games like CoD, Battlefield, ect. glorify war and the patriotic violence and such. MGS4 takes a more somber tone saying that people have become grossly efficient at killing each other to the point of being machine-like, and are generally becoming robotic in nature when it comes to war.