PDA

View Full Version : New Here!

ErikaInRainbowCity
August 10th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi guys, I'm a new user here to PokeCommunity! You may call me Erika ^_^ This website is so huge... I'm a little overwhelmed hehe.. but I guess I'll have to start here. So, I'm from the United States and I'm currently attending community college. :D My username is based off one of my favorite characters and my favorite city (Celadon) in all of the Pokemon games.. although I can't say Grass types are my absolute favorite :P

Cadance
August 10th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I love you already. I am also a fan of Erika & Celadon City! Erika just so happens to be my favorite gym leader and grass types are my favoriiite <3

Welcome welcome welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you and to see you here. I understand that the forums are extremely overwhelming, and big. But there is nooo worries whatsoever. I'd be more than happy to show you around. <3 I've been here for three years, actually, and I can tell you fo sho that the forums aren't as bad as you think. ;)

You'll even find fans like you that love grass types, or Erika or anything you like! Head over to Pokemon Clubs, as there miight be a club solely for Grass-types (if there isn't, you can make one!). You can also discuss anything Pokemon, like the games, the anime, the TCG, and many many more. Even the Manga too. :D There's sooo much stuff to do here, and you're just on your way to fun.

Drop me a message if you wanna be friends & stuff! The staff members in blue, orange, and red are people you should ask questions if you have any, of course...and well, have a wonderful time here! See ya around, sweetheart! <3

ErikaInRainbowCity
August 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Hello and thank you :) I'll have to check out the clubs when I get a chance.

Hikamaru
August 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hello Erika and welcome!

I guess Megan covered most of your intro but that won't stop me adding my part too. Erika is one of my fave Kanto Gym Leaders and Grass-type Pokemon are cool. I do know there isn't a currently active Grass-type club in Pokemon Clubs but you should be able to reserve and make one because it's been ages since an active Grass-type club was there. PC has loads of other places too, and given I have been here for around over 2 years I know from all the experiences.

PC has loads of sections you can browse and loads of broad topics, I'm sure you'll make some new friends given you'll run into so many people here. Have an awesome time here, and if you ever need help don't hesitate asking a moderator like our Welcome Lounge mod Cirno, she definitely won't bite but she does love Grass-types too.

The name's Hikari btw (not my real name fyi) and I do hope to see you around PC!

- Hikari10

Sheep
August 10th, 2013, 05:48 PM
D'aww grass types are so cute, though. *~* But that's okay! You like Erika so that is a great thing alone, she's my favorite of the Kanto leaders next to Sabrina. :)) And your signature is amazing to boot! Welcome to the forum!

I can understand being a little overwhelmed by the forum since most of us were at first.. the place is huge, after all, like you said. But you shouldn't ever worry since the forum's not as big as it appears once you've gotten used to it, especially since you'll be seeing a lot of our members all across different boards. We're always exploring and posting new topics; there's always room for more people and you seem like you'll fit in just fine. If you're an Erika fan, maybe you'll enjoy posting around the generation 1-3 boards? It's pretty awesome to think that Kanto was in three whole generation of games. Guess it was just that amazing... though nothing beats Crystal, hehe.

College is tough, though! I'm going into my fifth year at the end of this month so that's been a pain. What are you studying? I changed my major a year in so I'm a little late on graduating, but luckily I only have four classes left for my major and then five more credits to hit the requirement. Hope everything's going good for you in that regard!

Anyways, be sure to enjoy your stay on PokeCommunity! Remember to contact a moderator if you need help or ask in our Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) board. We're all here to listen and be your friend if you'd like; don't ever be scared! Have a great time on the forum. ^^

ErikaInRainbowCity
August 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM
College is tough, though! I'm going into my fifth year at the end of this month so that's been a pain. What are you studying? I changed my major a year in so I'm a little late on graduating, but luckily I only have four classes left for my major and then five more credits to hit the requirement. Hope everything's going good for you in that regard!

Not sure yet actually though most likely Marketing or even Teaching :) I hope I won't have to change my major but knowing me I prob will.

Quick question, is there an different way to directly reply to someone? See, I put your question in quotes so I could distinguish it but is there a different way.. something that is used more often? Or does everyone just put things in a quote box? Sorry I don't frequent forums often lol.