PDA

View Full Version : Fresh meat, here.

SinfulGuroRose
August 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hey, PC. I've really been wanting to join for a while, but I'm always really nervous about joining new communities. U wU You look like a swell bunch, so I really hope that I can get over my fear of talking to people and get integrated with the community.

Sheep
August 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Aww.. you really shouldn't worry. :) I was always nervous about joining communities as well and it took me a few months or more to really open up around these parts. The forum is big so that could be a little overwhelming but.. once you've gotten involved you'll realize that we're not as scary as we seem! People are really nice and friends are really easy to make. Welcome to PokeCommunity! <3

Looks like you've already started exploring and making posts so that's a great step in the right direction, as is making an introduction. We're super happy to see that! Just keep doing that and you'll be meeting lots of awesome members and will definitely not be scared anymore. Maybe you can start by telling us a bit about yourself? Some of your interests, when you got into Pokemon, what you do in your spare time, and all that jazz. I get the feeling that you have knowledge of forums so you probably won't need anyone to guide you around here, but if my assumption is wrong you can always ask for advice. The members are all really knowledgeable and eager to help out a newbie in need.. and we're also more than eager to chat. :D Since you're into PMD you're instantly awesome; I've really only ever played Gates to Infinity but want to play the others so much, haha. Wish I had a copy of the games since emulators just aren't my thing for games like those with a lot of controls. Conquest was another really great spinoff with a pretty unique twist to Pokemon.

Anyways, have fun around here, okay?! Feel free to contact a staff member if you encounter any problems or post in the Questions & Feedback (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) board. We're here and willing to listen! I'm also more than happy to be your friend so if you're interested just drop off a message! If you put yourself out there and talk to others you'll definitely have an amazing experience. Keep on checking back and have a lovely, lovely time.

SinfulGuroRose
August 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Ah, goodness, thank you for the warm introduction! I suppose that for some reason, once I got out of my weabo stage, actually approaching people on any site that's not tumblr got super hard for me. U wU

Well, uh, I think my love for Pokémon started when I was... 5? with my first Pokémon game, which was either Pokémon Stadium or Hey You, Pikachu! (Gosh, I have a love/hate relationship with that game. I really want to play it again, but my attempts to find it in yardsales have been for naught.) Ever since then most of my games have been Pokémon, despite the fact that I despise grinding. >XB

I actually have yet to play Gates of Infinity, but I want to so bad. Graphics are a huge thing for me when I pick a game, and GoI's graphics are just the cutest little things. ; v; I haven't heard of Conquest, though. I'm gonna have to go look that up!

And, uh, again, thank you for the welcome! I'll try really hard not to write out posts and not post them, like I am wont to do about 3/4 of the time. > u>;

«Chuckles»
August 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM
It's easy on the internet because we are just faceless cats, you can probably get "Hey You, Pikachu" off Ebay or Amazon.

Welcome to the community if you want friends you can add me :D

You might be interested in the Pokemon X/Y section or even the Pokemon Spin-off section and if you don't feel like talking about pokemon there is a general off topic area at the bottom of the page with forum games and all.

Welcome

ErikaInRainbowCity
August 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
If you like feel free to add me as well :) I used to have the same fear of talking to people over the internet lol but it is a lot easier than communicating in person if you want to look at it that way :)

I getcha though once you leave tumblr for a while it feels like you're walking into a whole new world lol

Hikamaru
August 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Aww your avatar is so cute, welcome!

Like what Cirno said, don't be nervous. Everyone you're seeing right now were once new to PC at some point. Everyone here is friendly and would love to help you any way they can, because PC is like one big happy family and with the ever-so diverse memberbase you're sure to see how everyone is different. I recommend the Fan Clubs & Groups section, as well as Pokemon Clubs as good places to start. Joining clubs can be a great way to make new friends.

There's also the Daily Chit-Chat (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303509) in the popular Chit Chat & Polls section, which gets a lot of activity as far as non-Pokemon sections go. You'll make friends quickly over there too I'm sure. Like what Cirno (listen to her, she knows her stuff) said you can always ask anyone if you need help, like staff members such as herself, but there's several helpful non-staff as well!

Have fun here and I hope to see you around PC!

- Hikari10

Limerent
August 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Sinful, welcome to PokeCommunity! I'm not going to ignore you because you're socially inept! >.> I am too, so I know it can be hard sometimes, I'll try alleviate some of the struggles you go through by reaching out and saying hi :) Wait, is this a conundrum, How can I be socially inept if i'm being confident and talking to a new person?

Anyway, Hi, i'm Mark, 17 years old, Australian, Quiet Nature and I spend most of my free time on a computer or playing video games. I don't go outside much, except for school... Everyone here is super friendly though, i'm sure you'll feel right at home in no time! :) Do you like Pokemon? I do, it's pretty awesome, sometimes I wish I was a Pikachu, he's too cute ^.^

So yeah, I hope you have a good time on PC and if you want to chat or just post random things on my wall send me a VM anytime, you sound like a nice kind of person, one who would be good to get to know so I'll send you a friend request ok? Bye now!