PDA

View Full Version : Most shocking / memorable gaming moments?

Miss Doronjo
August 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Us, gamers, have a variety of video games, however, some events in each video game makes more of an impression on us than others.

...What are your most shocking and most memorable moments in your video game history? *just remember to put these in spoiler tags*, with the game name or event in question.

machomuu
August 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Given the subject matter, I think that we should have a format for this. You know, like:

Game Title
Spoilers are fair game in the spoiler tag
And possibly non-spoiler comments here.

It's just a suggestion, but these types of threads can give way to unwanted spoilers just by scrolling through.

Miss Doronjo
August 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I've added "Put these in spoiler tags" then.

Of course, I'd thought would of been a given anyway~ Now, let's stick back to the main topic. ^^

Libra
August 12th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Okay i have some:

Shocking moments:

Borderlands 2:
Roland's death, i mean i grew up with this guy in Borderlands 1, became lvl 69, defeated many bosses and even Crawmerax, and then seeing him die... Kinda shocking

StarCraft 1 (and a cinematic in StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty)
The betrayal by Arcturus Mengsk upon Sarah Kerrigan, leaving her behind with a massive Zerg force that took her away. I loved Kerrigan as she was, and i was mad and even i wanted Mengsk dead back then...

Most memorable

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

That moment i was in a 1v1 for league placement and i didnt thought i would win. But then a small mistake from my opponent turned the game into my favor and i managed to win and reach Silver League.

Borderlands 2

I farmed a lot for legendaries back then, but i was so lucky that i found a pearlescent weapon all of a sudden.

SomariFeyWright
August 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Cave Story:
Having to fight Toroko in the Sand Zone warehouse. You briefly saw Toroko for the first time in Mimiga village and she clearly came off as a young bunny girl with her heart in the right place, putting a lot of effort into protecting Sue from harm by her own friends. She is then kidnapped by the Doctor's servants under the misconception that she is Sue. A little girl has been kidnapped, and you need to stop the Doctor's plans and save her along the way.
CUT TO SAND ZONE. At the end, the Doctor has infiltrated the warehouse and found the Red Flowers. With the desire to "Test" their potency, he brings in Toroko. The poor girl tries to get away, but Balrog stops her and FORCEFEEDS her the Red Flowers. King comes in to try and save her, but the loss of herself has already commenced. King attempts to attack the Doctor, but is struck back by a sudden lightning bolt formed by Misery. You then enter the building, and the Doctor smugly greets you, before informing you that Toroko is now under his control, and leaves her as a "gift". You then proceed to fight her.
And once you defeat her, yes, she is actually dead. The worst part? King dies immediately after the battle ends.

Keizaal
August 12th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Bioshock 1. Everyone who has played this game will know what I'm talking about.
To those who don't
You find out that you're actually a programmed slave and the man you though was your friend, the guy who you were helping out was actually your enemy and was forcing you to do this with your "slave phrase", "Would you Kindly"
That game is the mother of all plot twists. I doubt anything could beat it. (Although my explanation is kinda crappy ^^')

And of course Bioshock Infinite.
The whole game was a ocean filled with confusion and plot twists. Finding out Elizabeth is actually your daughter and you're traveling through worlds and breaking the space time continuum and yadeyadeya. (Well, not REALLY, but it makes your head spin) The ending left me a sobbing mess :(

DISHONORED!!
FINDING OUT THE GUYS YOU WERE HELPING TO GET EMILY BACK BETRAYED YOU AND POISON YOU AND LEAVE YOU TO DIE AND THEY TAKE EMILY TO BE AN EVIL TYRANNICAL EMPRESS WHILE THEY ARE MAKING HER THEIR PUPPET OH MY GOD I WANTED TO PUNCH MY TV. *ahem*

That's all i can think of right now...

xxkaylabby
August 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
The Last of Us
i'm not near the end, but the beginning with sarah dies. i seriously cried.

Uncharted 2
when Elena and Nate get together. ah they're just so cute!

Mr. X
August 12th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Infinite Space

Kira ends up blowing Arguns face off, at point blank range, after he almost kills Yuri.
Katilda and the related scenes that occur if you don't recruit her. Poor Roth, poor Nele.

And for memorable,

The Elgavan's flagship, a Borodino Battleship, ramming the Lugalvian's lead ship at full speed. The Lugalvian ship survives it, without a scratch. Or an Eremon put it - I believe I felt a bump.
Any time a super weapon is fired. Expecially the Stelalumo Laser (It's fired a a moon, pretty much point blank range, as it's about to crash into the planet.)
When Yuri gets his revenge against Eremon.

No vids, that I know of, for these scenes sadly. I'll see about putting some up though. (Well, except for the Katilda scenes. No. Just... no. A bit to depressing for my tastes.)

Fairy
August 12th, 2013, 10:10 PM
The end of the first Dead Space game.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxeib3dnxO1r1b9vqo1_500.gif

Ugh, when Issac looks in the passenger's seat and Nichole is there but she's clearly some deformed Necromorph hallucinated version of her. That moment wasn't just scary, it just left me feeling so sorry for Issac. Like, everything was going to be okay NO WAIT HE'S CRAZY NOW omg it never ends
And of course when Roland effing dies too.
D:

Endless
August 12th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Assassin's Creed

I never knew that there was a second storyline involving a bartender known as Desmond Miles. It was very shocking for me to learn that Assassin's Creed was simulated with the help of an Animus, a device that can read a man's DNA and give them knowledge about their ancestors.

I would've liked it better if they revealed Desmond Miles and the Animus at the end of the game, and not the beginning.

Zero°
August 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn:

Part 4 of the game was just shock after shock after shock altogether. I think everyone who's played it knows what I mean, seriously. Black Knight/Zelgius battle, Lehran turning out to be an enemy, my two favourite characters, Sanaki and Micaiah happen to be sisters. This game is just good at bringing up plot twists one after another

Mother 3

Oh my god this game had the saddest shock at the end when the Masked Man ends up being Lucas' brother and the flashback scene in the middle of the final battle just makes it even more sad. The most shocking part was when Claus shot Lucas with lighting and it ended up reflecting back at him and killing him.

T!M
August 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Beating Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran and beating Halo 4 on Legendary solo.

Recent Shocker:

Assassin's Creed 2
That fat jerk who betrayed Ezio's father and two brother. I mean! HOW CAN YOU HANG A CHILD? Now I'll never find out why I hopped on building's roof to get feathers. >_>

Arron13
August 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Well there's a couple that come to mind

Assassins Creed 3
When Kenway is a templar. Man that was so awesome! blew my mind

Bioshock
Would you kindly

Apple Juice
August 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Definitely this.

Halo: Reach
The entire third act was just a jumble of jaw-dropping moments. For example, Captain Keye's voice for the first time in nine years. The ending of the act, however, really struck home with me. As Noble 6, fighting valiantly until you finally passed left me breathless. I honestly felt an urge to clap at the screen.

And I'm not even a big fan of FPS games.

T!M
August 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Update

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
'Shock and Awe' mission in the 2nd act. When the nuke goes off it was amazing. The following mission, if you can call it that, was 'Aftermath' which puts you in the shoes of Sgt. Jackson as he draws his final breaths in what remains of the city affected by the nuke. Over the horizon of the level, you can see the ominous mushroom cloud looming over you. Incredible.

'Shock and Awe'
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100319193120/callofduty/images/thumb/5/5c/Shock_and_Awe_nuke.jpg/180px-Shock_and_Awe_nuke.jpg

'Aftermath'
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110511163049/callofduty/images/thumb/7/7e/Aftermath_Campaign.jpg/300px-Aftermath_Campaign.jpg

Mr. Avocado
August 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
The ending of Far Cry 3
Both endings I found very shocking. If you save your friends, Citra dies and she's telling you with passion in her eyes not to leave her and to stay, then Jason tells her "I'm sorry" as his final words to her. The ending in which you side with Citra, you kill Liza and then Citra kills you. It just takes a while for you to realize what has just happened either way.