PDA

View Full Version : Oh, hi there.

Lucky1Yena
August 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I've been here a while, but I haven't posted much yet. Mostly I've been just downloading tools and hacks, the ones I've enjoyed so far are Liquid Crystal and Shiny Gold.
I figured, hey, I might as well make myself known.

So here's the thing. I'm a Pokémon fan (games only, not much of a fan of the show or cards), my favorite Pokémon (glitch and otherwise) from each generation are as follows:

GenI: Missingno., Mew, Growlithe, Arcanine, Dragonair, Ditto, Magikarp, Gyarados and Vulpix.
GenII: Unown, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Wobbuffet, Raikou, Entei, Sneasel, Houndour and Houndoom.
GenIII: Poochyena, Mightyena, Electrike, Manectric, Absol, Shedinja, Deoxys, the Regi Trio, Zangoose, Torchic, Blaziken, Salamence, Beldum, Metang and Metagross.
GenIV: Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Lucario, Giratina, Arceus (shame that one is unavailable) and Heatran.
GenV: Lillipup, Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom (though I haven't caught him yet), Emboar, Zorua, Zoroark and Yamask.
GenVI (so far): Fennekin, Xerneas, Gogoat and Honedge.

Along with all 8 of the Eevee family.

More about me can be found in the following spoiler.

My first Pokémon game was Silver, so I am technically a Johto boy.
My all-time favorite Pokémon is Mightyena.
I'm a n00b at competetive battling, but I have won a few wi-fi matches. Most of my losses have been against people from Japan.
I'm a novice ROM hacker. I only hack for myself right now, but with practice I will eventually consider releasing some work here.
I am autistic.
I believe in upholding rules as much as possible.
I'm not very active but do drop by sometimes.
My wi-fi is the type "WPA" so only Black/White version or above work with it.
I have yet to bother looking up my "Friend Code" or whatever you call it.

Poki
August 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
hai der

Salamence FTW ^^

Sheep
August 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I started out downloading hacks myself many years ago and can definitely say that we have one of the best libraries of Pokemon hacks out there. Liquid Crystal and Shiny Gold were amazing! I was so sad that Shiny Gold was never really finished though... :( That was my favorite one ever.

Welcome to PC though, Yena! Hugs and great to meet you.

The games are very popular here so of course you'll have many discussion threads to discuss all sorts of things related to them and even more people to meet. Your favorite Pokemon list is veery similar to mine.. so I have a feeling we're going to get along very well. ;P I love Zangoose, Absol, and Mightyena especially! Hopefully they make cool new wolves eventually since poor Mightyena just wasn't very strong. I used him regardless, though, and had so much fun. <3 There is a whole lot to discuss here and seeing as you're such a big/longtime Pokemon fan I'm sure that means you'll have a great experience. ROM hacking is another wonderful thing to try out but it's even better to see that you're making an effort to get involved with things in the community; branching out gives you the better experience, even if you don't plan on being very active. You've made an intro which is an awesome first step so things can only go uphill from here.

Good luck with your forum and hacking journey! I'm sure you know to stop by the Emulation board if you have questions about that so I'll just end this by saying I hope you have a great time around the community. We're all really cool here and always around to help out and such if needed, so don't hesitate to contact a moderator anytime~ have a great stay! :3

Lucky1Yena
August 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
hai der

Salamence FTW ^^

Why hello there.

Did I supply too much information earlier? Or was I more in-depth than most people?

Are there any areas of this site you'd recommend?

And as for you, Moderator Cirno, thank you for the very well-worded welcoming. I'm hoping they remake Ruby and Sapphire after X and Y hit the shelves. They're due for a remake soon, judging by the pattern that's followed so far (gen1 remade in gen3, gen2 remade in gen4, so gen3 must be remade in gen6 right?).

Anyway, yep, been a fan since I was about 7, and I'm nearly 20 now.

Poki
August 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Why hello there.

Did I supply too much information earlier? Or was I more in-depth than most people?

Are there any areas of this site you'd recommend?

And as for you, Moderator Cirno, I'm hoping they remake Ruby and Sapphire after X and Y hit the shelves. They're due for a remake soon, judging by the pattern that's followed so far (gen1 remade in gen3, gen2 remade in gen4, so gen3 must be remade in gen6 right?).

Anyway, yep, been a fan since I was about 7, and I'm nearly 20 now.

As a hardcore Pokemon fan myself, I'd say that the information was just enough.

I'd suggest the ''Pokemon Clubs'' section and the ''Emulation & ROM Hacking'' one, I think you'd like it there.

I'm a new member here as well (I joined 3 days ago), I think we might get along. ^^

Meganium
August 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Oh no, nononononono. xD No intro thread is too long! I think you did okay for your first post! No worries!

Here's some complimentary cupcakes for your welcome gift. <3

http://31.media.tumblr.com/332b729c3068e47b78ea80dc44ec7079/tumblr_mrh4azh97R1r1c3i3o1_500.jpg

Welcome to PC, Lucky. <3 I'm also a 2nd generation person as well. Yay for that! I actually own Silver, and I still have it stored! It works still, but I'm not sure if it works now, but I really want to try it someday...just to live the nostalgia. What's your favorite Pokemon of the 2nd gen? Mine is...quite obvious!

Some areas of the forums I'd like to recommend are probably the most actives ones at the moment. First off, are you psyched about the new games coming in October? The 6th Generation section (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256) is probably a good place to start since there's a TON of Pokemon speculation and discussion of the news coming out! We also have a 5th Gen board (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200) under that one, and there's also the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) board where it houses Generations 1-4 along with challenges and general gaming discussions. :D

And there's also the Off-Topic discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25) where most of the PC members go in and just...chill and get to know one another. Or debate...or fangirl about most things...or just play games xD.

Those are probably the most visited ones I can think of right now, but there are others! Right now, why not visit the ones I just mentioned? I know you'll like them!

Have a wonderful time here, and don't hesitate to contact Cirno or any staff member in bold blue, red, or orange names if you have any questions or concerns. <3 Have fuuuun!

Lucky1Yena
August 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM
My favorite 2nd gen? Houndoom. Definitely.

I'll check out the whole site in more detail later. I'm still settling in.