View Full Version : My Introduction

August 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hello fellow members of Pokecommunity, my name is Malik Edwards. I am from Fort Lauderdale , Florida and I am very interested in pokemon, which should be obvious. I grew up loving pokemon as a young boy between the ages of 5-7. I am now currently 12, in 7th grade practicing to become a Web Developer/Programmer/IT Technician. I have many plans and things I'd hope to do in my future or while I stay on pokecommunity. So far everything is running smoothly, and I am very interested in ROM Hacking. I have decided many Coding Languages, but never mastered any. That is because sometimes it is hard for me to remember and and every coding language. Some languages I have practice are in this list here :
1. C++
3. CSS
4. C+
5. Python
6. Javascript
7. Ruby
8. Lua
9. HTML5

I just hope I could be given the chance to become a great ROM Hacker here, and provide the best I can towards them.

Fernando Torres
August 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Welcome DarkScrambled! :3 So I herd u like ROM hacking? If you like ROM hacking as much as you do, you can scroll down the page to the Emulation and Rom Hacking section of the forum! :) You seem to be a genius in the making and we at PC welcome you warmly! I hope you enjoy your time at PC! I will be looking forward to see if you successfully create any ROM hacks. If you need anything, ask a Moderator or even me if you like! :3

Have a great day!

August 14th, 2013, 1:29 PM
Thanks for a such a warm welcome. It's nice to know that you like ROM Hacking, it seems like a big thing here for the most part.

August 14th, 2013, 5:50 PM
You're 12 and you know ALL THAT? I am mind blown because I've been trying to get a C++ class all month and I have nooo luck :( You should probably tutor me sometime! That would be pretty awesome. xD

Anyways, greetings Malik! Welcome to the PokeCommunity. It's a pleasure to meet a fellow programmer/computer nerd like you. I'm working on an IT degree at this time, in hopes of pursuing a tech career in the health industry. Because well...they'll need one! What do you plan to do with IT when you get older?

ROM Hacking is a big thing here at the PokeCommunity, and we have a place just for you at the Emulation/ROM Hacking section (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)! It's a big section there, and you'll pretty much find all you need over there. If you plan to create your own ROM Hack, you'll find the tools, the tutorials, and so much more. Since you have experience in coding, there's a good chance that you'll understand the advanced stuff in ROM hacking, because... yeah, it requires some basic coding knowledge too.

I wish you the best of luck though! We should nerd about technology sometime. <3 Drop a VM on my profile & stuff, and be sure to read the rules, alright! See ya around and have fuuuun :)

August 14th, 2013, 8:27 PM
Haha, sounds cool to have someone like myself around. Try using Udemy or youtube tutorials for C++ it helped me alot. Or you could just google some stuff involving it, also I havent yet decided what I would do as an IT Tech. Since I am young I havent really planned out my career that far as of yet.