PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Discussion

Peitharchia
August 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/x6bg2x.jpg

Call of Duty is a first-person shooter game. The series originally started on PC, and it was later made available to consoles and handhelds. It's one of the biggest gaming franchise on earth, and its latest game, Black Ops 2, have gained more than $500 million in sales within just 24 hours.

How do feel about Call of Duty? What's your favorite CoD game? Do you play it for fun, or do you play it competitively? What's your kill/death ratio? What are your favorite weapons? Use this thread to talk all about these subjects!

Wobbu
August 16th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I don't own any Call of Duty games, but I've played my friends' versions and it's ok. I'm not that much into FPS games. Steam had a free online multiplayer demo one weekend, so I downloaded it and the server was busy the entire time... So that's my CoD experience :P

Shizzable
August 17th, 2013, 05:59 PM
For a long time, I didn't know what to think about CoD. It's certainly fun to play, but I never considered it "good." Then I found this video:

Gpe_VTBSOUg

I think this is the best analysis of CoD anyone has made, and I encourage you guys to watch it. It finally gave me an actual point of view on the series.

Aeroblast
August 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Call of Duty I think has the same game Guitar Hero has had, It's currently being milked dry. Guess what, Call of Duty and Guitar Hero, they're from the same publisher, Activison.

Phantom
August 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Well, I play CoD far too much. Mainly Black Ops two.

When you get into actual clans and tactical stuff, it can get pretty intense. My clan is pretty laid back compared to some, but we're still pretty damn good. We play competitively.

My K/D right now is pretty crappy, like, below a 1.0, I'm working on getting it up, lately though my average per game has been about a 2.45 or so. I'm just working on getting the overall up to snuff so to speak. I've been doing pretty awesome lately and moved up to the top of my clan with a point per minute score of 237 on average.

Also, that vide... I didn't agree at all. And while some of the stuff that guy is saying makes sense, I don't think he took a completely unbiased take on it as he said he would. Perhaps in the beginning somewhat, but as it went on his bias became apparent. Especially when he began talking about how it's 'taking away' from other games that need it.

The thing is, if the game sucked, then why is it such a huge franchise? Why do so many people play it? The question answers itself. If it sucked we'd lump it with something like say ET and move on.

For its genre, as a first person shooter, it certainly does not suck.

I will admit though, the community pisses me off to no end sometimes. The ten year old kids that shouldn't even own the game, the jerks, the sexist... let's just say it's not a great community when it comes to being a female gamer. But you know what? Doesn't take me away from it, because the feeling when you completely wipe the floor with that guy that just told you to go make him a sandwhich or something equally clever, pretty good feeling.

Most of the time, everyone save my clan are muted.

That's another thing, working with friends, a clan, community, whatever, it changes your perspective. My clan and I are pretty tight.

Try this article (http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/callofdutydoesnotsuck.html) instead of the vid.

T!M
August 18th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I enjoy the series, the story much more than the MP. In terms of skill these are how I rank in each game.

1. Black Ops
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Black Ops II
4. Modern Warfare 3

I don't count my other two games (CoD4 and WaW) because I haven't had any type of extended play on the MP since they're infested with hackers/modders.

Ckbruin
August 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I don't exactly *love* the series, but it is overall a great shooter. Perfect for playing with friends. Admittedly, the community IS a bunch of trolls/10-year-olds, but if you COULD take them out of the game, this franchise as a whole would get a lot more positive rep. I own plenty of CoD games (although I didn't get them in order of release date), having Xbox 360 copies for each installment of the franchise since CoD 4 and Steam copies for CoD 4, World at War, and BO2. Personally my favorite game out of the franchise is a toss-up between BO2 and MW3 (yes, seriously).

In terms of KDR - WaW, CoD 4, and MW2 (for the X360) were my beginning games, and I would've been happy to end up with a 1.0+ KDR by the end of a match. If I remember, the ratios are something along the lines of 0.5, 0.7, and 0.8, respectively. Since the more modern releases (MW3 and BO2), I've been getting 1.2-1.3 for my average KDR. Sometimes if I'm lucky I'll get a 4.0+ KDR. I guess you could say that I play most of the CoD franchise as a "competitive casual".

My favorite weapons from each game:
CoD 4: MP5, M40A3, AK-47, P90
WaW: Gewehr 43, Mosin-Nagant, MP40
MW2: all the ARs, M93 Raffica, Intervention (lol, that QS'ing)
BO: Galil, Enfield, MP5K, MPL, Stakeout
MW3: most of the ARs (again), MSR, MP7, PP90M1, MP9, Five-Seven
BO2: Type 25, SWAT-556, MTAR, MP7, MSMC, Vector, R870 MCS, Ballista, DSR 50, Five-Seven

I also play a bit of Zombies, but I mainly stick with WaW or BO Zombies (or, on PC, WaW modded zombies).

I'm not particularly hyped on Call of Duty: Ghosts, which releases November 5th this year. Despite the fact that I "enjoy" the two most recent games, I also have quite a bit of a rage-fest on them, as well. Not to say Ghosts will do the same, but I think the franchise has gotten to the point where Activision just wants as much money as possible before the hype dies down (if it does).

xxkaylabby
August 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
i own call of duty black ops 2. i've only played a couple of the sections in the game. pretty much i only play zombies now.

Peitharchia
August 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released later this year. Will you guys actually get this game, or will you just skip it?

I haven't made a decision yet. I'm a big supporter of Call of Duty, but to to be honest, I'm not really excited about this game. I've experienced a lot of lag issues in Black Ops 2, and I'm afraid of having to deal with the same problems in this game. I'll read a few reviews when the game is released. If the reviews are good, then I may consider getting it.

Phantom
August 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released later this year. Will you guys actually get this game, or will you just skip it?

I haven't made a decision yet. I'm a big supporter of Call of Duty, but to to be honest, I'm not really excited about this game. I've experienced a lot of lag issues in Black Ops 2, and I'm afraid of having to deal with the same problems in this game. I'll read a few reviews when the game is released. If the reviews are good, then I may consider getting it.

The lag issues aren't really the game's fault, it's the hosts or your connection. It's just something that happens, it's not the game's fault that Killa-647 or whatever doesn't have a perfect connection. It's just how the system works.

I will probably get Ghosts, but not for some time, after all I need to save up for a new console for that.

Then I will have a lot of new frisbees.

As I said earlier, I've been working on getting all my subs gold/diamond. The only ones I have to get gold left are the Chicom and the MSMC.

I can own with any submachine gun in the game.

But my particular favorite weapons are the Skorpion EVO and the Type 25.

Apple Juice
August 18th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I've never been a big fan of FPS games, so I don't own any of the CoD games myself. However, I have given them a spin on my friends consoles, and got the gist of how they function and the basic objectives. I think it doesn't deserve the amount of hype it gets, but it's also not that bad of a game. I'm already inclined to enjoy platformer games over any with the FPS genre as that's just my preferred gaming style, but I do like some key aspects showcased in the CoD games and overall wouldn't mind having one for myself. I haven't considered purchasing Ghosts though, primarily because like others have mentioned, the details already released don't excite me enough to warrant it. :/

ShadowE
August 19th, 2013, 12:30 AM
CoD is a game everyone gets since its one of the most popular games atm. Its not awful, but its definetly not that great as everyone says it is. I enjoy playing it (the story being a bit disappointing imo), but so far its only WaW, BO1&2's zombies ill play often. MP sucks cause of the community, but besides that its a game that is enjoyable from time to time, but its not a great game overall.

My fave guns were:
CoD 4: G36C, M4, AK74u
WaW: PPsH-41, Arisaka, BAR, PTRS
MW2: ACR, F2000, FAL (semi-auto guns <3), P90, M21 EBR
BO: AUG, Kiparis, Spectre, Stoner63, L96A1
MW3: -dont have this game anymore-
BO2: MTAR, Vector, LSAT, Ballista, KAP-40

Altair
August 19th, 2013, 02:17 AM
When I first bought the PS3 it came with CoD 4: MW, it was terribly addicting, I loved the campaign and multi player. My favourite in the series has to be MW2, that had everything perfect, from the music, voice actors, gameplay ,etc.
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Ghosts, I'm not sure I'll get the PS4 on release though...

T!M
August 19th, 2013, 02:23 AM

Although it looks suspiciously like MW3. I will be getting it. It looks fun and the customization of your soldier sounds fun. As well as the squad stuff.

Favorite Guns

CoD4: M4 Carbine and the M1911

Modern Warfare 2: M4A1, AK-47, FAMAS, ACR, SPAS-12, USP, UMP .45, MP5K, PP2000, M16A2, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Black Ops: AK-47, Commando, Makarov, SPAS-12, Stakeout, AK74U, MP5K, MAC-10, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Modern Warfare 3: M4A1, M16A2, MK14, AK-47, ACR, SCAR-L, USP, Striker, MP7, Semtex and Concussion grenades

Black Ops II: FN FAL (Full-Auto only), TAC, Remington, MP7, Bouncing Betty, Semtex and Concussion grenades.

Favorite Attachments

CoD4: Suppressor.

MW2: Holographic sight and Suppressor

Black Ops: Reflex Sight and Suppressor.

MW3: Holographic sight, Hybrid Scope and Suppressor.

Black Ops II: Grip, Suppressor, Red Dot Sight and Laser Sight.

Favorite Perks Across all games.

Sleight of Hand, Quickdraw/Fast Hands, Steady Aim, SitRep/Hacker and Blind Eye/Ghost.

Favorite Killstreaks across all games.

UAV, Ballistic Vests, Chopper Gunner, Advanced UAV/SR-71/V-SAT and Tactical Nuke.

Azure Rathalδs
August 19th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I have only played 5 minutes of Modern Warfare, and never touched the series again. I think the backlash for the series is very unjustified and is a example of hating something because it's just popular.

ShadowE
August 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Everyone is talking about Ghosts already, but Treyarch has one more map pack on its way for Black Ops 2, including a zombies level with the characters from WaW and BO1.

Im most certain i will get this and it will be the first DLC i get from BO2, since i dont like the characters in BO2 zombies, in fact, i think they are annoying. I loved being the drunk Russian and slaughtering the undead with a PPsH, but i just couldnt stick with any of the 4 characters in BO2.

T!M
August 19th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Im most certain i will get this and it will be the first DLC i get from BO2, since i dont like the characters in BO2 zombies, in fact, i think they are annoying. I loved being the drunk Russian and slaughtering the undead with a PPsH, but i just couldnt stick with any of the 4 characters in BO2.

I've never been good at Zombies. Ever. It's not fun for me. Although I've always been interested in the lore of the mode. Just can never live long enough to hear/see it in-game

And the reason people are talking about Ghosts so much is because the MP reveal was only a couple days ago.

Speaking of which, did anyone else watch the livestream/On-Demand coverage of the the Multiplayer reveal?

Peitharchia
August 21st, 2013, 04:35 AM
Quick update, guys! According to an announcement from Gamescom, CoD: Ghosts will be quicker and a lot smoother on Xbox One, because it will have dedicated servers. This will greatly reduce the chances of disconnections, lag, and other type of errors.

Also, Activision has released a new Ghosts trailer last week, which showcases their multi-player game mode. Feel free to take a look (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2uN1gwxM8o) if you're interested! =)

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Quick update, guys! According to an announcement from Gamescom, CoD: Ghosts will be quicker and a lot smoother on Xbox One, because it will have dedicated servers. This will greatly reduce the chances of disconnections, lag, and other type of errors.

Also, Activision has released a new Ghosts trailer last week, which showcases their multi-player game mode. Feel free to take a look (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2uN1gwxM8o) if you're interested! =)

Yay! More good news about this game. :D

ShadowE
August 21st, 2013, 06:16 AM
After seeing that i can say im definetly getting Ghosts... Geez it looks so good and the new features i see looks sick.

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
After seeing that i can say im definetly getting Ghosts... Geez it looks so good and the new features i see looks sick.

My only qualm with the game is the gritty style of the graphics. I wish it was "brighter". I just looks like MW3 again. "LOOKS" clearly it isn't the same game. (Thank god)

ShadowE
August 21st, 2013, 06:22 AM
My only qualm with the game is the gritty style of the graphics. I wish it was "brighter". I just looks like MW3 again. "LOOKS" clearly it isn't the same game. (Thank god)

I cant quite tell that since i dont have MW3 anymore so i have no idea what it looked like (or i just could play MW2 since MW3 looked a lot like MW2)

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM
I cant quite tell that since i dont have MW3 anymore so i have no idea what it looked like (or i just could play MW2 since MW3 looked a lot like MW2)

That's true. I was more or less comparing the graphics to Black Ops 1 and 2 which have brighter more colorful graphics.

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
The only problem that makes me not play CoD so often is the huge ammount of kids that rage/insult or even scream when they die...

This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFecWJqJF_M&list=TL82lfXsqDJE4) shows kinda how bad kids can be in CoD. Warning though, you might wanna put your volume down greatly... This kid screams loudly O_o

T!M
August 22nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
On XBL if you go to preferences there an option to turn the voice volume down so all you hear is the game and none of the children whining like little girls.

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
The only option for PS3 is just to mute them, havent seen anything with turning voice volume down. And i often forget to mute everyone

T!M
August 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Ah, than do that brother. Kids are annoying. >.>

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Well i have to agree, but there are some occasions some kids just freak out that you just want to do it over and over.... im so evil >.>

T!M
August 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
You're not the only one, man. >:]

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
RPG blasting them over and over or even worse... Knifing them in Gun Game xD

T!M
August 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm glad were on different platforms. Lmao.

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
You would not wanna face me in CoD... I dont play too serious and mostly grab idiotic weapons lol

T!M
August 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Lol. I'd be like *Rushing with an SMG

*Shadow blows me away with an RPG/SMAW

ShadowE
August 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Exactly... Thats how i would play. Running around with a RPG/AT4 (since i mostly play MW2 =P) and running Scavenger... My day is complete :D

Mr. Avocado
August 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
My go-to noobazoid class was always Grenade Launchers and RPGs w/ Danger Close. Explosive fun for everyone >:3

T!M
August 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
In the mission "Time & Fate" Frank Woods tells David Mason (The Main protagonist) how

in 1988, he accidentally killed a civilian (Raul Menendez' (The Main Antagonist) Sister, Josefina) with a stray grenade.

David questions Wood's motive as to why he would do this and finally asks

Woods, You don't lose your %$@@,What the $#%! happened in Angola?

Warning BIG spoilers below

In the previous level you rescued Woods who was being held captive on a cargo crate on a barge in Angola. When you enter the crate to retrieve him; there are countless US soldiers bodies, dead and decomposing from weeks of being left in a crate. Woods himself looks very bad, but is still alive. In the end you get Woods back to the states and he helps you with all the flash back missions.

To Mason, Woods tells him why he "lost his stuff" when he saw Menendez and thew the grenade.

Menendez wanted to know what the CIA had on him. He tortured my men in front of me, thought I'd break. One... by one, I watched my team die, he threw me in a tin can, locked the door, left me there for weeks. So, yeah, when I saw Menedez again... I LOST MY %#@!. WHAT THE ^*%! WOULD YOU DO!

And that's the focus of the thread. In this situation, where your teams life would be in your hands. Would you sacrifice their lives for the safety of your country. Or would break to save their lives and compromise your country's overall safety.

The Thoughts In My Brain That Made This Thread

• Played "Time & Fate"
• Listened to the part above
• Thought if the soldiers he let die to protect the United States were angry because he let them die.
• Asked myself what I would do.

ShadowE
August 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I was playing MW2 just for fun yesterday, and somehow i achieved a what people call a "quad feed kill" with my P90. I didnt realise till some guy screamed i got one. Im not really into things like that but it was pretty funny it happened to me when i just didnt played serious at all

Ckbruin
August 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I find that, at most times, Call of Duty is unfair in that it always puts me against all the prestige masters and those people who spend their entire lives playing this game. I just played for about an hour and I lost EVERY single match. Which NEVER happens. So, my question is, does anyone ever criticize the matchmaking system or find that they always get paired unevenly in a match (whether it's aligned to your side or the enemy)?

T!M
August 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I find that, at most times, Call of Duty is unfair in that it always puts me against all the prestige masters and those people who spend their entire lives playing this game. I just played for about an hour and I lost EVERY single match. Which NEVER happens. So, my question is, does anyone ever criticize the matchmaking system or find that they always get paired unevenly in a match (whether it's aligned to your side or the enemy)?

I've just stopped playing Black Ops 2 online altogether. That game is beyond broken and Snipers are king.

Plus the Killstreak requirements are absolutely outlandish.

PatrickZ
August 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
MW2 was the only one that I felt I had to keep playing because it was so fun

Mr. Avocado
August 25th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I really hope Infinity Ward have done a good job with Ghosts. I mean, hopefully they have identified what made certain CoD games more popular than others and act upon it. Modern Warfare 2, had it's cons, but arguably the most pros as a MW game. Now look at BO2 and see why it is as bad as it is. None of this futuristic garbage, I would like to see a game that is an improvement on the MW series with a difference in story, setting but with a feel of familiarity so it feels "right". That's what I'm hoping for.

Phantom
August 27th, 2013, 01:49 AM
I've just stopped playing Black Ops 2 online altogether. That game is beyond broken and Snipers are king.

Actually, nowadays, snipers are getting kicked in their daddy bags. Submachine guns and LMG's are owning everything. Though lately an obnoxious amount of people are halo-ing with shotguns.

There are plenty of gamers like me that don't even touch sniper rifles.

RPG blasting them over and over or even worse... Knifing them in Gun Game xD

We had a buddy in my clan who was so good at knifing in Gun Game that he'd go POSITIVE just by knifing the entire match. But he left the game for good. So in his honor we still play his Gun Game, a custom mode where if you get knifed you go back ten kills instead of one.

Also, to the one upset about matchmaking, it doesn't go by rank. There are actually a lot of factors on putting you into a lobby

Kyrul
August 27th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Can't stand the series. There's nothing tactical about it, all you do is run and gun. Every match is the same, I can't find satisfaction in the kills I get. Every weapon feels the same to me, so back when I used to play it I just completely stopped using guns and just started knifing everyone. Hell all the new releases in the series are the exact same thing, I don't see the point in spending another 60 dollars for a map pack. The community is annoying as hell, can't go one match without hearing constant *****ing.

T!M
August 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Can't stand the series. There's nothing tactical about it, all you do is run and gun. Every match is the same, I can't find satisfaction in the kills I get. Every weapon feels the same to me, so back when I used to play it I just completely stopped using guns and just started knifing everyone. Hell all the new releases in the series are the exact same thing, I don't see the point in spending another 60 dollars for a map pack. The community is annoying as hell, can't go one match without hearing constant *****ing.

Fair enough. People who play the games to this day either like the game play or are so good at the game (not me) they have gotten use to everything.

I put my XB voice feature (for other players) on mute and enjoy the battle chatter in-game. Much more refreshing to 12 year olds shouting that you hacked. Lol.

ShadowE
August 29th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Okay that was random xD

Yeah the little kids are the most annoying yet hilarious people when it comes to CoD
Also i think IW should make the killstreaks for Ghosts like in MW1, so that no one friggin camps for their high-end killstreaks, or even better, completely remove them.

Slayer1986
August 29th, 2013, 03:50 AM
It was okay untill after MW2. Same useless game engine since 2007, storylines that take 4 hours to complete and the single handedly the most unbalanced and annoying multiplayer ever. Also, winner of worst fanbase in videogames since 2009.

Peitharchia
September 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
Activision has previously stated that in CoD: Ghosts, players would be able to transfer their in-game profiles between various video game consoles. Well, according to this report (www.nowgamer.com/news/2064816/call_of_duty_ghosts_no_character_transfer_across_platforms_between_xbox_and_playstation.html), that's not going happen. What are your opinion on this?

It's not going to bother me, honestly, because I'm getting this game for only one console (which is my Wii U). It'll affect those who are planning to play it on two or more platforms, though, and it may upset them quite a bit when they hear this news.

Airhead
September 3rd, 2013, 03:13 AM
~Toxic to the Touch Scavenger Hunt~ (moderator approved).

Well done, Toxic Treasures! You have uncovered the little clue I set out for you.

Here is the next:

Just received a Gameboy Colors, a lonely child lays its solemn eyes on a small cover with a rather interesting decor with small animal like creatures. Picking it up, he feels a flutter in his chest, this is my new hobby! My favorite memory, the day I got into Pokemon!

Good luck, kitties! ^^

(had to remake this so people would acknowledge it's existence.)

Flushed
September 3rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
I've played a lot of Call of Duty in my day to be honest. I see where all the rage comes from, but more than anything I think the people are more amusing than annoying. I'm not too bad myself I don't think, but since I'm in college now with no Xbox, I can't foresee myself getting Ghosts.

T!M
September 3rd, 2013, 05:59 AM
I'm going to try to get Ghosts. It looks interesting and I would be a bad CoD fan not to get the next installment just as I would be a bad Halo fan for not buying the next installment.

Black Dynamite
September 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM
i takes a special type of tolerance to not rage in cod.
i rage quite a bit when i use to play. but i dnt bother wearing my mic if i'm just going to shout and scream lol. I'm excited for ghosts although i wont be getting it around release time.

which call of duty did you guys play the most?
for me it was mw2. i played so much i think i had 115k kills and i have around 90k on mw3.
what is your favorite gun?
f2000. i know im a wierdo. got the gold skull title for it and everything.

Serene Grace
September 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
CoD sucks. Rather, the game is amazing in theory but there are two things wrong with it in practice: the connection and the community.

The connection, when bad, is the worst of any multiplayer game I've ever played - simply because of how quickly you kill people and die in the game. When it lags, people shoot you around corners or, on your screen, you hit them with 4 bullets and on their screen nothing registered. When the connection is good; like when you're host for example - things run a lot smoother and the game is a lot of fun. The connection, from my personal experience is about 60% good and 40% bad so at least its tolerable, right? Wrong. The Call of Duty mutiplayer community is the worst community of any multiplayer game. Ever. You start to kill people so they sit in corners to wait for you. You get a high killstreak, the dashboard the game (if they're host, the game ends and if they're not, you have no one to play against). They use the most annoying perks to intentionally slow down the game and it becomes very stale and repetitive. I'm an above average CoD player with around a 3.5 K/D and a 2.5 W/L playing completely solo (on Black Ops 2) and I'm done with the game pretty much.

It's funny, in Modern Warfare 2 - my first CoD game - I have 16 days played, with 10 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2 is 9 days played with 15 prestiges completed. Modern Warfare 3 is 4 days played with 9 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2? 2 days played with 0 prestiges completed. That pretty much says it - and it's a recurring pattern with a lot of CoD players I know. Another thing that is odd about the game is that in MW2 I had a 1.95 K/D, BO1 - 2.75 K/D, MW3 - 3.1 K/D, BO2 - 3.5 K/D - it seems the "better" you get at CoD, the more frustrating it gets. Honestly, I would not recommend this game just because the community - at least the vast majority - are immature as hell and need to grow up.

Edit: Will I be getting Ghosts? Probably not. Even if I do, it'll be long after I've finished enjoying GTA V, Skyrim and The Last Of Us - which I don't forsee in the near future.

Jet Pilot
September 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I play Modern Warfare 2 a lot, I can't play the new ones (I'm terrible at them). The whole fan base in general is ridiculous.. I DO love to play it though even with the constant bickering. The problem with CoD now is that there's so many hackers, it's pretty much unplayable. (Well on MW2, I dont play MW3, BO1 or BO2)

ShadowE
September 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM
MW2 is one of the best games, and the only reason besides MW2 why i play CoD is cause of the Zombies mode of Treyarch's line of CoD games. I find the Zombies mode fairly addicting

Peitharchia
September 14th, 2013, 02:15 AM
A new CoD: Ghosts single-player campaign trailer was released a few days ago, which shows us the player (along with the US army) being taken into space to battle against a group of foes. Click here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz1qWp5TZp8&sa=X&ei=xi80UqWTJYGHrgGqooDwAw&ved=0CBsQqwQ) if you wanna see it!

So, what are your thoughts on this, guys? Are you going to enjoy fighting in the outer space? Do you think that the space should be featured in multiplayer, too, or should it should remain exclusive to the story mode?

ShadowE
September 14th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Oh god... I dunno how this will work out in multiplayer, since low gravity can be abused in so many ways that it becomes sort of imbalanced. I think it should stay in single player cause i can see the hate for a multiplayer map like this coming

Peitharchia
September 28th, 2013, 03:37 AM
I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:

Bruce Banner
October 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm super hyped about the newest Call of Duty game, Call of Duty Ghosts. It release in about two weeks and it can not get here quick enough! When Ghosts coms out, I will be pulling many overnighters. When BLOPS 2 came out I had a gaming fest that lasted about 36 horus straight. lol

I personally enjoy the Call of duty games. Yes they get a lot of crap from people, but I personally think that the franchise is one of theb est in the gaming world. Activision can produce games year after year that sell the most and are played by more fnas than almost any of gaming franchise. My favorite Call of duty game is probably Modern Warfare 3. I started playing competitively in COD: WAW then stopped playing. When MW3 came out, I started playing a lot again. MW2 would probably be my third favorite after WAW. I play it both competitively and for fun; nowadays I mostly play the games for fun. I haven't played them in a while seeing as the shooting genre of games is my worst genre competitively. My KD ratio for BLOPS 2 and MW3 was under 1 because I mainly ran around in Kill Confirmed a bunch and let my little brother play on my account. My favorite weapon types are SMGs. My least favorite would probably be BLOPS, I just really didn't like them that much. The story was good, but I didn't like the look of the game and the online multiplayer wasn't as fun.

Mr. Avocado
November 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Since Ghosts is on it's way I thought it would be nice to start talking about it, discussing features within the game.

Multiplayer is gonna be quite different this year. Well, the actual gameplay will still be familiar but things such as Squads being introduced, 20 new killstreaks, Clan Wars and all the other stuff. What are you guys thoughts?

Squads vs Bots looks like something people will enjoy, unless the they mess the bots up. It's always nice to be able to do something on multiplayer without all the kids being annoying.

I'm gonna show what's on the CoD website about the new Squad game modes:

Wargame
In Wargame, you can play on your own or cooperatively with up to 5 friends against an opposing squad of bots. Game modes will vary from Team Deathmatch to Domination to Search & Rescue, giving you the opportunity to hone your skills and strategies for different game modes and maps – the ideal training ground for online Multiplayer

Squad Assault
In Squad Assault, you can invite up to 5 friends to play cooperatively as your created squad members, taking on another player's AI-controlled squad. Test your squad's skills against another player's customized team of soldiers across a variety of game modes.

Squad vs Squad
Equip your squad and head into battle against another human player and their squad. Squad v. Squad matches you up against another player of similar skill level and rank in a game of Domination, Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed or Blitz. Level up your soldiers and create the ultimate squad to ensure victory.

Safeguard
Play cooperatively in a group of up to four soldiers taking on waves of enemy combatants. You start with a very basic load out and a friendly AI squad member that you can call in for support, and throughout the game, support drops arrive containing various weapons, perks and kill streaks to help you defeat the enemy onslaught. As each wave passes, the difficulty level increases, with 20 waves in a standard match, 40 waves in "Safeguard Extended" and unlimited waves in "Safeguard Infinite" - see how long you can survive.

And I also wanted to know what you guys think about Extinction:
Extinction is a completely new 4 player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling rounding out this robust new Call of Duty: Ghosts game mode. Teamwork and communication are essential when playing Extinction, as your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.

ShadowE
November 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:

I was so hoping for this... No more quickscope lobbies where i get randomly invited to and people getting mad at me for using a sniper as it should be...

Bruce Banner
November 5th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Bought this game last night. If anyone has it for Xbox 360 post about it on here. I've been looking for people to play with online to help me win more games. :p

My short version of the game. It's decent and fun, but Activision could have done a lot more with multiplayer.

Mr. Avocado
November 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Bought this game last night. If anyone has it for Xbox 360 post about it on here. I've been looking for people to play with online to help me win more games. :p

My short version of the game. It's decent and fun, but Activision could have done a lot more with multiplayer.
Have you tried any of the new game modes yet? What are they like? I want to pick this game up but I want to know if it's worth doing it now or during some sort of sale.

ShadowE
November 5th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I havent got this game yet either, but watching some gameplay and a bit of the story makes me wanna get it... They did a great job with this so far from what i've seen... but idk how the story will turn out... thats my main concern when ill buy a game

iiSoup
November 5th, 2013, 06:13 PM
On XBL if you go to preferences there an option to turn the voice volume down so all you hear is the game and none of the children whining like little girls.
or you can be in a party and avoid it all lol :)

ShadowE
November 6th, 2013, 07:09 AM
On a sidenote, i heard that Ghosts got some negative reviews on it, and that the game is pretty crap on PC.

For instance you cannot Alt-Tab in-game or adjust the FoV.

Nuke
November 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN. (though it doesn't spoil much anyway so if you're very curious watch it anyway)

5E82ZkHTiVU

Thought I'd post this here, it's unbelievable how lazy this is.

But yeah, I'm not buying it this year after how terrible Black Ops 2 and MW3 were. The original Black Ops was hardly amazing either. I miss the MW2 days.

ShadowE
November 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN. (though it doesn't spoil much anyway so if you're very curious watch it anyway)

5E82ZkHTiVU

Thought I'd post this here, it's unbelievable how lazy this is.

But yeah, I'm not buying it this year after how terrible Black Ops 2 and MW3 were. The original Black Ops was hardly amazing either. I miss the MW2 days.

Holy... that is just lazy as heck indeed... IW only caring about the money, regardless how much work they did on it. Also IW doesnt give a crap about PC gamers, which is really unfortunate.

幕之内 一歩
November 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I want to like Call of Duty. I do.

Being in the military, I'm a fan of military shooters and guns in general, I enjoy the thrill of having intense fire fights.

I just can't get around the Madden-like qualities CoD has. Every year it's a minimal upgrade from the previous game. Graphics are tweaked, but never really improved upon. Guns are more or less the same in each game and it's the same terrible connection issue each and every game that the developers either don't care to fix or don't know how. Though that could be fixed if they looked at other games that have in match spawns. And the last reason I'm not a fan (and yes I realize it's a game so tweaks must be made) but the blatantly stupid mechanics they offer for certain guns, not to mention none of them sound like their real life counter part. Take for instance the Python in Black Ops, they had a snub nose attachment. Is it a real modification to the weapon? Absolutely, but what it increased was damage and.... accuracy? Are you serious? Anyone that knows anything about weapons knows making the barrel shorter destroys weapon accuracy.

Then let's not forget the 'AWESOME' community CoD has. It's full of so many fan boys that are ignorantly blind about how great the game is and waste countless hours on it that it's honestly hilarious. Never have I seen so many people take off work to play a game at midnight release and for days on end. The last time I played a CoD I was already playing against prestige 1 AND 2 by the time I got the game at a decent hour the next day.

*sigh* Like I said, I really want to like CoD but I can look at Ghosts and know what it's going to be like. Exactly the same as previous iterations with small modifications that the developers try to pass of as game changing or innovative.