PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda

Miss Doronjo
August 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/LadyDeath/1152602747_aa7b90e0ec.jpg

The legend of Zelda is a action-adventure Nintendo series. Basically, you control a character named Link, trying to save Princess Zelda from Ganon, or Gannondorf. Link wields something called the Triforce of Courage, Zelda wields the Triforce of Wisdom, and Ganon wields the Triforce of Power, which combined, makes the master triforce. During your journey, you collect items like the Master Sword, Arrows, Bombs, and so on, in order to solve puzzles, slay enemies, and clear dungeons. There are also a wide variety of race and characters for you to meet as well - like the Zora, the Gorons, The Kalay, and so on.

But with all that, this topic is to simply talk about the Legend of Zelda series! So, what Legend of Zelda games have you played, and which are your favourite? What legend of Zelda item is your favourite? What are your favourite enemies? What was the hardest boss in your opinion?

Feel free to share all thoughts~! ^^

Apple Juice
August 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Legend of Zelda is probably one of the most recognizable figures in video gaming, and for good reason, The game's iconic characters and unique storyline seperate it from its competition, creating a gigantic fanbase and thousands of followers. As many people adore the games, I never got into LoZ, haha. It just wasn't my thing. I respected the series a lot and I never questioned why it was so popular, but I never bought a game for myself. My brother's a big fan of it, though, and so I've played a few of them that he's already finished. I think my favorite is still Minish Cap, but I loved a lot of them. There's just something about that recognizable green cap and sword that makes Link such an amazing hero, lmao.

KriegStein
August 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Ive played the original, the sequal, Ocarina of Time, Majoras mask, Link to The past, twilight princess, Skyward sword and wind waker. And I like Twilight princess and majoras mask the most. favourite item? Ugh...I can newer remember these... Zoras Tunic...duh! Hookshot is okay. Megaton hammer and that eagle eye thing are other which I like.
Favourite enemies or bosses? Enemies: darknuts. Bosses: Ghirahim, Ganondorf(s), Ganon(s), Zant and that Goht or whats its name...

Hardest boss...ugh...Gyorg (with a broken camera controlls).

Peitharchia
August 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Skyward Sword is my favorite. In the entire Zelda series, Skyward Sword had the best combat system. To defeat your enemies, you didn't have to do any sorts of button-mashing. You just had to take a few steps, hold you Wii remote tightly, and swing your arm. Whenever enemies were near me, it truly felt like I was battling them, and not controlling someone to battle them for me. I also liked the game's art style. It wasn't too dark, it wasn't very bright, and it wasn't very colorful either. It was in-between, which's perfect.

KriegStein
August 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Skyward Sword is my favorite. In the entire Zelda series, Skyward Sword had the best combat system. To defeat your enemies, you didn't have to do any sorts of button-mashing. You just had to take a few steps, hold you Wii remote tightly, and swing your arm. Whenever enemies were near me, it truly felt like I was battling them, and not controlling someone to battle them for me. I also liked the game's art style. It wasn't too dark, it wasn't very bright, and it wasn't very colorful either. It was in-between, which's perfect.

Agreed mostly. Skyward sword had the best combat of all zelda games. Although at times they were a bit... Agrivating. Although for me...(flame shields up) The art style was a let down... I liked it BUT i liked Twilight Princess more. For me It was the opposite. It was too bright and way too colorful. (not saying these are bad things but for me it was a bit too much.)

Zero°
August 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
LoZ is my favourite gaming franchise next to Pokemon. I've been playing Zelda games for as long as I can remember, my first being The Oracle of Seasons, and I will continue to play all future LoZ games until my death. Majora's Mask is my favourite game in the series, next to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I just loved the overall darker theme it had compared to other Zelda games, plus it was one of the more difficult ones. It took me a good time to beat it and it is so far the only Zelda game I've been able to complete 100%, all heart containers, masks, extra quests, etc. The only games I have yet to play are Skyward Sword and OoT Master Quest.(just because of the increased difficulty) I heard Skyward Sword is a really good game and has been called a favourite by many LoZ fans so I just have to buy it whenever I get the chance to.

Miss Doronjo
August 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah; I feel as though Twilight Princess is underrated sometimes. =(

I mean, it had a more dark twist to Zelda, and I even love the different sword skills + the ability to change into a Wolf. <3 The storry was really interesting, and the ways to combat enemies was really innovative!

Which boss from the Zelda games did you find troubling, guys?

For me, it was Bongo Bongo the first time. XD I mean, nowadays I don't find him hard, but... before, he was, ugh, trouble. XD

KriegStein
August 16th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah; I feel as though Twilight Princess is underrated sometimes. =(

I mean, it had a more dark twist to Zelda, and I even love the different sword skills + the ability to change into a Wolf. <3 The storry was really interesting, and the ways to combat enemies was really innovative!

For me, it was Bongo Bongo the first time. XD I mean, nowadays I don't find him hard, but... before, he was, ugh, trouble. XD

I loved the TP sword skills too. (plus wolves are great too) Helm Splitter and Fatal Draw (or what was it) and that jump finisher were my favourite things about it. (Combat-vise) If only that would be in Skyward Sword or the next 3d zelda. (meaning more special moves)

Troubling as in hard or disturbing? For hard the Gyorg still. And disturbing...Dead Hand....UGH...

Zero°
August 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM

Bongo Bongo was a pain lol, just the Shadow Temple in itself was a pain really.
Some other bosses I found annoying were:

-Morpheel from Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess

-Masked Fish Gyorg from Majora's Mask

-Dark Link and Morpha, both from the Water Temple

-Ganon in A Link to the Past lol

-Byrne and Demon Train from Spirit Tracks

lol the water temples gave me a lot of rage plus their bosses were just as annoying. I died at least twice before defeated the above mentioned, more times on the Demon Train than anything else though that thing was the biggest pain ever.

«Chuckles»
August 16th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Played them all, not a big fan of ganondorf though I want to see ganon more often not as just a boss

Apple Juice
August 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
For some reason, I had a lot of trouble taking out Koloktos (http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Koloktos) from Skyward Sword. I didn't mind though, as its design is absolutely marvelous and the way you battled him had me on my feet, haha. Once I eventually defeated him, I immediately knew I would replay the game just to get through that boss battle again. As tough as it was, it was also one of my most memorable gaming moments!

Peitharchia
August 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Bellum (http://zeldawiki.org/Bellum) from Phantom Hourglass was the hardest for me. This boss had three separate stages. In the first stage, you had to fight against Bellum himself. If you beat him successfully, he takes form of a ship and heads to the sea. In this stage, you were required to get into your own ship and fire cannonballs from it. Finally, when you were done with that, you go to the third stage. Now, Bellum takes control of your friend Linebeck (http://zeldawiki.org/Linebeck), and turns him into a monster. You needed to fight this monster with the help of Phantom Sphere that Ciela (http://zeldawiki.org/Ciela) had given you. This was one of the longest Zelda battles I've ever experienced. xD"

Keizaal
August 16th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I've only played a few Zelda games, but I loved them all. (Ocarina of Time, Four Swords Anniversary, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and only the beginning of Twilight Princess) I do agree that Bellum from PH was hard, I always died at the third stage where he possesses Linebeck, because I didn't know what to do. ^^'

AND OH MY GOD DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE WATER TEMPLE FROM OOT

Miss Doronjo
August 17th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Speaking of which, what are your favourite Dungeons?

Mine is the Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time. I used to think it was pretty creepy with all the gore and the Dead Hand and stuff, but, it took a real shine to me as being reeeeeeally cool and creative~

KriegStein
August 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM

Mine is the Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time. I used to think it was pretty creepy with all the gore and the Dead Hand and stuff, but, it took a real shine to me as being reeeeeeally cool and creative~

I liked shadow temple and bottom of the well...however I might actualy like Hyrule Castle (TP) more also that water dungeon from Skyward Sword was great. (the one with Koloktos)

Peitharchia
August 17th, 2013, 06:52 AM
My favorite dungeon was Ancient Cistern from Skyward Sword. It's one of the greatest water dungeons I've ever been to. The items that could be found in this place are very rare, it had great obstacles, the music was a perfect fit, and the boss battle was quite challenging. Also, did you guys know that the entire dungeon is based around a famous short story known as The Spider’s Thread (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spider's_Thread)? That's pretty cool.

Apple Juice
August 17th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Dungeons are a huge part of why I like the Zelda games, so I enjoyed a lot of them, but I think my favorite would be the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess. Even though TP was probably one of the lesser Zelda games, I felt like this dungeon stunned me from start to finish. I mean, it's a city floating in the sky. That's a pretty solid indicator that whatever's inside it will be amazing. The boss Argonok, who fight at the very top of the city, is quite the menacing one and I loved taking him down. The music that went with the City fit perfectly and added a lot to this dungeon. However, what makes the City surperior to the other dungeons is its item, the Clawshot.

Zero°
August 17th, 2013, 02:19 PM

Definitely Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. I loved every aspect of that dungeon, the creepy music, having to use all of your mask forms and then how it turns upside down, Twinmold and having to use the Giant's Mask to face them <3. It was definitely hard, especially collecting all the fairies there, but I did and the reward was amazing. I always seem to have the theme from that Temple stuck in my head.

xxkaylabby
August 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Legend of Zelda is such a popular video game series. the only one i've completed is the ocarina of time. i remember spending about two days on the game with my little sister. we just sat there and played it. i need to seriously play some more of this series.

Miss Doronjo
August 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Are you guys going to get the Legend of Zelda games that are going to come out soon?

There's the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Wii U remake:

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-9.jpg

Annnd the Legend of Zelda for 3Ds:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/erikkain/files/2013/04/Link-Zelda-3DS.png

Apple Juice
August 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Oh man, the graphics for Wind Waker look so clean, I'd love to pick it up if I owned the console! It was one of my favorite games on the GameCube, and I played it a bunch of times with my brother, so I'm sure with the upgrade in graphics it would be even more entertaining! A for the 3DS game, I probably won't get it, but I'm glad that LoZ is still coming up with new things to sell. Even if they're remakes, if they improve upon the originals enough, then I think it's worth the buy. From looking at those two screenshots, it looks like they'll be more than worth it.

Peitharchia
August 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I've played Wind Waker on my GameCube once, but I never got to finish it. I was only up to the third dungeon, Tower of the Gods. I have no problem with getting this game again. This time around, I will make sure that I complete the story. As for the 3DS game... I wasn't planning on getting it at first, but after watching the E3 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qAluniNRibs), my mind has changed. xD The game looks a lot of fun, and it would absolutely suck to just miss out on it. I will buy this game the day it's released. If I can't manage to do that, then I will buy it the next day.

Water Gym Leader
August 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Of the big 3 (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) Zelda is my favorite followed by Pokemon. I hate Mario.

My favorite Zelda games in order from most favorite to least are;
The 2 Oracles (tied), Awakening, Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (tied), Wind Waker, Ocarina, Majora, the 2 Four Swords games (tied), LoZ, Adventure of Link, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks.

xxkaylabby
August 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
omigosh wind waker for the wii u looks gorgeous D: must have it.

Miss Doronjo
August 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mmm, I really want Wind Waker for Wii U too. :3 I hope they include extra bits in there too. ^^ Zelda for the 3Ds looks fun as well. <3

Saaay, how about your favourite items in the games? Mine are the Spinner (at least I think it's called the spinner) from Twilight Princess, the Bombchus, the Gale Boomerang, the Hookshot, aaaand the Magic Rod because that's always fun to use!

Peitharchia
August 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Bow and arrow are my favorites. They allow me to hit enemies that are far away, and they can also help solve certain puzzles. The arrow has a lot of variations, such as the ice arrow, light arrow, and the fire arrow, which makes it a very unique weapon. I like bombs, too, because they enable me to break weak walls so that I can visit new places. They're also powerful enough to defeat many enemies. Another of my favorite items is the power bracelet. It allows me to pick up things that are heavy, such as pots, rocks, and skulls.

Fairy
August 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I absolutely loved Ocarina of Time. Loved it. I've played and replayed that game so, so many times it's not even funny; so much so that I've actually begun liking the Water Temple :x. Definitely my favorite on the Zelda-scale by a long shot for nostalgic reasons. I think game play / visuals wise, my favorite was Wind Waker though. That game was just such an awesome overhaul of the Zelda engine. It was colorful, different, exciting (although, I was about 5 years late to the Wind Waker party. I hated the style at first, but it eventually grew on me when I actually played it :p) and was a complete departure from the OOT mold.

Beyond that, Twilight Princess deserves an honorary mention. The darker plot, the developed version of Link, and the enhanced combat makes it the greater of the Legend of Zelda franchise. Haven't played Skyward Sword though cause I'm poor, so I'll get back to you on that lol.

Apple Juice
August 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM
The Gust jar was by far my favorite item. The ability to suck up useful items like rupees, hearts, and just about anything else Link could possibly use to his advantage. All jokes aside though, the Gust jar could actually be the worst item ever created. It was absolutely hilarious, and I could not stop laughing as my brother tried to use it. Seriously, though, the Orcarina of Time is obviously one of the most iconic items in all of video gaming, and I loved what they did with it in the series. Much superior to its relatives in Wind Waker, this instrument captivated my heart as well as many others that played it in game.

Miss Doronjo
August 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Oh gods...
Oh gods, why am I talking about this...

I REALLY don't wanna ask this but... has anyone played or known about the Zelda games for the CDi? >///<

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qc1lw3Br3Vg/Tyf59ib8tTI/AAAAAAAAzU4/baOqrLBEKRI/s1600/9.png

In from Left to right: Link: The Two Faces of Evil, Zelda's Adventure, & Zelda the Wands of Gamelon.

A little fun fact?
They're very well known to be the worse Zelda games in existence, ahaha. You may be wondering: THERE'S A BAD ZELDA GAME? Yes, there is! And these are it, imo. =(

KriegStein
August 21st, 2013, 01:40 AM
Well... I know those...CD-I "games" but I havent played them. I did watch the AVGN episode of them and that gave me all the info I need from those... Everything is wrong with these games... But to be fair the music is sorta good at times.

Kyrul
August 21st, 2013, 01:54 AM
Am I the only person alive who has never beaten a Zelda game? Tried Ocarina of Time, couldn't last for more than 30 minutes. Played it again a few months ago on the 3DS, took me weeks to figure out how to get Link to turn into an adult. A few seconds after he turned into an adult I learned that I literally have no ****in clue what to do so I gave up. Haven't touched a Zelda game since. I refuse to look at online guides.

Peitharchia
August 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM
I've ran into The Faces of Evil in a CD shop many, many years ago, but I didn't bother to pick it up. I'm glad I didn't, though. If I did, then my view on Zelda games would've changed forever. I'm sure. xD"

Aeroblast
August 21st, 2013, 05:24 AM
I agree with Kyrul, I don't like being stuck for hours on end trying to figure out something without a guide. I still recognize Zelda as great gaming franchise, it's just not for me.

.:batto:.
August 21st, 2013, 06:09 AM
Ocarina of Time.
i used to play this when i was really young. my friend had already finished the game and i would just wear the desert tunic around because i thought Link looked awesome in red. :)

im not really big on the series. but i did like the exploration side of it. (as a child)
i cannot wait to get my 3ds when X & Y come out. that way ill be able to play it all over again. :)
oh, and the fishing...