PDA

View Full Version : Rayman Discussion

Apple Juice
August 17th, 2013, 05:14 PM
http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/rayman.jpg
From Mario to Link to Sonic, certain iconic characters have grown to be the face of video gaming. Although not nearly as prominent, Rayman has been in the conversation since its original release in 1995. After the series had been established, it became a monumental force in the competitive world of video gaming and Rayman's recognizable absence of limbs and humble, comedic aurora won the hearts of thousands of fans. It did go through a slight lull in production as the series broke off into primarily the Raving Rabbits spin off. Before the release of Rayman Origins, the last game that only focused on our big nosed friend came in 2005 in the form of Hoodlum's Revenge. Despite Origin's mediocre sales numbers, it was critically acclaimed as the most aesthetically pleasing platform in years. The game play had a smooth and comical feel that made the game special. It's sequel, Rayman Legends, was also a general success. An exclusive for Wii U, Legends focused on more medieval times, packing dragons and castles alike.

This thread isn't only for the most recent additions, though. What are your thoughts on the entirety of the series? Do you want them to release more games like Legends and Origins, or resort to their Raving Rabbits spin off again? Who's your favorite character in the series?

Discuss here!

Endless
August 18th, 2013, 01:53 AM
For me, it's Rayman Origins. The levels were challenging, you were able to play the game with up to four people, character and stage designs were very artistic, and it was just a masterpiece when it came to story and music. My favorite bosses were Murray, Daisy, Dragon Chef, Mocking Bird, and Golem. This was a very fun game, and I'm really looking forward to its sequel, Rayman Legends. It's going to be released on September 3rd in North America, which is almost two weeks from now. =)

KriegStein
August 18th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Ive been a Rayman fan for a long time. Ive played most of the games (starting with the original and ending with origins) and Im looking forward to legends.

I like the origins style more than raving rabbits. But Rayman 2 is still the best game in the series imo. But I wouldnt want them to start making 3d rayman games so soon again. I mean Rayman 3 was great but it had sone design issues imo.

My favourite character is propably Rayman (duh) but I also liked the Teensies and the robo pirates.

T!M
August 18th, 2013, 03:08 AM
The last Rayman game I played was the first one on the original PlayStation around 1997. Fantastic memories.

Apple Juice
August 19th, 2013, 08:31 PM
So, I have a new question for you guys! Which supporting character is your favorite, and why? Who's your least favorite?

My favorite currently is definitely Globox, as for a regular Rayman game he's the iconic clumsy sidekick to Rayman and brings a lot of heart to their courageous adventures.

Endless
August 20th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Betilla is my favorite character. She is the safe-keeper of Great Protoon Orb, which maintains the balance in the Rayman universe. She's responsible for bestowing special powers upon Rayman, and according to rumors, she could be the actual person who created him. My least favorite character is Murfy. He is a nice person (helps Rayman throughout the game now and then), but there's just something about him that's unsettling.