PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Stokesma
August 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hi, my name is Stokesma.

Technically, I joined this community back in 2009 but I didn't really use PokéCommunity much at that time. Now, I've been getting more involved ever since news of Pokemon X and Y came out at the beginning of the year. I've actually been loving so far. At first, I've been a lurker but now I'm trying to contribute little by little! :)

As for Pokémon games, I've played most of the main series starting with Pokemon Yellow back in 1999! Since then, I've always tried to get the newest games. The last game I bought was Pokémon Black. I've been wanting to get Pokémon Black or White 2 but with X and Y coming soon, I don't know if I should get that...
As for side games, I haven't played much just the Pinball and Ranger serie.

My interest in the anime has waned considerably over the years. I might try to get back into some day...

Outside of Pokémon, my interests include baking, learning new languages, listening to music, and watching tv especially telenovelas!

Hope to get along with y'all in the community!

Sheep
August 18th, 2013, 05:40 PM
X and Y have a lot of us seriously pumped and I daresay they're looking to be one of the best Pokemon games to date. I plan on pre-ordering X when I can.. will be the first time I ever pre-order since the game will definitely be sold out if I don't. ;o; Welcome back to PokeCommunity!

It's great to start involving yourself with this place one step at a time. :) An intro is a good first step and I'm sure you'll slowly settle into the forum when time passes. It took me a few weeks to really get into things since I was very shy, but you'll see that there are many nice people here who are always eager to chat. And lots of us are big PokeFans so that's instantly something you have in common with everybody else! I recommend getting B/W2 though, maybe I'm a bit biased but I found those sequels to be waaay better than B/W. Lots more to do and they're a lot harder.. so if you can, try 'em out! :D

D'aww baking is amazing. I need to get more into that - would love to make yummy muffins, cakes, and all that good stuff. Man, now I'm hungry all over again, baha.

Anyways, have an amazing time here Stokes! I hope you'll love PC and keep checking back! Be sure to let a moderator know if you need any help.

Meganium
August 18th, 2013, 10:40 PM
EXCUSE ME DID YOU SAY TELENOVELAS?

http://entertainment.ie/images_content/gif%20youre%20awesome.gif

Which one do you watch?? I'm more into Telemundo's telenovelas (the Univision/Televisa telenovelas are so crappy these days and I just cannot find one that's really good :( ) and right now I'm watching La Patrona & El Senor De Los Cielos. I've been looking for someone to fangirl over telenovelas and omg this is so cool!!

Welcome & it's sooo nice to meet you! 2009 was a long time ago and it's great to see that you'll be active. <3 You'll be even more involved since the 6th Generation section is full of discussions and you'll want to get into them so much :D Have you heard of the new Pokemon: The Origin anime coming soon in October? It's a special that's based on Red/Green/Blue from the original games, and it's totally going to be 10000000000000x cooler than the Ash & Pikachu anime. I'll link you to the trailer if you want to see. :D

Hopefully you'll stick around and hope you have a great time! Contact a staff member like Cirny right above me if you have any questions, and guess I'll see you around!

«Chuckles»
August 18th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah X and Y is hyped to the max I think critics will rate it badly because of how hyped we are that happens though look at Halo 4 (dont talk about the multiplayer) yeah well I cannot wait for X and Y

Stokesma
August 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
EXCUSE ME DID YOU SAY TELENOVELAS?

Which one do you watch?? I'm more into Telemundo's telenovelas (the Univision/Televisa telenovelas are so crappy these days and I just cannot find one that's really good :( ) and right now I'm watching La Patrona & El Senor De Los Cielos. I've been looking for someone to fangirl over telenovelas and omg this is so cool!!

Welcome & it's sooo nice to meet you! 2009 was a long time ago and it's great to see that you'll be active. <3 You'll be even more involved since the 6th Generation section is full of discussions and you'll want to get into them so much :D Have you heard of the new Pokemon: The Origin anime coming soon in October? It's a special that's based on Red/Green/Blue from the original games, and it's totally going to be 10000000000000x cooler than the Ash & Pikachu anime. I'll link you to the trailer if you want to see. :D

Hopefully you'll stick around and hope you have a great time! Contact a staff member like Cirny right above me if you have any questions, and guess I'll see you around!

Yeah, I actually started watching telenovelas during high school. At the time, I only had Univision. I watched a couple of them including Al Diablo Con Los Guapos and Fuego En La Sangre. But once I entered college, I didn't have time for them.
Then, suddenly, in the summer of 2011, I got back into them via Telemundo starting with Mi Corazón Insiste. So far, I have watched that, Corazón Valiente, Pasión Prohibido, and La Patrona to completion!

Now, I'm watching Dama Y Obrero and Marido En Alquiler. I can tell you telenovelas can be pretty addicting!

Yeah, I saw the trailer for Pokemon Origin and I'm pretty excited for that. Something that's different from the current anime seems very promising!

Meganium
August 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Marido en Aquiler is really good too. I'm a bit behind on it though (two weeks behind D:) so I need time to catch up on that! xD