View Full Version : Autosaves

August 19th, 2013, 2:57 AM
One reason why autosaves were created is so that we don't forget to save the game ourselves. Another reason is because when the game crashes, you're able to continue from where you left off. Some games (Mario, for example) save whenever you reach a checkpoint, such as when you enter a new area or beat a boss or a level. Other games save themselves once every few seconds, regardless of what you're doing. What are your opinion on autosaves? Do you like them, or do you prefer to save your games manually?

Apple Juice
August 19th, 2013, 8:58 AM
I like them. There are times when I play a game while having a lot on my mind, and in that case it's pretty easy to forget to save. It's kind of like a safety net to make sure you don't lose your progress. I don't think they should leave out manual saving, though. As great as auto saving can get, doing it manually gives one more reassurance, and I usually save my games at least twice to make sure that I don't lose anything, so I value the choice. Checkpoint saving workings primarily in fast-moving games, and they work fine in them.

August 19th, 2013, 9:03 AM
i like when the game has the autosave feature and you can save yourself. i tend to forget to save my game sometimes, so an autosave feature is great. sometimes it's annoying when you have to go to a check point in order to autosave :P

Satoshi Ookami
August 20th, 2013, 1:43 AM
I like auto saving... I must say it's my bad habit to rarely save and then... something bad happens... :/
So... god bless auto-saving =D