PDA

View Full Version : Swords or Guns

T!M
August 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
In games that allow it, which do you prefer? Picking off people from afar or getting up close and personal with your foe?

Which do you believe is more effective and which do you believe is more exciting and fun?

Peitharchia
August 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I prefer guns. If you were ever on a mission to kill someone, then a gun would be the quickest way to get the job done. Swords could be more painful to the foes, but the only thing that I don't like about swords is that they require you to be near your enemies. Plus, if they easily avoid your attacks, then you may end up getting hurt by them. D:

xxkaylabby
August 20th, 2013, 06:03 PM
i rather have a gun over a sword(:

Youngster Timmy
August 20th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Sword. They're more stealthy and make your opponents death painful.

Mr. X
August 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
http://www.motivateusnot.com/resize.php?name=LzM3OC9Ecml2ZS1tZS1jbG9zZXItSS13YW50LXRvLWhpdC10aGVtLXdpdGgtbXktc3dvcmQtNGIyNTRiYzY0ZmM3ZS5qcGc=&w=550&h=9999&extension=.jpg

It depends on the situiation.

Most of the times I'd go for a gun. Much easier that way.

Blade_of_darkness
August 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
As long as I'm killing stuff, who the hell cares? Not I.

Well... I do lean towards guns slightly...

Miss Doronjo
August 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Ohh, definitely Swords - I grew up using Swords, and I absolutely suck at using guns! D=
While Guns give you that range advantage, it takes reaaaaaal good skill to use a sword. Of course you can argue that using a gun takes a certain degree of skill too, I find that there are more cool techniques upon using a Sword. <3

Tlachtli
August 20th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Revolver/Break-actions > Sword > Other guns

Khawill
August 21st, 2013, 02:35 AM
Swords, I have no tactical reason, I just simply love to be up close. (It is one reason why I do so terribly in Call of Duty, I just knife for days.)

Quetzal
August 21st, 2013, 02:57 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-_wUKOEsFrQ/TAfXqL4G1lI/AAAAAAAAABc/2yRLfG60STg/S660/GUNBLADE.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/095/6/4/lightning_gunblade_by_snowfarron-d4v3scm.jpg

Why not both? I'm more of an RPG player though, so I'd usually take a sword over a gun. But then, I do love to snipe.

Spartacus
August 21st, 2013, 03:11 AM
For me, it's definitely swords. I've always loved the sword as a weapon over everything but the bow. And as an RPG gamer over anything else, I do find myself using a sword very often.

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-_wUKOEsFrQ/TAfXqL4G1lI/AAAAAAAAABc/2yRLfG60STg/S660/GUNBLADE.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/095/6/4/lightning_gunblade_by_snowfarron-d4v3scm.jpg

Why not both? I'm more of an RPG player though, so I'd usually take a sword over a gun. But then, I do love to snipe.

I don't believe Squall's Gunblade actually uses bullets. ._.

ShadowE
August 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
Swords all the way, i love getting up close and personal and slicing the heck out of some enemies. Also if there is a bayonet on a sniper in a game like Borderlands 2 i just use that thing over and over, cause i can :P

Apple Juice
August 21st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Guns are the primary weapon in first person shooters, and I'm absolutely horrible at them, so naturally if there's a choice I would opt for a sword. I just like it much more than using guns; I feel like I'm more in control then when I'm shooting from afar. In general I just prefer close combat to any other battling, so that's why I enjoy using swords. :3c

Magic
August 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Swords! There's something much more satisfying fighting someone with a bladed weapon - they have the chance to defend themselves, parry and attack back.

Gunning games just never appealed to me. I've been shot 20 times and still standing? Great! Meanwhile I could turn a corner and some lurking character could shoot me in the head, from a window in the distance. :(

T!M
August 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Gunning games just never appealed to me. I've been shot 20 times and still standing? Great! Meanwhile I could turn a corner and some lurking character could shoot me in the head, from a window in the distance. :(

Good ol' Call of Duty, amirite.

For me, my play style has always been rushing. Get in your bubble and thrash wildly. That's why I believe in games, that allow it, I like to dice you. (God of War, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts etc.) I love CQB and I always have.

TwilightBlade
August 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Guns because when I'm close to my foe, I often mess up and get too skittish and end up dying. I'd like to deal with my enemies from afar then. what about a gun that shoots swords, though?

machomuu
August 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mainly swords for me, they're always just so fun to use. Generally it changes depending on the mechanics involved, but the heightened sense of danger, as well as the stylistic playstyle and the dynamic value that's added to the game just make swords/CC so appealing.