PDA

View Full Version : Oh hi thar

Vin_Prismriver
August 21st, 2013, 05:36 AM
Hello, I am Vin, a Pokémon and Touhou fan. My favourite Pokémon is Growlithe, is such a cutie. I discovered this community through the hacking section: I love Pokémon hacks, I think some of them are really intriguing. I look forward to have a good time here.

Please note that I'm not a native English language speaker, so my grammar might not be perfect.

Sheep
August 21st, 2013, 05:46 AM
Your grammar is quite great from what you've written here. :o I'm sure being on PC will help improve that even more! Welcome to the forum, Vin!

D'aw, I'm sure you can tell who my username is named after if you're into Touhou, but I've actually never played the official games. Played Touhoumon though and found that one to be super addicting and very cute. I'd like to try the games whenever I can and plan to in the near future. :) I'm surprised a single person created them - must have been very tough!

The Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) board is a great haven for all things ROM hacking-related and it's awesome that you're into that. It's one of our most popular boards (if not the most popular) so you'll find lots to keep you busy there. Do you have any favorites? I'd recommend playing the lovely Flora Sky and Liquid Crystal if you haven't already as those are my personal favorites. They're the only two hacks I really played all the way through, hehe. Any plans to create your own hack in the future? You'll find a lot of resources to help you along if you do decide to make one, from tutorials to team help and all that good stuff.

Anyways, enjoy your time here, all right? Be sure to message me or another moderator if you need help! Great meeting you. <3

Vin_Prismriver
August 21st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks a lot, I appreciate you welcome :3

Of course I recognize Cirno! I'm not a very fan of ⑨, but she really is popular. My favourite characters are the Prismriver Sisters (they're not very popular, unfortunately, but their theme sure is!). If you care your mental health, it's a good thing to avoid the games (I ragequit on easy) x°

Talking about the Emulation Board, I knew Flora Sky for a long time, and I'm still waiting for Garnet. Some of these hacks here are awesome, as I said before.

Any plans to create your own hack in the future?

You got the point, hehe: One of the reasons I decided to join the community is to showcase the Touhoumon hack my team is currently developing (though we're not ready to present it yet)!

It's not the first time I take part in an English-speaking community (My first language is Italian), so I hope I don't get bored all of sudden like happened once. I'll try to active as I can =D

//looks at his fellow's location
Oh, you're also into Shigenki, too? :3

awolfsquared
August 21st, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hello there Vin! Welcome to PC!

And yeah you're grammar's pretty good for a non-English speaking person. I'm guessing you're from Italy since Italian is your first language? I'm part Italian on my mom's side. I'm also part German which goes to how much of a melting pot America is. But it's fine if you don't speak English as your native language. We have plenty of people who are in that same situation. The internet is really the most diverse place cause you can meet people from all over the world. I've meet people on here from Greece, the Philippines, Australia, Britain, and all over.

I personally love Growlithe myself. I think it'd be a cool Pokemon to have as a pet and Arcanine is by far one of my favorite Fire types. It's obvious you joined for Pokemon right? You're in a good place to talk about the series as a whole cause we have lots of sections on it. Everything on the games from gen 1 to gen 5 and the upcoming generation VI and Pokemon X and Y! I'm very excited for the new games myself. The graphics look spectacular and the games look really promising. But if the games aren't your thing you can also talk about the anime, the many manga series and the card game too. There's tons to explore so look around.

Anyway, Cirno suggested the Emulation board which I have to agree is a great section for you. There's a good amount of hacks there including Flora Sky and even just tutorials and helpful resources and tools to help you in making a hack too. I've honestly wanted to always tried Flora Sky. I downloaded it some time ago, but never gotten around to playing it. It looks like loads of fun and so do lots of other hacks. I should probably get around to playing it sometime and playing a ton of other hacks too.

Hopefully you can have a fun time here and make lots of friends. You shouldn't be intimidated by us cause we are really nice people. There staff here in blue, orange and red are really helpful and will help you out with anything so give them a shout when you need it. I wouldn't mind if you talk to me, so feel free to VM or PM me anytime! See ya around!

Vin_Prismriver
August 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks mate, I'm also very excited for X and Y, especially how the new pokémon and Mega ones will affect the battling community~

I want MegaArcanine also

KriegStein
August 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Hey there Vin! Glad to see another Touhou fan here. (Your names second part kinda gave it away ;D)

I hope you enjoy your time here in PC. Im sure youll fit right in. Were all very friendly so I doupt youll have any problems while here. Glad to have you here, see ya around and vm me If you want to talk etc. :D I hope you have a blast here.

Vin_Prismriver
August 21st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks! Happy to see another insane Touhou fan. Oh, I Read Rules, FAQs and stuff: it really looks like a quiet and respectful community.

I'll be sure to vm you :3

«Chuckles»
August 22nd, 2013, 12:57 AM
Hello, yeah pokemon hacking is very popular try not to get stolen by the Rp section because once you enter you never leave.
Are you interested in making hacks or just playing them?

Enjoy your stay :D