PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 Is on the Way

Endless
August 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/6prio1.jpg

At the Gamescom 2013 press event, it's been announced that Sony will be releasing its latest video game console, PlayStation 4, on November 15th in the United States. In the United Kingdom, it will be released two weeks later on November 29th. If you're a resident of the US, then you'll be able to grab this console for $399. If you live in UK, it will cost you £349. These are the games that'll be available during launch:

NBA 2K14
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Skylanders Swap Force
Need for Speed: Rivals
Battlefield 4
Madden 25
FIFA 14
NBA Live 14
Killzone: Shadow Fall
#DRIVECLUB
Knack
Assassins Creed IV - Black Flag
Watch Dogs
Just Dance 2014
LEGO Marvel Superheroes

Are any of you going to get this console? If so, then what will be your first game?

Aeroblast
August 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
I'll probably get it during Black Friday if possible, otherwise I'll wait out until Christmas. My first games will probably be Watch dogs, BF4, Killzone, and FIFA.

Gyardosamped
August 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Honestly, I'll probably wait till 2014 till I get a new console, considering I did just recently buy a Wii U. Both the PS4 and Xbox One are looking promising. Not sure which I'll get, if any, but it'll probably be the PS4 since I already have a 360. From that list, COD: Ghosts, NfS: Rivals, and Watch Dogs look to be interesting me the most at the moment.

Emburn
August 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
I'll probably get CoD: Ghosts and Assassin's Creed 4. Hopefully I can convince my dad into buying me this :3.
Where's Kingdom of Hearts?

New Eden
August 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Where's Kingdom of Hearts?
I don't even think KH3 has even been given a release year yet.

Anyway, it'll be a couple years for me. I'm pretty satisfied with my PC, and I don't want to get another console until there's simply games that are coming out that I feel I need to have that are console only.

Keizaal
August 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
I decided that I was getting a PS4 ever since the night of E3 at the Sony Conference. But I won't be getting one for a while. I've only had my 360 for two years, There is still a plethora of current-gen games for me to buy and play.

I'll be getting Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs for 360, though. Considering they will be cheaper and that the internet will be ridden with spoilers by time I get a PS4.

I'm not the biggest fan of FPS's, but the Battlefield segment of E3, or at least, the part I saw, blowing up buildings and such, looked super cool. I hate FPS multiplayer though, so I probably won't get it.

Is there ACTUALLY a game called #DRIVECLUB? God help us all.

Satoshi Ookami
August 23rd, 2013, 12:19 AM
I just got myself a PS3 so buying PS4 will have to wait...
Probably once JRPGs start being localized.

curiousnathan
August 23rd, 2013, 01:36 AM
At the moment I'm not planning to buy the PS4. Few games on that list take my fancy, and I think I'll probably save my money up to buy the latest 3DS in October along with Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Azure Rathalδs
August 23rd, 2013, 05:03 AM
Apart from Knack and Drive Club (or #DRIVECLUB, seriously this hashtag **** needs to stop), none of the titles really interest. It does look like a great system with a great ecosystem, and the controller seems to be very good. (I hate offset thumbsticks) The social integration looks quite clever, but it doesn't have the same 'unique' feel that Miiverse has.

I do think that, out of the 3 consoles, the Wii U had the best day one launch titles, although that console is really lacking unique titles right now and Nintendo really needs to make Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D Reha- I mean World sell well. They'll probably fly off the shelves.

Renpuu
August 23rd, 2013, 06:17 AM
I'm doubtful I will be getting a PS4 right now, none of those launch titles appeal to me much. I am looking forward to Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes which may be released for the PS4 but if it is on the 360 or PS3 then why bother >_>.

Nathan
August 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
I just got a PS3 so I won't get this right away. But a lot of games are appealing to me. NFS : Rivals, BF4, CoD : Ghosts, FIFA 14. This will probably be my next gen console and I'm already saving up for it.

Endless
August 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
I wanted to buy Xbox One, but unfortunately, it's too much expensive. Many of its premium services are also a bit pricey. Instead, I've decided to get PS4. It's not that bad of a choice, to be honest. It costs much less than the Xbox, and it has many exclusive games that I'm interested in. One of the games that I'm looking forward to is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which is filled with stunning visuals and action-packed gameplay. I'm also looking forward to Knack, a platformer game. Since it was made by the creators of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, we can definitely expect some good things from it. =)

Amiasek
August 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
I will get PS4 since XBO wont be available in Poland this year. I'll get Knack as soon as possible cause this game looks stunning. Was watching Sony's conferecne at Gamescon hoping they will show something really amazing, but got really dissapointed. They showed almost nothing new at the conference and the cameras where just awful. I really hope that we will get new Crash Bandicoot or Spyra in this gen! :D

SaniOKh
August 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
I think I'll eventually get this, but, let's just say I'm not an early adopter by a long shot, my PS3 is only a few months old.

Quto
August 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Checking online, this is truly, truly pathetic.

I like a lot of Sony's titles and one of the most nonvenomous reasons I didn't want a 360 was because of the free online multi-player play.

Now with the PS4 rolling in PS+ in order to play online, all my money I was going to set aside for a PS4 is now going towards either charity or a brand-new PC. I purchased the WiiU and love playing on it still.

But it seems to me Sony is going in the opposite direction along with Microsoft. Most of the games releasing are just single player and you can almost never find any split-screen co-op/vs. games anymore. If the games are following this trend where online is necessary to even play with friends, then it isn't worth it. In fact, a lot of games are following the need online to play with or against each other. Whatever happen to the days where you could invite a few friends over to play Mario Party, Power Stone, Halo or even Wipeout? It looks to me its just their pipe dream to gauge us for more money.

The exclusives for PS4 are pretty good, such as Infamous: Second Son and Diablo 3; Xbox One has some good launch titles too, such as the new Halo and the Witcher 3; but now I'm turned off from both consoles and looking up to nintendo.

I may as well start my own console project!!! My only worry about that though is it doesn't end up like the Ouya.

Thats my two cents, you can agree or disagree, take your pick.

Miss Doronjo
August 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I'll definitely try to get the PS4, especially considering some of my favourite franchises in Sony are coming out for it~ By that, I mean Kingdom Hearts 3. ^^

machomuu
August 24th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Checking online, this is truly, truly pathetic.

I like a lot of Sony's titles and one of the most nonvenomous reasons I didn't want a 360 was because of the free online multi-player play.

Now with the PS4 rolling in PS+ in order to play online, all my money I was going to set aside for a PS4 is now going towards either charity or a brand-new PC. I purchased the WiiU and love playing on it still.

But it seems to me Sony is going in the opposite direction along with Microsoft. Most of the games releasing are just single player and you can almost never find any split-screen co-op/vs. games anymore. If the games are following this trend where online is necessary to even play with friends, then it isn't worth it. In fact, a lot of games are following the need online to play with or against each other. Whatever happen to the days where you could invite a few friends over to play Mario Party, Power Stone, Halo or even Wipeout? It looks to me its just their pipe dream to gauge us for more money.

The exclusives for PS4 are pretty good, such as Infamous: Second Son and Diablo 3; Xbox One has some good launch titles too, such as the new Halo and the Witcher 3; but now I'm turned off from both consoles and looking up to nintendo.

I may as well start my own console project!!! My only worry about that though is it doesn't end up like the Ouya.

Thats my two cents, you can agree or disagree, take your pick.
I don't really see it as much of a con, seeing as PS+ has quite a few perks that go along with it. Compared to Xbox Live, which restricts quite a bit on the 360 and even more on the Xbone if you opt not to buy it, PS+ is far less punishing when it comes to whether one wants to pay for the service or not. While I don't endorse the idea, the fact that PS+ is so rewarding makes the idea of paying for it far less painful, especially since those that don't want to or can't can still use the many online applications and services (which isn't the case with Live). In that sense, I would actually say that the two are only really similar in that they both allow access to Online Multiplayer. It seems that, in Live's case, you're simply lifting the limitations from your system to make it what you paid for, while PS+ has actual perks.

Now, on a personal note, I don't generally play competitive online multiplayer in games. It's never been a deal maker or breaker for me, and I've never bought a game solely for its multiplayer. However, having the decision to play online has always been far more irksome to me than having the option. Take into consideration that last generation, 2 of the 3 released home consoles had free online. With the two free home consoles, I always had games that allowed for the option to play online. I do enjoy multiplayer, but I don't play it a lot. This doesn't mean that I don't play it at all, though, so being able to play multiplayer when I feel like it is nice. In the case of Live, however, I have to decide if I want to pay for the online service just so I can play online multiplayer, but because I don't prioritize it, it would be a waste of money for me to pay for something I'll only use sometimes. This creates a sort of separate and inequal relationship between the modes in games, as well as a gamer's gaming priorities (and, consequently, the developer's). If I were someone who didn't care about the perks that PS+ had, this would be pretty much Live all over again, and I do find that to be annoying.

But will this change anything? No. Kids will still get their parents to pay for PS+ for them, just like with Live. Older gamers will weigh the perks against the cost and purchase accordingly...or just buy it so that they can play online, just like with Live. Xbox got away with this strategy with little to no repercussions, so it's no surprise that Sony is promoting the same strategy with their service that they know to be much better.

Wobbu
August 24th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Nah, I stopped at the PS2. I have nothing against Sony, it's just that I'd rather use my PC and the Sony exclusive games aren't enough to convince me to buy a PS4...