PDA

View Full Version : Would you EVER...

Miss Doronjo
August 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
... Give away or sell your old video games?

Why or why not?

Cherrim
August 24th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Nope. The only games I've disposed of in any way were doubles. I keep everything else, even if I don't like it. Part of it is because there's always a chance I'll want to play it again and, especially with older games, I know it'll be hard to get my hands on it again, but I think most of it is that I'm a collector and even once I've finished with a game, I like seeing it on my shelf.

Besides, you don't get much if you're trading games into retail stores and it seems like such a hassle to do it online. :(

Wobbu
August 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I used to up until a few years ago. The only reason why I sold my old games was to make money for buying new consoles and games. The main reason why I stopped was because I started to miss playing those games and I would eventually buy them again for more money than I sold them for...

Peitharchia
August 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sure, why not? I've done it before. xD" I've given a lot of my games away to my friends and cousins, and I've also traded some in at my local video game stores. I still have a pretty large collection, though. To me, it just feels unnecessary to keep a game that you've already finished (regardless of how much you like it). Plus, thanks to all the emulators that people have developed over the years, you'll always be able to play these games on your computer whenever you want to without having the physical copies. It might be a bit illegal, but people do it anyway.

Aeroblast
August 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Nope. I'll probably regret it, just like how I felt after giving away my Pokemon trading cards.

Apple Juice
August 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Definitely. If I've played a game to the point where it isn't even entertaining, then I don't have a need for it. If one of my friends asks to try it out before I sell it, I'll give it to them, but other than that I get rid of it. Some games I intend to keep forever, but others I even buy with the thought that my ownership of it is temporary. After you finish playing through it, besides the activities you can do after the plot ends, the game isn't of much worth to you anymore. Emulators also present good reason to sell games. If nostalgia kicks in, more than likely you can find it online. Depending on your computer, they can run nearly the same quality as what it would have on a console, free of charge.

xxkaylabby
August 24th, 2013, 03:56 PM
i've never turned in my old games to gamestop. i've given my ds and my pokemon game to my ex and never got them back ._.

T!M
August 24th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I did today, lawl! I traded in Call of Duty: World at War, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom 3, Bioshock: Infinite and Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Got 44USD in store credit. :D

If the above wasn't obvious. I do indeed trade in my games, but only if they're craptastic or I'm craptastic at them.

Reasons Games were sold
World at War: Multiplayer was infested with modders and hackers.
SSF4AE: Sucked REALLY bad at it.
UMvC3: Refer to above reason.
Bioshock: Infinite: The story didn't grab me and I wasn't enjoying the game at all.
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi: Was just a bad game all around and I beat it into the ground.

Alice
August 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever. I sold a lot of my games for $5 when I was younger at a garage sale, and still regret it. I've bought most of them again, but I paid a heck of a lot more than $5 for them.

skyluigi2
August 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM
I've traded in a lot of games. Generally they've been ones I didn't really enjoy, or were boring. I'd use the money I got from them for buying newer games.

Talli
August 25th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I have never sold a game before, but am made to give my old games to my nephew.

Spartacus
August 27th, 2013, 02:35 AM
I actually sold all of my GBA games when I was 13. I completely and utterly regret doing it. I only did it so I would have money, which was a very stupid think to do considering the games included Pokemon Yellow and most of the Pokemon GBA games released. I would never have even thought about doing so now but it's too late, unfortunately. Otherwise, I have sold my Xbox 360 and all the games I had with it to have sufficient funds for this gaming PC which I do not regret because PC gaming is amazing and the deals out there can be brilliant. I've sold 2 PC games; FIFA 13 and Battlefield 3. This was during the Steam Summer Sale and I wanted some money and considering I had stopped playing those 2 games I figured it was fine for me to sell games that I don't play to buy more games with that money that I do play.

Tsutarja
August 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I would certainly sell/give away the DS/GBA/GB games I haven't touched in 5+ years because I have had no interest, but it wouldn't be an easy decision for me to make because I often regret stuff all the time, which is probably why I never give away my games all too often, or sell them.

Seki
August 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Giveaway or selling to a friend... Maybe, cos if a friend really really really is a big fan of... lets say God Of War while I don't really like it that much, I will probably give it to him, cos I am kind so.

But selling/giving to a random person/shop.

NO.

New Eden
August 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I only would to buy a new game with no financial cost to me. However, I don't have/buy many games anymore so now I can't really do that now.

IggyKoopa
August 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
What do you mean by "old" games? If you mean Super NES, N64, etc., then hell no, they're relatively worthless, especially in the condition that mine are in. I would sell my Xbox 360 & Wii games that I don't play anymore.

Fiery Dash
August 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I sold games that I completed(of course! lol) plus those that I lost interest in.
Like Street Fighter IV 3DS, a 3DS Mario game, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kirby Squeak Squad.

Though there are 2 games that I couldn't get rid of...
Pokemon Dash and Pokemon Ranger... Ughh...

Sylphiel
August 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Usually once something is "mine", it'll take something short of a miracle to get me to get rid of it - games included. Doesn't matter even if it's a crappy game, it's mine and it will stay mine.

...Plus what if I suddenly have a desire to play one of those old video games? Assuming I still have an operational system to play them on, I might regret selling them if something like that were to ever happen!

So yeah. I don't sell my old games, at least not of my own free will. Won't happen.

Osiris
August 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM
If I've got a game that's been collecting dust on my shelf for a year or two and I still have no desire to play it, I have no problem selling them. Heck, I don't even mind trading them into EB Games to get $5 out of them when I could probably triple that elsewhere- as far as I'm concerned, a little bit is better than nothing at all.