PDA

View Full Version : Civilization V

Spartacus
August 29th, 2013, 01:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/CIVILIZATION-V-FRONT-OF-BOX.jpg
Sid Meier's Civilization V is a turn-based, 4X video game developed by Firaxis Games, released on Microsoft Windows in September 2010 and on OS X on November 23, 2010.. In Civilization V, the player leads their civilization from the prehistoric era to the modernized eras (if you haven't been demolished before then) and if you reach 2050 you accept defeat or go on to even more modern eras. There are quite a few ways you can achieve victory which can stem from conquering the entire map to being the first to launch a rocket, which require rocket parts which require certain technologies. The expansion packs for the game offers plenty more to the game, making it more detailed and a lot more interesting to play.

It's first expansion pack, Civilization V: Gods & Kings, was released on June 19, 2012 in North America and June 22 internationally. It includes features such as religion, espionage, enhanced naval combat and combat AI, as well as nine new civilizations. A second expansion pack, Civilization V: Brave New World, was announced on March 15, 2013. It includes features such as international trade routes, a world congress, tourism, great works, as well as nine new civilizations and eight additional wonders. It was released on July 9, 2013 in North America and on July 12, 2013 in the rest of the world.

This thread is to discuss anything we want about Civilization V. I, for one, have become recently addicted to the game after the second expansion pack. It made the game incredibly fun for me and now I can't stop playing it.

Wobbu
August 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I just discovered this game a few months ago and I love it. Steam had the the game 50% off and it came with the Gods & Kings expansion along with a lot of extra leaders and civilizations. It's a really fun game to play, especially will all of the different ways to win. I usually play with the largest map possible and against as many other civilizations as I can (I can't rember the max amount of opponents). Unfortunately I'm doomed to playing it in 2D because this 3D has more lag than I can stand. I have yet to get Brave New World because I'm waiting for it to go on sale ;)

Gengarism
August 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I actually bought this game when it was on sale because the trailers looked pretty nice. However they seemed a bit misleading. Maybe I'll try it when I'm not busy. But it was very confusing when I first tried it. Any starter tips?

Kanzler
August 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I decided that I'd only buy the game when Rhye's and Fall of Civilization or another mod that could do the same thing comes out. I'm really interested in the whole 10000 BC - 2100 AD scenario with religions and corporations and all that :P

T!M
August 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Very fun and deep game. I love the cultural policy choices. Being able to relive certain things like Communism and Fascism. And the access to modern and destructive weapons, Atom Bombs and Nuclear Weapons. The use of a real world (almost full-scale) model of Earth. References to certain projects. (Trinity Project and the Apollo Program) the game is just all-around sexy. I would play it crap-tons more if my computer wasn't so bad at being a computer, lol.