PDA

View Full Version : Help me chose a Dragon........Please

Ice demon
December 14th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Ok i want to make a team with a [few] dragons.So which is better -dragonite,flygon or salmenace.I have heard dragonite is the best because it has much better special attach than the others, but i still don't know ........can some one out there help me.I guess Dragontrainer can help me. :(

[Also for people who want to catch shiny pokemon i have heard that they cannot achieve max stats...but i don't know.So for all those out there i hope u are looking for shinys for their looks alone. :dead:]

Kairi
December 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Alternate color Pokmon couldnt on GSC, but they can now. Dragons are just a matte of preference really. Although Flygon is at a disadvantage not having Dragon Dance.

Ice demon
December 14th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Alternate color Pokmon couldnt on GSC, but they can now. Dragons are just a matte of preference really. Although Flygon is at a disadvantage not having Dragon Dance.

thanks for yhe info on the shiny pokemon ...i figure i am going to one of those people who are always searching for them now. : :tired:

still i would like to know which dragon other people would pick.If any one has the max stats for salmenace i would really like to know them

:classic:

DragonTrainer
December 14th, 2003, 12:51 PM
while I don't know about salamence's max stats, I would personally pick dragonite.

I picked it because it has good stats, and can learn quite an array of moves

Frostweaver
December 15th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Salamence
HP 363
Atk 338
Def 228
Speed 268
SpA 288
SpD 228

Dragonite
HP 355
Atk 336
Def 258
Speed 228
SpA 268
SpD 268

Dragonite can be a bit defensive at times and it can learn haze (but that's rather desperate to put haze here). Though both of them can dragon dance, Salamence may not have as much time to buff up due to low defense. However, Salamence benefits more from Dragon Dance because its natural speed is higher (attack should be the same but the numbers are different due to rounding errors). Plus Salamence has double edge which is superior compare to return in terms of attack power (recoil is something to think about.)

Conclusion: Salamence just purely sweeps but excels at it while Dragonite has much more defensive power.

Fire Master
December 15th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Wait..is Dragonite in R/S? If not your choice is really Salamence.

Kairi
December 15th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Its in it; you just cant get it without Fire Red or Leaf Green. ^_^;

Ice demon
December 16th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Salamence
HP 363
Atk 338
Def 228
Speed 268
SpA 288
SpD 228

Dragonite
HP 355
Atk 336
Def 258
Speed 228
SpA 268
SpD 268

Dragonite can be a bit defensive at times and it can learn haze (but that's rather desperate to put haze here). Though both of them can dragon dance, Salamence may not have as much time to buff up due to low defense. However, Salamence benefits more from Dragon Dance because its natural speed is higher (attack should be the same but the numbers are different due to rounding errors). Plus Salamence has double edge which is superior compare to return in terms of attack power (recoil is something to think about.)

Conclusion: Salamence just purely sweeps but excels at it while Dragonite has much more defensive power.

hey thanks so much frostweaver that really helped.I think i will go with salamence

Rayquaza
December 16th, 2003, 06:36 AM
go for salamence, better then flygon and dragonite isn't obtainable..

flygonruler1
December 16th, 2003, 02:43 PM
FLYGON!!!!! go for flygon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragonTrainer
December 16th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Flygonruler1, please try to add more stuff to your post.^_^

If you just want a sweeper, go for salamence, but if you like to be on the defensive, go for dragonite

Arore
December 17th, 2003, 06:08 AM
I would go with Salamence. It is tougher than Flygon and has more devestating attacks. Plus, it looks cooler. :cool: Just kiddin'. :D But seriously, I would say that Salamence is your best bet...if your primary focus is strength.

Dragon Man
December 17th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Personally I like Salamence because it can learn really good moves. But Dragonite is good also. Like Kairi said Flygon doesn't have Dragon Dance. To expand on the Salamence thought it can learn Fly rather than use an HM. It also can learn Crunch which is good.

Ice demon
December 17th, 2003, 07:45 PM
i have decided to go with salamence.Thanks for all the helpful info. it helped alot

Arore
December 21st, 2003, 11:26 AM
Glad to be of service! *bows* :D Salamence rules! ^ ^

wraithghost89
December 23rd, 2003, 04:34 PM
salamence relys on physical stats the most, just like dragonite, but i personally like dragonite a lot...

flygon is also great, considering many people think it's flying but actually dragon/groound with levitate... so maany people will probably come with someone with ancientpower...

altaria is also good! however, all those dragons have 4x weakness against ice! lol

all except kingdra! he/she is also great in special attack!

to get these easily: (if you have gameshark, use this to get kingdra as wild pokemon!)

39E924C4 4136A9DD
2B185541 DB13ACF6

wraithghost89
December 23rd, 2003, 04:37 PM
sorry for double posting, but to get dragonite (though it is only obtainable with gameshark):

39E924C4 4136A9DD
796E6824 2B208DD5

Frostweaver
December 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
it's not about ancientpower hitting flying, it's about ice beam...

Flygon is perhaps the most useless out of all the dragons... I mean... no abuse with dragon dance? =/
Altaria... well... can be very powerful with haze but that contradicts dragon dance. Plus even with dragon dance it's not a great attacker... plus I usually have a very hard time deciding how to distribute EV with Altaria (it's not so obvious unlike Salamence- atk and spd!)