PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear god....THAT WEIGHTY OCTOPUS AGAIN!!!!

HeavyOctillery
August 31st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Nearing THREE years....and still no Exploding Psyduck emote....I am disappoint. :/

Been a while, hasn't it? Yes, I still remember Yuoaman's little quip from the LP of Raptor - which I hear has finally been upgraded quite a bit.

There's several reasons why it's been nearly two years: The absence started when my old comp finally died, forcing me to resort to an older, slower comp that couldn't handle Raptor; since the Fangame section was what drew me here in the first place, I became discouraged.

Theeeen, THAT comp died. Luckily, due to nifty circumstances, I was able to purchase a non-*****y comp from Office Depot about 2 years ago, and, beyond me jarring one of the USB ports loose when I accidentally yanked my game controller, works great.

The rest is because equal parts distraction & horrible laziness. :P

I had wanted to do a fangame some time ago, but considering I can't code worth ****, I decided to give up on that; I've gone to fanfics (for other franchises) now, but none are even at the early stages yet.

A Cracked.com article led me to a wad of sheer awesomeness called Pokemon Fusion Generation, which is what happens when you take the cracktastic stuff a Fusion Generator program poops out, and make a fangame based on it; I've been immediately hooked by it. So, now that I can enjoy fangames again, I FINALLY decided to return here, just to see how all the ones from 2 5/6 years ago are doin', if they're still being worked on.

tl;dr, YEAH IT'S ME AGAIN. BE AFRAAAIIIID.

Hikamaru
August 31st, 2013, 08:01 PM
Oh wow you're an old member indeed. Welcome back!

I've heard of Yuoaman, he was once a mod here I think but I hardly see him around these days. Sadly I don't think we've ever met since I joined during your inactivity period but it's never too late to start getting active again, and even though PC has changed we're still the forum you know and love. Loads of new people have joined while you were gone while some others disappeared.

Anyways, I do hope to see you around and get re-acquainted with everything and if you need help just ask Cirno or another staff member in the blue, orange and red usernames. Have fun getting active again HeavyOctillery!

- Hikari10

Minerva
August 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty certain that the games a few years ago are either still in beta or have been officially released. You should check that out, maybe you can finally download and try out the new features they added. :D

Welcome back to the community, btw! Wow, it has been a while since you left. You got a loooot to catch up on! Be sure you give the rules a refresher, and take your time exploring what the community is now, because I know it has been soooo long and most of the things here are probably new to you. You are more than welcome to ask any questions if you become unfamiliar with anything you see here. :D

Have fun, and hopefully you stick around :D

Kouzan
September 1st, 2013, 06:58 AM
Welcome back HeavyOctillery!

It's been a while since you've been here hasn't it? It's unfortunate how much computer problem you've had, though I know I've had a few of those a couple times. As a member who've been here for sometime, I know you know you're way around the block. But there's definitely been a lot of changes to the forums so I suggest looking around a bit to readjust yourself. I wasn't here when you were last here it seems, but I love to get to know you more. Feel free to VM me anytime okay? Hoping you make a lot of new friends here and stay as active as possible!!

See you around!

HeavyOctillery
September 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry for the late reply; laziness again. That, and the aforementioned fangame distracting me. :P

Thanks for the re-welcomin'!
Oh wow you're an old member indeed. Welcome back!

I've heard of Yuoaman, he was once a mod here I think but I hardly see him around these days. Sadly I don't think we've ever met since I joined during your inactivity period but it's never too late to start getting active again, and even though PC has changed we're still the forum you know and love. Loads of new people have joined while you were gone while some others disappeared.

Anyways, I do hope to see you around and get re-acquainted with everything and if you need help just ask Cirno or another staff member in the blue, orange and red usernames. Have fun getting active again HeavyOctillery!

- Hikari10
Eh, well, it appears to still be the same old place I left behind, complete with a slogan....that isn't really a slogan....that's still a slogan.http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/emot-psyboom.gif

And Yuoa appears to still be here, too, as does Atomic Reactor, so I'm seein' names I recognize, at least. Yeah, I don't think we've met, so, uh, hello. :P
I'm pretty certain that the games a few years ago are either still in beta or have been officially released. You should check that out, maybe you can finally download and try out the new features they added. :D

Welcome back to the community, btw! Wow, it has been a while since you left. You got a loooot to catch up on! Be sure you give the rules a refresher, and take your time exploring what the community is now, because I know it has been soooo long and most of the things here are probably new to you. You are more than welcome to ask any questions if you become unfamiliar with anything you see here. :D

Have fun, and hopefully you stick around :D
Well, I know Raptor EX was to get some extra stuff before I left; unfortunately, the timing w/ my old comp sucked. :sideways: It should be fun to see what new stuff's in there - although I'm gonna wait until I'm done w/ my run of PFG.

Eh, something tells me the rules are probably mostly the same as they were before - hence why I've bleeped myself in the opening post (I swear enough for multiple truck drivers). *goes & double-checks anyway, just to be on the safe side* Yup, swearing still a no-no.....even though, apparently, those under 13 basically aren't allowed in here anymore, but it's no real biggie.

I do see something about removal of name changes....hm, good thing I don't see myself changing this username anyway. I also see the ability to like posts, which I don't remember there being last time I was here.

*lols at Sylphiel's Joltik/Porygon server crash pic*
Welcome back HeavyOctillery!

It's been a while since you've been here hasn't it? It's unfortunate how much computer problem you've had, though I know I've had a few of those a couple times. As a member who've been here for sometime, I know you know you're way around the block. But there's definitely been a lot of changes to the forums so I suggest looking around a bit to readjust yourself. I wasn't here when you were last here it seems, but I love to get to know you more. Feel free to VM me anytime okay? Hoping you make a lot of new friends here and stay as active as possible!!

See you around!
Ok; thanks!

Glad there's someone else here who sympathizes! :mudkip^_^: I was lucky enough to be able to get my current comp, although I'm still a bit paranoid just because of all the issues from before. :/

Jeannes.Thinkin
September 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry.... I have no idea who you are. Maybe it's because when you left, I didn't even know what PC is... But you seem cool. I'm lazy too. in case you feel alone.